It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Women's right [THE TRUTH]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If you have noticed Western nations will always target other nations human rights, or women's rights.

I will choose the Great USA as a representative of Western nations, since it is the US who is always in front line when defending women. Let's see what is going on in America, how are women treated.

Physical Abuse of Women:

about 3.8 million assaults.

Rape of Women:

Women and girls ages 12 and up annually reported about 500,000 rapes and sexual assaults

Robberies:

...almost 500,000 robberies...

Honor Killings:

Of the 5328 women murdered in 1990, FBI data indicate that about half or more of them by a husband or boyfriend.

SAD FACTS:

During the last decade, domestic violence has been identified as one of the major causes of emergency room visits by women.

From 20% to 30% of the women who are seen by emergency room physicians exhibit at least one or more symptoms of physical abuse.

10% of the victims were pregnant at the time of abuse.

10% reported that their children had also been abused by the batterer.

More SAD FACTS:

*Women aged 19 to 29 and women in families with incomes below $10,000 were more likely than other women to be victims of violence by an intimate.

Source:

Sources: 1995 National Crime Victimization Survey of the U.S. Department of Justice. You can order this Special Report (NCJ-154348) "Violence Against Women: Estimates from the Redesigned Survey August 1995" by calling the Bureau of Justice Statistics Clearinghouse, 800-732-3277and the National Domestic Violence Hotline Fact Sheet and Statistics.

Is that a human rights record to be proud of?

Seriously, power does affect perspective.

See since America is so powerful, it has forced the world to believe it is heaven, when in fact it is hell. How many people in prison? For get about the corrections.

America complains about other country's nuclear weapons, or the pursue of nuclear weapons, while she has the most in the world: America complains about other country's human rights/women rights when it has a very bad record of its own.

Same *crap* different smell. If you know what I mean.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Duzey]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So you're saying that a bunch of crimes comitted by individuals somehow makes the entire Republic of the United States hypocritical.

If it was the US government comitting those crimes you might have a case. If the government looked the other way and didn't prosecute those crimes, you might have a case.

The US keeps track of these statistics because they pursue and prosecute the offenders of all of those crimes.

This thread= EPIC FAIL!!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

So you're saying that a bunch of crimes comitted by individuals somehow makes the entire Republic of the United States hypocritical.

If it was the US government comitting those crimes you might have a case. If the government looked the other way and didn't prosecute those crimes, you might have a case.

The US keeps track of these statistics because they pursue and prosecute the offenders of all of those crimes.

This thread= EPIC FAIL!!!

Nope I am talking about women's situation on Western countries. They are treated like crap, as the statistics show.

Don't you get the point of the thread?

What is the point of having women's rights with that type of statistics?

Even Saudi Arabian women are doing much better, and living in a better condition and environment than the US.

Don't jump to conclusions so quick

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Man! what is the point of this thread? it proves nothing other than the OPs desire to write about topics they clearly don't really understand.......

Must try harder

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
Man! what is the point of this thread? it proves nothing other than the OPs desire to write about topics they clearly don't really understand.......

Must try harder

No you try harder to understand, do you get what Women's Rights means? And What the purpose of women's Right is?

So what is the purpose? Isn't it there to protect women?

I don't see American women being protected with those statistics?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

What?!?!

You do know that women only make up about 5% of the workforce in Saudi Arabia, and that women are not allowed to drive cars there.

Live the life of an average Saudi Arabian women for a year, nah make that a month and i'll bet you would be crying to go home.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Please expand on the enlightened treatment of women, and the go to the below website and explain what you see.

Middle-East-Info.org

WARNING VERY GRAPHIC......

[edit on 5/14/2010 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by oozyism

What?!?!

You do know that women only make up about 5% of the workforce in Saudi Arabia, and that women are not allowed to drive cars there.

Live the life of an average Saudi Arabian women for a year, nah make that a month and i'll bet you would be crying to go home.

Are you kidding me, someone else driving for me, and not working.. Ohh god, that is my freaken dream.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Please expand on the enlightened treatment of women, and the go to the below website and explain what you see.

Middle-East-Info.org

WARNING VERY GRAPHIC......

[edit on 5/14/2010 by DarkStormCrow]

Post your own arguments, don't post a link, don't waste my time..

If your argument is too big, post a snip of the news you want to present as an argument..

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Just shows you cant admit the truth

post a link to your supposed statistics.

otherwise quit wasting bandwidth with your dribble.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

LOL! I am well aware of womens rights for instance,
In Islam the woman are subject to honour killings, rapes, forced marriage, movements are restricted and pretty much treated as second class citizens.
In China, there are no human rights for anyone who can't pay for them despite what the business men say.
In africa, rape as punishment for percieved crime, witch-burning and genital mutulation.

In the west these actions are not permitted, the perps would be hunted down like the dogs they are. Everywhere else the law does not really guarantee Woman's rights......

[edit on 14-5-2010 by strangleholder1]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

OH!

Let me guess another one of oozes bash the US threads. After wasting a full 30 seconds reading the entire thread. YES there are abuses of woman in the US but unlike many countries in the Middle East it's not a national past time!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by oozyism

What?!?!

Are you kidding me, someone else driving for me, and not working.. Ohh god, that is my freaken dream.

I feel sorry for you.

Are you 'that' stupid and naive or are you just pretending to be?

Do you really think that Saudi Arabian women have it better than western women? They are treated like glorified slaves by most the of men there.

Ummm yeah maybe you should book a oneway ticket, remember to bring your suntan lotion, skimpy outfits and make-up, im sure you will just love it
send me a postcard.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The women that I have known through the years who have been abused by their boyfriend/husband, were well aware of the men's behavior and chose to stay in the situation until it was almost too late. Any man I have ever dated, if they so much as showed a hint of abusive behavior, I would break up with them. The man I have been married to for 3o years has never abused me. Many women make bad choices.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I feel sorry for you.

Are you 'that' stupid and naive or are you just pretending to be?

Do you really think that Saudi Arabian women have it better than western women? They are treated like glorified slaves by most the of men there.

Ummm yeah maybe you should book a oneway ticket, remember to bring your suntan lotion, skimpy outfits and make-up, im sure you will just love it send me a postcard.

I'm not stupid, nor naive, nor pretending.

Have you been to Saudi Arabia?

"They are treated like glorified slaves", how are they slaves when they don't even work? You have been watching too much Western propaganda.

I have been to Saudi Arabia, infact twice ^^

Very nice place to live, especially considering you can leave your car on with the keys inside, go shopping, then come out, the car is still there lol.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Just shows you cant admit the truth

post a link to your supposed statistics.

otherwise quit wasting bandwidth with your dribble.

Admit what?

The source is there in the OP, don't waste my time please..

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I agree OP this is horrible. We should have sharia law and maybe go a bit north east to the forced abortion of femals in china. Thattl show them westerners how to really treat a women.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
bad things happen no matter what country people are in you think its only woman who get abused? let me tell you from experience a woman can abuse a man just as well as a man can abuse a woman the big difference is men dont report it (if they do they get laughed at) they get accused of being the abuser .(even when the evidence is contrary . again I know because i LIVED it.
as for the numbers just how many were fake clams bet you dont have that.
tell me im lieing again I LIVED it and know many others who have .
let me say one other thing then ill quit america is the only country were woman have worked there but off to be equil so they could turn around and be as revolting and as much of a louser as the worst man so yea there equil alright.
women serial killers Attentive pediatric nurse, suffering from bizarre Munchausen by Proxy syndrome, maims and murders many babies before the hospital understands the problem.

Velma Barfiel

(1 Rating)
This adoring mother and pious Christian grandmother had a secret habit -- she poisoned her husbands, boyfriends, elderly people in her care and even her mother. The amazing thing is how long this Black Widow serial poisoner got away with it.
i could go on but i think this makes my point. some people are bad some are woman some are men and i think the numbers are much closer then we will ever know . Are you going to report you were decked by a woman?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
reply to post by oozyism

LOL! I am well aware of womens rights for instance,
In Islam the woman are subject to honour killings, rapes, forced marriage, movements are restricted and pretty much treated as second class citizens.

When you make wild claims like that people are deemed to ask you for evidence, especially people who haven't been brainwashed yet. Hence me

Here let me make it simple, if it was Islamic for all these thing to happen, then why does evidence suggests other wise? Why are women treated like crap in the US when even though Women's right supposedly protects them?

Talk about results, not rhetorics.

In China, there are no human rights for anyone who can't pay for them despite what the business men say.
In africa, rape as punishment for percieved crime, witch-burning and genital mutulation.

In the west these actions are not permitted, the perps would be hunted down like the dogs they are. Everywhere else the law does not really guarantee Woman's rights......

[edit on 14-5-2010 by strangleholder1]

China has no human rights? But China with its population has less people in Prison than the US, I find that Amazing.

Once again, what is human rights, what is its purpose..

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiKFury
I agree OP this is horrible. We should have sharia law and maybe go a bit north east to the forced abortion of femals in china. Thattl show them westerners how to really treat a women.

The statistics already shows how Women are treated, I didn't say it.

Although you say you have women's right, and you want to protect women's right, I see no results.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join