It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thailand slips into Chaos - Bangkok becomes a War Zone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Your persistence is admirable however you are wrong and are failing to see any side to this story other than your own blinkered view point. When challenged you resort to attacks, insults or baseless accusations or simply pretend not to notice.

There are at least three other posters in this thread who are here right now in Thailand and yet you still claim nonsense. There are literally hundreds of video's and pictures available online contradicting what you say here.

Please go and educate yourself further. Learn about Thailand and its most recent history. I promise you "Hongkongphooey" has nailed it and the two posts he made early on in this thread are correct. Please read them again, then use Google or similar and research some more. You will eventually find that you are wrong. However I doubt somewhat whether you will admit it.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey

If you had read my earlier post you would understand the context as to how the loans were given out by the Thaksin government on the condition that they use the money (government tax money) to ONLY purchase items from companies owned by Thaksin. They were led to believe don't worry you wont have to pay the money back, DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

That's a pretty wild allegation that you are making. Your percieved fact or a general fiction?

You mean something like this? Buying in bulk then distributing it cheaper to the poor?

www.orientexpat.com...

But all these are moot, as it is not my concern. My concern are for human lives lost that you in your vitrolic rage against Thaksin had overcome any sense of compassion you have for your fellow humans, even if you are not a thai, and only replaced with lipped hypocrisy

[edit on 15-5-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

Look at yourself. When you have to resort to insults to prove your points, you are no better than some douchebag who lost and believe that blustering is the way to prove you are right.

I had already kindly given way to you, to allow your views unimpeded by me. No one is greater than the thread, not you nor me. Yet you continually insist that you are right, and am prepared to insult anyone else who challenge you.

It is only this reason that i had to do what I had done. Not to curtail your freedom for I would gladly defended it, but only to seek that you pause before you choke on your own rage.

Calm down. You may have no compassion, but I do.

You are seriously funny, if not deranged! What do you know of compassion or of my life, how many poor kids do you sponsor to go to school from a Thai orphanage? How much money do you give to Thai charities a year so that they can help the poor and unfortunate?

I have met many people like you over the years in Thailand, travellers who take up the case of the poor without actually doing anything to help them, unless its to your advantage because sex is cheap in Thailand isn't it? And there ends your contribution to the wealth distribution in Thailand! ouch the truth must hurt.

Calm down? Do you think I am angry about your ignorance? Not at all, my heart aches for the poor people of Thailand and the innocents caught in the firing line. The people who live and work in the areas the red shirts have taken hostage, for the soldier that was murdered at point blank range, for the poor people who came from Esarn at the promise of easy money but are now held hostage with their children as the red shirt guards have taken away their id's which they need to get home, for them I feel compassion!

You I just feel sorry for.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Hongkongphooey]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

reply to post by believer81

Yup. you certainly said it right. It never fails, simply because one is unconcious when incompetence occurs. Amusement often covers up such embarassment. Need me to wake you up?

I was referring to your warped views on red shirt protestors in Bangkok being innocent angels sent by the lord of all that is right and peaceful. I do believe you mixed up my thinking out loud with something else. I almost believe people like you feel marxism would suit Thailand better...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I am glad you admire my persistance. But spare me your hypocrisy of caring for the poor. You never did.

All you care about is the maintenance of your priviledge and wealth at the expense of the poor. GIve to poor? that's laughable. How much loose change do you spare?

The poor are not beggars nor need your charity for the wealth that could have been shared and not robbed. Are you some corporate stiff working in Thailand? It figures.

The poor need development and not your loose change! And least of all, bullets from your kind when they are only begging for better representation.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Glad you finally decided to talk straight and be straightforward. What Thailand needs can only be decided by the Thai people, and that includes the poor. This had been what the fight was all about. Now you comprende?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

If you had read my earlier post you would understand the context as to how the loans were given out by the Thaksin government on the condition that they use the money (government tax money) to ONLY purchase items from companies owned by Thaksin. They were led to believe don't worry you wont have to pay the money back, DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

That's a pretty wild allegation that you are making. Your percieved fact or a general fiction?

You mean something like this? Buying in bulk then distributing it cheaper to the poor?

www.orientexpat.com...

But all these are moot, as it is not my concern. My concern are for human lives lost that you in your vitrolic rage against Thaksin had overcome any sense of compassion you have for your fellow humans, even if you are not a thai, and only replaced with lipped hypocrisy

[edit on 15-5-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

Do you know how many of those cows were distributed to the poor? Announcing they were going to give them to the poor and actually doing it are two different things!

The poor people of Thailand don't need cows or chickens, they need education and taught that they should stop expecting the government to give them a living but go out and earn it!

Many farmers work hard, the women work hard, the daughters choose to sell their bodies than work in a field, it is their choice but the overall contribution to poverty in Thailand is the laziness, dunkeness and womenising of the men. That, my friend, are the facts! sad but true!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

What I feel is that the government is incompetent and red shirt protestors are typical of an extremely frustrated and jealous (of the rich) group.

My super simple prophecy: the problems will stop once the rich and poor stop hating each other again

I won't pretend to understand the complexities of politics pertaining to a country that is foreign to me and don't believe it is up to farang hippies to decide what is best.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I have met many people like you over the years in Thailand, travellers who take up the case of the poor without actually doing anything to help them, unless its to your advantage because sex is cheap in Thailand isn't it? And there ends your contribution to the wealth distribution in Thailand! ouch the truth must hurt.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Hongkongphooey]

You insinuations are useless against me, corporate stiff. I am only an insignificant nobody. What next? You want to try pedo? That's the way your kind will always resort to when met with challenge, isnt it?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

That's good though I never knew you were a hippie. Regardless of who you are, still you cannot cover your eyes to the murders happening on the streets of bangkok, bullets upon soft skinned flesh. You may not be a thai, but you are a fellow human, regardless if you some strung out hippie or working man. (Corporate stiffs exclulded - they arent humans by the look of it)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I am glad you admire my persistance. But spare me your hypocrisy of caring for the poor. You never did.

All you care about is the maintenance of your priviledge and wealth at the expense of the poor. GIve to poor? that's laughable. How much loose change do you spare?

The poor are not beggars nor need your charity for the wealth that could have been shared and not robbed. Are you some corporate stiff working in Thailand? It figures.

The poor need development and not your loose change! And least of all, bullets from your kind when they are only begging for better representation.

I don't admire anything about you! You know nothing about me or about my life. I came from a poor background in England and have worked to get all I have achieved, I have never forgotten the struggles in my life.

We were not talking about beggars who are pawns for mafia, even though I always give them when passing buy, I guess I am just a sucker for people in need. I was talking about helping real people in need, children without any families, helping them attain a full education, not throwing a few pennies around. Excuse me but that beats 1,000 Baht for a shag and a beer, but guess your the type who wont pay the bar fine, wait until closing time at 3 am to get a girl for 500 Baht, more your style and helps you spread the wealth as you'll have enough money to spread wealth the same way tomorrow eh? What a great life!

Corporate type in Bangkok, wrong again but then you have been about everything so far!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It is interesting to note that the "restive" south has a large muslim population and that non-muslims are routinely the victims of jihad violence. It is so bad that I hesitate to post pictures of the jihad violence taking place in the "restive" south. Buddhist monks, school girls, soldiers, police, and government workers are all targeted on a daily basis by the muslims engaged in jihad to spread Islam through all Thailand.

What many are ignoring is that this is primarily a muslim jihad against the non-muslims.

It is about time people recognize this conflict for what it really is. Jihad in Thailand. It has been going on here for centuries and no amount of appeasement has sated the muslim appetite for violent jihad.

If the Buddhists of Thailand do not stand up this Jihad they will lose their culture and their land.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

There you go again. Your hatred for Thaksin shows, and am willing even to twist facts to your warped beliefs.
As I had said before, its too late, thanks to your selfish kind, corporate stiffs, who had robbed and raped a nation blind by your greed.

Enjoy the peace as much as you can. The poor are not going to take it lying down. They had been murdered simly because your kind refused to share wealth but to exploit them to the max.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
From Bangkok Post
PM: Military operations to continue

* Published: 15/05/2010 at 09:10 PM
* Online news: Breakingnews

Military operations to seal off the red-shirt protest site are necessary to save losses and to restore peace.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva announced tonight that his government would press ahead with the use of military operations to put an end to the red-shirt protest at Ratchaprasong intersection as it is the only option to restore peace and normalcy to the country.

The prime minister pleaded with all members of the public to cooperate with the government in its efforts to end the red-shirt protest which has been going on for more than two months. He also asked for understanding from members of the public for the inconveniences caused to them as a result of the military operations to seal off the protest site in order to force the protesters to disperse.

In a national address which was broadcast live tonight at about 8.30 p.m., Prime Minister Abhisit said that he felt sorry for the violence yesterday and today which resulted to the loss of lives and injuries to several people.

But he insisted that the military operations to end the protest was meant for the benefit of the public and the country as a whole and that it was the only way which would keep losses at the minimum.

He said his government could not allow the country to be held hostage by a group of law breakers and also intimidated by an illegal armed group.

He defended that troops had not entered the protest site but merely sealed off the site to prevent new protesters from joining their fellows at Ratchaprasong and to prevent necessary supplies from getting to the protesters. However, the troops were attacked first by armed forces hiding in the midst of the protesters forcing troops to fight back in self-defence, he said.

“Ending the protest with the least losses is the only way to bring about peace and normalcy,” said the prime minister.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

If you have nothing better constructive to offer, except more insults, innuendos and your family history, corporate still, then it may be time to ignore you.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Lol. If I'm a hippy you just about sound like John Lennon reincarnated. Anyway, like I said, the government and army are just as bad as the red shirt leaders with regards to the current developments.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
If the Buddhists of Thailand do not stand up this Jihad they will lose their culture and their land.

Buddhist Jihad!!!!! You genius!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So the red shirts who are poor and disadvantage should just simply know their places and STFU when their betters are around, or killing them is a right?

good grief!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

The south of Thailand does not have a muslim majority, but there has been a lenghty conflict in the border area to Malaysia where the Muslim minority feel they are beeing treated bad.

This has resulted in some bombs and shootings, but has absolutely nothing to do with the ongoing conflict in Bkk.

I live in the south and have many neighbours who are muslim thais living side by side with buddhist thais.

I am surprised at what lenghts some people will go to spew their hatred against muslims

It's your muslim counterpart who is responsible for the bombings in Yala and other border towns, people who only knows hatred and fear for the unknown and never will be able to show understanding for what is different from themselves.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

What?
No seriously, what?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join