It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thailand slips into Chaos - Bangkok becomes a War Zone

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

I have edited my post.

Neverthelss, a 600-yearl long history of Jihad in Thailand is independent of my ability to re-call all the fact in the heat of the moment. Sorry.

Again, I do not hate muslims. I only point out that Thailand is the victim of Jihad. The only reason Thailand is still Buddhist unlike Malaysia and Indonesia is because of struggle waged by Thai kings centuries ago.

This is jihad, plain and simple.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

I have edited my post.

Nevertheless, a 600-year-long history of Jihad in Thailand is independent of my ability to re-call all the fact in the heat of the moment. Sorry.

Again, I do not hate muslims. I only point out that Thailand is the victim of Jihad. The only reason Thailand is still Buddhist unlike Malaysia and Indonesia is because of struggle waged by Thai kings centuries ago.

This is jihad, plain and simple.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymousproxy

I am afraid it is, but they made a mistake, the got greedy and the agenda that started with the collapse of the Markets in the US and spread thought EU and Asia was not fast enough, they greedy banskters wants the governments to bend to their demands, to give away their rights to govern themselves.

But now the populations are rioting and fighting back their corrupted governments, the should have waited when the nations where starving to offer the loans at the expenses of nations sovereignty.

The people are not hungry and starved enough.

Here in the US we are lucky that our corrupted government can print money at will, as long as the SS and welfare checks are in the mail people just doesn't give a crap of how bad is turning all over the world, and neither they care how the government in the US making the citizens bailout about anything at the expenses of their unborn generations

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by anonymousproxy

I am afraid it is, but they made a mistake, the got greedy and the agenda that started with the collapse of the Markets in the US and spread thought EU and Asia was not fast enough, they greedy banskters wants the governments to bend to their demands, to give away their rights to govern themselves.

But now the populations are rioting and fighting back their corrupted governments, the should have waited when the nations where starving to offer the loans at the expenses of nations sovereignty.

The people are not hungry and starved enough.

Here in the US we are lucky that our corrupted government can print money at will, as long as the SS and welfare checks are in the mail people just doesn't give a crap of how bad is turning all over the world, and neither they care how the government in the US making the citizens bailout about anything at the expenses of their unborn generations

Absolutely nothing to do with this situation. Why do you Americans keep insisting that every situation involves America and the NWO banksters, I know all about the NWO, Bildenburg Group, CFR, etc, but this is something totally unrelated, please people understand this.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
There should be a thread sticky on the differences between the red and yellow shirts. I still can't make heads or tails out of it.

The Thai future is best left up to the people, no foreign interference, IMO so I wish them all the best, they're some of the best peoples of the world, unlike some countries the world could do without, lol.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So Mr Seeker of made up stuff, the soft skinned darlings are now looting and robbing from the 7-11's and bussinesses around Rama IV since the powers been cut.
What are they now? Desperate poor people or opportunist thieves, stealing from their own people?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
An M79 grenade was fired at a police flat in Lumpini area at 5:35 pm Saturday, injuring three women and a police, MCOT reported.

The grenade laded on the fourth floor of the flat building.

The Nation

Mmmmm, what M79's? Seekeroflies101 says! Nice, 3 innocent women and an off duty policeman! What is your defence this time?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
11.30pm - Mortar shells land at Sala Daeng. Sounds of explosions are heard.

8.15pm - Assailants lobbed several M-79 grenades onto Lumpini police station, damaging trees and glass windows of the station. There is no injuries.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hongkongphooey has explained the situation very clearly.
It is difficult for someone to understand the situation here in Thailand if they have not spent time here. And evidently he has, I feel his summary is excellent.
It could be said the the REDS (rural uneducated poor class, numbering 20 odd million from the north east of Thailand's farming area), have been ignored, as other parts of the country prospered.
And Taksin Shinawatra, the deposed PM used his enormous wealth to buy there votes and support.
They are been used as pawns by the ex PM Taksin, and there is very little doubt about his human rights abuses and blatent greed and corruption.

Educated thais are victims of corruption too, as almost all politics here is totally corrupt.

People abroad watching this situation may likely see the REDS as oppressed and passionate, which some are. But people who do not follow the true workings of this complicated country are not likely to understand how the rural poor have been used and tricked.

Taksin, indeed a clever man, bought up many independent media networks. He installed a very modern telecommunications network. However once he purchased these he changed the nearest thing Thais had to a free press with reality television and game shows.

The rural poor had little access to free media in the north east and therefore have not had the chance to observe a balanced view of his blatent corruption.

They have also grown up in such circumstances that they are prepared to accept that he is a wealthy business magnate, and they chose to ignore his crimes.

They believe if he is the next president here they will be rewarded for their loyality.

He has little credibility and as mentioned, he actually has been responsible for thousands of extra judiciary killings, and as the PM acted with immunity, having business rivals killed.

Most thais are against the actions of the REDS, and actually the security forces this time around have been very understanding. They are fighting REDS who have fired rockets into public places, killed many innocent people and whose leaders have clearly stated that they will bomb and kill more people.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
And so the demonization of poor men driven to desperation begins....

They are thieves and beggars, deserve to die, are terrorists. Kill them all, hell to constitutions if there were any. Anything, so long as the rich, priviledged and the foreign corporate stiffs are protected and money continues to come in...

www.channelnewsasia.com...

What have we done, fellow humans, that we have come to this stage?? I hate to say it...but do we...deserve a second chance.... or should we just face extinction as a race?

[edit on 15-5-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That's crazy. Thank God we aren't in that kind of crap.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Red shirt unarmed peaceful protester firing a sawn off M79 grenade launcher:

www.youtube.com...

We have seen video's of red shirts firing guns, M79's, rockets, etc., but CNN cannot see anything, so different to what the local news networks are picking up that never get reported on International News Networks.

This could all stop if the red shirts just go home, they had their chance of a new election but to go home would hurt their paychecks, so they stay and fight.

They accepted the roadmap set out by the prime minister then renegged and set new conditions.

If the Prime Minister was the monster that seekeroflies101 would have us believe, then 100's if not 1,000's would already be in the morgue and it would all be over! Not what anyone wants to see!

It can all end very quickly without anymore bloodshed, all that is needed is for Thaksin to call his red shirt leaders and tell them to go home! No more fighting and then negotiations may begin with elected representatives not thugs.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Hongkongphooey]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

That's a pretty wild allegation that you are making. Your percieved fact or a general fiction?

You mean something like this? Buying in bulk then distributing it cheaper to the poor?

www.orientexpat.com...

Great link.

Scroll down the page, and you'll see how the entire project COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY FAILED TO HELP ANYONE because it was LOANING COWS instead of giving them away and CHARGING FARMERS MONEY TO BORROW THE COWS.

Quote FROM YOUR SOURCE

Farmer Suree Kenanant, 43, of Khon Kaen's Mancha Khiri district, who received a pair of cows from the scheme in February, estimated that after the cows were given back to the SPV and the original cost of the cow is subtracted, she would make about Bt10,000 profit per cow.

But that Bt10,000 would be reduced by the SPV administration fees, she said, leaving about Bt7,000 to Bt7,500 - which works out to a paltry Bt416 a month - for the farmers who spend 18 months raising the cows. Taking into consideration expenses on animal feed over the period, the farmer could even come out worse off, she reckoned.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
@ Hongkongphooey & who-me? .. Thank you both for explaining better what I attempted attempted to explain .. my last visit was short and most of it was spent on temple grounds in meditation and speaking with friends who are monks there. I hope that peace is restored there soon .. any loss of life is tragic all life is valuable .. to the misguided westerners - not everything in the world revolves around your countries. Clean up your own messes at home and leave the rest of the world alone.. we do just fine without western interference / ignorance and neither want or need your narrow views imposed.. Lastly some posters here need serious psych treatment for paranoid delusions.. please go get help and take your meds .

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Do you understand economics?

1. The poor rural farmers would not have been able to buy cows in the first place, after being robbed by the foreign and local Corporate stiffs, who had screwed their own countries, and now believe in screwing 3rd world natins further, and given only pittance for their labour and produce.

2. Those cows are not white elephants that does nothing on the farms. They provide labour, milk and calves for the farmer during the duration of the loan, which would have greatly offset whatever feeding costs they have.

Did you ignore this fact, like some nuts here who cannot see beyond the delusions and hypocrisy they build up to justify their support of murdering innocent people?

Like any schemes, it only needs to be fine tuned. But at least there are attempts to alleviate the sufferings of the poor, when there were none before.

But all these, as I said before, is moot. Innocent blood had been shed. This is another fact. What will become of Thailand now? Those deluded can continue with their robbery, delusions and ignorance.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey

This is not a battle between rich and poor as portrayed by the western media, which is an easy explanation but far from the truth. This is about MONEY, GREED and EDUCATION!

The educated people whether they are rich, middle class or poor are undoubtedly behind the Abhisit Democrat led Alliance which governs the country.

The battle has been caused by the greed and corruption ofd one man Thaksin Shinawatra! In all the years I have spent in Thailand, I have NEVER seen the Thai people divided the way they are today all caused by promises to the poor of the North and North East regions of get rich quick schemes, if they support Thaksins protests to bring down the government.

The protestors are lured by the promise of money, d
What did Thaksin do whilst in power to win the love of the people of Esarn (the poorest and most uneducated region in the North East) and the North? Well first he is from the Northern Capital of Chiang Mai and that wins him support of that region
Whilst in power, he chose to reward those regions that supported him in elections by giving them access to government loans and larger budgets, whereas the places where they did not support Thaksin were punished.

The government loans that were given out to the poor were done on several conditions which included the money could be spent only on buying goods from government recommended vendors which were all owned of course by Thaksin with whispers to the poor 'don't worry this is a government loan, you won't have to pay the money back'
The poor then went ahead borrowing large sums to buy cars, motorbikes, TV's, mobile phones etc., without any thought of who was going to pay (the tax payers). As Thaksin owned all the government recommended resellers guess who finanicially benefitted?

Thaksin had become Thailand's richest man on the back of much corruption and government favours, he was a corrupt policeman that went into business gaining government contracts through favour and was even involved in the devaluation of the currency in the 90's when he, Chavalit Yongchaiyut and Banharn Silapan-Archa (both former PM's) engineered the devaluation, sent all their own assetts overseas, then devalued the Baht by more than 100% and then brought their money back home having doubled their assetts overnight.

Even before he was kicked out of government by the military coup, he had sold his telecom company at vast profit and changed the law so that he did not have to pay approximately $1 billion in taxes, which is why the Thai courts froze his Thai banks accounts.

[edit on

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Hongkongphooey]

Wow!! Sounds eerily familiar to what is transpiring here in the U.S.. I hope you, your friends and family stay safe.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Do you understand economics?

Very well, thank you.

Do you know how to read? Because the points you're making are refuted in the article you posted.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Pictures as they say are worth 1000 words.

Here are some pictures.

www.ridingouttheeconomy.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
damn, chaos all over the world. The world is falling apart!

So how long till the reveloution of the US citizens?

wait....

cable and fast food got us fat and lazy so that we can't do what they did.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
AMERICANS: WATCH CAREFULLY

This is why you NEVER ... EVER ... EVER under NO circumstances relinquish your right to own fire arms!!!!!!!!

Thailand is the most successful Asian Democracy. They are firing live rounds at unarmed civilians, who are throwing rocks and petrol bombs back at them!

Watch as the Greeks and the Romanians, and soon the Spanish and the Portuguese, the Irish and the many other Europeans begin rioting and storming government buildings, to be put down like dogs and beaten into submission.

Never give up your God given right to self protection - from enemies foreign and domestic.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join