It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thailand slips into Chaos - Bangkok becomes a War Zone

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I thought I read in the paper. the guy who was leadng the red shirts, thaksin was killed in public yesterday

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AaronTheSpeaker

You are thinking of Sah Daeng or Khattiya Sawasdiphol as his real name is.

Thaksin is living the high life in Montenegro, while the pawns in his sick game are risking their lives in Bkk.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
It never ceazes to amaze me how fast the NWO bootlickers would put a major spin on the situation and blame it on figures far away. Why not put the blame to the Loch ness monsters? How about UFOs?

A major horror had occured in the streets of Bangkok. Hundreds over UNARMED men, women and children were shot by a well equipped army as well as snipers on rooftops. They were only poor and impoverish citizen civilians begging for crumbs - better representation in a supposed democracy.

And what did they govt and their rich priviledged as well as corporate stiff bootlickers did? " They are Terrorists! Kill them all!"

While the streets run rivers of red human blood, the NWO puppets averted all eyes and claimed beings far away created this 'game'.

To the NWO and the priviledged rich, it seems being poor is a crime, and voicing out for help makes one a terrorist. And it is only for such crimes were the poor murdered. When will it be our turn next?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

You are so far of track there is no way back and you are just repeating yourself.
You wouldn't know the NWO if it knocked on your door and introduced itself.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jane_Rogers

This country is going through its FIRST birthing pains into democracy. The chaos is isolated to certain areas of bangkok, the Reds were not the cause of the casualties, its the stubborn existing government who are not compromising on their dictatorship. The thai people only want better healthcare, education and living standards and they deserve it.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by rajaten]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I live in Thailand and read on a local forum that Thaksin has upped the salary of the Red leader to 5million Thai Baht per day.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

agree, and i have seen him personally with his family here in dubai, enjoying tea and coffee in one of the shopping mall

and mind you, i saw him , his wife and his 2 kids here after he publicly announce that he is divorcing his wife in thailand.

your guess is as good as my guess as to why he want to divorce his wife and yet they still live happily ever after in a different country.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think it was to protect the profits from his dodgy dealings.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Go on, continue to tar Thaksin, chase after ghosts, while the greatest and most brutual massacre of a civilian population - poor hungry innocent men, women and children cut down - are happening right in front of everyone's eye and the manslaughtering absh*t govt goes scot free unscathed, unreported, uncommentated, whitewashed with hypocritical crocodile tears, and ignored.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Seeker are you in Thailand?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The greatest and most brutal massacre eh......

Somebody seem to need a history lesson.....

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

BTS announced on its website on Sunday that both the Silom and Sukhumvit Skytrain lines will remain closed on Monday over fears for passenger safety.

BTS said it will announce if it will resume services on Tuesday.
The MRT will also suspend underground services on Monday for safety reasons.

T

he Centre for Resolution of Emergency Situation announced on the TV pool that the government has authorised May 17 and 18 to be official holidays in Bangkok.

CRES spokeman Col Sansern Kaewkamnerd said that the holiday annoucement is to to facilitate the government's attempt to deal with the current situation.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Only rumor no supporting info but in my view believable...

One story the media (curiously) doesnt seem to be telling amid the blood, bullets & mayhem is the ongoing financing of the movement.

To summarise, from what I understand, there are key levels of pay.Bear in mind there are many 'exceptions to the rule'.These are as follows:

The blackshirts are prob. on a basic plus 'performance related pay' for successful hits.

a 'separate group' of blackshirts which, as we know, is 'nothing to do with the redshirts'

Levels below are indicative only, and some guards, protesters are there & not being paid (ie they believe in cause or were not offered pay)

Lowest are your rank-and-file protesters, some of whom are paid Bht 500/day.

'Red Guards' these guys actually PAID for their ID cards, but in return get guaranteed payouts, care in case of death & injury. Redshirt guards can expect to earn Bht 1k-2k per day

Leaders paid Bht 5M/day effective Sat last. 'Gen 2' leaders (eg Kwanchai), paid Bht 2.5M/day.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Only rumor no supporting info but in my view believable...

One story the media (curiously) doesnt seem to be telling amid the blood, bullets & mayhem is the ongoing financing of the manslaughtering to get its soldiers to murder their own fellow citizens.

To summarise, from what I understand, there are key levels of pay.Bear in mind there are many ' no exceptions to the rule'.These are as follows:

----------------------------------------------------------------

For every unarmed civilian murdered, each soldier will get from the rich Bangkok elites and the barbaric Absh*t Govt:-

1.) Man:- a.)BT 50,000
b.)Immunity from prosecution
c.)Promotion to next higher rank

2.) Woman:- a.)BT 80,000
c.)Promotion to next 2higher rank

3.) Child:- a.)BT 100,000
c.)Promotion to next 3 higher rank

4.) Leader:- a.)BT 500,000
c.)Promotion to Officer
d.)Staff car

----------------------------------------------

PS: This is only a rumour, started by me and solely by me and IS NOT TRUE!!!

This is only an EXAMPLE to show that if someone wants to play the rumour game, I too can play as well. What happened and who is to be blame in the past is moot now.

But WHAT IS TRUE is that innocent unarmed thai citizens had been wounded and murdered by the barbaric govt forces for simply begging for crumbs.

My hope is that ALL Thai citizens take some time out and do some soul searching. Is mass slaughtering of fellow citizens condone and the only solution???!!!! For heaven's sake, the poor are unarmed humans and NOT bomb strapped terrorists hiding in the shadows to strike terror!

But after such bloody murders of innocent men, women and children, does anyone think the poor will not become the real terrorists seeking blood vengence for their fallen family members whom were foolish enough to seek for peaceful means but only to be met with bullets, that the Bangkok elites are now derisively labelling them as??

When will the bloody killing of each other cease, for heaven's sake??!!!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Seekerofcrap101, your an imbocele. You ought to be banned from this site. Countless times you have been shown to be wrong or evidence has been posted to the contarary to what you have said. Yet you either smear or completely ignore and choose to spew your own BS view point in an attempt to stuff it down the throats of others.
Its enough. Stop please. You come across as one of Thaksins paid pawns.

Look at the big picture, stop being so one sided and blinkered. I agree that the Thai government is less than perfect but the insinuations you have made are beyond belief,. You still keep claiming the red shirt protesters are un-armed, # man, that's just a complete lie and denial of whats plainly obvious. Even the reds themselves have admitted to having weapons and threatened to use them FFS. Yet you still claim otherwise. Based on what? Turn on the damned tv, watch some Youtube or look at the live tv channels available from Thailand.

Listen, I live here, have family friends a wife and children here, you are wrong in your whole perception of whats going on here. Take it from someone who is here on the ground and seeing whats happening and hearing whats happening first hand.

[edit on 16/5/2010 by who-me?]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

What?!? I mean what?!?!?!?!?

You are so far away from the truth, I do not know what reason you have for posting these lies, but I do know you lie.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by who-me?

1. You label me an imbocle(sic), spew BS, proven(?) wrong in my assesment, a paid pawn, made insinuations, deny the truth, etc, etc, and after this personal attack, you demand that I be banned?

Whoa, I am aware that the absh*t govt are authoritative totalitarians, but now I know from which source they sprang into power from.

2. Your claim that the criminal govt are' less than perfect' surely is the understatement of the year. How about
'barbaric' to be politically correct as a kind label?

3. So, being on the ground, you had became the sole authority and arbiter of truth here? All various different sources reports that counter DIRECTLY against your claims are made up and pure hogwash? Even if I lied, surely others cant be lying, can they? Talk about being deluded.

You and your kind are truly a waste of my time and effort. You are not my concern and never is so long as you refuse to pull down your blinkers, look around and do some soul searching on what is happening right on your blood filled streets.

Enjoy your delusions while people are dying at your location. You have that selfish right. Ciao!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by who-me?

1. You label me an imbocle(sic), spew BS, proven(?) wrong in my assesment, a paid pawn, made insinuations, deny the truth, etc, etc, and after this personal attack, you demand that I be banned?

Whoa, I am aware that the absh*t govt are authoritative totalitarians, but now I know from which source they sprang into power from.

2. Your claim that the criminal govt are' less than perfect' surely is the understatement of the year. How about
'barbaric' to be politically correct as a kind label?

3. So, being on the ground, you had became the sole authority and arbiter of truth here? All various different sources reports that counter DIRECTLY against your claims are made up and pure hogwash? Even if I lied, surely others cant be lying, can they? Talk about being deluded.

You and your kind are truly a waste of my time and effort. You are not my concern and never is so long as you refuse to pull down your blinkers, look around and do some soul searching on what is happening right on your blood filled streets.

Enjoy your delusions while people are dying at your location. You have that selfish right. Ciao! [/quote

You are an imbocile, as you refuse to see no other truth but your own. Your attacks on people relaying the truth of the situation are childish at best and insulting at worst.

Your insistance that the protesters are all innocent victims is complete and utter nonsense, as they are armed with a variety of weapons and ready to fight. However, there are innocent victims that have been used as pawns by the UDD red leadership and especially Thaksin, who are waiting to be paid and want their I.D. cards back so they can go home and get out of the firing zone. Unfortunately, the red guards are refusing to return their I.D.'s and tell them they must wait to get paid.

Thaksin in one of his speeches implored all his supporters to come out and demonstrate and bring your children, what kind of man encourages people to put their children in harms way? The next day, thaksin's own children left the country, just like they did last Sonkran when he inspired rioting and then went begging on CNN for international intervention.

The government is providing buses take protesters home, if they choose to leave the protest site, many have been leaving.

You sound like a communist with your propoganda, unfortunately their are poor people all over the world and much poorer than Thailand. However, education is an important requisite to end poverty as continuous handouts do not work. In Thailand no one goes hungry and education has been made mandatory until 16 years of age by the present government. the 50 baht health care scheme and other policies introduced by Thaksin have not been recinded and are still available, so really life has improved tremendously over the past several years for the poor, so why are they protesting? Because they are being paid to!

The poor have the greatest representation in parliment as they elected the most MP's that many of them have chosen to abandon them and align themselves with the opposition to form a coalition government is something that they should take up with their representatives, not riot and make life intolerable for the people of Bangkok!

You keep stating that all these people are asking for are CRUMBS! But they change their demands on a daily basis and behave like they are the government? Stating that the PM and Deputy PM have to be arrested before their own terrorist leaders hand themselves in is just absolute nonsense! The government in any nation has a duty to protect the general public from violent protesters and terrorists, especially if they hold a major area and its residents hostage.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Hongkongphooey]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

All various different sources reports that counter DIRECTLY against your claims are made up and pure hogwash? Even if I lied, surely others cant be lying, can they? Talk about being deluded.

Care to direct us to some of these mysterious sources?

Everything I've seen, from the MSM to the independent media, backs what the Thai-based posters on here have said.

If you've got sources to back your claims, post them.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The luxury Dusit Thani Hotel near the red shirts' line came under gunfire early Monday and a loud blast was heard, prompting guests to shelter in the basement, according to an AFP journalist inside.

"I was in bed. There was a big explosion very close to my room. I went out of the room, other people did too and at that moment the wall outside was hit by bullets," said AFP photographer Pedro Ugarte.

"We received a few phone calls (from hotel staff) and they said, 'Come down you are under attack'. Everybody is now in the basement, about 100 people," he said by telephone from the Dusit Thani hotel where the incident occurred.

Other reports says the roof of the hotel is burning. The Red claims the sniper that shot Seh Daeng used the hotel for the attack, and threatened to burn it down.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join