It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow similar to before China and Chile quake seen over Los Angeles

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Well slap my *ss and call me Sally Fleabit is in on it as well!!

This is turning out to be a freaking reunion. How are you doing?

But i have to disagree with you there..

Since there is absolutely nothing linking rainbows in the clouds and earthquakes

It must be nice to have these kinds of certainties? Are you sure you have read all the science associated with this phenomenon? I know there has been a show of it on Discovery channel if this better fits your window of reference?

Peace

[edit on 14-5-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
There is one bright side to all of this: When a couple days have passed and no earthquake has occurred, I can think of 5 people off the top of my head that will have all their credibility shattered. The less hoaxers spreading fear out there, the better.

Amen to that. I don't know who spreads more fear: ATS or Glenn Beck

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You know I saw a relatively formless rainbow in the sky on the way to work yesterday. More than 24 hours later nothing's happened. Earthquakes are common in Alaska and there really hasn't even been very many mild ones produced either since it.

This thread caught my eye at first because of the similarities, but right off the bat I dismissed it, and so far that seemed to be the right course of action.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Your "God" truly hates you...

it's probably nothing.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I see those kind of clouds over Arizona all the time. They are similar to sun dogs. Common stuff. Do not fear. To my eyes, they are nothing like the China pictures.

[edit on 5-14-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Dont come and live in Swansea then.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
To my eyes, they are nothing like the China pictures.

[edit on 5-14-2010 by groingrinder]

Perhaps you should get your eyes checked.
Seriously - it doesn't look like the same phenomenon to you?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Let's hope that it is nothing. Is it just me or have there been more and more disasters happening lately?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Quakeprediction.com ...what a load of BS that is.
Just look at their Twitter: twitter.com...

"Dangerously high earthquake risk returns to Southern California April 26-29" - Posted April 26
"EARTHQUAKE WARNING; 5.2 to 7.1 earthquake is likely in Southern California May 3-15. More likely to hit May 4-6. Most likely to hit May 5" - Posted April 30
"EARTHQUAKE WARNING 6.3 to 7.3 (6.8) earthquake is likely in Southern California May 4-15 More likely to hit May 4-6." - Posted May 4
"36 HR WARNING; 6.3 to 7.3 earthquake likely in Southern California. May 5-15 Most likely May 5-6." - Posted May 5
"12 HR WARNING; 6.3 to 7.3 earthquake likely in Southern California. May 6-15 Most likely May 6." - Posted May 6
"6.3 to 7.3 earthquake likely in Southern California. May 7-15 Most likely May 7." - Posted May 7
"7.2 to 8.2 (7.7) earthquake is possible in Southern California May 9-15" - Posted May 9
"7.2 to 8.2 (7.7) earthquake is possible in Southern California May 10-15. Most likely to hit May 14-15 " - Posted May 10
"EARTHQUAKE WARNING; 7.2 to 8.2 (7.7) earthquake is possible in Southern California May 11-15. More likely to hit May 12 or May 14-16" - Posted May 11
"EARTHQUAKE WARNING; 7.2 to 8.2 (7.7) earthquake is possible in Southern California May 12-16. More likely to hit May 12 or May 14-16"
- Posted May 12

Just keep moving the dates, the sheep will keep coming.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Came home on lunch to see where this thread is heading. I find it interesting that some people say there is no connection between "rainbow" clouds and earthquakes when a little earlier in this thread there was a dirrect link to the USGS and thier take on earthquake lights. Although it is a recently noticed phenominon, there does seem to be a connection between some rainbow/light clouds and earthquakes.

Whether or not this cloud reported over LA is the same, I dunno, but I would think anyone who lives in Cali would take notice just in case? After all, its not if but when.

It never hurts to be prepared and to keep an eye to the sky and ear to the ground.

I wonder what the time scale is between seeing earthquake lights and actually having a quake?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by loisthegriffin
reply to post by OldDragger

Dont come and live in Swansea then.

A few weeks of sunshine and then wall to wall "WET STUFF".

Seems the whole solar system's on the fritz. Look at Iceland, yet more volcanoes now becoming active news.bbc.co.uk... we live in interesting times........The photo does look worrying. Lets hope it comes down to coincidence.
I reported on a dream thread recently on a disaster of some sorts which I narrowed down to LA, I put it down to the recent tremor in mexico/LA but seemed limp in comparison to my dream. I hope the dream did refer to the previous quakes and not a sign of things to come.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Yeah, after me complaining elsewhere about initiators appearing in nearly every thread and then you calling me one, saying I'm doing it for "flags", and threatening to mark my post saying that it's somehow against the rules of ATS, I really could not care less about your opinion. Anybody who was reading my posts could see that I was not accusing OP of anything but was pointing out all the people in this thread who brought up all the "May 12th-16th North Mexico/South CA" predictions and how those are complete rubbish.

As far as the OP goes, he was not claiming anything and just pointing out a coincidence, but considering the fact that most earthquakes with earthquake clouds have happened within an hour or two of the appearance of the earthquake clouds, I think it's safe to say that these clouds were not indicative of a near-future disaster.

[edit on 5/14/2010 by SonicInfinity]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't know how people have missed this, if it's been posted I apologize but I did check to see if it had been posted. Lights over Los Angeles
These lights were seen over Los Angeles back on June 28, 2008. I know they're not similar to the rainbow lights but an earthquake did follow almost exactly a month later on July 29, 2008. en.wikipedia.org...
5.5 is nothing compared to the big one we're supposed to get. Whether the two are connected in any way is anyone's guess. There's nothing wrong with keeping your eyes open though.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Folks look at this thread this member predicted an earthqueake back on april
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Text Black
The end is nigh, and someone's lettin us know that now is the time.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumshoe
Hey guys,
I am currently on the 9th floor of the Compton court house for jury duty. Ill let you know if I feel anything. During the lunch break I didnt see anything unusual in the sky though (chemtrails don't count- they are the usual).

Hey, today I was on the second floor of the Criminal Courts Building in downtown Los Angeles - didn't feel anything, but yeh, those chemtrails were out in force. It had been nice and clear with blue skies for a while but the last two to three days, they've been bad.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Only on this website would someone be scared of a rainbow, granted it does have it's share of level headed people, but come on, you claim to see pattern emerging related rainbows and earthquakes? This kind of thinking is why people used to believe that rain created worms.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Just thought I would add a little more info to this. I recently did some searching on this topic and found that it is said if the rainbor colors are inverted, than it is suposed to precede a quake. SO..that means that the red would be on top, and the blue towards the ground.

Hmmmm.....

just to let you know rainbows always start
red and yellow and pink and blue (like the song)
If there is two rainbows one over the other the colours are reversed
on the top rainbow.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by trueblue]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join