It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow similar to before China and Chile quake seen over Los Angeles

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Replicator EYD

Rainbows. You never know.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crossfate
You know I wonder if this has anything to do with HAARP and the cloud is a potential side effect. You never really know the technology they have with scalar weaponry and electromagnetics and what they haven't been telling us.
According to something I read, if enough energy were directly beamed to a isolated area for a consistent amount of time, tectonic plates would build tension until they release or are allowed to release, creating an earthquake.
I think it was tom bearden's book but I'm not entirely sure...
But then again I could just be getting creative.

Yeah, I read all that stuff too. Especially it came out after the 17 January 1995 Kobe Quake in Japan, which personally affected me. My close friends died in it. So I was really pissed off to read that it might have been caused by an United States of America secret weapon. Thomas Bearden explains it all so much better than I can. His theory might explain it, but after all this time, my emotions having cooled down, I am thinking it probably was just a natural event. Triggering quakes using HAARP or holographic radar ... etc ... might be a possibility but I think the Kobe quake of 1995 was natural. There was also the theory which I was working on. Based on the communications I recieved from my friends, who worked at the "Kawasaki Motor Works" in Kobe [epicentre of the quake] the Kawasaki Corporation were working with a process called "cold moulding" in which high frequency electrical signal is channelled through the metal to be moulded. This electrical stimulation causes the metal to become soft like putty. Once shapened the electric modulation is removed and the metal immediately hardens. Retaining the shape into which it was moulded. This same process more finely tuned can cause "negation of mass" where in the metal is weightless. It simply flies up to the roof. When this first occured at the factory it was immediately realised that this could be used to build UFO type crafts. According to my now dead contacts [friends] the Kawasaki Corporation immediately, and without anyone above them knowing, set forth into building a "levitation craft". This was done secretly. I was informed only because my contacts [friends] could not resist the urge to tell me about it. She [now dead] was told by her friend [even more dead] who was involved as an operator of the "cold moulding" process. She being my friend she thus wrote to me about it in cryptic form. Apparently, I think that the 17 January 1995 Kobe Quake might have been as a result of these secret experiments being under taken at the Kawasaki Motor Plant. Which just so happens to have been directly at the epicentre of the quake. Coincidence ? In the west this "cold moulding" technology is similar to the "Hutchinson Effect". But what Mr Hutchinson [canadian] is doing is actually relatively nothing by comparison to what the Japanese are doing already even back in 1995 and before. Is it possible that Thomas Bearden is part of a Kawasaki Corporation inspired mis-information campaign [how much did they pay him] to draw attention away from what was the real cause of the Kobe quake ? You can enquire and you will discover that according to the original pre 1995 geological survey there is no fault line under Kobe. A mystery still to be explained. The Kawasaki Motor Plant was simply flattened like as a bomb had hit it. Or did it by "negation of mass" simply fly up into outerspace ? Producing an earthquake as it all took off ? Perhaps my contact [friend] accidentally pressed the wrong buttons on the "cold moulding" system ? Thus triggering destructive modulations in the surrounding magnetic environment ? I am sure that Thomas Bearden can explain it all so much better than I can.

[edit on 14/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My friend posted this to her facebook account yesterday (5/13). It's a picture of a strange rainbow in a cloud, at around noon, Pacific time. Didn't think anything other than "cool" until I came upon this thread. Hope nothing happens, I a lot of family and friends in the LA area.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by blowuptheoutsideworld]

[edit on 14-5-2010 by blowuptheoutsideworld]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This can't be...it isn't 2012 let alone Decemeber yet. in 1989 how come there were no incandescent clouds over san fran.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Why are you guys scaring me?! I live near L.A. :[ I got chills when I read the thread title.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My two cents, for whatever it is worth, regarding the prediction for a big quake in the Cali / Mexico area.....

How many times have we heard predictions for disasters, and how many times have the predictions actually come true?

Stop, take a deep breath, and think about it. Some people thrive on creating uncertainty and fear, plain and simple.

Edit to fix location

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Brandyfro]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hey guys me and my girl are sitting on a balcony in Helsinki and we are looking at one right now. It's beautiful, I have tried to take a picture with my iPhone but unfortunatley it has not come out. Don't be worried just enjoy he show!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

All i could pull up was an eye-witness account of the 1987 LA M6.1 quake..

I did see what I called "sun dogs" on the day of the 6.0 in LA in October 1987. I was having morning sickness at the time and the entire old apartment building was doing some funky things. I don't like the earthquakes that roll--I prefer the back and forth shaking ones. This was a roller and the cabinets pitched forward, dishes broke in the dishwasher and my head was in the toilet. I raced outside right away to check on the elderly folks downstairs and then went to check the gas lines. I remember two things: 1. The dogs barking and howling beforehand and after. 2. The sun dogs in the sky. We usually had marine layer in the morning but there were some rainbow colors showing up in it and I figured it was the marine layer burning off (rather early--it was like 7 am and it didn't usually burn off until noon when we got a 2-hour glimpse of sky each day). I thought it was a sign, but I had never heard of earthquake lights and I had been through a lot of them, but never this big.

blog

Peace

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I saw rainbow clouds about a week ago in Connecticut, but so far, no catastrophe.

If there were any earthquakes, they were extremely minor, and I didn't feel them or hear about them (so there probably weren't any, but I'm no seismologist).

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
People, you really need to do a research on REAL earthquake clouds. The colours are nothing but iridescence caused by sunlight being refracted by ice crystals and wate droplets in clouds.

The colour has no bearing at all

"Earthquake clouds" are just as supported or accepted in the scientific community as "earthquake lights".

Both get very little.

I don't doubt that this could simply be a rainbow or iridescent cloud but to be fair, the phenomenon has been acknowledged by the the U.S. Geological Survey. This was on their FAQ recently but I can't seem to locate it there. I am not sure if they took it down temporarily or not but the statement is referenced still in Wiki and other sites.

Q: What are earthquake lights? Are they real?

A: Observations of earthquake lights (EQL), mostly white to bluish flashes or glows lasting several seconds associated with moderate to large earthquakes, have been reported infrequently by observers since ancient times. It wasn't until the phenomenon was captured in photographs, taken during the Matsushiro earthquake swarm in Japan between 1965 and 1967, that the seismological community acknowledged their occurrence. A satisfactory theory to explain EQL, however, has been elusive and is still not agreed upon. Proposed mechanisms include piezoelectricity, frictional heating, exoelectron emissions, sonoluminescence, phosphine gas emissions, and fluid injection (electrokinetics), but the most recent theory suggests that EQL are caused by separation of positive hole charge carriers that turn rocks momentarily into p-type semiconductors (first and second references below). USGS FAQ

There have been some theories batted about in that community but ultimately there may actually be a undiscovered connection between the lights and earthquakes, and that would be scientific not supernatural.

Earthquake lights

These are mostly white or bluish flashes that precede large earthquakes and last for several seconds. They have been reported infrequently for hundreds of years, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. It wasn't until the 1960s, when people took pictures of this phenomenon during the Matsushiro earthquakes, that the scientific community started to take it seriously. Since then, scientists have created many theories for the origin of the lights, involving everything from piezoelectricity and frictional heating to phosphine gas emissions and electrokinetics. But most recently scientists suggested that the lights are caused by pre-earthquake elements that awaken the natural electrical charge of rocks, causing them to sparkle and glow.
mmn.com

Theories

One explanation involves intense electric fields created piezoelectrically by tectonic movements of rocks containing quartz[6].

Another possible explanation is local disruption of the Earth's magnetic field and/or ionosphere in the region of tectonic stress, resulting in the observed glow effects either from ionospheric radiative recombination at lower altitudes and greater atmospheric pressure or as aurora. However, the effect is clearly not pronounced or notably observed at all earthquake events and is yet to be directly experimentally verified.[7]

There is also debate in the scientific community regarding radon as a possible precursor to some earthquakes [8], so another theory is that glowing clouds might be light emission produced by ionization or plasma-chemical reactions. Wiki

- Lee

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This phenomenon has been studied and confirmed to have a small amount of accuracy. I believe the phenomenon occurs due to ground water leaking into cracks formed in the rocks as the fault gives way, heating up and evaporating into the atmosphere above the fault line. Anyway, we'll see what happens. I'm glad I got a full tank of gas today. I just don't want to be separated from my family

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

This would mean that not all rainbow clouds are followed by a quake but large quakes would usually be preceded by rainbow clouds.

In fact it could be there are different geological conditions that would emanate the waves that cause the rainbow clouds that aren't necesarily predicated on earthquake activity.

Too many variables to know what is really going on.

All you can successfully know is correlation. Since the other recent big earthquakes were preceded by rainbow clouds, if you see rainbow clouds it's something to consider due to the previous correlations.

Jaden

I came in here to say exactly what you just said. Yes, water vapor in the atmosphere can cause rainbow patters in clouds and sometimes in what appears to be clear blue sky. Nobody is saying that a rainbow in the sky means an earthquake.

The fact that many LARGE quakes have been preceded by rainbow patterns in the sky lends some evidence toward a correlation. If you see a rainbow pattern like these over an area prone to or due for a large earthquake then it is noteworthy.

I think the timeframe is usually rather quick, like within hours of the quake. This happened yesterday, so I would say LA is out of the woods unless more lights / rainbow patterns show up.

And as others have pointed out, this is a very new concept which we are still learning about. The "how/why" is not defined as of yet so we can only be diligent and try to give reports like this the level of attention they are due. It is a scientific curiosity and a friendly reminder to SoCal residents to check their water/food/medical kits, nothing more.

Edit to fix speeeling.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by nydsdan]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
this is very weird. i have been reading about a possible quake around that area and now i sign online i see this... lets hope that if it does happen. that FEMA wont screw things up again

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Phage! You beat me to it! I was just going to post "conspiracy fail." must be the metalisized salts. Seriously people, go visit a waterfall, or even go outside. Cirrus clouds too? These are not signs.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
OK, HAARPy's
Let me really scare you.

Let me start by explaining that when I attended College in the early 1970's, I started out as a Geology major which later changed. Between that and a lifetime hobby of prospecting and collecting rare mineral and crystal specimens, I know just enough to be stupid.

Since I went to school in the L.A. area the semester course in Seismology I took centered on that area.

The BIG ONE is not a myth, nor is it a prediction. It is imminent and has been for a few decades. In Geological time, a century is not even a second. In this case a lot is known about the history of quakes which is repetitive and predictable.

Add to the above that areas of the faults are out in the open where measurements can be taken and any Geologists in the area will tell you an earthquake beyond anything seen there in recent history is due any second. Literally. It will happen and every day that goes by now that it does not happen is another day past the time it should have already happened.

The Geology Professor I had fought constantly to keep the people in that area informed so they could make good construction choices realizing the coming quake is a fact. But people being as they are, blocked it out and even the news sources there would not carry any information. They were afraid of the financial implications mostly. If you tell people there is a virtual 100% chance that a historically huge, destructive quake will occur under their feet in their lifetime, you can imagine the consequences.

We are not talking about a quake like L.A. has already seen in recent decades. We are talking something exponentially larger. One perhaps way beyond the abilities of buildings to withstand.

So what do you do? Run? Panic? Abandon the whole area? Of course not. There is no place on this planet where the residents are not at risk from something. You build the structures best you can with the earthquakes in mind. You make sure you know what to do before, during and after an earthquake. You teach your children what to do and then you live your life.

I'm sitting here typing this just a few feet from a location in Anchorage Alaska that dropped 30 feet vertically in the big Alaskan quake. In fact my house sits on a strip that dropped. One of my employees was here for that quake. He tells me the tops of the trees were slapping the ground and houses were bouncing feet in the air. That is what is expected in the L. A. area. How do you prepare for that? Oddly enough, not many people were hurt here. They did have quite a carnival ride though.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eadff8ed94b8.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5/14/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Hey Nydsdan!!! How's it been??

You pop up here and i automatically go check the phase our moon is in tonight. Guess what?

2010-MAY-14 Universal Time 1:04 New moon...

Go figure....

Peace

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkfd54
This can't be...it isn't 2012 let alone Decemeber yet. in 1989 how come there were no incandescent clouds over san fran.

perhaps there was .... but nobody took notice of it....regarding the data we have now these days...
was ATS on line 21 years ago???

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I saw as it happened. There was a large boom sound, the ground shook. Then I looked up (I was taking my daily walk at the time) and saw the horizontal rainbow.

A few minutes later I saw another orb like rainbow that looked like crystals. Then another ground shaking boom. Few minutes after that, I saw a huge (maybe 1,000 foot diameter) crystal ring cloud.

The sun was not in the center of this iridescent ring either.

Sometimes I feel like the entire mantle of the Earth is cracking. Wish us luck in Sunny Cal.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
I saw as it happened. There was a large boom sound, the ground shook. Then I looked up (I was taking my daily walk at the time) and saw the horizontal rainbow.

A few minutes later I saw another orb like rainbow that looked like crystals. Then another ground shaking boom. Few minutes after that, I saw a huge (maybe 1,000 foot diameter) crystal ring cloud.

The sun was not in the center of this iridescent ring either.

Sometimes I feel like the entire mantle of the Earth is cracking. Wish us luck in Sunny Cal.

I hope it's nothing. I live in socal too. :[
I didn't see anything like that but i did see some pretty cool clouds that spelled: SKYTYPERS.
lol

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I agree with your basic tenant here in regards refraction of light through water crystals, however the cause of the crystals is potentially different between your frequent occurences at 5-10k feet above sea level then at sea level as in the case of Chili and LA.

Finding out what causes the crystals in each case would bring us closer to understanding. Perhaps some geo-magnetic condition can also instigate such a cloud formation just as easily as another set of factors can create the condition at high altitudes.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Shadowfoot]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join