It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow similar to before China and Chile quake seen over Los Angeles

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Yes, but is Colorado on a major fault line? I'd want to send a NOAA plane ito it to see if any preassure, electromagnetic, or any thing else we can measure is unusual from other cloud formations, from calm to other storm events. Historicaly, unusual lights in the sky are sometimes associated with earthquakes. Sorry I can't give you a link, but google "earthquake lights" The pictures look like the same phenomena.

Colorado Earthquake info...

I live at 6600 feet above sea level. I see these clouds all the time. Like I said, the first time I saw them - there were LOTS of them across the sky. I took pictures and sent them off to OzWeatherman to tell me what I was seeing. Was not something I was used to seeing.

And again, havent experienced any earthquakes in Colorado.

I also lived in Alaska for four years. I experienced a ton of earthquakes - mostly small. I never really saw much of these iridescent clouds in Alaska. Certainly never saw one and then felt an earthquake hit shortly after.

[edit on May 14th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

link   

Originally posted by lel1111
So I wake up this morning, prepared to go to work but decide to check into ATS, which I normally do NOT do first thing in the morning. And I behold this thread. I work in downtown L.A. in an old multi-story building. I don't know about all this, but I DO know that I am staying home today, just in case. If the big one happens, even if it's "our time" I prefer to be at home with my two daughters who are thankfully home from school (college) today.

I have no where to move to, run to, etc etc. We have as many earthquake supplies and preparations as I can afford. I hope for the best for everyone, in any location, in possible harms way.

For those out there that think that Californians "deserve" a disaster, please realize that there is "good" and "bad" everywhere. Everyone is not the same; we do not all shop on Rodeo Drive; we do not all watch reality TV shows; (I do eat some Tofu here and there :lol
but I don't judge those with what some consider undesirable behavior as we're all on the same path at different stages.

Peace and Love to all - (did that sound all "airy fairy" Los Angeles-y?

Edited for typo.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by lel1111]

oh I know there are good and bad people in California. But stay safe and run if you can if something is afoot.

link   

Originally posted by 911stinks

Originally posted by Crossfate
You know I wonder if this has anything to do with HAARP and the cloud is a potential side effect. You never really know the technology they have with scalar weaponry and electromagnetics and what they haven't been telling us.

According to something I read, if enough energy were directly beamed to a isolated area for a consistent amount of time, tectonic plates would build tension until they release or are allowed to release, creating an earthquake.

I think it was tom bearden's book but I'm not entirely sure...

But then again I could just be getting creative.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Crossfate]

I think it has something to do with Quartz and the effect electricity has on it.

Quartz, when excited by electrons, vibrates at a given rate, hence the ripples. I believe the colors in the clouds are due to a certain alignment, like a good rythm in a song. Sound in the form of electronic signals, can be transferred all over the planet. How much is it amplified.

The other day I was out in the desert, looking for a mound I found on Google Earth. I heard a large rumbling sound, like a jet aircraft real close, although I could see none. Within 5 minutes, there were wavelike patterns in the clouds.

These machines I believe, are called Hummers. They create a sort of OHHMM that the Tibetan Monks understand.

Quartz can produce a piezoelectric effect when under pressure, as you would expect in a region where tectonic plates meet. Perhaps this is the explanation for phenomena such as the Brown Mountain lights, orange orbs of light rising from the ground and the flourescing of clouds in areas prone to seismic activity.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I personally think this is just a another case of ATS hysteria. I live in SoCal and have seen those types of clouds before with nothing happening. That picture of the rainbow cloud is from the 13th on Twitter. The earthquake prediction center also had a "Hip Hop Test" along with a "Love Test". Sounds real scientific to me.
To top it off, people are getting excited by other users comments such as "You have to remember that it is not unusual for the earth's crust to move." Yes you are right. But aren't those rainbows normally associated with some sort of electrical disturbance? Like electrical sprites?

It may happen, this could all be a coincidence. I would say just make sure your prepared. Maybe this is a good time to go set some water and food if you haven't, because an earthquake, eventually will happen. When? Who the hell knows. If it happens today or tomorrow, oh well, I hope I don't get squished. But IMO this thread is more hype and hysteria than layman science into the possibility of an earthquake.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
This kind of light display is a sign to those who know how to interpret it. Such signs are not understood and often passed off as unimportant by those who lack the insight. As regard to the often observed lights in Colorado I suggest that Colorado is sitting on an even bigger potential earthquake than anything that might hit California. California is hit very often and the hits although big are actually smaller than the fewer but potentially much bigger hits that hit Colorado every so often. The last time the big one hit Colorado was back in the days of the Wild West when there were very few if any buildings and what few people lived there lived in tents and or wagons. It struck with an off the scale force of Richter 11. It was felt in New York and also in San Fransisco, as far north as Arctic Canada and as far south in to Mexico. It was the "WOPP" as the native Indians call it. It is because of this "wopp" that they prefer to live in their tents. It is because of this "wopp" that the USA is mostly populated in the coastal east and coastal west. The Prairie belt is so sparcely populated for this reason. It is a government directive. So "moderator" living in Colorado, you might think again when you see those rainbow colours appearing in the sky above you. It really might be the "wopp" is about to hit you. Other parts of the world also have "wopp" size earthquakes such as Kazakstan and related parts of Central Eurasia. Also obviously Mongolia and China. Also perhaps inner parts of Africa. A "wopp" hit the Jordan Valley in 363 AD. It destroyed the ancient city of PETRA. Ruins of it are in the Kingdom of Jordan. There were no survivors. Only the tent dwelling "Bedoins" [arabic gypsy folks] lived through it. Thus even still they prefer to continue living in their tents. Such "wopp" are a different type of geological activity, not to do with fault lines and volcanism, but rather to do with the build up of Cosmic Ray induction, electric charges in the continental land mass, discharging. Which is an interesting magnetic cause for the rainbow colours in the sky. Magnetic stresses like this can cause water droplets to form in the air prior to the discharge. So your [moderator] explanation about water droplets does still carry weight in my opinion. The question is this. What is it causing the water droplets to form. Impending earthquake ? Impending "wopp" ? Or just a bit of ordinary humidity ? One must see it in context. Since 2002 the Sun has been increasingly in a Sunspot Cycle Minimum of such minimalness that it is getting to be beyond a joke. When there are few sunspots the solar system gets to be penetrated by higher than usual levels of Cosmic Ray energy. We are at present being bombarded by Cosmic Ray Energy at least three times above normal. This is potentially the cause of a "wopp". Cosmic Ray energy causes water droplets to form in the sky forming more than normal cloud, mist, fog, and is thus causing the world to get colder as the sunlight gets reflected back out into space. This is why it has been an especially cold winter. These Cosmic Ray induction forces are increasing and strengthening the Hurricanes and Tornado activity. All the bad weather last year and this are being driven into existance by these higher than before levels of Cosmic Ray induction. I hear that California is getting tornado activity this year ? There is a website which I recommend. Here is the link. [url=http://www.iceagenow.com/]> ICE AGE NOW

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So what exactly is the overall opinion here then regarding the cloud? Is it or isnt it?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by UFORacer56

UFORacer56,

this thread is more hype and hysteria than layman science into the possibility of an earthquake.

Au contraire. This is a " more hype and hysteria than layman science" kinda of thread on the same topic..

7.7 Earthquake predicted to hit Southern California

This is just a thread about a guy how has seen some strange looking clouds and caught them on camera. I never visit that part of the world so i am glad this has been documented no matter what the outcome.....

Peace

Now please tell me some enthusiastic ATS member, living in that area, is out looking for migrating frogs....

[edit on 14-5-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

But it is a crazy coincidence.

Why so? I see them all the time here and we dont get earthquakes. So why not? If they are related, why would I not be experiencing earthquakes?Lots of pictures of Iridescent Clouds. Did earthquakes happen after each of these photos?

Don't confuse correlation with causation.

Earthquake rainbows could be due to a number of factors.

obviously, the reasons that they look like rainbow are because of the conditions that allow for the light to defract in such a way to reflect different color lights, the same way rainbows form after rain.

The possible correlation is the formation of those types of clouds due to low frequency waves emanating from the ground before a large quake.

This would mean that not all rainbow clouds are followed by a quake but large quakes would usually be preceded by rainbow clouds.

In fact it could be there are different geological conditions that would emanate the waves that cause the rainbow clouds that aren't necesarily predicated on earthquake activity.

Too many variables to know what is really going on.

All you can successfully know is correlation. Since the other recent big earthquakes were preceded by rainbow clouds, if you see rainbow clouds it's something to consider due to the previous correlations.

Jaden

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Some people were saying HAARP was used to create the China and Chile Quakes, shooting their megawatt energy beam into the ionosphere creates that rainbow effect. We need to destroy all the HAARP facilities before they destroy the earth.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UFORacer56

UFORacer

clouds are a relatively new science, and being examined by proffesional geologists. There just seems to be some misconceptions about the appearance and colours within the clouds.

Operation Mindcrime has provided the best information so far on this thread about them, and it would benefit people to look at his posts

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Is this the rainbow of doom thread? Some of you guys sound like you want the earthquake to happen and people to die.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

Will you please explain how making an observation and posting it resembles in any way that the OP wants people to die? Many have posted that they hope CA is ok, and they hope that nothing is going to happen, as do I, but this is a discussion thread, so......

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
no but we've all had a hunch that a large earthquake might happen in that side of the coast for some time.

The 'rainbow' or in this case some kind of magnetic discharge, akin to that of the northern light's is believed by some to be a precursor to an earthquake.

The cause for this belief is because the recent earthquakes in chille and china all had this rainbow effect distributed evenly across the sky prior to the earthquakes.

There's no scientific evidence to back anybody's claim up in here, it's only a reasonable observation to make.

Up to you to decide, end of the day, it's an idea.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It is odd for California folks who are not used to seeing these patterns.

If it were a regular occurence here, there wouldn't be any reason to question it.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

But it is a crazy coincidence.

Why so? I see them all the time here and we dont get earthquakes. So why not? If they are related, why would I not be experiencing earthquakes?Lots of pictures of Iridescent Clouds. Did earthquakes happen after each of these photos?

well lets use our brains for 1 time

www.learner.org...

have Colorado ever experienced an earthquake? I dont know about the US, but you need to see the Plate tectonics map, Colorado is very far from the plates "connection"

if an earthquake happens every time this kind of rainbow happens in places where an earthquake IS possible, maybe it would prove other things

as some people speculate, it could be some kind of weapon that have as primary or secondary goal, an effect on these plates causing earthquakes in places close to off course the connections

but I am just speculating, I dont know anything about these kind of rainbows and even if some weapon exists ... lets wait and see

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

Scary, although from the picture shown on the link page, it just looks like ice crystals to me. Still Scary though, we shall see....

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
As an LA area resident, this is quite worrying to me. One question, were these same clouds seen in Chile and China just minutes before the earthquakes, or days before?

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Truthseeker31]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't know.. Nothing has happened yet.

Now if we saw a rainbow cloud over San Fransisco, that would be a normal event.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm certainly no meteorologist, but I've never heard anything about rainbows having a link to seismic activity! I wouldn't worry anymore than usually about a Southern California quake. Move along, people. Let us be sane.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Replicator EYD

Read up, scientists have confirmed the phenomenon.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join