It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow similar to before China and Chile quake seen over Los Angeles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Here is the link:

Rainbow similar to before China and Chile quake seen over Los Angeles

Twitter is rolling with reports of rainbow cloud over Los Angeles today. Reports are coming in that this looks similar to before both the China and Chile quakes where residents reported and took photos of such events in the sky.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

That is not good...

Let's hope it's nothing.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Here is the video of the rainbow that was seen just before the Sichuan earthquake in 2008:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Courtesy: theweatherspace.com

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

Good gawd!

Looks just the same:

Like I said, I hope it's nothing.

How many disasters can one nation sustain in a year?

link   

Originally posted by order in chaos
Here is the video of the rainbow that was seen just before the Sichuan earthquake in 2008:

Pretty eerie....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e27edb3b7b9.jpeg[/atsimg]

link   

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
You know what weird. I had a dream of Los Angeles having a terrible earthquake.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Another pic:

twitpic.com...

[edit on 14-5-2010 by order in chaos]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jane347

I don't understand what that post has to do with pre-earthquake rainbows.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
order in chaos,

Got any frogs or toads in the L.A. region?? Watch those guys closely!!!

Cudo's for finding this order in chaos. So why only 1 flag?? Allow me to hand you a second one....

Peace

[edit on 14-5-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Now I cannot comment on the credibility or success rate of the following website, but here is what it says:

www.quakeprediction.com...

+26 more 
posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I see those Iridescent Clouds all the time in Colorado and we dont get earthquakes afterwards.

They are just normal Iridescent Clouds:

When parts of clouds are thin and have similar size droplets, diffraction can make them shine with colours like a corona. In fact, the colours are essentially corona fragments. The effect is called cloud iridescence or irisation, terms derived from Iris the Greek personification of the rainbow.

The usually delicate colours can be in almost random patches or bands at cloud edges. They are only organised into coronal rings when the droplet size is uniform right across the cloud. The bands and colours change or come and go as the cloud evolves. They occur most often in altocumulus, cirrocumulus and especially in lenticular clouds. Iridescence is seen mostly when part of a cloud is forming because then all the droplets have a similar history and consequently have a similar size.

Sometimes iridescence can be seen far from the sun but is most frequent near to it. As for coronas, search safely by hiding the sun behind a building and, even better, also viewing the reflection of the sky in water.

Very much rarer iridescence is that of nacreous or mother-of-pearl clouds. They can glow very brightly and are far higher than ordinary tropospheric clouds. Iridescence is also seen in rocket exhaust trails.

[edit on May 14th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I agree with you. But it is a crazy coincidence.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by order in chaos
Now I cannot comment on the credibility or success rate of the following website, but here is what it says:

www.quakeprediction.com...

Cue the "Twilight Zone" music...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

But it is a crazy coincidence.

Why so? I see them all the time here and we dont get earthquakes. So why not? If they are related, why would I not be experiencing earthquakes?Lots of pictures of Iridescent Clouds. Did earthquakes happen after each of these photos?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

There's a very strong possibility that this means nothing, but the coincidence is quite compelling. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens tomorrow

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

But it is a crazy coincidence.

Why so? I see them all the time here and we dont get earthquakes. So why not? If they are related, why would I not be experiencing earthquakes?

The coincidence more lays in the fact that there has been a tremendous amount of seismic activity on the West coast lately and there''s a significant amount of predictions/speculations pointing to May 14th as the date of the "Big One".

As I previously mentioned, I guess we'll know by this time tomorrow!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Yeah. everyone's forgetting it's normal for the earth's crust to move and cause earthquakes.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join