It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow similar to before China and Chile quake seen over Los Angeles

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenbob

There have already been two. Granted, not devastating, but nonetheless, there were two quakes overnight.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Good God, we had cloud like that over my home in New Zealand last year. And the year before. Actually I can remeber seeing clouds like that so often I needed to touch myself to be sure I was alive because according to some I should have died a thousand deaths by earthquake by now.

How do people actually believe this stuff?

Yea, I'm pretty sure I've seen these before as well. Also with all the smaller earthquakes we've been having I would assume it would relieve some of the pressure on the fault lines, making the "big one" less powerful. Unless it only applys to the specific fault line and if San Andreas hasn't been active.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There's been a magnitude 3.3
in the San Francisco Bay Area.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So what do clouds have to do with earthquakes?????????????? Seriously........................... it is a play of light wow people just when I thought this place was getting better it goes right back downhill....

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Clouds are where gases go. Earthquakes release gases. It is perfectly logical to see cloud effects before an Earthquake.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
But, aren't rainbows only visible depending on your perspective?. I mean, in reality a rainbow is only evident when you are in the right position compared to the position of the light source (the sun) that creates it through the prism effect of water vapor (or pollution I would imagine).

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

okay, i can't help but make a comment. the twenty some earthquakes are mostly related to the thousands of aftershocks from the Easter Baja quake! I do find this thread interesting, but it is ridiculous to point to these micro quakes (most not even felt) that occur every day in southern california (especially the aftershocks from Baja!).

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Sense says...
If you live in an "earthquake area" and are interested in some type of "warning" you need to pay attention to the animals not the sky.

why not both?

Apparently there is some correlation here with the sky phenomena. Its maybe not 100% accurate but it still shows some credence.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

What credence? Iridescent clouds are so normal that it's like saying that the fact that there were clouds at all in both places is some sort of correlation.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Just found the thread.
3.9 how anticlimactic.
I would have slept through it had not the parrot freaked.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hey lads just wondering if this would be linked to the recent sun activity a few weeks ago.??

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I see these kinds of clouds often, some are much smaller some are bigger and some you can't really see with the naked eye unless your attention is brought to it, but if you wear the orange/red/violet shade of sun glasses they are very apparent.

I saw them when I lived in Jersey, and here in Florida as well.

I thought this was a common natural occurrence, or are there different types of "rainbow clouds"?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
i guess not many of you have studied geology, but its well known that earthquakes can produce these lights in the sky, before during and after the event. it can sometimes be used as a method of prediction, quite loosely however as most ways of predicting earthquakes are a bit in-definite.
google it and you'll find a load of stuff about it. but anyways i would say these lights aren't any end of world warnings or what have you, just a historically recorded occurrence with EQ's.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Somethign I found to explain the cloud Clouds/Aurora Borealis

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I know I'm coming in late on this discussion, but cloudbows are really common. And earthquake lights have been noted at least as far back as ancient Rome.
I don't think anyone knows what earthquake lights are, but the best explanation is the "wintergreen LifeSavers in the dark" phenomena. Pressure on the crystals in the candy causes a swapping of electrons, producing a green flash. It works. An earthquake involves pressure, rocks contain lots of crystals. I've also seen reports of strange ground level lights before earthquakes as well, although I can't remember which book. Things like ball-lightning, will-of-the-wisps, St elmo's fire, that kind of thing.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Interesting. Whether you believe in it or not, someone tried to predict somethings for the coming year based on the bible-code. The problem is you have to know what you are looking for. However, he mentioned that a measure of how successful he is will be to see if LA has a major quake this year (he said possibly 8+). If so, then 2012 portends to have a space event which causes HUGE numbers of deaths.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Magnitude 5.1 - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

earthquake.usgs.gov...

seems about right.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Digital-Flux]

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Digital-Flux]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

No one has suggested that just because a rainbow was visible, an earthquake would be imminent. It is a matter of subjective interpretation. The phenomenon was discussed by everyone and was even debunked by some in this thread. Unlike the other "prediction" threads, no one shoved prophecy down anyone's throat. So there is no need for anyone to fear about this forum going downhill.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
These have nothing to do with HAARP or earthquakes, i saw the same rainbow clouds in Wisconsin today after heavy chemtrailing...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hooptie333

ive seen those kind of clouds too in the air in my area, but i dont remember us having an earthquake.

to me it seems like theres some kind of oil-like residual mist from chemtrails.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join