It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer = Planet Venus, not Satan - PROOF

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

No you don't know that for a fact. It's what you believe based on bad information from stupid videos such as the god who wasn't there or zeitgeist.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by March of the Fire Ants

I'm not trying to help any argument because there is none. All there that we have is imagination being tossed around as fact and new age garbage. Read the Holy Bible from Old to New Testament and you'll know.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
nice theory...
an other one... ///l

the magic sword excalibur can be related to the sword of orion??

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

i dont know much about milton, been wanting toread paradise lost for sometime now and have never gotten around to it, but i do know that satan was referred to as lucifer long before the 1600's so milton was not the one to name the devil lucifer

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
This makes alot of sense to me. I know for a fact that Jesus= The sun in our galaxy. But i have wondered about what lucifer might be, i knew it was a personification for something. This is awsome info..thank you

Your welcome! I am glad i could help a scientist out, that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside!

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I actually learned something from this thread. Thanks.

So many people do misuse the term Lucifer....but they're the ones who also believe in the Devil or a God. I rather not follow any fairy tales...

Great thread, S & F from me.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

I am also glad i could help you. That is why i made this thread, to help people understand the true meaning of Lucifer and to point out how amazing Venus is. Please stay tuned to some of my future Venus posts because there is a lot that she can teach us!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Please post more! I'll be keeping an eye out

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
This thread is enlightening and worthy of perusal by anyone with eyes to see the inherent truth within it. This is one of the most potent and pivotal " secrets " of many of the mystery schools, it has a bearing on us now, more than at any other time, as the return of the " Light " to Earth, has been long fortold, and warned of. It seems that the " secret ", is starting to surface, just when i will be of the most use. Beastmaster2012 Do not be discouraged by the harsh words, follow your instincts and let them uncover your ears to the truth.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Qwenn]

Thank you very much, i enjoyed reading this post! The thing i find most interesting about the light of Venus is how it is strong enough to cast a shadow. There are only two other objects in the entire universe that can do this (besides man made objects and animals) and that is the most wonderful true Lucifer, the planet Venus! Since you were a freemason (sorry for snooping your profile, but someone that seems so enlightened as yourself i wanted to find this info out my looking at your previous posts) you may have saw the hints of Venus in freemasonry. The more i read about Venus the more i am amazed at what it could really mean. There is something hidden about Venus, something mysterious that i think some people know about. Why were the Mayans so obsessed with Venus and could there be a connection between resurrection and Venus? Is it anyway possible that the light of Venus could heal a sick person or bring someone back from the dead? I know this sounds crazy but what if?

Anyways, thanks for the words of encouragement!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
yeah well the bible has a totally different view of who Lucifer is and i tend to believe the bible, as it is the word of GOD....not ignorannt scientists who think they have it all figured out...just to change it years later with an update and an apology. Science is nothing but an unfinished book that will never be fully written. This is just another tactic to get people to not fear the Devil or Satan or LUCIFER.....like putting a pointy tail and a pair of diapers on a little red baby. People tend to minimize that which they fear most.Anyway, the Bible is much more credible than this.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A pentagram does not = Satan or Lucifer

Since you are using ancient dates here, if you are thinking that since it vaguely resembles a pentagram and that must mean the stars believe Venus is Satan, then you must realize that anciently, the pentagram was not an EVIL symbol, but was used in Christian symbolic nature. It wasn't until recently that it was transformed, like many good things, into a corrupt symbol. So your whole premise is completely off by light years here. If anything, the stars would think it was the Messiah, not Satan.

Lucifer, was one of the High Angels in heaven. When he rebelled and was cast out, he became Satan, no longer a son of glory. So they are one in the same, not separate entities. A crude pentagram drawn on a chart and a few quotes isn't going to change thousands of years of belief. If anything, you made a joke of it with they chart. Any conjunction would make symbols if your looking for them. Just like the clouds make White Fluffy Elephants, does that mean the Circus is coming? Or the Stars like Elephants?

sp error

[edit on 9-5-2010 by arcnaver]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I thought Saturn was supposed to be Lucifer?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

It is not only Jerusalem and Judah that are warned in the Book of Isaiah concerning the wrath of God. The surrounding heathen nations are also warned of doom, and first in line is Babylon.

It is easy to suspect that chapters 13 and 14, in which the doom of Babylon is foretold with savage imagery, is not really Isaianic. In Isiah's time, it was Assyria that was the conquering nation and Babylon lay under its thumb in more devastating fashion than Judah did. The paean of hatred and scorn should, it would be expected, be turned against Assyria and the new capital that Sennacherib had built at Nineveh.

On the other hand, a century after Isaiah's time, it was Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar that was the oppressor. It is reasonably likely, then, that this passage is of later origin and was possibly composed during the Exile at a time when Babylon seemed doomed to fall before the conquering armies of Cyrus the Persian.

Picturing Babylon as already fallen, the writer recites a taunting poem of sarcastic contempt for the mighty Babylonian monarch now brought low. In part, it goes:

Isaiah 14:12. How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! ...
Isaiah 14:13. For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven ...
Isaiah 14:14. ... I will be like the most High.
Isaiah 14:15. Yet though shalt be brought down to hell ...

The Hebrew word here translated as "Lucifer" is helel. Literally, it means "The Shining One," and is thought to refer to the planetary body we call Venus.

Venus is the brightest of the planets in our sky and, next to the sun and the moon, the brightest object in the heavens. Because of the position of its orbit between the earth's orbit and the sun, it is always seen (from earth) to be fairly close to the sun. When it is in that part of it's orbit that puts it to the east of the sun, it shines out most clearly after sunset, and sets never more than three hours afterward. It is then visible only in the evening and is called the evening star.

On the other side of its orbit, when Venus is to the west of the sun, the planet rises first and for a short period of time (never more than three hours), it shines in the eastern sky as dawn gradually breaks. It is then the morning star.

It is only natural that cultures unlearned in astronomy and not particularly observant of the heavens would consider the evening star and the morning star to be two separate bodies. In Isaiah's time, even the clever Greeks were of this opinion. It was not until two centuries after Isaiah's time that the Greek philosopher Pythagoras discovered the two to be the single body that the Greeks then came to call Aphrodite and the Romans (and ourselves) Venus. It is very likely that Pythagoras discovered this in the course of his travels in the East (tradition says he visited Babylonia and it was the Babylonians who were the great astronomers of ancient times).

Venus, in its morning star aspect, could be called the "daystar" for its rising heralds the coming of day. It is also the "son of the morning" for it is only as morning approaches that it is possible to see it. Thus, the Revised Standard Version translates verse 14:12 as "How art thou fallen from heaven, O day-star, son of the morning."

The Greeks, in the period when they thought Venus to be two bodies, called the evening star "Hesperos" and the morning star "Phosphoros." Hesperos means "west" and it is always in the west that the evening star appears. Phosphoros means "light-bringer" and it is therefore the essential equivalent of "daystar." By the Romans, the Greek terms were translated directly into Latin. The evening star became "Vesper" ("west") and the morning star became "Lucifer" ("lightbringer").

The Hebrew helel is therefore translated as Phosphoros in Greek versions of the Bible; and as Lucifer in Latin versions.

The use of the term "Lucifer" in connection with the overweening pride of the Babylonian king is an ironic thrust at the habit of applying fulsome metaphors for royalty. Flattering courtiers would think nothing of naming their king the Morning Star, as though to imply that the sight of him was as welcome as that of the morning star heralding the dawn after a long, cold winter's night. This habit of flattery is confined neither to the East nor to ancient times. Louis XIV of France, two and a half centuries ago, was well known as the Sun King.

The writer of the verses concerning Lucifer ironically described his fall from absolute power to captivity and death as the fall of the morning star from the heavens to Hell.

With time, however, these verses came to gain a more esoteric meaning. By New Testament times, the Jews had developed, in full detail, the legend that Satan had been the leader of the "fallen angels." These were angels who rebelled against God by refusing to bow down before Adam when that first man was created, using as their argument that they were made of light and man only of clay. Satan, the leader of the rebels, thought, in his pride, to supplant God. The rebelling angels were, however, hurled out of Heaven and into Hell. By the time this legend was developed the Jews had come under Greek influence and they may have perhaps been swayed by Greek myths concerning the attempts by the Titans, and later the Giants, to defeat Zeus and assume mastery of the universe. Both Titans and Giants were defeated and imprisoned underground.

But whether Greek-inspired or not, the legend came to be firmly fixed in Jewish consciousness. Jesus refers to it at one point in the Gospel of St. Luke:

Luke 10.18. And he [Jesus] said ... I beheld Satan as lightning fall from Heaven.

It seemed natural to associate the legend with the Isaianic statement; indeed, that statement about Lucifer may have even helped give rise to the legend. In any case, the early Church fathers considered Isaiah's statement to be a reference to the eviction of the devil from Heaven, and supposed Lucifer to be the angelic name of the creature who, after his fall, became known as Satan. It is from this line of argument that our common simile "proud as Lucifer" arose.

—Isaac Asimov's Guide to the Bible, pp538-540

Sorry for the long quote, but a fascinating academic take by a prolific author. (Yeah, Asimov wrote a LOT more than the sci-fi he's famous for...)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Maybe Lucifer is where Satan and the fallen angels (negative aliens) reside? Maybe his symbol is the pentagram or their is an energy source there than can be accessed via the pentagram?

[edit on 9-5-2010 by TSawyer]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You do realize Lucifer has potentially been around for millions of years before Venus was named?

Lucifer was God's right hand Angel (Venus right hand of Earth and nearly a twin in size/density). He was cast out with a third of the angels because he thought he could ascend above the highest (Venus is below earth). Hell is described as a bottomless pit of fire, Venus is 460C which would melt a spacecraft like nothing.

Perhaps Venus was named after Lucifer and a reminder of his Hell? Maybe...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
This makes alot of sense to me. I know for a fact that Jesus= The sun in our galaxy. But i have wondered about what lucifer might be, i knew it was a personification for something. This is awsome info..thank you

Nearly all things are coded to Saturn in the language, religions, institutions, etc. and they have coded the religions to be sungods, somehow for karma which is not as they think for people's definitions truly truly follow whats in their own heart.

www.scribd.com...
Code To The Matrix.

If we used the sun, because of what it truly is,as a representation of Jeshua ben Joseph, the very wise teacher they errected their Roman religion on, I do know why they would use this allegory, but then it wouldn't really make Saturn the dark star, unless it is the dwarf that got trapped in our system somehow which I have considered as a possibility, since its almost like a brown dwarf planet in its old ways, but it may have been chosen because its sealed and one of the biggest. In the duality the symbol for adversary would be the Nemisis to our sun, the dwarf star in a binary system.

Lucifer would actually be the dark star, the Nemesis in a binary system if Jesus is symbolically the Sun.

In a Hologram model for the universe, holograms require lasers to erect, also they are constructs.

This implies that there is something beyond our Universe and it has Consciousness. That this Consciousness has unity and is Positive, can be decoded by whats around us. Something warring like we are could not broadcast in this Universe. And this is a marvelous, wonderous, marvelous Cosmos. There is alot more but I won't write it, but decoding things is useful.

Also, only the stars in our Universe have the intensity to be the lasers so that implies they are like projectors projecting this onto the screens, which so far the only screen we truly know of is in the backs of our minds. So the one talking about STO, that Heaven is within, and that we are all the branches of the vine, the Many In One, who concerned himself with the poor, and loving others, and who said that all he could do we could do to, did not mean to have a Church constructed, forcing people to "look without" for authority and identity, nor to have the money people could have changed the world with, up to 14% tithing, go to Rome.

I'd be sungazing alot, I've had some wondrful experiences, its our phone home to the Beyond.

Edit to add: Since Jesus's message was hijacked by the authorities because it contained enough truth and love to draw our hearts, but then twisted for control, then surely Lucifer is hijacked as well, and truly this is a construct too.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You missed the most important points of information. What distance is the planet at each of the "closest" points and what is the distance at each of the furthest points? Your whole premise is the distance of Earth to Venus, yet you never tell what these distances are!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
who thought venus was satan? talk about dumb "oh no your studing the stars they are the devil!!" over zealot reilgious freaks (they creep me out)

but good work on this, i will read anything if it has something to do with space

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Also if you look at the pentagram (edit to add I mean Hexagram not enough coffee), and note that its two intercepting triangles, you will the duality coded, or represented with of course the wrong doers, controllers erecting their control evil action one in the pyramids. The inverted triangle moves away from the few symbolizing equality and the many, our true natures: One-1, 1111111111111111........
Binary code for the Universe 1010101010101010.............., wherein 00000000000.......is infinity.

This is the same as this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a7dd07c89d7.jpg[/atsimg]
also shown are the two pillars of Solomon: Joachim and Boaz and the checkerboard floor.

But the problem is our bloodlines have confused duality with actions. The duality has nothing to do with the presence of those who love power and the power of love. The duality merely is like the school asking the question, how should I react. The outcome is a different matter, its what we, and they are graded on. Its ourselves and Higher Selves that do the grading however with consequence to action, until we finally chose Love.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

• Isaiah lived around 750 B.C., or roughly 2760 years ago.
  • The bits about the fall of a Babylonian king were added to the book of Isaiah 200-300 years after Isaiah died, let's say 2400 years ago.
  • Jerome's latin vulgate was written around 400 A.D., or 800 years after the bit about the fall of Babylon had been written.
  • Milton popularized the story for the masses in 1667 A.D., 1200 years after Jerome's mistranslation

How's that for perspective?
edit to add,
  • The Matrix came out in 1999 saying Neo was "The One..."
  • 400 years from now, in the 2400s, people will believe that Jesus is bullet-proof and has mad kung-fu skills...

[edit on 5/9/2010 by JoshNorton]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Also if you look at the pentagram, and note that its two intercepting triangles
Um, no it's not. That's a hexagram that's the intersection of two triangles... 6 points, not 5. Basic geometry...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I've got a cold and in a bad mood taking care of my sick baby so forgive me... but

This is THE MOST IGNORANT thread I have ever seen on ATS

EVERY inner planet makes a pentagram at certain times.... wtf - new low.

(As far as Satan vs Lucifer stuff, maybe so, but your Venus connection wasn't worth answering the rest of it.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join