It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer = Planet Venus, not Satan - PROOF

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This makes alot of sense to me. I know for a fact that Jesus= The sun in our galaxy. But i have wondered about what lucifer might be, i knew it was a personification for something. This is awsome info..thank you

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Well, here's my very first anything on here. Been a lurker up til now. Lucifer was not a name until the English put it in there. But in the Greek New Testament it does tell us who Satan is. Jesus said in Revelation 2:13 that He knows where Satan's seat is. Read up on your history here. His servant Antipas was slain where Satan dwelleth. Notice which church it is written to. Pergamos. Antipas was murdered on Zeus altar in Pergamos. This is historical fact. Hitler had it moved to Berlin. Obama had an exact replica made to give his acceptance speech from. Lucifer is the son of the morning, Venus, who is Aphrodite, who was just another of the gods of old that lost their way. And Lucifer was her son. There was more than one fallen angel. They did have a leader over them. Satan. If God wanted us to think that Lucifer and Satan were one and the same, He would have said so. Just like Jesus was called many names, it always said He was the Christ. No confusion there. There is only one mention of Lucifer in the Bible, however, Satan is there many times. Why not "Lucifer, the Satan"? He is referred to as a he in Isaiah and as the king of Babylon. Go back to that time period in History and find out who the king of babylon was. Clearly Isaiah is not describing a man like you and me. 14:10 ..."Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?" God was pronouncing judgement over a fallen angel here. So, what god ruled Babylon then? That is Lucifer!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

As a scientist i can confirm the findings-

Facts-

Jesus= The sun in our galaxy.
Lucifer= Venus

Both Personifications-The egyptians didnt use Lucifer they used another name
Try find it
its interresting research.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

Is this the best informed counter you can muster? I'm pretty neutral on the subject but comments like that don't help your arguement.

Very interesting thread!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

Would you be referring to Isis as Venus or Horus as Jesus?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Isis, yes! Horus, no! He was the son of the dead Osiris. Jesus definitely did not come from a dead god. Horus was believed to be Enoch and Hermes. I believe that Lucifer and Marduk are one and the same. Marduk was the king of Babylon. He caused human sacrifice to take place. The murdering of innocents. Now I can see judgement being passed on him for that. And Marduk was the son of two original gods that came down from heaven. Different socieites had different names for them. Am I getting warmer??

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This thread is enlightening and worthy of perusal by anyone with eyes to see the inherent truth within it. This is one of the most potent and pivotal " secrets " of many of the mystery schools, it has a bearing on us now, more than at any other time, as the return of the " Light " to Earth, has been long fortold, and warned of. It seems that the " secret ", is starting to surface, just when i will be of the most use. Beastmaster2012 Do not be discouraged by the harsh words, follow your instincts and let them uncover your ears to the truth.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Qwenn]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by imafreespirit

"Dead" is a preceptive term. If a religion is dead, it is no longer used, it would be with a God being dead" he is no longer followed. If "God" Created the heaven and the earth, and then along the way, 1000s of other religions popped up, and the religion of "God" was brought back to earth by Jesus, that would be a "Dead" God being brought back to life. Either way Satan was a word invented by Early Christians, in an effort to express the "evil" of the pagan religions of the day. Satan does not appear, until AFTER the Christian movement was started. Saturnalia( as it is pronounced) Was the most common openly worshiped god of the time, thus he made best target.
It is irrelevant WHAT name evil take, it is still Evil. Satan, Lucifer, Billy Joel, it doesn't matter. There is truth in the bible, HOWEVER there is truth in Tom Clantsy(spelling) Novels. They've been very accurate in predicting future events. That doesn't make them religious, not until someone has decided it so.
What I'm saying is maybe we should be less worried about Symbols and more worried about what we're doing in our lives. Just live a good life and make sure you harm as few people as possible. Why does it have to be complex? A stick is a stick, even if you call it a magickal wand, or the finger of god, it's still really just a stick.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dcflux

Very interesting. I've discussed a very similiar scenario with friends concerning your post. star for you.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by imafreespirit
Isis, yes! Horus, no! He was the son of the dead Osiris. Jesus definitely did not come from a dead god. Horus was believed to be Enoch and Hermes.

Horus was as much a 'son' to Osiris as Jesus is the 'son' of the one God.

Horus, as well as being the son, was his Father (Osiris) incarnate.

Jesus, as well as being the son, was his Father (God) incarnate.

But no, I don't believe Jesus and Horus are one in the same or are related, but I had to correct you on this point.

Originally posted by UnlawfullPriest
reply to post by imafreespirit

"Dead" is a preceptive term. If a religion is dead, it is no longer used, it would be with a God being dead" he is no longer followed. If "God" Created the heaven and the earth, and then along the way, 1000s of other religions popped up, and the religion of "God" was brought back to earth by Jesus, that would be a "Dead" God being brought back to life.

[edit on 9/5/2010 by serbsta]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

The egyptian version of lucifer was Set.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Huh?

How did you come to that conclusion?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I love how people just throw the word "proof" around so easily. Isn't amazing how a person can take a couple stories and put them together and, voila - PROOF! lol

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wait, I don't understand. So you're saying that when Venus and the Earth are at their closest points to each other and revolve around the Sun, they actually teleport in a series which makes a perfect pentagram?

Because if you're going to draw anything going around the Sun in a perfect circle, you can always make points and connect them to make a pentagram.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Fangula]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
But doesn't the complete quote from Isaiah 14;12 go like this?

"When the Lord has given you rest from your pain and turmoil and the hard service with which you were made to serve, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon: How the oppressor has ceased! How his insolence has ceased! … How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit on the mount of assembly on the heights of Zaphon; I will ascend to the tops of the clouds, I will make myself like the Most High." But you are brought down to Sheol, to the depths of the Pit. Those who see you will stare at you, and ponder over you: "Is this the man who made the earth tremble, who shook kingdoms, who made the world like a desert and overthrew its cities, who would not let his prisoners go home? "

Again:

"Is this the man who made the earth tremble, who shook kingdoms, who made the world like a desert and overthrew its cities, who would not let his prisoners go home?"

The words in bold are definitely attributed to a male being..a 'man'.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

...The message is the point... All religions are correct, including new age trash, or old age funk, sideways smoke, upside down stars... whatever floats your boat... no one religion is right or wrong. Stay away from or embrace whatever resonates with you in the moment. The message is the same... everybody deep down inside knows the difference between right and wrong, work on yourself to be the best that you can be to yourself and your fellow man, treat others as you would like to be treated, inspire others to be the best they can be... living in a life of service to others and to yourself because you Love.

Fill yourself and others with Love and there is no room for the other stuff.

Think, Super Best Friends...

Lucifer is the topic here. This is simply a demonstration as to how anything can and will be distorted through linear time... there are billions of different ways to say the exact same thing... weather you have an open mind to see the fundamental underlining principle in all is simply a test of your discernment. The definition of all words is subject to the test of the times... Lucifer, Light Bearer, Satan, Devil, Beelzebub.... whatever. The OP has a point that he is trying to make about Lucifer. The Hidden Hand "trash" makes the same point from a different perspective. It says the same thing, Lucifer = Venus (you have to read the whole post to get it).

If we define: Lucifer in Google we get the following results:

-Satan: (Judeo-Christian and Islamic religions) chief spirit of evil and adversary of God; tempter of mankind; master of Hell

-morning star: a planet (usually Venus) seen just before sunrise in the eastern sky

-match: lighter consisting of a thin piece of wood or cardboard tipped with combustible chemical; ignites with friction; "he always carries matches to light his pipe"; "as long you've a lucifer to light your fag"

-Lucifer is a fictional character from the 1978 Battlestar Galactica television series. Lucifer is the robot assistant to Count Baltar, voiced by Jonathan Harris of Lost in Space fame.

-Lucifer is a little-known and degenerate genus of prawns, the only genus in the family Luciferidae. Lucifer has a long body, but many fewer appendages than other prawns, with only three pairs of pereiopods remaining, all without claws. It also bears no gills. ...

...it goes on but to the point, the definition of a word is shaped by the current culture and attempting to change it back, although possible, is like swimming upstream... think of the word fag, I think its current meaning is a noisy biker, or something, we have changed its definition many times...

The Past is History!

The Future is a Mystery!

Today is a Gift, they call it the Present! Live Joyfully in the Moment...

In the Love and Light of our One Infinite Creator,

Okay, I think I am done with my mindless dribbling on for now... for now.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Lucifer = Planet Venus = Day star = Jesus. Jesus is Lucifer the light bearer.

Freeman talks about Lucifer.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by warisover
Lucifer = Planet Venus = Day star = Jesus. Jesus is Lucifer the light bearer.

Freeman talks about Lucifer.

THANK YOU. I am going to add this to the top of the page because this is exactly what i was talking about.

Lucifer should have read the king of Babylon, amongst others, but the Babylonians did invade and capture Jews and made them slaves.

edit: Doh nevermind! I can not edit my OP or second post.

Anyways, i love the video in your signature. I was throwing that around in the Mosque being built around Ground Zero thread because of all the hate that was being spewed. You are good people!

[edit on 9-5-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I noted how some found this to be untrue, and that not matter what 15 or 20 people thought, Satan would equate to Lucifer, despite efforts sich as this.

I think another perspective sould be applied.

Despite the Origin, the Mormon's discuss this matter of Lucifer and some of the details are quite accurate in assessing the misinterpetation "Christain's" have applied to the discussion of Satan.

The word "Lucifer" in Isaiah 14:12 presents a minor problem to mainstream Christianity. It becomes a much larger problem to Bible literalists, and becomes a huge obstacle for the claims of Mormonism. John J. Robinson in A Pilgrim's Path, pp. 47-48 explains:

"Lucifer makes his appearance in the fourteenth chapter of the Old Testament book of Isaiah, at the twelfth verse, and nowhere else: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

The first problem is that Lucifer is a Latin name. So how did it find its way into a Hebrew manuscript, written before there was a Roman language? To find the answer, I consulted a scholar at the library of the Hebrew Union College in Cincinnati. What Hebrew name, I asked, was Satan given in this chapter of Isaiah, which describes the angel who fell to become the ruler of hell?

The answer was a surprise. In the original Hebrew text, the fourteenth chapter of Isaiah is not about a fallen angel, but about a fallen Babylonian king, who during his lifetime had persecuted the children of Israel. It contains no mention of Satan, either by name or reference. The Hebrew scholar could only speculate that some early Christian scribes, writing in the Latin tongue used by the Church, had decided for themselves that they wanted the story to be about a fallen angel, a creature not even mentioned in the original Hebrew text, and to whom they gave the name "Lucifer."

Why Lucifer? In Roman astronomy, Lucifer was the name given to the morning star (the star we now know by another Roman name, Venus). The morning star appears in the heavens just before dawn, heralding the rising sun. The name derives from the Latin term lucem ferre, bringer, or bearer, of light." In the Hebrew text the expression used to describe the Babylonian king before his death is Helal, son of Shahar, which can best be translated as "Day star, son of the Dawn." The name evokes the golden glitter of a proud king's dress and court (much as his personal splendor earned for King Louis XIV of France the appellation, "The Sun King").

The scholars authorized by ... King James I to translate the Bible into current English did not use the original Hebrew texts, but used versions translated ... largely by St. Jerome in the fourth century. Jerome had mistranslated the Hebraic metaphor, "Day star, son of the Dawn," as "Lucifer," and over the centuries a metamorphosis took place. Lucifer the morning star became a disobedient angel, cast out of heaven to rule eternally in hell. Theologians, writers, and poets interwove the myth with the doctrine of the Fall, and in Christian tradition Lucifer is now the same as Satan, the Devil, and --- ironically --- the Prince of Darkness.

Now I would say this Morom discussion is wrong in ONE respect. The Prince of Darkness is Ozzy. Not Lucifer.

So "Lucifer" is nothing more than an ancient Latin name for the morning star, the bringer of light. That can be confusing for Christians who identify Christ himself as the morning star, a term used as a central theme in many Christian sermons. Jesus refers to himself as the morning star in Revelation 22:16: "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

An interesting confirmation of what anyone who actually STUDIED the Bible would be able to realize. But maybe that is the main problem. Ignorant Sheep.

The Link offered other views as well.

Henry Neufeld (a Christian who comments on Biblical sticky issues) went on to say,

"this passage is often related to Satan, and a similar thought is expressed in Luke 10:18 by Jesus, that was not its first meaning. It's primary meaning is given in Isaiah 14:4 which says that when Israel is restored they will "take up this taunt against the king of Babylon . . ." Verse 12 is a part of this taunt song. This passage refers first to the fall of that earthly king...

How does the confusion in translating this verse arise? The Hebrew of this passage reads: "heleyl, ben shachar" which can be literally translated "shining one, son of dawn." This phrase means, again literally, the planet Venus when it appears as a morning star. In the Septuagint, a 3rd century BC translation of the Hebrew scriptures into Greek, it is translated as "heosphoros" which also means Venus as a morning star.

How did the translation "lucifer" arise? This word comes from Jerome's Latin Vulgate. Was Jerome in error? Not at all. In Latin at the time, "lucifer" actually meant Venus as a morning star. Isaiah is using this metaphor for a bright light, though not the greatest light to illustrate the apparent power of the Babylonian king which then faded."

Therefore, Lucifer wasn't equated with Satan until after Jerome. Jerome wasn't in error. Later Christians (and Mormons) were in equating "Lucifer" with "Satan".

Again, from a more Christain than Mormon perspective.

The Link goes on with other views, and links of reference for review.

Let's look at another source, and likely the "One's" to blame for the problem. The Catholics

Lucifer

Meaning: brilliant star (Hebrew helel; Septuagint heosphoros, Vulgate lucifer)

A title given to the king of Babylon (Isa 14:12) to denote his glory.

Well the Catholic's at least make this clear. It offers more, as we see.

The name Lucifer originally denotes the planet Venus, emphasizing its brilliance. The Vulgate employs the word also for "the light of the morning" (Job 11:17), "the signs of the zodiac" (Job 38:32), and "the aurora" (high priest Simon son of Onias (Sir 50:6), for his surpassing virtue, to the glory of heaven (Rev 2:28), by reason of its excellency; finally to Jesus Christ himself (2 Pet 1:19; Rev 22:16; the "Exultet" of Holy Saturday) the true light of our spiritual life.

The Syriac version and the version of Aquila derive the Hebrew noun helel from the verb yalal, "to lament"; St. Jerome agrees with them (In Isaiah 1:14), and makes Lucifer the name of the principal fallen angel who must lament the loss of his original glory bright as the morning star. In Christian tradition this meaning of Lucifer has prevailed; the Fathers maintain that Lucifer is not the proper name of the devil, but denotes only the state from which he has fallen (Petavius, De Angelis, III, iii, 4).

It goes on, and one can read the material as a Study, for themselves.

I just thought some additional references should be offered inorder to ensure STUPID people who embrace ignorance and deny GOD's Word, yet deem themselves Christain, understood the error they have in dismissing Truth, to embrace a lie. Something Satan revels in.

Ciao for Now.

Shane

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I actually learned something from this thread. Thanks.

So many people do misuse the term Lucifer....but they're the ones who also believe in the Devil or a God. I rather not follow any fairy tales...

Great thread, S & F from me.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join