It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea masses 50,000 troops on border

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Most all of us on here know that they never ended the war. With that being said i think this is another muscle flex but mister "ronerey", oh so ronery!

The sky is not falling. I promise.

Invest in a HAM radio / Shortband. There is a lot of chatter. The North AND South Koreans are masters at espionage. One can not take a crap without the other knowing. This is just a show.

The real players in this game that are pawning and nudging these two countries are NATO and the USA versus "The Axis of Evil; AKA China and Russia".

I don't know about you but I like our odds as Americans. Say waht you will about us but we can crush any country on this Earth. Throw in a little NATO and you have an un-stoppable force to ROLL China and Russia. Expect SHTF within a couple years though, America will prevail. Obama may grow a spine by then and stand up to bullies and Liberals...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
All poster beware that anytime you see a controversy arise and the specific issue of male and female equality or a comparison is done using gender,IT IS A DIRECT ATTEMPT TO RTEDIRECT THE ATTENTION OF THE THREAD TO AN AREA OF HIGH EMOTION SO THERE IS A LOWER CHANCE OF ALL OF US STAYING FOCUSED ON THE REAL ISSUE AT HAND.

This is a common tactic,and those experienced posters here on ATS should recognise this particular tactic by now and EVERY TIME THEY SEE IT COME INTO PLAY,THEY SHOULD PUT THEMSELVES ON ALERT THAT THEY ARE BEING MANIPULATED BY SOMEONE SOMEWHERE.

Sorry to interrupt the thread,but this tactic going unanswered is MORE DAMAGING THAN MY PAUSING THE FLOW OF COMMUNICATION TO SHOW YOU WHAT IS BEING DONE---MOSTLY SO YOUR MIND CAN SIMPLY BEGIN TO KEEP TRACK OF EVERY TIME YOU SEE A THREAD INTERRUPTED THE SAME WAY USING A POWERFUL EMOTIONAL MARKER TO "help us forget why we were there in the first place".

Just reading this is enough,your own mind will protect you as long as you are presented with the possible perspective or reality.

In other words now that you know it is happening because I said it ,your mind will do the rest subconciously.This is how TPTB manipulate us to begin with---USING EMOTIONALMARKERS.

Once you know you cannot un-know,BUT A STRONG EMOTIONAL MARKER CAN BE EMBOSSED OVER YOUR KNOWLEDGE TO HIDE IT DEEPLY IN YOUR MIND OR TO AT LEAST MAKE IT A SECONDARY CONCERN INSTEAD OF A PRIMARY CONCERN.Once a bell is rung it cannot be UN-RUNG,only a LOUDER sound will drown out the ringing,same with your memories and aquisition of knowledge,only by drowning out the soundness of our intellect BY USING SOMETHING LOUDER ,WHICH HAPPENS TO BE ---EMOTIONAL REACTION---can your perception of reality or your perspective be manipulated.

This weakness is also our strongest asset because when WE are emotionally involved OR EMOTIONALLY FOCUSED we are unwavering or unstoppable,our emotions are a MAJOR PART OF OUR MAKEUP,THEY ARE WHAT MAKES US ORIGINAL AND HUMAN.

Both our strength and our Achilles heel.

The reason we throw the grenade and the reason WE JUMP ON IT.

Only gods could make a decision or selfdetermination of their own fate ,or sacrifice their existance based on a desired futurethat does not consider our own participaction.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
If we get involved in another war, we will have to start a draft, or pull our troops out of Iraq/Afghanistan....because right now, our troops are stretched too thin.

I agree that any more new wars might result in a draft. But I also think the American people have been left to shoulder the burden, both with their manpower and resources and money.

Here in Australia, or in the EU. We don't spend much on the military because we don't need to. America does it. So we've spent it on other things instead. Like healthcare.

America has a huge arms industry and will sell to us whatever we want so we haven't really kept the capability to make those things ourselves in many cases, because of the cost. And they take care of security so we don't need a large standing military.

How much can the American's be expect to actually do alone? I know we've made some commitments to the "War on Terror" to keep up appearances but it's really a rather paltry contribution. America is still doing the majority of the grunt work. And a lot of people don't see the "War on Terror" as being our fight.

And why should the people that live in the USA have to shoulder a burden they never wanted? There is already a very high chance of public unrest. A draft would make that a certainty. Could America suppress dissent at home and continue several wars, while adding a few new ones?

When do you become to thinly spread? This is what concerns me.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well then start espousing a global democracy BECAUSE YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT IN YOUR SUMMATION.

America is the tip of the spear.I agree with you but we dont need to drum up more "help"for America ,we need to drum up a global democracy and use the American momentun to make it happen NOW,we need to jump on the train when it is still going slow enough for us to catch up to it.

Everyone can see what you see,I say we need to empower and then appeal to women all over the world to begin using the natural abilities to straighten their men out,we just need the global democracy platform so we know where to put them after they are straightened out.

I guess you have it right there,EMPOWER WOMEN GLOBALLY and then provide them with a safe forum where there can exist a world democracy and our problems are solved.They will lead us,we just need to make it possible.

Just like any family anywhere in the world.We men have a job to do ,but when its done our women have a job to do with us,preventative maintenance,keeping us in the right frame of mind so our emotions dont get us manipulated into actions that are detrimental to the survival and welfare of the family.

Let dads be able to provide that environment so moms can feed our children,let those children grow up healthier and smarter than we are,not than we WERE ,than we ARE.

Stop trying to erase or nullify our genders it is a sickening prospect.I dont care what you base it on it is unnatural and contrary to the health and welfare of humanity,we are born equal,but from our first breath both inequity and the struggle for gained experience becomes an integral part of our lives. Gender is set,important,natural,and cannot be chosen by the individual,everything else can,BUT NOT GENDER.

An attack on the singularity of gender is an attack on the survivability of humanity and is a crime.Sorry for your feelings but when I get confused ,I turn to humanity for guidance,not personal gratification,EMOTIONAL OR PHYSICAL.

This warmongering is happening because we men are not properly caring for our women,some of us are allowing ourselves to support incredibly selfish relationships that foster hoarding of resources and doing so at a cost to other people somewhere on the planet.We need to clean ourselves up a little bit .

If we look out for our womens best interests we will not allow them to be harmed and we will not listen to governments that wont help us provide for them and keep them safe.

This is the key,the only individuality a human can experience comes from gender identification,anything else is a PLACEBO and doesnt really cure our needs.Tell yourself you can ACT LIKE ANYTHING YOU CHOOSE,thats ok,but be REAL,you are what you are,but when you allow your FANTASY about what you WANT to be to interfere with humanities progress ,you overstep your personal right to participate within humanity ,and you need to change your expectations to those that consider humanities best interests before the individuals.

Ask mothers in China what they want,ask mothers in the US what they want ,then like granpa used to do JUST SHUT UP AND MAKE IT HAPPEN BECAUSE IT IS YOUR BLOODY JOB,dont worry about your wives they are as able as you are to do their jobs,they just need the chance,and its a mans job to provide a female with that chance.

If a man chooses to donate his life to humanity without having children of his own he is still obligated to behave as all other men do and fulfill his male responsibility to humanity by ensureing that he focuses on the same things as the men with their own families and children,the same for women who choose to not procreate,their responsibilities to humanity are equal and the same as those women who did choose to raise our future members of humanity.

There is no escape,no excuse,and there exists NO RIGHT TO DO OTHERWISE,you arent born free,you are born with a family that numbers in the billions and that IS REALITY.

The rest is BS,and we all know it,this has been the problem for several generations now,and its time to change this problem.

Before the problem CHANGES US.

Dont believe that this isnt true,this is a universal truth,question ANYTHING THAT DISCOURAGES YOU FROM REPRODUCING and teaching your children to be SMARTER THAN YOU as TEENAGERS,dont wait for the corrupt school system ,your kids can understand more complicated ideas than you can when they are four years old,and can continue to overshadow you for their whole lives IF YOU LET THEM DO IT.

And if you think Korean or Chineese or |American,or Russian mothers and fathers think anything differently than you do STOP IT ,BECAUSE THEY ARE EXACTLY AS YOU ARE---MEMBERS OF HUMANITY STRUGGLING TO MOVE FORWARD AND PROVIDE A BETTER WORLD FOR OUR CHILDREN THAN WE INHERITED FROM OUR PREDECESSORS.

And if thats the case why are we FIGHTING AGAIN????

I am guessing that if a bunch of Koreans that dont want a war simply replaced the ship that was sunk as the US replaced the Kursk things would go away?

And if they dont,why not?Just replace the ship and apologise.
Tell me why this isnt the right solution because a mistake had to have been made.

And if a mistake wasnt made then vote for a global democracy before one of these retarded little countries starts a schoolyard brawl.

We need to start to take personal responsibility for these acts of war against humanity,we need to self police ,and to do that WE REQUIRE A GLOBAL DEMOCRACY.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by one4all]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I do not think that North Korea is going to attack, or have the backing of china unless it can prove to the Chinese that there is justification and then get guarantees that the Chineses will back any military action on their part. But something tells me that all this is to draw attention back on them, to get the US back to the table to continue talks about their nuclear program. It seems like every time the attention is off of North Korea they do something to where the world reacts. I think that they should just ignore the North Koreans, and just do a bit of counter maneuvers.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
My counter arguments to this situation is..

1. Can't we all just get along?

2. Think about the children!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Just curious. How many North Koreans have you spoken to lately.
If you have, where and in what capacity?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Hogwash!

That's all I have to say. The plight of the peoples of NK is just as valid and is actually a valid position in discussing the political context encompassing the region.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I know I don't post a lot, but I have read this thread and decided to throw my idea into the fray.

What if Kim knows that his death is imminent? He doesn't seem to be all that even keeled. Maybe in his mind the North would be invaded upon the death of their great leader. So, he wants them to be protected. Nothing more nor less. He probably feels paranoid enough that he thinks everyone is after him and his country. If he is out of the way, the buzzards will descend and pick the place apart.

Just a thought. Maybe we will see an announcement of his death soon.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Only until we have a global democracy,then the issue will rest.

Sure the plight of NK is relevant but the entire issue is one of humanitarian injustices being forced upon the Korean people by a government that refuses or is unable to understand and act upon the needs of its people.

There are no borders anymore on this planet,these are the death throes of an old way of existance,we are witnesses to the transition.

The reality is that these are ignition points for wars and conflicts based on ideologys that are non-humanitarian in nature.

So these ideologys must be dismantled in the name of humanity,just as every regional army on the planet must be dismantled.In the name of HUMANITY.

Obviously our world is full of six billion seperate realities all competeing to make theirs the biggest and the longest lived,this is dangerous and we already know this,so lets stop playing russian roulette with our species and take a global vote in real time on the direction we want humanity to go.

Lets make it happen already,its that simple just say it and it will happen,say that humanity is more important than you are ,that humanity is more imortant than your children as individuals because without humanity in a healthy state our children cannot be healthy.

We have to give up this individuality crap,we are not that original as physical bodies,we are all completely different in every way EMOTIONALLY,there is no need to defend against a manufactured and directed threat against our reality or our perspective or our emotions.

All for one and one4all,there can only be one---humanity that is.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Kim NEEDS a war, he has got to thin the army and a few hundred thousand civilians, would be a bonus. He gets rid of alot of soldiers who cost alot to support. He can't just kick them out of the military and send them home. Sooooooo....kill them off in a war. He fights this thing to a stalemate again, asks for a truce and gets WORLDWIDE relief funds and loans and supplies for his poor country. He may even be about to croak. What better way to go out for him?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

ANd unicorns and fairies will fly thorugh the sky spreading rainbows and gum drops.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by belial259

Because Obama is soft. It's real simple.

I would go so far to even say I think he might be scared.

This is the *last* thing he wanted on his watch.

He will turn his head the other way until something happens, then we will take 12 days too long to respond to that too.

Exactly.

IF NK attacked the U.S. troops in SK, no doubt obama would want Kim arrested and brought to New York for a civilian trial, too.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
papagil,not sure about the gumdrops but I wouldnt doubt the rest for a second,there are only physical barriers to accomplishing the creation of flying fairies,Id like you to show me your blueprint for GOD,what I am saying is that we will see what you described long before anyone will ever see a god because WE ARE GODS,thats why we can create the fairy,do you get that?God doesnt do it ,we do.

I dont doubt there will be a conflict,but will you ever really ever understand WHY,so you can prevent the next conflict??

The issue isnt wether there will continue to be conflicts,we know this will happen ,it is WHY the conflicts happen that matters,and NOT from a regional perspective ,but from a HUMANITARIAN perspective.

You dont have the right to poop your pants just because you like the feeling ,we are all wearing the same pants on this planet now.

Do you understand this concept,and do you understand that someone just told you you have poopy pants?And either you stop it OR GET OUT OF OUR PANTS.

Thats the rest of the world talking,we dont want to wear Koreas poopy pants,or anyone elses for that matter.

So if we need to clean up,LETS ALL DO IT TOGETHER SO NO ONE CRYS ABOUT IT LATER.

Why dont we all just tell Korea its over?oops I forgot,there is no global democracy to help clean our poopy pants so we have to walk around like this until we get fighting mad.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all

We have to give up this individuality crap,we are not that original as physical bodies,we are all completely different in every way ....

So, you say we have to give up our individuality because we are all so different???

What a load of (psychedelically induced?) psycho-babble crap - using your description.

Right, all we need to solve this problem and those elsewhere in the world is get everyone to sit down and sing kum-by-yah together.

Why didn't anyone else ever think of that?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by papagil

I think he's jumping the gun a bit, but I don't disagree with him entirely. I think one of the biggest shortcomings of most conspiracy nuts is their unabashed hatred on the idea of world government. I think world government it's inevitable considering the continued forward march of technology. If all we do is scream about how we won't accept it then we will never be a part of making it. We will have no say. World government will happen despite what people want, so maybe it's better people get involved and actually make it something we would want.

I don't think it's going to happen in the next 10 years. Perhaps in the next 50 we will see the beginning of it. There's still too much racism, xenophobia and religious hate to see such an idea work but, it's gotta be better than having to constantly worry about a new war.

I don't think Kim is going to attack anyone. It's probably just a bunch of posturing to get more aid. This build up has been happening for 3 to 4 years now. For people to start whining about how soft obama happens to be is silly. Most of that was under Bush. I don't see people complaining about that.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
They did sit down and sing together but someone stuck a gun in their mouths and told them to stop,BECAUSE THEY WERE INFRINGING ON THE ARSEHOLES INDIVIDUAL RIGHT TO ABSOLUTE SILENCE TO THE DETRIMENT OF ALL THOSE SINGERS WITHOUT GUNS.

How slow can you go?

If I tell you to put down your gun ,will you?probably not,but then again why should you put it down only you and I disagree so it seems right for one of us to win,but WHAT ABOUT WHEN TWO OF MY FRIENDS AND I ASK YOU TO PUT DOWN YOUR GUN?And we dont have guns of our own?

Then what have you BECOME BY YOUR ACTIONS OF NOT AGREEING WITH US AS WE ARE THE MAJORITY OF REALITY?

Your gun speaks for you and upsets the natural balance of our world and reality,you are supposed to be gone,history,vamoose!!You should be outta here!!

Ooops,you are still here,whys that,we all wanted you gone,peacefully,oh yes I forgot you have a gun.This makes you a threat to humanity and we need to remove your ability to present a threat to the common goal of humanitarian progress.

You see guns silence people so just assume that if you have one YOU ARE AN ENEMY OF HUMANITY,you dont need it.

You see you will never get it because you think you actually have a right to destroy someone elses life to get what you want--NOT WHAT YOU NEED.

I have owned guns and hunted and killed and dominated and been dominated all with waepons,so what?

We dont have the right to arm ourselves against other humans ,ever,and we need a governing world body to enforce this ,we need to concentrate on making this planet a better place.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by one4all]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You know what, who cares............ unless you are a member of ATS who has millions in the bank or wherever, or have people in high places who might just save your ass, then none of this really matters.

Joe Public is expendable, and when the SHTF the remaining JP will with all their might rebuild their country in the the name of their country and the wheels on the bus will go round and round.

So no point posturing the US will do this and China will do that and if.....IF Russia and NATO got involved, all we are.......ARE casulties.

The majority of us on here go to work, pay our taxes and try to eke out our own way and hopefully happy life, but those in power still want to put us to the sword.

Isn't it about time the majority, lets face it any countries majority is its population, just decided to say as one "NO MORE" !!!!!

Wolfie

[edit on 6/5/10 by Wolfie_UK]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
Ooops,you are still here,whys that,we all wanted you gone,peacefully,oh yes I forgot you have a gun.This makes you a threat to humanity and we need to remove your ability to present a threat to the common goal of humanitarian progress.

Wait... You and a friend can "remove" someone's ability to be a threat based on the two of you disagreeing with that person and wanting them gone? Or is it just someone having a gun that gives you and a friend the right to "remove" their ability to be a threat?

We dont have the right to arm ourselves against other humans ,ever,and we need a governing world body to enforce this ,we need to concentrate on making this planet a better place.

I disagree. I have the right to arm myself against another human being if they are threatening me or mine with bodily harm. If the best means to protect myself or my children is a gun, so be it.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What might China's interest be in this? China sees NK as a barrier to trade in the region and a constant diplomatic irritation. Perhaps it will be China that intervenes and stomps a mud hole in little Kim's ass.

I think NK would ultimately be better off under China rather than little Kim.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join