It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea masses 50,000 troops on border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

North Korea masses 50,000 troops on border

www.telegraph.co.uk

North Korea has completed deployment of about 50,000 special forces along the border with South Korea, amid high tensions over the sinking of a Seoul warship.

"The threat that North Korea may infiltrate special forces for limited warfare has become real," the agency quoted a separate senior defence ministry official as saying.

A defence ministry report in 2008 said the North - learning lessons from the Iraq war - had strengthened its special warfare capability by augmenting light infantry uni
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It seems to me something might be about to go down... or it's just North Korea posturing so SK doesn't strike them back for the warship sinking...

50.000 troops is too much for an exercise...

The SK government is FINALLY saying that North Korea sunk their warship... when most here knew this already from day one...

Kim is also in China right now... either he's asking for permission from China to attack SK...like Kim Il Sung asked Stalin to invade the South back in 1950.

And like Stalin gave the go-ahead to Sung to go down in Korea because they thought that the US wouldn't intervene... For YEARS Sung asked Stalin to let him invade the South... and every time he said no. But that time he said yes because of new information that came to light indicating that the US wouldn't intervene...

Will China give the go ahead to go South because they think that the US wouldn't intervene because Obama is too weak? They could think that... since a lot of americans think that of Obama...

The North Korean seems like they've learned that the new warfare is street fighting... since apparently their new war strategy would be to seize Seoul and then ask for diplomacy...

Three ways IMO war can start :
- China thinks the US won't intervene
- SK attacks North Korea
- Kim goes rogue and attacks SK by himself (China would invade NK if that happened)

Miscalculation started the first Korean war... miscalculation can happen anytime...anywhere.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It seems to me something might be about to go down... or it's just North Korea posturing so SK doesn't strike them back for the warship sinking...

Even letting them posture like this is too much of a threat. They sink a warship and then mass troops on the boarder? Maybe they're getting ready to finish the Korean war.

There hasn't really been a better time for it.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo will China give the go ahead to go South because they think that the US wouldn't intervene because Obama is too weak? They could think that... since a lot of americans think that of Obama...

I actually think it is the US who needs a war desperately. Wondering whether the SK warship was sunken by US

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Three ways IMO war can start :
- China thinks the US won't intervene
- SK attacks North Korea
- Kim goes rogue and attacks SK by himself (China would invade NK if that happened)

You could add a #4 - SK seems to have a weak leader at the moment.

With new plans by NK to take over only the city of Seoul this may indeed be a situation to watch. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolftotem

And a #5: Iran gets attacked. North Korea takes advantage and attacks South Korea.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by belial259]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well this is a rather disturbing development. Posturing indeed like belial259 said. I feel this move is seemingly solidifying what some have said is an inevitable event. This is the last thing that the World needs right now. The phrase "To hell in a hand-basket on greased rails" comes to mind. I'm going to pray for a peaceful resolve to this.

[edit on 5/5/2010 by UberL33t]

+16 more 
posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamspark
I actually think it is the US who needs a war desperately. Wondering whether the SK warship was sunken by US

You may have missed it, but we already have two ongoing wars and multiple peace keeping actions going on around the world. We don't desperately need a war.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

One thing I don't understand though is why the MSM propaganda machine is still aimed squarely at Iran. North Korea just sunk a friendly warship and is massing troops on the border.

In the meantime Iran just went to the NPT to have a chat. But they're the evil ones? The North Koreans have nukes, are making hostile military actions, aren't engaged in diplomacy at all. And yet the powers that be are ignoring them?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Indeed, not to mention the Oil Spill and Pakistani Taliban terrorist that (after seeing this) seems even more false flag-ish. I just did a quick scan of the 3 majors on TV...have yet to notice any mention of this. Go figure.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The USA will certainly be involved heavily if the North attacks the South. There are around 25,000 US troops stationed there for good reason.

Even Obama would not avoid this one.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

50 000 is not preparation for limited assault, but total all out war. First line forces will get hardest SK retaliation, and there is no idea to put everything to table in first frontline attack. We should remember that what ever happens in Korea, its highly connected to situation in Middle East and "The Great Game" - thats a fact...

I think these fronts wont open without another - or then escalation in Korea will keep another war (ME) away from US/Israeli hands. China cant loose Iran, but they maybe can gamble with Korea now when their interest are really threaten, like we have see in the recent news. I see that tense situation in Korea plays many ways to SCOs pockets and it will also lift pressure against Iran and Syria.

Iran just started 8 days new war drills, and that can also be pretext for wide call for arms there. I don believe that peace negotiations witch has started today in Israel will bring situation any better - and time is running out... China/Russia knows that, and now is time to tight US forces out from ME.

I think war in Korea is imminent, no matter if Iran is attacked or not - and NK will get support to this war from SCO and Iran-Syria-Lebanon axis. I also think that USA cant handle new war in ME, if war breaks out now in Korea. This is NK:s long waited momentum.

We will head to brink of WW3 this summer - maybe we are already - no matter what happens next.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
reply to post by UberL33t

One thing I don't understand though is why the MSM propaganda machine is still aimed squarely at Iran. North Korea just sunk a friendly warship and is massing troops on the border.

In the meantime Iran just went to the NPT to have a chat. But they're the evil ones? The North Koreans have nukes, are making hostile military actions, aren't engaged in diplomacy at all. And yet the powers that be are ignoring them?

Well, I have an opinion to share.

I think the MSM are idiots, and are going with the most sensationalist story ATM, which on the warfront is Iran.

Also, by focusing on Iran, they are keeping attention from other things, such as NK.

NK does have nukes, but the last thing they would do is send 50k troops to their death if they had *any* intent to use a nuke.

Also, Kim is in China, no?

I would think this was more a China initiative than anything? Or at least China suggested, ie: "We will back you."

Especially after seeing this:

www.bloomberg.com...

China May ‘Crash’ in Next 9 to 12 Months, Faber Says (Update3)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I would think China behind possible "false flag"... War in Korea will take pressure away from Iran - and that is country what China just cant loose.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
50 000 is not preparation for limited assault, but total all out war. First line forces will get hardest SK retaliation, and there is no idea to put everything to table in first frontline attack.

Yes these sure look like shock troops to me. Getting ready to storm the breach.

Why hasn't the US done a little more posturing back. Parking a carrier or holding a few Wargames nearby is usually enough. They're posturing and there is no response. They've attacked a warship and there is no response. They're massing troops and there is no response.

There needs to be a show of force.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

afghanistan and iraq are not wars, they are occupying forces engaged in a counter insurgency against the locals and sympathizers..

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Yep, have to agree with you, this is brinksmanship at it's finest.

I do have concerns we are staging for war, and it is beginning to look like world war, IMO. Not fearmongering, just stating an opinion. There is posturing, but it is going too far beyond posturing to brinksmanship, and all it will take is one *real* "false flag" to set off a very edgy world.

The time is ripe for TPTB to drop a shoe somewhere and sit back and watch the world play the chess game they set out to play.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Not to mention Syria has given hundreds of Fateh-110 solid-fuel missiles to Hizbullah.

Those missiles carry a 500kg warhead, can be launched in a few seconds and have a range of 250 km....

Israel would be hit very hard with those.

So either Israel will not start a war... or when they start a war, they gonna have to use the big guns to avoid massive civilian casualties... that means nuclear bombs...

If they have to use small nuclear bombs, like nuclear bunker buster, then they'll use them.

That or they'll launch a massive land assault of Lebanon... and if they are stalled, and Hezbollah can still inflict massive civilian damage, Israel will use nukes. After all, Israel can't do a full invasion of Syria and Lebanon at the same time, fast enough to avoid hundreds of missiles being launched at them...

And yes, the US should send a carrier strike group or two RIGHT NOW off the coast of SK.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Because Obama is soft. It's real simple.

I would go so far to even say I think he might be scared.

This is the *last* thing he wanted on his watch.

He will turn his head the other way until something happens, then we will take 12 days too long to respond to that too.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Yeah if China thinks that, there will be war on the korean peninsula. Simple as that.

I'm against war, that's why Obama SHOULD SEND A FREAKING CARRIER GROUP OR TWO RIGHT NOW.

But I'm pretty sure he never studied the Korean war... so he doesn't know THAT IT STARTED BECAUSE OF MISCALCULATION THINKING THE US WOULDN'T INTERVENE... and he just thinks that it started because ``communists wanted to take over``...

And it's not like the US have a MacArthur in control of US forces right now...

Also, according to a poll made in NK, NKoreans are losing faith in Kim...so that could push him to war too since he's losing the propaganda war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join