It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea masses 50,000 troops on border

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

my friend you need to put down the ganga and step away from the bong.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well. many here seem to think that NK would just run over SK. Not the case! The south has all of the bridges and valley's ready to blow, the terrain is much like the state of kentucky. I've been there and know this for a fact. They have a formidable force and tough soldiers. Remember they have had 55yrs to prepare for an attack and believe me they are ready. It would be a nasty situation but in a conventional war the south would win, they are ready to defend.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Thanks for the video, opened My eyes hugely!

Sheesus F'ing Rice!!! Those people are so brainwashed! The Doctor helps them from being blind, and they bow down to Kim Jong?

Man, thank God I don't live there. I lived in South Africa for 30 years, but we never did this crap! It's like bowing down to Nelson Mandela! WTF?!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SPYvsSPY

have to disagree, no ground invasions until after the tens of thousadns of artillery rounds stop falling. Then, after all that smoke clears, all bets are off. This isn't the 50's anymore. Hand to hand will only come LONG after the missles, artillery shells and bombs have fell. People as a rule forget one thing WAR IS MONEY. Wars always have been and always will be fought for STUFF. If any side thinks they can can financially, they will start shooting.

Also my young foolish friends, If there ever is a one world govt, it WONT be a democracy. Women and weak, overeducated boys will be at the bottom of the ladder, so you better pray it never comes to pass. Put down your fantasy books. Life is about living and DYING

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by papagil

"My Young Friends"? - Exactly who are these Young Friends You are speaking of? We're a community here with open minds, we express our thoughts, and we respect others - whether we believe it or not.....

Trying to belittle people by saying "Young Friends" - Keep on topic, respect Your ATS colleagues, and the OP.

Enough said

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by papagil

Also my young foolish friends, If there ever is a one world govt, it WONT be a democracy. Women and weak, overeducated boys will be at the bottom of the ladder, so you better pray it never comes to pass.

You do realize sex slavery and beating your wife are pretty widespread in S.K? Ever hear of a drinky girl?

South Korea ain't exactly the best place for at-risk women either.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Agreed, SK would be very formidable against NK. They have tons of Western military technology and formal military training by multiple NATO countries.

Not to mention that if NK attacked SK the US would be there in a minute...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamspark

Originally posted by Vitchilo will China give the go ahead to go South because they think that the US wouldn't intervene because Obama is too weak? They could think that... since a lot of americans think that of Obama...

I actually think it is the US who needs a war desperately. Wondering whether the SK warship was sunken by US

Yup, and we probably torpedoed the Gulf BP oil rig just because. Look I didn't like Bush one bit but this anti-american crap is starting to bug me. F U, and F the rest of the world. If I was Pres. I'd re-introduce sepratism/isolism.

Be the best think for America.

As far as NK is concern, I'd nuke, drop a titanium rod, mass driver, artiicial earth quake, whatever we could, they're only idiots after all.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Ikema]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It's inevitable that war will start between the two countries.
They have millions of troops on standby yer after year, and these forces have to be used in order to keep the paranoid regime in power.

Check this site out:
rikijo.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Believe it or not I joined the DPRK friendship association because I read alot of nasty things about the DPRK in western media , so I decided to try and find out more , so I joined the association and I speak regularly to many different North Koreans through this association , If I like I can goto north korea on a visit !

conversation is directly through emails !

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I wonder if this has anything to do with the rumor that NK used a sub to sink that oil rig that is owned by SK. just a thought.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You shouldn’t be asking why North Korea is massing 50,000 special ops units.
What you should be asking is where are the armor division’s. If North Korea’s going to push south they’ll need fast moving armor to do so. They’ll have to set up a defensive line just south of Seoul for a counter attack from the West.
The reason you mass 50,000 special ops units is to capture transportation and communications centers, i.e. Bridges, train stations, radio and T.V. stations. This well help move tracked and wheeled units; it’ll also speed re-supply.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
50 000 troops on the border? This seems like bad things are happening. I hope nothing comes of it and we all learn to live in peace. I'm dreaming i know.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The article in the OP says that they have been amassing troops for two to three years now and now have 50,000 there. Since they have been building up the troops for the past two or three years, it doesn't mean they are about to attack.

Now if they put 50,000 troops there in the past few weeks, it might mean something. At this rate, in two to three more years, NK will have around 100,000 troops there, but it doesn't mean they will attack.

I think KimJongill is too scared to do anything stupid, at least until he is ready to turn over power to his son, then he might do something to give people something to remember him by....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think South Korea should secretly do something in retaliation for sinking their boat. N.K can't keep doing things and getting away with it. Sanctions are a lost cause in my opinion.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamspark

Originally posted by Vitchilo will China give the go ahead to go South because they think that the US wouldn't intervene because Obama is too weak? They could think that... since a lot of americans think that of Obama...

I actually think it is the US who needs a war desperately. Wondering whether the SK warship was sunken by US

IMHO that is the plan, either that or we will end up like Greece..

Tough choices... or , in the meantime, maybe there will be the 2nd coming...

The video of demonstrations from Greece today was not good.

The US Markets lost 1.3 Trillion dollars in value, today
Gold went up 30 dollars breaking 1200 for the 2nd time.to 1207
and the US Dollar was stronger..

-----------------

Acquiring physical gold or silver helps force governments to be honest.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by seataka]

[edit on 6-5-2010 by seataka]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
reply to post by UberL33t

One thing I don't understand though is why the MSM propaganda machine is still aimed squarely at Iran. North Korea just sunk a friendly warship and is massing troops on the border.

In the meantime Iran just went to the NPT to have a chat. But they're the evil ones? The North Koreans have nukes, are making hostile military actions, aren't engaged in diplomacy at all. And yet the powers that be are ignoring them?

It has been American policy for the last 40 years to completely ignore NK until we HAVE to pay attention to them.

Like someone said: They have Nukes, they are developing missiles, but our attention is focused on Iran (A sovereign nation whom we actually talk too).

It really is backwards policy and IT WILL shoot us in the back in the future.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't mean to take away from the point of this discussion and this is in no way an attempt to "debunk" the OP, but i just noticed this on the original news article and i found it a little odd :

The deployment began two or three years ago

Source

There's a pretty big chance I'm reading this wrong as I've just woken up (I say this as i rub crust from my eyes
). But to me this suggests it's nothing new, and doesn't seem in response to recent events.

Also I'm uninformed and actually know nothing about the sinking of this warship. When did this happen? is it possible they've been "preparing" to make a response for years? If they wanted to posture and place troops on the line wouldn't it look better if you massed and moved them all at once? I'm really just taking a poke in the dark here and perhaps someone who's more informed could put this info in a better light.

(Edited to use proper source quoting and general tidy up)

[edit on 6/5/2010 by noomy]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by belial259

The US is not at war with North Korea and never was. It was a UN action though yes, the US jumped to the front.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

How is it obvious? It could have been an accident, a mine, etc. Why would North Korea have done it and stopped? They would have kept on going.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join