It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation 16:3

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

Like I have said, I have no problem if people don't agree with my personal views. And just like you, I love it when people intelligently discuss it from BOTH sides when they know what they are talking about. However, I don't see how:

Originally posted by happygolucky
There came the OP and he poured out his vial into the thread, and there came ignorance and even more fodder, and every living soul on ATS was a little more dumb for it...

is intelligently discussing the topic about Revelations and the oil spill. Instead, (and forgive me if I am displaying blind ignorance) I merely see an attack on the original post. (Another great place for a facepalm)
If you can classify replacing the original post with insults towards the original poster as (oh I hate the cliche and over used motto) "denying ignorance", then perhaps it would be a good idea to open a new forum discussing what intelligence really is.

The poster wants to talk about the possible interpretation and application of Revelations 16:3, not the implication of him creating his own thread.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
reply to post by Moonman1111

"God hates them with perfect hate."
Ummm No. You don't know God. The hate in you is your own.

I think it is more likely God is sad for you, for being filled with a heart of darkness. Open your heart and mind and be filled with God's light. Then and only then will you come closer to the knowledge of God.

I like to think of me and God as being close as hes the only one who has every persons best interest at heart. I really have no hate except for the ghouls and even then its not even full blown hate but just an anger because I have seen some of their antics and it enrages me God has put up with them for thousands of years, if not longer. You seem to have sympathy for devils though, why is that?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Worshipping the statue of the beast - oh no, I just realized that could be the "dome of Isis" atop the white house and the * of Apollo which is the Washington pillar according to Tom Horn's interpretations of masonic symbols.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by pirhanna

"God hates them with perfect hate."
Ummm No. You don't know God. The hate in you is your own.

I think it is more likely God is sad for you, for being filled with a heart of darkness. Open your heart and mind and be filled with God's light. Then and only then will you come closer to the knowledge of God.

But God does hate. Open your heart and let the light of this truth set you free. You will only remain disillusioned if you dont understand this.

I don't understand...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Well...the thread is about the prophecy in Revelations and what could be considered by some to be my lossey goosey interpretation of the text buit it turned into a all out Christian brawl.

Anyhow maybe the verse refers to the oil spill if the first vial...a noisome sore could be interpreted as those who receive the mark...or symbol of the beast.

The symbol of the beast could be spiritual and simply the imprint of the illusion of money as opposed to the God given idea of wealth.

lol

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

I wrote a response in another thread relating to what the statue in my view is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

I understood where you (and the opening post) were heading. It's this:

But God does hate. Open your heart and let the light of this truth set you free. You will only remain disillusioned if you dont understand this.

That I don't understand.

[edit on 3/5/2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I totally believe it. For anyone who hasn't read ProtoplasmicTraveler's thread All Roads Lead to Rome I suggest you take a look at it and you'll see exactly why I believe this.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
if an oil spill like this had never happened before maybe i would get all religious, yet to give christians a break.. I can see the biblical purporting here. Yet sadly I think Big G left us a long time ago. yet I still pray. Not sure if Paul, really saw oil in the oceans, I think he could have described it a lil better... It is so vague in description that 16:3 could be as foley as dragons and wild mermaids spitting at us..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
The bible clearly states that it is like the BLOOD of a dead man, which is generally red.

and what if the nano bugs we use to eat
the oil is red ??? Would it not look
like blood on the sea ????

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
WOW! Another piece of revelations that is coming along.. So if this is the 2nd messenger, what was the first messenger, and what did he send? Was it the red fireball thingy?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
Not sure if Paul, really saw oil in the oceans, I think he could have described it a lil better... It is so vague in description that 16:3 could be as foley as dragons and wild mermaids spitting at us..

Paul did not write Revelations
John did

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Oxygen gives blood its redness....blood of a deadman looks purple black.

My Doc/friend was a ambulance driver so I heard all sorts of stuff I wish I nver would have heard.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I was posting in that thread too ... I just reread your post. You were mentioning about lions in churches representing something hellish, not heavenly.

Here's a take :

If one has an image of Mary then it is Mary who is venerated, just as much as an image of Jesus. Nowhere do we see this practice in the New Testament, but we do have many warnings about it. Nowhere does God approve of any type of worship toward objects that are even of Himself, neither the tabernacle which housed His presence, nor the ark which had the tablets, were to be worshipped. Yet these were some of the most sacred objects used toward God. Remember when Moses lifted up the Brazen altar in the wilderness for people to be healed by the bite of the serpents. Later when the Israelites entered the land of Canaan, they brought the bronze serpent with them and turned it into an idol. It was used until King Hezekiah finally destroyed it (2 Kings 18:4). We see that something that was used even by God can be turned into a superstitious idol.

This is why Paul stated that to worship an idol is pagan because behind every idol is a demon.
www.letusreason.org...

Catholics also explain this by stating that they worship the Spirit of God, not the statue however. I could still see this being misleading; I'm glad to not be in the position of deciding what to organize in a church setting. To be safer than sorry, I think spartan of statues is the better idea.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

thanks, I thought it was paul, imprisoned on the island, either way you get my drift..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The bible clearly states that it is like the BLOOD of a dead man, which is generally red. Although the oil spill could kill many animals in the sea, it won't be red.

The aerial views do show it to be reddish.

I do not think the malignant sore has appeared on the people with the mark of the beast yet,

The malignant sore is debt...it never goes away. The mark is that of a debt slave, perhaps.

I do not believe in these superstitions. I think all of this has been done before and I think it is all being orchestrated now.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
blood of a deadman looks purple black.

I believe John was referring to the blood
of a dead man pooling in a puddle outside
the body, like it puddles on the ground (bleeding).
Emphasis on dead man, meaning there is a LOT
of blood.

And it has contacted air by that time and is red

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

I dont want to sound harsh but you cant just randomly pick quotes out of the bible with no reference or context. The bowls are not literal they are figurative.

The bowls are the anger of god but if you read them in context they make more sense... so the second bowl does not literally mean that blood as of a dead man will kill everything in the sea.

the best interpretation i believe goes like this

Like the second trumpet blast, the bowl is directed against "the sea" (the seething rebelious mass of humanity alienated from god. In gods eyes this sea is like blood unfit for creatures to live in that is why christians try not to be part of the world. So the pouring of the second bowl to gods anger reveals that all of mankind who inhabit this sea are dead in gods eyes. Mankind is guilty of shedding innocent blood and when Gods day of anger arrives they will literally die at the hands of his executional forces.

It doesnt literally mean oil or blood! You cant just pick and choose quotes to fit in with current events however in the last days "god will ruin those ruining the earth" and we have never ruined the earth more then now so you can use that quote for the oil situation!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
In my humble opinion , I do not think man should ever ignore a religion, whether it be a Big G, or whatever, man will never be that big in this World, hence this reality, we have a Universe we do not understand, we have a science that henceforce's our ignorance to what we think we understand, so yet perhaps hope, and faith was not an accidental instinct given to man. I will say perhaps, we become at a time as this yet ignorant in what we think we understand when it comes to the reality that will live in at hand..

Sure I am sure, I am making no sense to ninety percent of the members.. Yet it is deep thoughts that ask for real answers.. religion perhaps is a deciphering tool, to the things that will more then likely remain unknown.. Hence faith, hence hope..
Not sure if the oil spill is the awakening thou.. yet it will be to late for us, when it is on our welcoming matt...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

If I can't fix it, I'll break it so no one else can.
we have had oil spills before. I personally do not think there is any link to what has happen in the gulf of mexico and Revelations. I do believe there will be a impact on the economy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join