It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation 16:3

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Revelation 16:3
3And the second messenger did pour out his vial to the sea, and there came blood as of one dead [black], and every living soul died in the sea.

Do you believe that this oil spill could be the above prophecy?

A little eerie to me!

But I guess, as the old adage goes, time will tell.

Other translations.

>
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
The second angel poured out his bowl into the sea, and it became blood like that of a dead man; and every living thing in the sea died.

King James Bible
And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

American King James Version
And the second angel poured out his vial on the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

American Standard Version
And the second poured out his bowl into the sea; and it became blood as of a dead man; and every living soul died, even the things that were in the sea.

Douay-Rheims Bible

[edit on 3-5-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Thank you for throwing in ALL translations...

Other translations.

There came the OP and he poured out his vial into the thread, and there came ignorance and even more fodder, and every living soul on ATS was a little more dumb for it...

A little eerie to me!

Indeed..!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You could suggest that idea, but personally I believe it is not. The bible clearly states that it is like the BLOOD of a dead man, which is generally red. Although the oil spill could kill many animals in the sea, it won't be red. However, many Christians have falsely interpreted the bible too literally and have tainted the word of God by doing so. I don't want to do the same, so it could be black for all I know.

However, this is the second angel we are talking about. This would assume the events coming from the first angel would of happened already in our past. I do not think the malignant sore has appeared on the people with the mark of the beast yet, nor do I even believe there exists a mark of the beast as of current!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

Dude, if the bible isn't your game, that's cool. But there's no need to troll. From now on:
+----------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS |
+----------+
| |
| |
.\|.||/..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

No blood jells, smells and turns black when dead.

second line

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111
Doubt it, an explosion on an oil rig and God's divine wrath are not the same. When God's wrath is poured, #ing freaks are gonna know it and they're going to #ing wish they never crossed the human race. They're going to take a beating so #ing hard, it's a one time event that will never happen again. God hates them with perfect hate. As all mankind will also learn to have for THEM. Mankind will learn to hate Satan and reptilians and all the other spiritual wicked retards. #ing worthless trash they are and I can't wait to watch them burn for eons myself.

Really? That's funny, I thought your God promoted love, not hate?

Just sayin'.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Just wondering what you would consider that post right above yours?

*Trolling*

Why not acknowledge it? Perhaps only that which doesn't meet with your beliefs are to be called out?

*Hmmm*

[edit on 3/5/2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Obviously you haven't encountered pure evil yet, then you would understand why God pours such wrath down. He is love and he will avenge those under the 5th seal which not only include those who died for the word of God, but for those who have had to have hard lives dealing with the #ing freaks and those who will not #ing bow to them or their ways. They will burn for all time in hell which is a scary and hard thought, but THEY deserve it and they're going to get it and receive it weither they like it or not and they know it and don't even care really. When you # with the human race you get #ed back harder.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Yes the first vial negates the second unless the Mark of the beast is spiritual and the noisome sore is a spiritual drive toward war.

Now that is a broad interpretation. lol

In other words the mark of the beast may be related to the love of money which is the root all evil and the economic collapse has created a "noisome sore " as those who have the spiritual drive toward the image of money..drive us into WW three.(money is nothing but printed symbols that we are indoctrinated with during our education)

>
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
So the first angel went and poured out his bowl on the earth; and it became a loathsome and malignant sore on the people who had the mark of the beast and who worshiped his image.

King James Bible
And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

American King James Version
And the first went, and poured out his vial on the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore on the men which had the mark of the beast, and on them which worshipped his image.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country

You could suggest that idea, but personally I believe it is not. The bible clearly states that it is like the BLOOD of a dead man, which is generally red. Although the oil spill could kill many animals in the sea, it won't be red. However, many Christians have falsely interpreted the bible too literally and have tainted the word of God by doing so. I don't want to do the same, so it could be black for all I know.

However, this is the second angel we are talking about. This would assume the events coming from the first angel would of happened already in our past. I do not think the malignant sore has appeared on the people with the mark of the beast yet, nor do I even believe there exists a mark of the beast as of current!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

OMG i wish people would stop piecemealing the bible. Please read the entire book before you drop a line from revelations. As For(Home)Country has pointed out here, there is alot that has to happen before said destruction of every living creature. Also if memory serves me correct abnd it does, there are 7 seals first, then 7 trumpets and then finally 7 vials. There are other passages that state that other horrible things will happen to the earths bodies of waters before this one. Its not the only one. How about the massive mountain on fire all ablaze destroying the ocean as well. or was it 1/3 of the ocean and ships as well. that comes first. Havent seen a massive fireball hit the ocean or the mark of the beast yet etc etc.

God i love you doomsday god fearing types who just cant wait for jesus to get here. I also want him to get here and put an end to all this crazyness.
That being said
Jesus come

LOL( this reply paid for by a non christian who seeks to deny ignorance)
FACE PALM!!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
A little overdone perhaps, but I too believe that God hates evil that much - and we are speaking of the day of wrath, the time when a righteous God sees fit to judge for all the past evils He and we have so patiently suffered.
Let's put this in the perspective of world evils : nanotech, bioweapons, mismanagement of collective monies, etc. and those who not only allow them, but craft them - ? I think it was a venting, not a trolling.

Romans 12:19-20 (KJV)
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

The heaping of the fires : For the future day of Wrath, if those people persist in their evils until such a time.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
A rough translation from WIKI

The Angels Pour Out Their Bowls on the Earth

1. Seven angels are given golden bowls containing of the wrath of God. (15:1-8)
2. First Bowl: A "foul and loathsome sore" afflicts the followers of the beast. (16:1-2)
3. Second Bowl: The sea turns to blood and everything within it dies. (16:3)
4. Third Bowl: All fresh water turns to blood. (16:4-7)
5. Fourth Bowl: The sun scorches the Earth with intense heat. (16:8-9)
6. Fifth Bowl: There is total darkness and great pain. (16:10-11)
7. Sixth Bowl: Preparations are made for the final battle between the forces of good and evil. (16:12-16)
8. Seventh Bowl: A great earthquake: "every island fled away and the mountains were not found." (16:17-21)

So IF your theory is true then it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Hmm?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Just wondering what you would consider that post right above yours?

*Trolling*

Why not acknowledge it? Perhaps only that which doesn't meet with your beliefs are to be called out?

*Hmmm*

[edit on 3/5/2010 by LadySkadi]

It has nothing to do with being in accord with my own personal beliefs. If a person wants to question or discredit my "religious" beliefs, by all means they have every right to. However, there is a difference between making an argument on the topic and insulting the poster because the poster doesn't line up with what they deem as "intelligent".

I wouldn't rush into a pro-choice abortion forum attacking to OP by saying something like "The OP is obviously a baby killer and wants to kill everyone on ATS as a result" because that's just stupid. It doesn't represent my opinion intelligently, nor does it address properly the issue being discussed.

ON TOPIC: God's wrath can be interpreted (correctly) as simply letting sin run its course. If you want to grasp at straws, one could say that our over consumption of oil was sinful in nature, and the oil spill was indeed a result of our own sin, and ultimately, God's "wrath".

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

Obviously you haven't encountered pure evil yet, then you would understand why God pours such wrath down.

You have no idea the evil I have seen my friend. No idea at all.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country

Dude, if the bible isn't your game, that's cool. But there's no need to troll. From now on:
+----------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS |
+----------+
| |
| |
.\|.||/..

I am just curious about something here. SO if you wish to deny the ignorance in a post your only allowed to deny it in so much as its something you agree with? I reply to religious posts all the time and regardless if i agree with them or not should not deny someone the right to share their opinion. I never understood this thing about trolls except that people do no tlike dissenting opinions from people who dont share their points of view. Religion is a topic i absolutely love to talk about......( wait for it)..........When its with people who know what the hell they are talking about. People who piecemeal the bible or any other religious text to make a point and do not look at the WHOLE picture or even the context of the book or other passages around the quoted text just infuriate me.

Personally i dont share this persons view either. I like to talk about the bible as a great topic of debate and i think it has soem great stuff in it. Just because i dont believe in it as divine doesnt mean it isnt great book or that i cant talk to christians about it. If that makes me a troll then by all means feed me. I love steak by the way.

Jeesh. facepalm x2 here

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

"God hates them with perfect hate."
Ummm No. You don't know God. The hate in you is your own.

I think it is more likely God is sad for you, for being filled with a heart of darkness. Open your heart and mind and be filled with God's light. Then and only then will you come closer to the knowledge of God.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

No worries brother...I would prefer that you are correct.

That we have nothing to worry about and all that oil will get cleaned up.

But the idea of the ocean being poisoned after the noisome sore of the first vial being the drive to war may fit...lets wait for the third vial.

...how about this for some doom...the oil seeps into our underground river systems and the fresh water gets polluted...third vial. lol

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I like the thread topic. It's fascinating to look at whether you have any inclination toward the bible or not. It does appear to me to match what this oil disaster could become if not fixed quickly. (and I don't know that they can fix it quickly, or at all really).

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

"God hates them with perfect hate."
Ummm No. You don't know God. The hate in you is your own.

I think it is more likely God is sad for you, for being filled with a heart of darkness. Open your heart and mind and be filled with God's light. Then and only then will you come closer to the knowledge of God.

But God does hate. Open your heart and let the light of this truth set you free. You will only remain disillusioned if you dont understand this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join