It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation 16:3

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven

...how about this for some doom...the oil seeps into our underground river systems and the fresh water gets polluted...third vial. lol

And due to the heavy oil slick, it will affect evaporation and cooling. The sea breezes will no longer blow with cooling moisture filled airs. The waters will be flat and stagnant. It will be like sunshine reflecting on a sea of asphalt. Probably no rain, as oil will coat the water and prevent the evaporation.

....fourth bowl. Scorched earth.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Revelations 8:7-8

I appreciate the corresponded meaning, and that could be a further derived meaning from them. What about something literal taking place, as well, since these are very literal statements. I wonder if we can take them as absolute signs on earth? I've always thought so.

(ah - referring to Celeb.K's post )

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
just to participate, I guess, where is the tribulation?

Our am I in the wrong denomination?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Bicent76
Not sure if Paul, really saw oil in the oceans, I think he could have described it a lil better... It is so vague in description that 16:3 could be as foley as dragons and wild mermaids spitting at us..

Paul did not write Revelations
John did

And its "Revelation"...there is no 's'

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
God isn't love, His son is. God is justice and righteousness and reserves the right to lay the smack down when He so chooses. It was His way until Jesus came into the picture.

Man at the coersion or influence of the fallen one will blow one well at a time, whereas God's prophesized angel will probably blow them all at once. If indeed it's oil that will turn the sea black, and not some pure force of destruction like the ur-Viles' vitriol from Stephen Donaldson's Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Revelations 8:7-8

I appreciate the corresponded meaning, and that could be a further derived meaning from them. What about something literal taking place, as well, since these are very literal statements. I wonder if we can take them as absolute signs on earth? I've always thought so.

(ah - referring to Celeb.K's post )

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Northwarden]

Ok i understand your point as they do sound literal but i will attempt to explain the meaning of the trumpets aswell in a figurative way!

So in the bible the word earth often refers to mankind, Since the second plague is on the sea, which has to do with mankind aswell the earth might mean the seemingly stable human society that satan has built up and is due to be destroyed. The plague scenario reveals that false religions third of the earth is scorched by the searing disapproval of god. False religions prominent ones- standing like trees in the midst of her- are burned up by the proclaiming of gods adverse judgment. All of her hundreds of of millions of supporters if they continue to support false religion will become scorched blades of grass, wilted in gods eyes!

However maybe these literal and figurative prophecies go hand in hand!
i however believe them to be figurative! I also believe we are living in the last days!

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Caleb.K]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
No, that's your god, not God. Your ethnocentric religious arrogance is disturbing.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hey, I was asking about it Pirannha! What's egocentric is to think we have all the answers already, and be sealed off from what interpretations God wants to reveal to people.

Thank you for your insights, they are appreciated

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

That's a pretty good take. Everything on our world has been manipulated though to the point all you can do is just worship the holy ghost and wait for good to rise up over evil once and for all.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Thanks Northwarden! But im not sure Piranha was commenting on my post but the one above it? the one above said that god is not a god of love? i dont think i said anything much different to standard interpretation except say that it was figurative! But thanks for being open minded! i too have often thought they may be literal

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111

That's a pretty good take. Everything on our world has been manipulated though to the point all you can do is just worship the holy ghost and wait for good to rise up over evil once and for all.

The Order of the Holy Spirit is another Illuminati group. I think they are pretty high up on the food chain. Look it up.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

What the hell is the order of the holy spirit? If that's some 'nwo group' then my case stands. They have twisted everything

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Alethea

What the hell is the order of the holy spirit? If that's some 'nwo group' then my case stands. They have twisted everything

It is a very very old Illuminati elite group.
en.wikipedia.org...

Also check out the Order of the Holy Ghost

(The Order in Rome gradually merged into the medical profession, though offshoots of the order in France survived into the 20th century.)

en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps the "ghost" refers to those who are dead or dying?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Alethea]

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Alethea]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

en.wikipedia.org...:Grand_Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_France_%26_Navarre.svg

Those beings in that picture have some strange face shapes and hair don't they? Anyways, I mean by holy ghost God's grand comfort and spirit of love, I also see it as a life line and conduit to God while we are stuck on this evil Satanic world.

Also, do you know what the symbol on the blue side of the shield means? I see it all the time on ties, bags/purses, etc etc and always found it annoying.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Moonman1111]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

That's how I feel much of the time too. We do our little parts where we can, and hope our neighbours will do the same for a saner world. it's good to understand what's going on at an arms length and so see above the clouds / not let ourselves get depressed over things. I find it important not to think of good and evil, immorality as a duality. There isn't really evil, there is an abscence of good-nature, and of God. That thought always keeps me afloat, among others.

Thanks Caleb - that does look like the case - my bad if so Piranha, and an apology. Correspondances are a big study, and it occurs to me that I should get studying the Word more than I have been of recent.

Alethea, I find the Illuminatii seem to have a mirror of anything that was considered sacred about Christianity in some way, in some form. For example, theosophy claims a "Master Jesus" in their doctrines; the satanic holidays in April exist as a mockery of religious holidays; I think quite a list could be put together with some thought. I haven't looked into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true with Islam, Buddhism, and other founded beliefs just for the sake of deceiving people into various aims. That gets right into mind control.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

God and Hate shoud never be used in the same sentence. The term "oxymoron", comes to mind.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Revelation needs to be read as a whole unit, if it's going to be read at all.

You're quoting the "second vial". If you compare the sequence of vials with the sequence of trumpets, you'll notice that the state of the sea under the second vial is actually a deterioration of the state of the sea under the"second trumpet".

Anyway, my own personal opinion, which I've been bringing out in my own various Revelation threads,is that we haven't even seen the "Four Horsemen" yet.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

'I find it important not to think of good and evil, immorality as a duality. There isn't really evil, there is an abscence of good-nature, and of God.'

I like that, good way of looking at it.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Moonman - Here's what I came across the other day ... Why science fails to explain God. It's neither heavy or overlong, a memorable look at duality.

www.ummah.com...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

Doubt it, an explosion on an oil rig and God's divine wrath are not the same. When God's wrath is poured, #ing freaks are gonna know it and they're going to #ing wish they never crossed the human race. They're going to take a beating so #ing hard, it's a one time event that will never happen again. God hates them with perfect hate. As all mankind will also learn to have for THEM. Mankind will learn to hate Satan and reptilians and all the other spiritual wicked retards. #ing worthless trash they are and I can't wait to watch them burn for eons myself.

Really? That's funny, I thought your God promoted love, not hate?

Just sayin'.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Really ? That's funny, Why would he create Hell and send people in it, then ?

Just sayin'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join