It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

It's not SETI she works for but SETI@home. She is number 956 on a list of people who have their calculations/stats recorded:

AWESOME!

Can't any kid with an X-Box get on that? I don't think you have to have any type of scientific background, you only have to agree to let them borrow your processor during certain hours.

Maybe I should join this and put it on my resume!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unium

Judy F... See Moreältskog commented on her status: "Wayne, it would seem as if this signal is not perse directed at us as a Species, but that we are now listening in on a Interstellar communication between civilisations on the Target stars I had mentioned. Only +- 1% of the signal seems modulated and the rest seems to be an advance Binary code of sorts. There are so many subcarriers budled into this signal. I dont think we have the technology on our planet at present to do this form of communication at this frequencies. We have still not reached any results, far from it. However I can say with confidence it is not Local, but definitely an Intelligence from beyond our Solar System. Wonder why SETI USA has not commented on anything yet. We are going to Stealth mode from now on, however I will keep you posted. "

Uh-oh. Ol' Judy has just violated O'Bedlam's rule-of-thumb for Internet Schiz Detection.

Note how she's repeatedly capitalizing common nouns - Species, Interstellar, Target, Binary, System, Stealth, Local.

It's my observation that the more schizophrenic the poster, the more erratic capitalization you'll see. Seven in a paragraph is a bad sign.

I won't even get started on the obvious technical errors she made in that quote, but let's say it's obvious she's not a radio comm person, she's pulling words from her Radio Shack "My Big Book of Technical Terms".

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mackblack27

I just got back from outside, no satellites but it's a clear night and Venus is very bright. I only usually see satellites after 2am.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Arkady]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well according to hawking we should avoid aliens at all cost! For all we know they could have laser beams and stuff.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Riposte

I would imagine that anyone working for NASA, who leaks findings that are, supposedly, being deemed the highest order of secrecy, on facebook, would be out of work by the morning.

Of course, I'm not sure she works for nasa and this so far smells like an attempt to garner attention for a book and a radio show.

When they target the 4th star from Crakeuria, I'll start taking them more serious.

I thought Brittany Spears was targeted years ago...maybe it's the wrong Crakarea

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Haha ! Yes, somewhere in Teletubbie land, Tinky Winky is putting on the kettle as Judy carefully deciphers ( with the help of the New Oxford Dictionnary) '' Radio communication for Dum Dums : What does it mean ? ''.

Ah, the wonders of this mysterious and elusive Judy. Maybe '' stealth mode '' means '' I won't be back for a little bit, off to buy a curry ''.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
hey man, long as a civilisation becomes advanced enough for nukes, no-one #'s with them lol.

Im looking at the sky mate, i live in the UK, can't see any satelittes thus far part ile keep an eye open 4 ya ; )

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
googling "Judy Fältskog" this ats thread is the 5th on the list. At this rate, this thread will be the most popular result on her name.

All she has done so far has associate herself with more ufo sites.

This is also her website. I agree with her one liner.

mictlanradio.hi5.com...

Some people think that I assume the world revolves around me, what utter nonsense! It revolves around the sun, which shines out of my arse.

Also says:

Looking To
Date Men

Anyone interested in a 45 yr old crazy woman.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

ha you really think nukes are the biggest and baddest toys on the block, do ya? wow, we are so advanced with our what, couple thousand years of technology.... how old is the universe again?

and you think an intelligent civilization would be at the same evolutionary point as us.... HA!, highly highly unlikely my friend

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
no dude, of course i don't think that, of course bigger and better weapons could potentially exist, anti-matter weaponary for a start, the annihilation of matter creating exponential ammount's of energy.

Im simply saying, if someone has an anti-matter bomb and we got the nukes, nobodys coming out alive, it's weaponry on to large a scale, it's not practical warefare.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
It's not SETI she works for but SETI@home. She is number 956 on a list of people who have their calculations/stats recorded:

I'd bet she doesn't so much work for SAH as much as she just downloaded their software and let it use some of her CPU cycles. Back before we became a restricted access facility and got a SCIF we used to have our servers running SAH and FAH all the time, we were always in the top 100, but our Evil Overseer frowns on that, now all we have is the honeypot system running SAH.

A hint - if you want to kick ass at SAH scores, get a system with a lot of ATI 4890 graphics cards in it, and run the Stream version of SAH; a 4890 graphics card can chow down on floating point calculations at nearly 2 teraflops/sec !

We've got a vector processor system here with a wad of PCI-E slots (definitely not off the shelf) that is stuffed with ATI's specialty Stream cards that does nothing but number crunching, we run simulations on it, it's like a frickin' supercomputer.

ps - all you've got to do to get on that same list is go here, download the sw, and you're in

edit: Our honeypot system has two 4890's in, we're now a member of Team NASA Ames, and between the two stock 4890's it's pulling down about 2.6 teraflops of computational power for SAH right now

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by cosmicpixie_________________________________________
Folks... this is still inside information from Judy Fältskog at NASA and it has not gone public yet due to the magnitude of the findings!

Well it's public now, if you weren't aware, by posting this.

The sentence you quoted me as saying is NOT something I said, it was the last in a list of comments made by WAYNE at his FB thread. I can see why you'd think it was me as it was the last thing I wrote so looks like my conclusion but they weren't my words....

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If she's working at NASA ames, as this link suggests:

setiathome.berkeley.edu...

en.wikipedia.org...

Ames operates one of the world′s fastest supercomputers, Pleiades, which will be further enhanced and is scheduled to reach 10 petaflops of processing power by 2012.

In September 2009, Ames launched NEBULA as a fast and powerful Cloud Computing Platform to handle NASA's massive data sets that complied with security requirements.[5] This innovative pilot uses open-source components, complies with FISMA and can scale to Government-sized demands while being extremely energy efficient.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Apparently her facebook is being hacked and messed with as we speak?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

ps - all you've got to do to get on that same list is go here, download the sw, and you're in

You're right, but her team is called NASA Ames, and check my last post and you'll see that the Ames research centre has supercomputers that I expect would be involved in analysing stuff like SETI.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mackblack27
reply to post by john124

hi ya im just looking for some validation . could you go outside and look at the stars im seeing a lot of "satalites" tonight and just want someone else to see it too

Which direction... east? west?....

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You could always check her highly scientific twitter.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueEyes
You could always check her highly scientific twitter.

Doesn't look like she uses the net for much else but her ufo hobbies. Except facebook it seems... or not.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueEyes

HAAAA !! Her twitter name is very um.... scientific and just REAKS of quantum physics... '' Vampirebat ''.

Sophie+Ellis+Bextor+%26+Freemasons-Heartbreak+Make+M http://(link tracking not allowed)/ar1fw1

At least we know what music she likes....

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by Bedlam

You're right, but her team is called NASA Ames, and check my last post and you'll see that the Ames research centre has supercomputers that I expect would be involved in analysing stuff like SETI.

At one time way back when SAH was just getting started, we were on Team Art Bell before we made our own. It may be that NASA Ames lets anyone join, is she supposedly employed there?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join