It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I was wondering about the UV statement too.. So I thought lasers or Gamma rays..

And I found this from 2005

Deep-Ultraviolet Quantum Interference Metrology with Ultrashort Laser Pulses Stefan Witte,* Roel Th. Zinkstok,* Wim Ubachs, Wim Hogervorst, Kjeld S. E. Eikema[dagger] Precision spectroscopy at ultraviolet and shorter wavelengths has been hindered by the poor access of narrow-band lasers to that spectral region. We demonstrate high-accuracy quantum interference metrology on atomic transitions with the use of an amplified train of phase-controlled pulses from a femtosecond frequency comb laser. The peak power of these pulses allows for efficient harmonic upconversion, paving the way for extension of frequency comb metrology in atoms and ions to the extreme ultraviolet and soft x-ray spectral regions. A proof-of-principle experiment was performed on a deep-ultraviolet (2 x 212.55 nanometers) two-photon transition in krypton; relative to measurement with single nanosecond laser pulses, the accuracy of the absolute transition frequency and isotope shifts was improved by more than an order of magnitude. Laser Centre, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1081, 1081 HV Amsterdam, Netherlands.

LINK

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Haha ! Must be us ATS user's flooding his message box.. Actually, i haven't sent any message to him yet. Scratch that idea

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
she might be Agnetha's sister.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
come on ppl do something, i want to tune up for the final of the Proxima Centauri World cup

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Unium

That page has become annoying! They need mods there lol. Some guy keeps talking about the Sphinx. OFF TOPIC!!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The problem with things like this, is the agenda of NASA doesn't really have room for single researchers going public with their findings. It has to be cleared by all the top people before it's released as an official NASA finding. That's why you hear things from inside NASA about life on Mars announcements or whatnot, which are later dismissed in a press release. Most of the scientists are very naive about how things work, and only discover its true nature when they find something meaningful which goes against the established stances.

You can probably expect another hour long lecture disguised as a press announcement about how unlikely life is elsewhere in the universe, and how impossible it will be to find as a response to this. Then it'll be business as usual for NASA.

What gives me hope is that so many other countries are also listening in, but the conspiracy to keep us thinking we're alone is already pretty far reaching.

If it does turn out to be big official news, i'd still be suspicious after what Stephen Hawking said just last week. This could be the first step in a long performance. Really wish i could trust you NASA.

link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

Judy runs BOINC@HOME and SETI@HOME and other such applications. I'm afraid that is the limit of her association with NASA. In her web pages, she
a) calls herself a "quantum physicist", which is a qualification I never heard of in my professional life in science
b) posts texts and pictures related to Wiccan rituals

...and frankly, all of the above reeks of New Age. It is impossible to have a career with NASA and not have publications in refereed journals. It is quite possible, however, to present yourself as one while pursuing a keen interest in alien abductions and magic crystals.

Im a bit not swallowing this.every.post with a link that takes you to a site which pedals crap, now now my opinion its about traffic.

link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Crakeur,
I don't place my employment information on FB or any other site. (Although I do mention it here more than I probably should.)

She is more than likely a contracted worker for NASA. She isn't on NASA's payroll, but she works for some organization that contracts with NASA to do project work. Here in Florida, we have way more contracted employees than we do actual state employees. My friends in Federal Positions such as the FBI have similar scenarios. They don't put their FBI affiliation on FB of course, and often times they are not actually working for FBI at all. They may be Highway Patrol, or private individuals contracted for specific events or investigations.

I suspect this is the case with this woman, however I also believe her story is some type of fabrication or misinterpretation. As the other posters have said. UV signals don't typically penetrate the atmosphere, they would not be detected from ground based systems, and they would not be deteced from radio arrays such a SETI. SETI seems to be this womans fortay, so it doesn't make sense?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Galactic Federation of Light anybody? Still, it's a shame that scientists have to be the ones to open the eyes of the skeptic masses.

Soon you will all scientifically realize that their are beings all over this planet in orbit, in atmosphere and on the surface. In all light spectrum's and densities.

This is a wander full time to be alive. Religious folk and non-spiritual folks, might have a challenge to mentally negotiate this reality, but those who have visited the higher dimensions in their conscience have known about this for quite some time. Nice to see progress being made in the 3D realm, and eyes are starting to look upwards again.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I know ! For something so major for a person with 4000+ friends it just makes me want to scream for people being off topic
( a bit like this reply ! haha )

Aaah, the wonders of Interstellar contact and what-nots.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unium
Wayne's latest reply on his facebook status ( here :

@Vicky... Come on Vicky no need to get snotty about it... Judy is who she is and we dont need to prove anything until it is official. They are obviously using more than radio telescopes in the full analysis! This is all unofficial for now and we will need to wait until it is processed.

Other things apart from radio telescopes are being used in the full analysis..

I hope so much for this to be true... but saying that, who posts such sensitive could-be-life-changing news on their.... wait for it.... facebook profile ? ( wouldn't that be censored of something ? )

Mm...

[edit on 3/5/2010 by Unium]

Yeah, and you know, all these r-t sites are also fully decked out with UV optical telescopes that can see Proxima below the horizon, and can receive UV-A to UV-C signals during the day. And on top of that, they're also equipped with communications receivers for far UV optical signals that can pick out "harmonics and sub-harmonics" of the signal - which would require a real time optical spectrum analyzer for far UV. Yeah, makes sense, I'm sure all the r-t installations have that sort of thing laying around.

(rolls eyes)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Google the following :

Judy Faltskog, NASA

3rd result down is THE AENSTREAM REALM, the name of her Windows Live personal page/blog. I only managed to read a snippet of her personal statement before my PC jammed and I had to re-boot.....having alot of PC trouble and same thing happened when I tried to access the page after rebooting

Anyway she says she works on the SETI project...which does tie in with what some others have linked her to from their own little searches....could someone be so kind as to access her webpage and copy and paste what she says about herself as my PC just freezes when I try to load her page...thanks

PS) could you also give the link to her page

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
If this turns out to be a hoax, which it looks like it will, I'm going to be angry. There are people in this world truly dedicated to finding signs of extraterrestrial life which in my estimation is an endeavor more worthy of praise then 90% of what everyone else does on this miserable little planet. All a hoax does is demean their work and politically set them back decades.

I second you on that .

[edit on 5/3/2010 by dashar]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Wooooooooah, too much physics stuff going on there ( being a law student after doing French litterature for 2 years, i'm not to good at science). But I too roll my eyes in distaste at Wayne's unorthodox Whistleblowing techniques and information mismatching.

But hey, who DOESN'T like facebook ? Next time i find some irregular cornflake not regulated by cereal manufacturers, i'll post it on facebook and see if i can beat the corporate scum. *laughs*.

Edited for very bad spelling

[edit on 3/5/2010 by Unium]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
could this telescope be used ?-link~science.nasa.gov...

sorry if im way of target,

regards

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
Soon you will all scientifically realize that their are beings all over this planet in orbit, in atmosphere and on the surface. In all light spectrum's and densities.

Hey, here's you something to consider. An object that only reflects non-visible light wavelengths appears...flat black. Not invisible.

Oh, and "densities" doesn't mean "alternate planes", it generally indicates a concentration, for materials it's a mass per unit volume, for EM flux it's a flux line per unit area sort of thing.

I do agree there are beings on the surface, in the air, and in orbit: people do get around.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent
could this telescope be used ?

I don't think so, that one's targeted for IR, not UV. At any rate, you'll note they don't call it a radio telescope, because it isn't.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This thread is highly amusing. Even if we assume that the highly detailed gibberish about radio-telescopes receiving ultra-violet signals is some sort of misunderstanding or garbled translation from Afrikaaner or Swedish, and overlook this quantum physicist's dubious background and credentials, there rests the question of the key point of the announcement: what makes them think these signals are intelligent? Did they plug their flat screen TV into the output channel of the telescope and start receiving Proxima Centauran Idol? Are they unnaturally regular? Unnaturally irregular, or what? My hunch is that, once again, the fringe is sullying the waters for serious investigators.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

3rd result down is THE AENSTREAM REALM, the name of her Windows Live personal page/blog.

Yeah, I dunno, someone who has a page dedicated to their abduction to "Aenstrea" somehow doesn't enhance my belief in their already questionable statements.

sidenote: Wow, Google already has your post indexed. What's up with THAT?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent
could this telescope be used ?

I don't think so, that one's targeted for IR, not UV. At any rate, you'll note they don't call it a radio telescope, because it isn't.

My bad,a little bit of reading and i could have answered that myself,

im on the fence myself.

regards

[edit on 02/05/10 by FeatheredSerpent]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join