It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

I agree. Time indeed will tell. And the more time that passes, your stance seems to be proven more and more correct. The premature smearing that remains so prevalant on these boards is aggravating. That's my only point.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by akira131
exciting if true. maybe they can save us from ourselves.
they probly took one look at the Gulf and slammed their fist on the big red EXTINGUISH button. maybe theyre trying to save earth from us?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by john124

I said "Hello i am inquiring about a alleged radio sig-" then he interrupted me

He could of been closing up though for all i know. or doing late night research

Or perhaps that was the 100th call he answered asking the same crap in the last two hours

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
If, as this lady is suggesting, other observatories are verifying the signal then in all likelihood, surely we should expect an announcement of some sort within the next 48 hours? At the very latest, by the weekend.

If this is true then that many people involved in the process can't all keep quiet for much longer than that.

I'll hold my breath til then, but no longer than the weekend...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Hahahahahahaha i find this amusing that this signal whatever it is appears 2 days before disclosure is supposed to happen.

Coincidence maybe who the hell knows.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by thomas_
Until this hits the mainstream media I won't be paying any more attention to this.

Haha, yeah that's a great idea. You'll also be glad to know that the mainstream media is reporting that the recession is over!

And?

I didn't said I trust mainstream media, but still I rather believe on BBC, CNN or any of those than a Facebook page of guy that happens to sell cheap books that is allegedly relaying information from a dubious source which the only pages on the internet about her are either usual cheap ET talk or about her sexuality and past problems with the law.

Sorry, until something solid is presented I consider this to be a simply a not so elaborate viral hoax to indirectly market cheap books and create a story to be sold in a near future.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Untergang

I get it believe me. It's an unfortunate knee jerk response - no doubt, but one cultivated and fertilised by the plethora of hoaxes and threads like this one that promise some ethereal form of 'disclosure' or 'major event' that consistantly fails to materialise.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by On the level

I'd like to ask the OP a few questions?, did this FB friend of yours know you were a member on ATS? More so are his so called friends on FB the type that would frequent such forums as these? If so, then I think you were used as a puppet, perhaps unbeknown to you, as a method to exploit his book.

hmmmm..... 'exploit'... and hows that?

he is my friend on facebook too.... so?

hidden records?

so... how would you categorize me based on those 3 lines

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Real astronomers use co-ordinates to designate stars by positions. Star NAMES like:

Aldeberan in Taurus is one...

Epsilon Eridany,

Izar (Epsilon Bootes), ... See More

Thuban (Alpha Draconis),

Proxima Centauri

Are meaningless!

(There are "billions and billions" of stars out there folks. You can't NAME them all!)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It seems this one has sparked interest in quite a few of us, unfortunately not every Tom, Dick & Harry is an expert in astrophysics & radio astronomy so for the benefit of those of us who aren’t versed in astrophysics, radio astronomy etc I think more needs to be said.

If you are going to be claiming advanced or even intermediate knowledge on this subject can you too provide credentials and sources? This needs to be proved or disproved using a series of verifiable “truths” not just “trust me I’m a scientist, leave the techno-babble to me.”

Remain Vigilant

[edit on 3-5-2010 by bonsaisert]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
SO if its just seti at home .
how do you get loads of men walking in corridors with need to know clearance ,and above need to know or cosmic stage 90 above or whatever ,seti at home is on a home pc ,YES, i did it for a while till they changed to the new bionics software

Know cia ,fbi,mi6 how would she know

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Does anyone know the frequency or frequencies as well as the coordinates? I'm in the North East and would like to open my ears, however limited my hearing.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Atlantican]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by manbird12000
reply to post by Bedlam

The object you describe, reminds me of the object in 2001:A Space Odyssey.

Sorry to have lost the thread here, which object is it you're referring to?

The black monoliths that were non reflecting.

On second thought..they did reflect..

[edit on 3-5-2010 by manbird12000]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Does anyone know the frequency or frequencies as well as the coordinates? I'm in the North East and would like to open my ears, however limited my hearing.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Atlantican]

That's a good question, and unfortunately, her statements indicated that it's the frequency of ultraviolet light, which was the first warning bell of bovine fecal matter.

At any rate, you couldn't hear it, since it's not sound. Unless you meant "ears" as in HAM lingo for radio.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by manbird12000

The black monoliths that were non reflecting.

Yeah, I picked that up a minute or two back, sorry. I'm doing a bunch of thermal simulations and flipping back and forth to ATS, I think my head is full.

(oddly, adding pins to this heat sink appears to be making it worse, very confusing)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The frequencies mentioned are:-

All @ 212.55 nanometers, peaking @ 400.11 nanometers

Around the frequency of lasers and gamma rays (if I'm reading it right).

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot
The frequencies mentioned are:-

All @ 212.55 nanometers, peaking @ 400.11 nanometers

Around the frequency of lasers and gamma rays (if I'm reading it right).

Nope. Actually, lasers can have frequencies from gamma to radio, so you can't really say "the frequency of lasers".

Gamma rays, on the other hand, are pretty well defined and are way shorter than 200 nm, the frequency band cited is UV-C to the hairy edge of visible violet.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
wHAT THE DAMNED signal say anyway!!

Thats what I wanna know! sheesh!!

The signal probly instructs: 'how to build an interstellar flying saucer'. So of course... NASA will ignore it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I find that this is pretty much a moot point. Seti has not been a part of NASA for years, as the program was cut and removed from that part of NASA and is now under the control of UC Berkley. I do know that part of the protocals is to get verification from different arrays and then if it is proven to be extraterristerial in nature, it is to be released immediately to the public.
The other problem with this is that Aracebo has a very limited search range as it is stationary and can not scan the entire sky, so any signal that may be detected has to be within that range.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

how would you categorize me

I won't, since I'm such a "Bully" I wouldn't want anyone else to get butt-hurt. I am going to just observe the thread from this point until there is viable proof that this is in fact a concrete event. If and when that time comes, I will contribute accordingly to the thread.

I have made the points that I felt needed to be made and I will stick with them regardless of how this plays out. My previous posts were based upon what I felt was the most probable of the two scenarios (real or hoax) given the information provided thus far by all the contributors of this thread.

The Hoax scenario IMO is still the most prevalent scenario.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join