It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have not been on for months. For the reasons seen here. No time for the back and forth, comments, rants.

Check the facts, look for other sources and thats all we can do. Although I will more likely see it here before CNN, I will get it from other sources better placed within the community if true.

I don't see enough corroborative facts to get excited. If it's a lame false-flag test of our gullibility it will be interesting to find sources and identify methods. I will wait for better data in any case.

Who knows. It is going to happen somewhere soon. If true here, you have a scoop.

ZG

[edit on 5/3/2010 by ZeroGhost]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
She probably deleted her FB page because she has gotten bombarded with friend requests and messages about this event and deleted her twitter because of @ replies that she has gotten that were probably threatening or whatever from crazy people.

Who knows, but for all the people wanting "Disclosure" the only way that is going to happen is when a scene out of Independence day happens. The governments of the world don't want people trying to communicate with them.

So just relax.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by Unium

I have to admit on his FB page he even started plugging his book..

and he also is unsur eif she is getting this from multiple soruces or theya re working through fresh raw data

He plugs his book alot, that's nothing unusual

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

-Wayne Herschel-
I am more concerned for her circumstances since her FB account is missing ... her other accounts are missing and her email is unanswered.

Judy has been an expert on some material that only an expert could portray. She is also very open about the importance of letting the truth out before it is stopped or censored.

Her friends are now very concerned and so am I.... See More

Consider this ... if all radio telescopes around the world are set up as claims are made from a source radio telescope wanting verification, they will all be tuning into a target star. And if a 'never heard before' sound or data pattern is incoming, imagine how difficult it would be to cover up in the astronomer scholar network.

This could be the case and Judy being Judy told friends who are interested in this crazy 'new' signal ... which I will be investigating with astronomers in the morning. Need to sleep now... its 2 am.
6 minutes ago

A ufo writer investigating with astronomers?!

Judy's friends are worried?!

UV, now radio??!

If she was talking "expert" physics with a non-physics expert, then how would he know whether she was making it up or not. Getting sillier by the minute.

I agree, time for sleep. LOL

[edit on 3-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady

Originally posted by Untergang
reply to post by Arkady

Then you should reconsider your dependancy on the world wide web for information.

What exactly suggests to you that I depend on the world wide web for information?
If you were to make similar claims on the world wide web whilst providing no data for scrutiny and relying upon unverifiable credentials and professional experience to carry the weight of your wild story then yes - that would almost certainly make you a quack or a hoaxer.
In my experience, if somebody makes ridiculous statements like these on the internet it is usually possible to use that same medium to determine the truth of the claims.
If not, then there are plenty of ways to verify information beyond the internet.
Don't get defensive, I'm not actually accusing you of being a quack.
Your claims of "unverifiable credentials and professional experience", in this particular instance, are obviously based upon your world wide web searches. Which may very well be faulty investigating on your part.

I don't feel offended so I don't feel I'm being defensive, either.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

some stranger on the net but I still get p'd if someone is accusing me of something I have nothing to do with

May I remind you the forum you're posting in...it's ATS and allow me to remind you of the motto in case you missed it along the way

Deny Ignorance!!

Take a few deep breaths, realize you're going to get these types of responses to a claim as big as this, and for the love of all that is good in the world, check your emotions at the door.

Agreed?

Edit to add:

reply to post by cosmicpixie

OOooh, I've made the accusers foe list after I put him on ignore.

I have "foe'd" no one, my profile will be evidence of that.

[edit on 5/3/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

so jack parsons designed solid rocket fuel, headed up Jet Propulsion Laboratories and was a member of the OTO.
what's the point of mentioning her religion? shall we start mentioning people's bank accounts, blood type, hair color? Maybe she leaves the cap off the toothpaste or farts at the table.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i could not agree more

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Untergang

Your claims of "unverifiable credentials and professional experience", in this particular instance, are obviously based upon your world wide web searches. Which may very well be faulty investigating on your part.

Time will tell.

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I said "Hello i am inquiring about a alleged radio sig-" then he interrupted me

He could of been closing up though for all i know. or doing late night research

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Live page has photo taken down.

She also has this page still up with pics: operationufonetwork.ning.com...

6 months since her last msg on that blog.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
wHAT THE DAMNED signal say anyway!!

Thats what I wanna know! sheesh!!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by john124

I said "Hello i am inquiring about a alleged radio sig-" then he interrupted me

He could of been closing up though for all i know. or doing late night research

Probably get MI6 parked outside your house tomorrow morning. "Sir, did you phone jodrell bank late last night..... come with us now sir!".

Seriously though, I'm sure there are lots of mundane explanations for his behaviour.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
His facebook page having interesting theories put forward:

Lyndon D. Scott
I sense this is merely a prelude to Total Disclosure. I strongly sensed this about 3 nights ago, as well. I also sense that all hell is about to break loose in the Middle East, especially over the issue of Iran's nuclear weapons. Suddenly, from out of nowhere, an "extraterrestrial" will have a solution to the middle east crisis. All of this is ... See Moremerely being staged and set up, by the powers which be (TPTB). They've already known about this crisis since Roswell and the initial formation of the Majestic 12 (13th Pindar family is unknown). It all seems to be such perfect timing to the next part of the N.W.O. Agenda

The Iranian's would call the aliens the 13th immam returning as the mahdi to save them from the zionists....

[edit on 3-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

More power to you!

However, I firmly believe that this thread (as other posters have mentioned) has the signs of being an elaborate way for this author to exploit this book of his.

I'd like to ask the OP a few questions?, did this FB friend of yours know you were a member on ATS? More so are his so called friends on FB the type that would frequent such forums as these? If so, then I think you were used as a puppet, perhaps unbeknown to you, as a method to exploit his book.

If not, then I think it was a lucky coincidence that you were a member of ATS and inadvertently brought that much more attention to his book exploits. All of which is speculative. But as I've followed the thread, and weighed the two probabilities based on other posters input. This is the most probable outcome of the two IMO.

[edit on 5/3/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
My reasoning for being skeptical is I do not think there would be a "code".

I think alien signals would be communications signals we accidentally drop in on.

So I do not think it would require any "decoding", as I think it would only require the correct technology to Receive it.

Also since I have seen UFOs on Earth do weird stuff, I am led to believe their communications signals permeate all around us, obviously. The problem is that we are not "Tuning In" to the correct "Channel".

Due to these common sense inconsistencies, I find the original story to be implausible and highly unlikely.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I call shenanigans! The author is getting publicity for his book.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
those 13 pages of discussion prove that that woman gets attention before her book is released. Nice commercial ad. really.

by the way Judie Foster called

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lunchboxjunkie

i think he is REALLY trying to get his landscape business going...note he is an author AND landscaper

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join