It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke Admits Printing $1.3 Trillion Out Of Thin Air

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pappie54
He did the right thing, it was his job and he did it. What did you expect to happen? Thank God he had the ability to do it…

Is that sarcasm? I hope it is.

Are you sincerely saying that Bernanke perpetrating a fraud is noble? Are you really taking the position that lying and deceit are the right way to run things? Are you so credulous that you are in favor of someone putting the nation’s future at stake is justified because it was “his job”?!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If you're shocked, then clearly you haven't read Ben's "we have this thing called a printing press" speech.

www.federalreserve.gov...

EDIT: wow talk about rambling. So what is your question Paul?

[edit on 2-5-2010 by scwizard]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm not keeping up with the fed i thought there was going to be an audit??? or are they going to cook the books before an audit gets the go?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

He did not do it for the benefit of you and all the other "little" people. But as long as you believe that, then at leat you can sleep well at night, at least a little while longer.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That's a lot of money. Good thing the entire world runs on fiat money so that it really doesn't matter anymore when we inflate our dollar.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It sickens me to think this looser was named Time's person of the year for 2009. TIME

The story of the year was a weak economy that could have been much, much weaker. How the mild-mannered man who runs the Federal Reserve prevented an economic catastrophe Read More » Read more: www.time.com...

Ya ...he prevented it alright..

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I bet that money is going to the D.U.M.B.s that they are building. They are needing more money for their quality of life after the deluge. I don't think my post is off topic because that is what they are probably using the money for.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There is no need for an audit... Everyone should be able to see how they have no respect for the middle class man by doing this.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
Good article and video. Thanks for posting.

I have really felt uneasy about depositing money lately.

I just want to buy some physical gold and sit for a while, but of course the fam says thats stupid...

We'll see how it all shakes down soon enough.

Star and Flag.

I have been updating this thread about the precious metals manipulation, especially gold:
Gold Rush 21 (Documentary)

The article you posted mentioned the rise of gold price, and sooner or later enough people are going to find out that the reserves are damn near empty in places like Fort Knox. What happens then is what the documentary is about, from the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee.

The buying of physical silver and gold helps make government more honest, as if to hold their feet to the fire....

Star and Flag

Surfing on the event horizon of the apocalypse since 1992

Surf's up!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Geese's this guy just admitted that they print money out of thin air. And if their printed money/loan is not payed back. They will confiscate to cover the loses.

What this guy is basically saying, is that they own everything. And we have to barrow from them.

But you have to admit. We are the fools in this game. And they use our stupidity for what it is worth, as long as it works.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

The buying of physical silver and gold helps make government more honest, as if to hold their feet to the fire....

Star and Flag

Surfing on the event horizon of the apocalypse since 1992

Surf's up!

Problem with gold and silver backed economies are numerous. Namely the inflation and deflation of gold is actually more volatile than the fiat based economy. This rapid inflation and deflation is actually one of the major causes of the Great Depression, and like it or not, what Bernake did is agreed to be by most economists, and relatively proven in the last 100 years, to be the best solution to recession. The "bank" can handle inflation of money as long as it's gradual, and a quick increase and distribution of money has been seen to work as a good solution to recessions, as the recession is over before the money fully inflates.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

So what.....what are you or anyone going to do about it, write a blog?....It doesnt matter who admits what, we lose they win...period.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Wow, money out of thin air. As Paul said this country is already broke, what are we going to do when our money handlers are creating money out of thin air and bailing out foreign counties, yet they are not interested in bailing out California? I guess there's nothing in it for them. Let the Fed continue doing what they are doing, because their house of cards will come down eventually and I hope we get to see some accountability by then. We can always eat the rich.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by impressme]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
where else does money come from. it's not a natural resource. its not a representation of gold, which is limited. it costs the same to print a 100 dollar bill as it does a 1 dollar bill. 1200 dollars does not equal 1 ounce of gold, it costs 1200 dollars to buy an ounce of gold which is a big difference. how can the government owe itself money, when it has the ability to print money to cover its debt. the whole system is designed to keep you working with set wages. i'd say besides farmers 90% of jobs are pointless and serve no indispensable function to society. the government can easily send a check for 5,000 dollars a month to every citizen with a few simple laws and it will not destroy the economy only the elitest class. which happens to run the country. but then many people will not be motivated to do anything. a simple solution would be to give this money to employed people as a bonus.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Geez.
Why not just print out several more Trillion dollars and pay off the national debt?

Never going to happen. That's exactly how they have defacto total control over us. They are the clearinghouse that houses our debt. They can control us using nothing more then the debt we hold as we have more debt in equity and capitol held by interests outside of this nation without having our Nation's best interest as a whole at heart just their own profit margin. This cycle will continue time and time again you can set your watch by it for which it is to not be. We are weighed down with currently about $13,000,000,000,000.00 USD (13 Trillion Dollars) in debt now. It is just a matter of time that the deed to the Nation is NEVER EVER to be put up as collateral to either acquire or procure a loan.

Worl Bank NYC, Ft Knox all empty and plundered sometime between 2001 - 2008. Reportedly, The Queen of England's Gold is gone too.

N.M. Rothschilds & Sons, Ltd. UK recently and supposedly got out of gold so that's why it's being nefariously manipulated. Nations, Fortune 500 Companies go to them to secure financing and monetary support. When you control the source of the money you are pretty well GOD! (Hate to use the name of our Great Creator and Great Spirit but it does apply). You can do whatever you want and if someone threatens you just simply cancel their credit rating and tell others if they think of growing a brain they are next. That's how high stakes leverage is done in this world.

The next 10 years will dictate the policy for the next 75 - 90 so we must do this or else it'll be another century before this gets done and by then it'll definately be too late (that's if it is to late already and may be forced).

Why is there this sudden need for pure gold bullion for? This sounds suspicious. Perhaps those who committed these grand thefts are finally feeling the pressure and are now possibly found an avenue to replace it.

For the interim watch the way the markets behave, they get what they want it's good - they don't get their way watch them fall. 1929, 1987, 2008 was just the testrun. The actual pattern has yet to occur. I'm talking (At post tie the DJIA is at 11,168.23) the fall all the way down to at least 2,500 - 3,500 may be finally what it takes to finally wake everyone up to exactly how much power they already have. This is no joke. Perhaps when everyone's got nothing perhaps we'll finally care. Let's pray it never gets that horrid.

If they do bring it down hardcore the USA will rise from the ashes a much better, more stronger and more dominant nation free of scrupulous credit crud meant and designed to keep not only her but her children as well in constant debt with no way out. Our nation has pulled through as tough challenges and is about to face our toughest yet. So prepare, hold on for the ride and enjoy the show. F tv. Reality to replace tv when it happens.

I hate plastic for this very reason. Why am I gonna let some company ruin my otherwise great and good name. F that.

(Not trying to edit or to bypass the filters typed in the manner to stay respectful to Above Rules)

Bernake, Paulson, Greenspan, Geithner, Sumners. All puppets of CFR, Trilateral Commission and known Bilderberg Attendees so who in reality are they actually trying to kid. The literate who's who of who were at the helm of the ship when all this crud went down. Kinda funny how especially Geithner thinks that reform and oversight is this great thing as he's the type of person oversight and regulation was written and designed to protect us from. Our greatest hope for financial recovery/protection/oversight of the national economy to the same stupid hypocrites that caused this mess to start with I mean you've gotta be kidding me? How does "The Sheriff of Wall St."! now host a tv show? Can you say Spitzer knows a thing or two and how CNN and MSNBC are bringing him on tv as a "expert".

The inmates are now running the asylum. No wonder why everything's a mess. WE must not give up on this great Nation. What once was great WILL be GREAT once again, Banks first everything else next. Energy is next Immigration is after that. (All pending that the schedule I hold and the sched of the WH is still synched up, last confirmed 04.2010) (

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
As much as it pains me to say it, they had to print the money. There is something like 85% of all US Dollars are only on paper/digital that are traded back and forth. With the lowered confidence in financial institutions, people want to withdraw money from investments. To have physical , albeit fiat currency, cash on hand. With the failing banks, there was and still is an increased chance that there will be a major run on the banks. If the cash is unavailable due to not being printed, then a panic could and most likely would start.

Will the printing cause inflation? Yes, but only slightly, because that money is supposed to be there in the first place. The funny thing about fiat currency is that it does hold its value in respect to what the opinion of it is. A dollar is exactly a dollar's worth of labor. It is just that the perception of that value can and does change.

Think of the value of gold right now, around $1100 per ounce. At this moment, you will find no end of businesses willing to purchase or sell it. And some will do both. In the event of an absolute irreversible crash, the value of gold will be what someone is willing to part with for it. If it happened today, a good horse may go for an ounce or two. Same for a cow. But a month down the road when there is no readily available food, that same cow will cost more than the horse. You may even have to pay a whole ounce for a chicken or two that lays eggs. Now think about how right now, a young pullet (about to start laying) goes for $5-$10, get one that is two years old (past their prime) might even be free if the farmer likes you. But expect to pay $5 tops.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SirPsychoSexy

No, no drugs, just stick to cartons of Marlboro's, vodka, and whiskey.

These items will ALWAYS trade well.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by debunky

"A weak dollar is of course good for US Exports, since US Goods will be cheaper abroad. Inflation is an incentive to invest your dollars instead of having them sit at home, also stimulating the economy."

Tell that to the Zimbaweans.

What, pray tell, does this country make that we can export? Soybeans and Recreational vehicles/motor homes.

You don't have to go to Walmart to see how very little is produced here. Go to Penney's or Macy's and see how little is made in the United States.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If we all pull together, we can eliminate money and have abundance... That would stop the Power Elite in their tracks and leave them no better (or worse) than the rest of us.

See my post here for details:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Bernanke finally admits to a little over a Trillion. Notice the timing; the Gulf Oil release disaster is going to be getting all the headlines.

Here's what an independent report shows -- it's more like over $14 Trillion;
www.prairie2.com...

The dollar isn't falling because the World Bank also printed a lot of money.

But basically, the whole exchange rate and trade is a fiction to keep the system running -- the only alternative is a collapse. Since it's in nobody's interest to let that happen, everybody is pretending that things have value... and keeping it on the down low.

Due to the derivatives market "fictions" then very very rich are either very rich or penniless -- which means, they also keep their mouths shut. The crack in the damn is how do you move forward and value the holdings in these unregulated markets when everything is built on fictions?

The money printed, most likely is being used to cover the "float" and to slowly de-leverage the market -- as the value of mortgages traded was many times more than the total value of the original houses. This was guaranteed to fail the minute that the Glass Stegal Act was removed by the Bankers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join