It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Rush 21 (Documentary)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The thread title is based on the new documentary from GATA(Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee).

A Historic Gold Conference Exposing the Long Term Manipulation of the Gold Market

The documentary is all about the manipulation of the precious metals market's. The suppression of the price of gold is significant in order to maintain the FIAT currencies that the international bankers are so fond of.

Basically, our Treasury has been slowly selling off our gold reserves in order to increase the supply in the marketplace. The conspiracy is that they weren't keeping straight records as to how much gold was still in the Treasury.

So the supply of gold was increased without taking into account that it was old gold, not new gold. So the price of gold has been artificially low for perhaps decades.

What will happen when the market realizes this?

Thus: Gold Rush 21.

Thoughts? Prayers?

Mod Edit: Changed title at member's request.

[edit on 4/4/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Only when i see the producing Gold Mines being fenced in with guard towers & several layers of security such as exists at the Gov't printing office and US Mints...only then will Gold be Precious beyond todays standard.

the gold mrket is less than single digit % of all the equities/ETFs/Bonds or even the rest of the commodities... only us 'gold bugs' give gold, the metal, a high place at the banquet table... but never in the sky-high figures that have been bandied about in the last 5 years

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thanks for the reply St Udio. I agree it is not especially valued today by the market or by people, but that is bound to change.

When people realize that the supply is actually LESS than what the market is actually speculating on, then the law of supply and demand suggests that the price will inevitably rise significantly.

Here is a short summary from the 8 hour DVD:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This seems like a pretty important development for the world economic system, and thus the international banking cartels.

Anybody else on ATS have any input/opinions on this?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hi beebs.

Ron Kirby just updated the Tungsten/Gold story with reference to the recent CFTC hearing/GATA/Andrew Maguire.

Did anybody follow the hushed-up Mena airport drug smuggling incident involving two former US presidents ?

It's in here.

The current plight of political prisoner Martin Armstrong...the murder of his business associate Edmond Safra ?

Well , it's in here too.

Summation:

The Genesis of the Gold-Tungsten: The Rest of the Story; Submitted by Ron Kirby, who first disclosed the LBMA/Physical Bullion disparity story in 2008 and 2009.

At the end of the day all of this should come as a surprise to no one in America – whose criminal leadership has desecrated the Constitution to the point where Habeas Corpus has been cast aside and smut magazines have become the real defenders of free speech. Perhaps Mr. Maguire and his wife should be thankful that their last name is not Safra or Armstrong, eh?

If there are any of you still left wondering why more people have not come forward to expose this criminal activity – give your head a shake and start counting the bodies and ruined lives of those who clearly knew “too much for their own good”.

Full Text

Hold on to your tin foil hats folks...this a bona fide barn-burner.

Lifted from ZeroHedge , the info in this post would be appropriate to several ongoing threads...hope you don't mind that I placed it here beebs.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Thanks OBE1 for the reply and info.

Zero Hedge is a great resource, and I love the references to Fight Club.

Definitely a great source for this discussion.

I have not heard of those connections, but I will be reading that Zero Hedge post about it, thank you.

I hope people stop dying pretty soon, and we can all move on from this dark chapter in our history.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Another recent thread on the topic:
The Largest Fraud in History

This story can go under the radar only so long... even on ATS.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
And here we go...

LBMA Gold Manipulation Story Hits Mainstream

First, the gold manipulation story that Zero Hedge and select others have been beating a drum over for months, had finally made inroads into the broader public, first via the Huffington Post, and earlier today via the NY Post. It has also gone global thanks to the Melbourne Herald Sun, the largest newspaper in Australia, whose column by John Beveridge "More bull than bullion" is reproduced below, courtesy of the GATA. Most importantly, Zero Hedge will soon disclose some very stirring details on the manipulated gold market courtesy of yet another whistleblower, and add a new twist in the greatest precious meals fraud saga of all time. Stay tuned.

Oh, and remember this guy? He is mentioned in the Australian article(which is posted on ZeroHedge).
CFTC Whistleblower Injured in London Hit and Run

ATS, what say you?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by beebs

I'm glad this story is gaining traction around the world. It's at a stage now where it's not going to go away.

Here's a very good article that puts the situation in perspective. I don't think many people actually realize how serious and significant this manipulation of the markets is.

www.deepcapture.com...

It seems the seams are beginning to rupture, and if the extent of the manipulation is as real and obvious as is claimed (and pretty darned good evidence has now been presented, irrespective of the fact GATA and a host of others have been screaming about naked short selling and manipulation for years in the metals markets), then things are going to blow sky high.

Global gold rush, for physical.

I hope people have their insurance.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The US government is trying to nationalize the gold-mining industry in the US.

They are trying to do this by using the environmental laws and the repeal of the 1872 mining laws.
www.goldplacer.com...
www.biologicaldiversity.org...

The repeal of the 1872 mining laws would do more damage then the mining law does today because it would open up claimed land to moonlight mining and metal detecting.
there just is not enough forest rangers and BLM rangers to stop illegal mining 24/7/365.

Even many owners of mining claims under the 1872 mining law can not keep high graders from working there claims when the owner not there.

Oh by the way if they repeal of the 1872 mining laws i will be out there with my metal detector and night vision goggles.
There are a number of claims that i have always wanted to work but i am lawful and never trespassed on anyone claims to do it.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Thanks for the substantive replies, cloudbreak and ANNED.

Will be checking out your links after class today.

This thread seems to dovetail quite creepily:
Is a run on American Banks in progress? You be the judge

I really am wondering what will happen. Does anyone think the western/israeli media will even touch this?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Another recent thread here:
The Latest Gold Fraud Bombshell

ZeroHedge:
The Latest Gold Fraud Bombshell: Canada's Only Bullion Bank Gold Vault Is Practically Empty

This is a relevant segue to a class action lawsuit filed against Morgan Stanley, which was settled out of court, in which it was alleged that Morgan Stanley told clients it was selling them precious metals that they would own in full and that the company would store, yet even despite charging storage fees was not in actual possession of the bullion. It appears that this kind of lack of physical holdings by all who claim to have gold in storage, is pervasive as the actual gold globally is held primarily in paper or electronic form. Lenny Organ who was the person to enter the vault of ScotiaMocatta, says "What shocked me was how little gold and silver they actually had." Lenny describes exactly how much (or little as the case may be) silver was available - roughly 60,000 ounces. As for gold - 210 400 oz bars, 4,000 maples, 500 eagles, 10 kilo bars, 10 one kilogram pieces of gold nugget form, which Adrian Douglas calculates as being $100 million worth, which is just one tenth of what the Royal Mint of Canada sold in 2008, or over $1 billion worth of gold. As Orgen concludes: "The game ends when the people who own all these paper obligations say enough and take physical delivery, and that's when the mess will occur."

Really surprised more on ATS have not noticed this. This is huge. Probably the tipping point before TSHTF...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Another relevant thread:
GOLD is due for about a 30% +/- CORRECTION, let me convince you in this thread

Hopefully we will see some action taken by real people with morals behind the scenes pretty soon. At this point it is hard to tell.

And another article from ZeroHedge:
Goldman Again Buying Gold, Selling Copper As It Lowers Gold Price Forecast, Boosts Copper

Most relevantly, Goldman is once again starting to accumulate Gold. Three months ago Goldman boosted its forecast price target to $1265/toz in 2010 and $1425/toz in 2011, during which period the firms was likely shorting gold to clients who were buying in expectation of a price hike. Today Goldman has revised its call - no surprise: gold is now expected to drop to $1165 in 2010 and $1350 in 2011. Then again, according to former Goldmanite and current gold "expert" Jeff Christian big banks would never do something as risky and foolish as having a naked short position. So please ignore anything we might have said earlier about GS shorting gold unhedged. Bottom line, clients are now expected to sell their gold to Goldman. Which means Goldman is buying.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

By the way, just so you know I have lifted my short call on gold and am actually long a .1 lot.

I think it continues higher now after the recent price action closing above consistently over resistance.

From 1200 down to 1050 approx. is all it went down, I thought it would travel below 1000 at least. I was wrong about that and IMO according to the charts it prob. will not breach those levels again in the near future. IMO gold continues higher from here.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Thanks for the update, GBM.

Yeah I definitely think so. There is no way it will stay down anymore, its just another thread coming unraveled.

I was honestly speechless when I started researching this whole aspect of the gold market. Admittedly I'm no expert in finances or investments, but you don't have to be to understand the implications.

Thanks for the reply

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

As some have stated before they are waiting for the "parabolic" move upwards before the eventual unraveling.

I am a strong dollar person, meaning I think from this point the dollar over the next year remains relatively in the same place and not generally lower. I am also on the bullish side still for equities, at least until SP 1300-1400 range. Then it will most likely be "chopped" with a rangebound equity market. A true non trending market for at least the next year after it meets my expectations.

I admittedly bat .150 on gold, but I am actually pretty good at forecasting SP Futures as well as currencies.. but at one point gold faltering really fit the linear regression model to a T.

It still does, but the recent trend higher has spooked me and I decided to go the other way. Whether that be right or wrong.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thought I'd drop by for a bump.

Here is a ZeroHedge post(VERY informative power point at the link):
Guest Post: Why George Soros' And John Paulson's #1 Position Is Gold And Gold Stockst

Adrian Douglas on Bullion Bulls Canada radio show here

And also, check out this awesome poster that was GATA's ad in the WSJ:
GATA ad

I'm not sure how to post pics really, but it might be too big to post here anyways.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Zero Hedge:

Gold Commercial Short Positions Hit All Time High, As Gold Spike Protection Team Keeps Very Busy

In addition to the EUR data in today's CFTC Commitment of Traders report, another data point that caught our eye is the record exposure in outright commercial shorts in gold: this week they hit an all time high of 450,950. It appears that last week the desire to suppress any gold breakouts was at historic highs, even as net commercial exposure hit a 2010 low of -282.6, just slightly higher than that seen in the second week of January. If even with this massive onslaught to keep gold low by the LBMA, the precious metal managed to nearly hit $1,250 today, what will happen to gold when the 450k commercial positions are forced to cover?

GATA:

Friday, May 14, 2010

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold (and Silver):

Within a half hour of each other today the leading business television networks in North America reported doubts that gold exchange-traded funds either have the gold they claim to have or can get enough real gold to meet likely demand.

The first doubt was expressed on CNBC in the United States, where market analyst Rick Santelli comments at 5:30 into this segment:

CNBC VIDEO(higly recommended)

The second doubt was expressed on BNN in Canada, where reporter Niall McGee commented at length:

BNN Video(again, highly recommended)

There seems to be growing consensus in favor of what GATA long has been urging gold and silver investors to do: to take possession of their metal or make certain that any custodian has got it in allocated and audited form, especially since the custodians of the largest gold and silver ETFs are also the biggest gold and silver shorts, a grotesque and unacknowledged conflict of interest:

www.gata.org...

CHRIS POWELL, Secretary/Treasurer
Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee Inc.

(I edited the links for ATS)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join