It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 616
<< 613  614  615    617  618  619 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

What are you talking about?

You brought this same "issue" up on page 361. Please bring something new to the table, or at least answer why the NASA was unable to "fake" astronauts jumping eight feet in the air. They had the Peter Pan rigs, you've said so yourself.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by FoosM

Lets flip the question.

What proof did the USSR provide that they landed probes and rovers on the moon?
How did the US verify this? Why did they believe the Russian's accomplished these missions?

Excellent point! The US tracked the probes to the Moon, just like the Soviets monitored Apollo. The craft had laser reflectors that scientists of all nations are able to target, just like Apollo.

Ok, back it up with some sources.
What did the US use to track the probes? Where all launches tracked?
When did the US bounce lasers off their reflectors?
Etc.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

What are you talking about?

You brought this same "issue" up on page 361.

I did have a reason for continuing that post.
1. A video was made, for those who didnt want to read the whole post, they could just watch a video about it.

2. Hardly anybody defending Apollo, had a good explanation why in one photo we can see finger (nail) damage, and in other photos there aren't any. So this is still one of the many open cases that I mentioned.

3. Many topics get re-looked into on this thread, like the one about the astronauts jumping. So I dont see your problem returning to this particular issue.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

If thats the same suit and PLSS they used for the moon, how did they manage to sustain the 185 pounds of weight?

You are obviously not a backpacker. It's called "weight distribution":

www.backpacking-lite.co.uk...

How does this answer the questions?
What does back-packing have to do with wearing a space-suit and PLSS?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

3. Many topics get re-looked into on this thread, like the one about the astronauts jumping. So I dont see your problem returning to this particular issue.

So... why didn't NASA fake astronauts jumping eight feet in the air?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

This thread is littered with open questions that nobody wants to touch.

The only question you need to touch is: "If the landings were faked, and NASA had such limitless special effects capacities, why did none of the astronauts jump eight feet in the air?" You still haven't answered that simple question.

I believe I made a comment about this earlier in this thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

I don't believe you did. Please prove me wrong. There's a star in it for you if you do, you know that.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

I remember seeing a vid with them jumping high but their bottom halves were obscured..

Odd why they did that huh?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

reply to post by FoosM

I remember seeing a vid with them jumping high but their bottom halves were obscured..

Odd why they did that huh?

Thats right, and the astronaut also fell on his back.
Assuming it was all faked, *directed at DJ* sure they had the technology to have the astronauts jump higher with cables, but it would bring up more problems. For example, people would expect photos and videos of these astronauts jumping into the air. This would mean the ceiling would have to be obscured.

Also to consider, we are not sure how they exactly pulled off the effect.
Cables from the side? From the top? No cables at all, just some springs in the boots?

Im sure many people believed that this "lean" done by the M. "Moonwalker" Jackson was real. And even if they knew it was a trick, may people didnt know how it was pulled off.

So it really doesnt matter at this point to know how it was done. What matters is that what we expected to have happened on the moon, didnt happen. So either science was wrong about the 1/6th gravity, or the fakers could not pull the effects off as well as they hoped. And the one time they really tried jumping high, it was obscured. For all we know they could have used a trampoline.

edit on 23-10-2011 by FoosM because: text

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

I don't believe you did. Please prove me wrong. There's a star in it for you if you do, you know that.

Well your are just going to have to hold on to that star, Im not about to search hundreds of posts for it. But as you can see, I just provided an answer in my last post.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

WHERE???

SHOW the evidence, either in video, or still photos. You made the claim, so back it up!!!

Whilst on about it, take a gander at this, and try to "explain" away. I'm sure the discombobulation will be quite amusing:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Of course.

Surely, if you "remember seeing a vid" that you just described, you could also make the effort to actually post it, in order to verify your *claim* and *memory*??

N'est pas??

That way, there is no need to just rely upon some hearsay claim, based on one's "memory".....

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

Please dont make statements you know nothing about.
Those tactics are used by cowards when confronted.
Now Im sure you dont consider yourself a coward..

You claimed to have watched his videos.
You posted your opinion about his videos and brought forth a claim that radiation was not deadly due to a
statement by van Allen. Obviously JW would have covered this statement, and therefore, I ask, what did JW say about van Allen's statement?

Hmm......... perhaps if you had paid a bit more attention to my post you would have seen:

Originally posted by Logical one
I have just listened to Jarrah on one of his numerous Youtube videos.

Notice the word one?

In any case the video in question was a radio interview where Jarrah White is asked to say what the 3 most compelling reasons why he thinks the Apollo landings were hoaxed.
Jarrah responds by citing the number one reason is the Van Allen belts......Jarrah then goes on to describe a book he had read on Van Allen's early experiments on the radiation belts.......and Jarrah concludes that humans could not survive a trip through the Van Allen belts.
As for the Van Allen quotation.......Jarrah is not asked about it......and Jarrah makes no mention of it.

In any case surely it more important to hear what the renowned astrophysicist has to say on the subject rather than a graduate of tv & film........no?

Anyway here is more from Dr Van Allen (A direct email response to an engineer) :

Dear Mr. Lambert,

In reply to your e-mail, I send you the following copy of a response that I wrote to another inquiry about 2 months ago --

Ø The radiation belts of the Earth do, indeed, pose important constraints on the safety of human space flight.

Ø The very energetic (tens to hundreds of MeV) protons in the inner radiation belt are the most dangerous and most difficult to shield against. Specifically, prolonged flights (i.e., ones of many months' duration) of humans or other animals in orbits about the Earth must be conducted at altitudes less than about 250 miles in order to avoid significant radiation exposure.

Ø A person in the cabin of a space shuttle in a circular equatorial orbit in the most intense region of the inner radiation belt, at an altitude of about 1000 miles, would be subjected to a fatal dosage of radiation in about one week.

Ø However, the outbound and inbound trajectories of the Apollo spacecraft cut through the outer portions of the inner belt and because of their high speed spent only about 15 minutes in traversing the region and less than 2 hours in traversing the much less penetrating radiation in the outer radiation belt. The resulting radiation exposure for the round trip was less than 1% of a fatal dosage - a very minor risk among the far greater other risks of such flights. I made such estimates in the early 1960s and so informed NASA engineers who were planning the Apollo flights. These estimates are still reliable.

Ø The recent Fox TV show, which I saw, is an ingenious and entertaining assemblage of nonsense. The claim that radiation exposure during the Apollo missions would have been fatal to the astronauts is only one example of such nonsense.

James A. Van Allen

edit on 23-10-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Anyway here is more from Dr Van Allen (A direct email response to an engineer) :

And here's a response to Jarrah's favorite garbage truck driver:

i149.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Assuming it was all faked, *directed at DJ* sure they had the technology to have the astronauts jump higher with cables, but it would bring up more problems. For example, people would expect photos and videos of these astronauts jumping into the air. This would mean the ceiling would have to be obscured.

Wait a minute, I thought you were already expecting to see photos and videos of astronauts jumping into the air! Are you saying that the same technology used to make Superman fly live on stage couldn't be used by NASA on a sealed set? And what difference would that make in terms of "obscuring the ceiling?" The LM was already five and a half meters high! They wouldn't need to "pan up" any further to track an astronaut bounding up a mere three meters. They had the technology, they had the motivation and they had the public expectation, so once again, I ask you: "Why didn't NASA fake astronauts jumping eight feet in the air?"
edit on 23-10-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

A Speech by George H. W. Bush, President of the United States of America, given outside the National Air and Space Museum to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Apollo 11's moon landing.

And later this evening after the crowd disperses and the Sun goes down, a nearly full Moon will rise out of the darkness and shine down on an America that is prosperous and at peace. And for those old enough to remember that historic night 20 years ago, step outside tonight with your children or your grandchildren, lift your eyes skyward, and tell them of the flag — the American flag — that still flies proudly in the ancient lunar soil. And for those who were not yet born or then too young to recall — you who are the children of the new century, raise your eyes to the heavens and join us in a great dream, an American dream, a dream without end. Project Apollo, the first men on the Moon — some called it quixotic, impossible — had never been done. But America dreamed it, and America did it. And it began on July 16th, 1969. The Sun rose a second time that morning as the awesome fireball of the Saturn V lifted these three pioneers beyond the clouds. A crowd of one million, including half of the United States Congress, held its breath as the Earth shook beneath their feet and our view of the heavens was changed forevermore.

Link

And America "did it" refers to dreaming i think.

It reminds me what Carlin told us about the american dream....because you have to be asleep to believe it ;-)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by webstra

As usual, you missed the important points:

And later this evening after the crowd disperses and the Sun goes down, a nearly full Moon will rise out of the darkness and shine down on an America that is prosperous and at peace. And for those old enough to remember that historic night 20 years ago, step outside tonight with your children or your grandchildren, lift your eyes skyward, and tell them of the flag — the American flag — that still flies proudly in the ancient lunar soil. And for those who were not yet born or then too young to recall — you who are the children of the new century, raise your eyes to the heavens and join us in a great dream, an American dream, a dream without end. Project Apollo, the first men on the Moon — some called it quixotic, impossible — had never been done. But America dreamed it, and America did it. And it began on July 16th, 1969. The Sun rose a second time that morning as the awesome fireball of the Saturn V lifted these three pioneers beyond the clouds. A crowd of one million, including half of the United States Congress, held its breath as the Earth shook beneath their feet and our view of the heavens was changed forevermore.

George Carlin was a brilliant and perceptive man. I wonder how he would have felt if he lived to see people using his words to support their own lack of intellectual effort.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by FoosM

WHERE???

SHOW the evidence, either in video, or still photos. You made the claim, so back it up!!!

Really? This has been posted several times before.

So as you can see, a flat footed jump should send a 380 pound man... four feet into the air.
But I guess this only works with some Apollo missions and not others... lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Whilst on about it, take a gander at this, and try to "explain" away. I'm sure the discombobulation will be quite amusing:

[pic]ay4e9124ec.jpg

I already did, you guys need to actually read the posts I make.
And not just jump to try to debunk me, LOL.

edit on 23-10-2011 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

Wait a minute, I thought you were already expecting to see photos and videos of astronauts jumping into the air!

Why would I expect that DJ? I wasn't alive back then.
Scientists pre Apollo expected it.

top topics

<< 613  614  615    617  618  619 >>

join