It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 615
<< 612  613  614    616  617  618 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by FoosM

ALREADY discussed, in this thread.

A few (hundreds?) of pages back.....terrible attempt at polluting this topic, with already debunked info.....

(Three thumbs down....I only have two thumbs so that is fairly epic.....)

What are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by FoosM

Its quite simple really.
How much did these rigs (Suit and PLSS) weigh that you see these astronauts in?

And, how were they kept cool?
How did they breath?

That is one image of astronauts training in order to prepare for the real deal.....the actual Lunar EVA.

How "did they breath(sic)?"

Using the same PLSS units that kept them alive on Lunar EVAs....and, in the other training sessions, that are done in the water pool.

If thats the same suit and PLSS they used for the moon, how did they manage to sustain the 185 pounds of weight?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Originally posted by FoosM

What was the exact text of Dr. Van Allen?

I already posted it before......but here you go:

"The recent Fox TV show, which I saw, is an ingenious and entertaining assemblage of nonsense. The claim that radiation exposure during the Apollo missions would have been fatal to the astronauts is only one example of such nonsense." -- Dr. James Van Allen
edit on 22-10-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

Now, what was Jarrah W's response to this?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

You tell me..........I'm not the Jarrah White follower here........you are.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is what's going to happen:
NASA will win a lot of prestige and good will toward America by releasing hundreds of pounds of lunar surface material to scientists immediately. Like NOW

The order should come from Obama. 100 pounds to the Russian Space Agency. 100 pounds to JAXA. 100 pounds to ESA. 100 pounds to ISRO. 20 pounds each to the world's top 20 research institutions. Etc.

The day after this stunning world event happens Obama will give the go ahead for NASA to disclose and expose and declassify everything they have. This will also earn America enormous prestige.

But what is NASA doing wrong now? It has declared "Keepout Zones" on the Moon. The NASA administrator is an ex-military general & ex-astronaut who has real world experience in "No Fly Zones". This guy represents the military industriall complex but he takes orders from the President.

What are they hiding on the Moon? Why are the moon rocks still on lock down? What are they afraid of?

edit on 10/23/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
Where Did The MOON Come From?

here is what your boy El Baz has to say about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

You tell me..........I'm not the Jarrah White follower here........you are.

Please dont make statements you know nothing about.
Those tactics are used by cowards when confronted.
Now Im sure you dont consider yourself a coward..

You claimed to have watched his videos.
You posted your opinion about his videos and brought forth a claim that radiation was not deadly due to a
statement by van Allen. Obviously JW would have covered this statement, and therefore, I ask, what did JW say about van Allen's statement?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

In recent years the rocks have also helped researchers to answer practical questions that have emerged since President Bush's 2004 proposal to return to the Moon by 2020 and set up a permanent outpost. Planners are using the rocks to study the pernicious effects of regolith on machinery and astronaut health. They are learning how to extract oxygen and other vital elements from lunar rocks and soil. And they need to understand how to shield living spaces from the deadly radiation that eternally pounds the lunar surface.

Oh look! Yet another reference to deadly radiation

There, fixed it. Ffs read before you post. It's really embarrassing to have to fix things for you that are right there in front of your own eyes.
edit on 23/10/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Lets flip the question.

What proof did the USSR provide that they landed probes and rovers on the moon?
How did the US verify this? Why did they believe the Russian's accomplished these missions?

Why bother faking a terrain when you have plenty places on Earth that could provide such challenges for the rover?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

This is what's going to happen:
NASA will win a lot of prestige and good will toward America by releasing hundreds of pounds of lunar surface material to scientists immediately. Like NOW

The order should come from Obama. 100 pounds to the Russian Space Agency. 100 pounds to JAXA. 100 pounds to ESA. 100 pounds to ISRO. 20 pounds each to the world's top 20 research institutions. Etc.

The day after this stunning world event happens Obama will give the go ahead for NASA to disclose and expose and declassify everything they have. This will also earn America enormous prestige.

Well they need to:

Because the amount of people having doubts about the moon landing is staggering.
Think about it, Im sure if you asked if the Pyramids were real there would be no doubt.
Even though most never seen the constructions in person.

As I said, the more time it takes us to "go back to the moon with men", no more doubts will be raised.
It potentially has the possibility to become a real myth, or a legend, like dragons, unicorns, or King Arthur, a few centuries from now if nobody is able to verify it.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Because the amount of people having doubts about the moon landing is staggering.
Think about it, Im sure if you asked if the Pyramids were real there would be no doubt.
Even though most never seen the constructions in person.

As I said, the more time it takes us to "go back to the moon with men", no more doubts will be raised.
It potentially has the possibility to become a real myth, or a legend, like dragons, unicorns, or King Arthur, a few centuries from now if nobody is able to verify it.

It is very staggering that a large amount of people will buy into a genuine conspiracy theory that has had every one of it's main charges refuted time and time again. I would guess that 80% of these people have maybe watched a tv show on the subject or a youtube video or two with nothing more than a mild interest, I certainly know a few people who will tell you 'nah, the Americans never went to the moon', and when you ask them why they think that the answer usually is 'I saw a video, and the flag was blowing in a breeze'. Most people formulate their ideas around this subject very casually and usually when you present them with some well thought out evidence it will easily sway their opinion.

As far as verification goes, hoax believers have painted themselves into a corner, if somebody went there tomorrow and brought back pictures that affirmed the landings would you believe them? I would guess you wouldn't.
edit on 23-10-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

It is very staggering that a large amount of people will buy into a genuine conspiracy theory that has had every one of it's main charges refuted time and time again.

Its staggering the large amount of Apollo defenders that believe that every one of the main charges, brought by persons questioning the validity of the moon landings, have been refuted. They have not been. This thread is littered with open questions that nobody wants to touch. I posted a couple just recently, haven't seen anyone touch them.

Furthermore, many arguments that you call refutations are only alternative opinions or observations. They dont conclusively refute or debunk their targeted questions.
edit on 23-10-2011 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2011 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

As far as verification goes, hoax believers have painted themselves into a corner, if somebody went there tomorrow and brought back pictures that affirmed the landings would you believe them? I would guess you wouldn't.

Most hoax believers were probably fans of Apollo. And would love to trust in the idea that man has been to the moon. So if such indisputable evidence is offered, its one conspiracy that could be put to rest without a problem. And thats the issue, out of all the conspiracies out there, the Apollo conspiracy should be the easiest to solve. So far, no good.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

This thread is littered with open questions that nobody wants to touch.

The only question you need to touch is: "If the landings were faked, and NASA had such limitless special effects capacities, why did none of the astronauts jump eight feet in the air?" You still haven't answered that simple question. You have claimed time and again the astronauts were on wires. You have even claimed to be able to actually see the wires. So, why didn't the astronauts "jump" eight feet in the air?
edit on 23-10-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Most hoax believers were probably fans of Apollo. And would love to trust in the idea that man has been to the moon. So if such indisputable evidence is offered, its one conspiracy that could be put to rest without a problem. And thats the issue, out of all the conspiracies out there, the Apollo conspiracy should be the easiest to solve. So far, no good.

As anyone who has ever read a single post on ATS can tell you, no point is indisputable. You have made a completely null statement.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

And the number of people who think that the Sun goes around the Earth is also staggering. Incidentally, as I'm sure that our resident deconstructionists Sayanara and Black will quickly point out, the video you posted was edited in such a way that it was usually unclear what question the interviewees were actually answering. We often don't know whether they mean: "Yes, I think the landings were fake," or: "Yes, I think the landings were real." You should know better than to believe what you see on TV.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Lets flip the question.

What proof did the USSR provide that they landed probes and rovers on the moon?
How did the US verify this? Why did they believe the Russian's accomplished these missions?

Excellent point! The US tracked the probes to the Moon, just like the Soviets monitored Apollo. The craft had laser reflectors that scientists of all nations are able to target, just like Apollo. The probes returned lunar material that has been examined by international scientists, just like Apollo, and the soil of both the Luna return missions and Apollo missions have similar characteristics. Both countries stood to benefit by exposing any trickery on the other's part, so mutual distrust confirms the evidence. Nicely done, FoosM.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Please dont make statements you know nothing about.

You can rest assured I will be quoting you on that one.

You claimed to have watched his videos.
You posted your opinion about his videos and brought forth a claim that radiation was not deadly due to a
statement by van Allen. Obviously JW would have covered this statement, and therefore, I ask, what did JW say about van Allen's statement?

I don't believe anyone here has ever claimed to have watched all of JW's videos. Judging by their amateurish quality, I sometimes doubt if even JW has watched all of his videos. Your claim that "JW would have covered this statement" is a speculation. We have seen time and again that Jarrah simply ignores things that undermine his case if he cannot cherry pick his way to a response. Since you have claimed that Jarrah has made a statement in response to Professor Van Allen's statement, the onus is on you to find that statement in order to prove your point; otherwise the rest of us are justified in assuming there is no such refutation.

If you don't know for sure whether Jarrah has made such a statement, then you are making a statement about something you know nothing about, and...

...dont make statements you know nothing about.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

What are they hiding on the Moon? Why are the moon rocks still on lock down? What are they afraid of?

Why do you keep asking rhetorical questions? Why do you keep referring to the preservation of a limited sample set as "lock down?" Why do you keep assuming that people are afraid of something?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

If thats the same suit and PLSS they used for the moon, how did they manage to sustain the 185 pounds of weight?

You are obviously not a backpacker. It's called "weight distribution":

www.backpacking-lite.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 612  613  614    616  617  618 >>

join