It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 606
<< 603  604  605    607  608  609 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

PATCHES

Clark C. McClelland

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Continued...

McClelland takes credit for the Apollo Mission Patch.

However, Michael Collins does not mention McClelland's name when he writes about how the patch came to be:

The story of the Apollo 11 patch is well documented by crewmember Michael Collins:

". We needed something simpler, yet something which unmistakably said peaceful lunar landing by the United States. Jim Lovell, Neil's backup, introduced an American eagle into the conversation. Of course! What better symbol -- eagles landed, didn't they? At home I skimmed through my library and finally found what I wanted in a National Geographic book on birds: a bald eagle, landing gear extended, wings partially folded, coming in for a landing. I traced it on a piece of tissue paper and sketched in an oblique view of a pockmarked lunar surface.
"Thus the Apollo 11 patch was born, although it had a long way to go before final approval. I added a small earth in the background and drew the sunshine coming from the wrong direction... I also penciled APOLLO around the top of my circular design and ELEVEN around the bottom. Neil didn't like the ELEVEN because it wouldn't be understandable to foreigners, so after trying XI and 11, we settled on the latter and put APOLLO 11 around the top. One day outside the simulator I was describing my efforts to Jim Lovell, and he and I both agreed that the eagle alone really didn't convey the entire message we wanted. The Americans were about to land, but so what? Tom Wilson, our computer expert and simulator instructor, overheard us and piped up, Why not an olive branch as a symbol of our peaceful expedition? Beautiful! "

--Michael Collins, Carrying the Fire

Question, what is the true story of the Apollo 11 Mission Patch?

Now take a look at the Apollo mission patches,

www.thespaceshop.com...

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Can you see where the Apollo 11 patch differs from the other moon landing patches?

genedorr.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

I made it a point to lsten to that YouTube link...

Took me only the first minute or so to get angry at the "radio host" from the soundtrack.

Really??

Is this all you got???

Some right-wing diatribe from an idiot hate-spewing right-wing radio show host??? Someone who, whilst not overtly, is an apparent racist because the current US President happens to be of African descent??

A post that has nothing at all to do with the original topic?

I mean.....this thread has gone way, WAY off target.....let's try to bring it back to the alleged "genius", shall we????

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

I never posted on this thread because I do think that 'the kid' is woefully subjective in parts, (the use of a vomit comet for instance) while other 'no moon landings' ideas have the Apollo 11 in near earth orbit, so makes no sense. Now we have not so subtle Frankie goes to hollywood references from someone I thought might have a better standard. This place is a den, and a thread with 600 pages has now found the lowest common denominator.

Well, for somebody holding out posting on this thread, you sure didnt add anything to the conversation, for one side or the other. You can at least explain the Frankie Goes to Hollywood thing, cause I dont get it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Is this all you got???

What was the point of my post?
Cause I dont think you got it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Oh, I "got it"......

You, on the other hand, don't "get it".

It requires a full set of life experience to properly comprehend the full reality of the space program, and Apollo in particular.

What is missing, here, is any FACTUAL evidence of the so-called "hoax" that is alleged to have been perpetrated by NASA, as an *arm* of the U.S. government....back in the late 1960s, and into the early 1970s.

Jarrah White, the spoiled brat of the Internet (who is the TOPIC of this thread) has been revealed for the wanker that he is, countless times. He is a fraud, a charlatan, an idiot whose only "reason for being" is to promote himself....because his ultimate goal is "fame".

Well, he has accomplished that...."infamy" in the role of idiots in history, surely.......

edit on Mon 10 October 2011 by ProudBird because: ...spelling gurus made me do it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Strange objects in Apollo videos and film

Does NASA have explanations for them?
Are we to believe persons like McClelland that its evidence of aliens?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

You can at least explain the Frankie Goes to Hollywood thing, cause I dont get it.

"Frankie Goes To Hollywood" was a "one hit wonder" band of the late 1980's or early 1990's. Anyone trendy enough to buy the cassette to listen to on their "walkman" (a now defunct technology) would sooner or later have used it to record something more tolerable.
edit on 10-10-2011 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by FoosM

Oh, I "got it"......

You, on the other hand, don't "get it".

It requires a full set of life experience to properly comprehend the full reality of the space program, and Apollo in particular.

So you are saying you have been in space... and to the moon?
Well since you have all this experience to comprehend what is going on, then watch the video I just posted, and explain those strange anomalies that pop up in front of the cameras.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The telemetry tapes are m-i-s-s-i-n-g not taped over and we have established that as a fact.

I suppose you are technically correct. Since they cannot be accounted for with certainty, they are "missing."

Throughout the Apollo program all the telemetry tapes from all manned lunar missions were successfully gathered into one National Archives Accession #69A4099. At some point Goddard SFC requested all the tapes from Accession #69A4099 but Goddard SFC can't establish that the tapes were ever received.

Correct, all the telemetry tapes from Apollo and some, apparently, from Gemini and other projects were relegated to the massive Accession 69A4099, without any consistent, centralized filing system. In a sense, they were "lost" the moment they were consigned to the Accession. The question is: what, physically, happened to the tapes? (With the Mods' indulgence.)

By the mid 1970s, the magnetic-tape industry had begun using a synthetic product to apply magnetic oxide to tapes. However, the new binder proved troublesome. After only a couple years, many of these tapes became unusable because the oxide would stick to tape heads and strip off when the tape was played back, a condition known as "Sticky Shed Syndrome."

By the early 1980s, NASA was experiencing a critical shortage of magnetic tape. The Associate Chief for Goddard's Network Procedure and Evaluation Division recalled someone from Goddard's Network Logistics Depot calling him to request additional recycled magnetic tapes to make up for procurement shortages caused by manufacturers failing to meet NASA's minimum quality specifications.

To see if he could obtain more details about the shortage, Nafzger visited Goddard's library in February 2007 to review old copies of the Center's weekly management reports. Knowing that Goddard had withdrawn 25,443 boxes of magnetic tape in 1981, Nafzger examined that year first. I t did not take long to find a reference to the tape shortage.

On January 8, 1981, the Network Operations Division (Code 850) reported: "Landsat magnetic tape requirements have increased substantially over the originally provided projections for 1981. Recent increases of 10 reels per day for DOMSAT and 50 per day by the I mage Processing Facility have severely strained both new and recertified tape supply systems." Furthermore, the report said that Goddard's magnetic-tape recertification facility had added a third shift to recertify Landsat tape.

And then on May 7, 1981, Code 863.1 reported that it needed to procure 164,220 reels of magnetic tape required by the Network Logistics Depot, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and three other NASA centers over an eight-month period. Sitting in the library that day, Nafzger could only think, "Wow, it looks like there's a rational connection between the pull out of tapes and the shortage of one-inch magnetic tapes. I didn't find a smoking gun and they didn't reference the WNRC in name, but they did reference the need for tapes."

The day Neil Armstrong and Astronaut Buzz Aldrin walked on moon, the tracking stations faithfully recorded the event. Nafzger figures that each of the three stations used 15 one-inch tape reels to record the actual event, meaning that Goddard received a total of 45 tapes documenting the history-making occasion. Because the WNRC no longer stored the Apollo-era tapes, Nafzger could draw only one conclusion based on what he read in the weeklies: The 45 Apollo 11 tapes were degaussed, recertified, and reused to satisfy a NASA-wide shortage of one-inch tapes more than a decade later. NASA's M-22 recordings of the Apollo 11 moonwalk likely were gone forever.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

In other words, faced with a pressing need for materiel, someone at Goddard did what quartermasters have been doing since the time of the Roman Legions: misappropriate government property to satisfy the immediate need of his unit. The tapes are no doubt in storage somewhere, but they've been written over with Landsat telemetry.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Does NASA have explanations for them?

As one of the YouTube comments observed, it would be nice if we knew what the MET was so we could check the transcripts to see what was going on. If you can obtain that information, I'll look into it. I won't hold my breath

Are we to believe persons like McClelland that its evidence of aliens?

Someone on this thread will. Trust me.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You know that 16-mm DAC that Edgar Mitchell brought back from the moon??
You know that 16-mm DAC that was supposed to be destroyed in the LM after the mission was complete?

NASA want's that camera so bad they are going to jury trial. Could this camera hold secrets?

"This Data Acquisition Camera, which was flown to the moon's surface by Apollo 14 in 1971, is now the focus of a lawsuit against the astronaut who tried to sell it.

Just who owns a camera flown to the moon — the astronaut who saved it as a souvenir or the government that wanted it left on the lunar surface — will need to be settled in court, a judge ruled this week.

The government contended it has no record of the camera being given to Mitchell, who elected to remove it from the lunar module (LM) before parting ways with the spacecraft and returning to earth. The LM, which Mitchell and Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard used to land on and launch off the moon, was destroyed after it was allowed to fall back to the lunar surface.

Barring some other resolution in the interim, the case of United States of America vs. Edgar Mitchell is scheduled to tried before a jury in October 2012."

www.space.com...

edit on 10/10/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: nasa wants that camera

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001www.hq.nasa.gov...

In other words, faced with a pressing need for materiel, someone at Goddard did what quartermasters have been doing since the time of the Roman Legions: misappropriate government property to satisfy the immediate need of his unit. The tapes are no doubt in storage somewhere, but they've been written over with Landsat telemetry.

Faked tapes with simulated telemetry had to be disposed of properly

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You know that 16-mm DAC that Edgar Mitchell brought back from the moon?? [/quote]

Yes, we're agreed. Edgar Mitchell did go to the Moon,

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

You know that 16-mm DAC that Edgar Mitchell brought back from the moon??

edit on Tue Oct 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed tag
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Now we know what they were hiding.....
Subtly shaded map of Moon reveals Titanium treasure troves
Arizona State University - ‎Oct 7, 2011‎

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The reality of the Apollo program is that it was full of spooks (CIA). And in reality you already know how the CIA operates... they assassinate foreign leaders... they create chaos in foreign countries... they create fake photos... they provide erroneous intelligence to all branches of government... oh yeah I almost forgot.... The CIA trades guns for drugs for money and then shreds the evidence.

so the CIA was all over KSC and MSFC during the Apollo program. And this is a reality that you can not deny. Farouk El Baz even stated in his NASA oral history that Dick Underwood was the "photo guy" and he was ex-CIA. We also know that El Baz, the Bellcomm geologist hired by Richard Nixon's brother, was operating outside his mandate which is something that CIA does all the time.

The doctor who ran the clinic which cleared all the Apollo astronauts was run by Dr. William Randolph Lovelace II who was CIA.
en.wikipedia.org...

Not only was he CIA but he was active CIA during the time frame of 1967 when Harrison Schmitt was cleared for take off. What the hell was Lovelace doing then having meetings with Soviet Generals about peace negotiations in Viet Nam? Lovelace is the guy giving physicals to the U-2 pilots in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Another CIA program.

Just to hammer it home a little further into your brain.. Werner Von Braun? The captured Nazi scientist was brought to the USA to build rockets which evolved into the Saturn project. There is a great argument (for another thread probably) that says if the USA did not get Von Braun then the Apollo project would have never happened.

And how did the US get Von Braun? CIA in it's previous incarnation as OSS on Project Paperclip.

I'm showing that CIA was all over Apollo from the very beginning. This is something that Cheerleaders like to gloss over as unimportant because the Apollo Faithful do not want to acknowledge that CIA was all over Apollo from beginning to end.

A lot of Apollo Propagandists do not even recognize how fully involved the CIA was with the Apollo program. The telemetry tapes were lost because they were taped simulations of moon missions and these tapes had to be hidden, lost or recycled, destroyed. That is a perfect job for CIA assets Michael Collins and Noel W. Hinners who both worked within a 20-mile radius of the National Archives.

There were so many geologists working on the Apollo program between 1964-1972 that it is hard to believe because according to many people the geological science was an afterthought. In many cases the astronauts had nothing else to do... so they took pictures of the Moon and collected Rocks. Big deal.

The NASA/CIA bureaucracy is very fond of making up titles for people who are operating "outside their mandate" .... like Farouk El Baz was operating outside his mandate. Although NASA did not have a "Chief Geologist" title there were in fact NASA contracted CIA geologists on the project:

Farouk El Baz, the Egyptian geologist who couldn't find work as a geologist so took a job from Bellcomm to look at Lunar Orbiter photos.

Harrison Schmitt, the first civilian scientist geologist was screened for Apollo by William Randolph Lovelace II, a known CIA operative. Schmitt was approved because he is a rabid anti-communist with a paranoid belief system which is illustrated by his claim that the environmental movement has been taken over by Communists of the former Soviet Union.

What about Bill Meuhlberger? He's the guy who trained a lot of astronauts on geology. But Farouk El Baz supposedly trained a lot of astronauts on geology, too.

I wonder why Bill Meuhlberger only mentions Farouk El Baz one time in his oral history... and he mentions him only in reference with Skylab... and not in reference with Apollo. It is strange that two of the top geologists at NASA (both contractors) never really coordinated with each other.

Like I said NASA has a lot of fancy titles... but what do those titles really mean? People operate outside their mandates so it doesn't mean anything! Take a look at the real players.

And why did James Webb quit in 1968? Webb Quits NASA, Says U.S. Lags

edit on 10/11/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/11/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: Ed Nixon!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

And Edgar Mitchell believes that Roswell was a cover-up. Is Edgar Mitchell credible or no?

And Edgar Mitchell believes that Roswell was a cover-up. Is Edgar Mitchell credible or no?
edit on 10/11/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Oct 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: nested quote, fixed tag
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Jarrah has already addressed all the major scientific objections to Apollo: He has addressed the moon rocks, the radiation, he has addressed the photos and the flapping flags. His arguments are whipping NASA.

The Apollo Cheerleaders are left with nothing but heroic mythologies written by CIA operatives.

Apollo 11. The TV Show.

edit on 10/11/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: to ADD

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 603  604  605    607  608  609 >>

join