It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 209
<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

What insults?

I did tell you what I think he was saying. There are many things to be discovered in mankind's quest to move forward. Those things are hard to learn but with hard work important breakthroughs are made. Those breakthroughs will take mankind toward its destiny.

And you think he was talking about the lunar landings being discovered as a hoax? Just exactly how would that help mankind work toward the destiny he talks about? And just exactly why do you think Sibrel left those last two sentences out of the speech (not to mention the entire first part)?

edit on 10/2/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I did tell you what I think he was saying. There are many things to be discovered in mankind's quest to move forward. Those things are hard to learn but with hard work important breakthroughs are made. Those breakthroughs will take mankind toward its destiny.

I don't see how any of what you answered addresses these particular words from Armstrong.

"There are great ideas undiscovered. Breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers."

I've asked repeatedly what you think he means by 'truth's protective layers'. All I've received is a reply worthy of a politician. ie. dodging the specifics of what 'protective layers' of truth he is talking about. Disappointed.

edit: And if TRUTH does have protective layers, as Armstrong ascertains, what truth is he referring to ?

edit on 3-10-2010 by ppk55 because: added truth question

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Are you familiar with the concept of poetic speech?
Are you familiar with the concept of metaphor?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Many, many, many pages ago, this thread lost its usefulness., and the slightly overweight man (Sorry, Stephen) hath sung:

Succinct, if a little lightweight, and mostly quite accurate. Certainly, at least 400 x (I can prove that) more accurate than Jarrah's ignorance.

Yes, argument by Youtube. Such fun.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Wow this thread still going??

Look everyone, we didnt go the moon period. Its one big lie. Sorry, but you were duped. The moon also is NOT made of cheese, not because some astronots say so but because commonsense says so, much like commonsense tells you this whole claim about playing golf and driving golf buggies on the moon is a fairytale...

Now move along...

edit on 3-10-2010 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

Wow
I bow to your obviously superior intellect, what a compelling argument

9/11 "Truth" must consider themselves to be highly privileged to have someone of your great stature and with such an incredibly advanced scientific mind on their side.....

Why is it Apollo hoax believers share the following traits and tactics:

1) Inability to present arguments without using excessive quote mining or out of context data to change the intended or more importantly true meaning.
2) Inability to demonstrate any personal scientific understanding or significant level of scientific education or experience (which common sense would dictate is vital for a discussion of such a highly scientific nature)
3) Inability to successfully argue any point to it's conclusion, always deviating to another argument after they are (usually quickly) proven wrong
4) Inability to demonstrate they have even an average level of intelligence
5) A suppressed desire to topple Government and be a significant player in the 'Brave New World' that follows
6) Hatred of anyone more intelligent than them or with greater knowledge
7) A lack of comprehension that just because something is not within their capabilities, does not mean it is not within the capabilities of others

etc.etc.etc...

edit on 3-10-2010 by AgentSmith because: Couple additions and some spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

Nicely said. It's like you're saying what i'm thinking....haha keep it up

Strap his arse to a rocket to the moon and i swear he'll deny he ever went

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

I am so embarrassed for you, and saddened by your continued lack of comprehension.

Have you considered seeking medical attention? Seriously, there might be a treatable condition, if you catch it early enough....before it progresses further. Cognitive disconnect might be an early warning sign for a serious condition like Alzheimer's, or less serious, simple dementia (though, both of those conditions are usually associated with old age, in humans. My Grandfather suffered from dementia, near the end, but not full-blown Alzheimer's)....

I'd suggest that there are MANY good videos on YouTube (and NONE of them are posted by "Jarrah White") that show true Apollo activity, and are a wealth of information for reflection and research.

Your choices, unfortunately, merely continue to show a lack of understanding, and context. Especially this latest round, with the British bloke. Umm....didn't you post that one already, back when you first began "contributing" in this thread???? Matter of fact, Mr. James Burke's little video there does NOT support any of the Apollo "hoax" delusions, sorry. Mr. Burke is actually an extremely intelligent man who has an incredible sense of history, as demonstrated in his compelling series titled "Connections", originally broadcast on BBC, and later on PBS stations in the U.S. (and I assume carried by others around the world, too).

I would go as far as to call his abilities to make those "connections" form seemingly unrelated events in history a bit of genius, on his part. And, I seriously doubt he would be stupid enough to agree with the Apollo "hoax" claims!! Sad, that you see that video clip, and interpret it so wrongly.

BTW, hope you can watch this clip, from Apollo 17, and pay attention to it. You see, this Apollo "hoax" nonsense only works when certain minor details are cherry-picked out of the entire event, and focused on by half-wit twits like "Jarrah White" (following in the footsteps of quarter-wit twits who've preceded him. In fact, "Half"-wit may be giving him too much credit.....).

After seeing examples of the REALITY of Apollo, such as the one below (take particular heed of the radio transmissions, and communications --- you can clearly hear the time delay, as conversations are interrupted, as those on Earth, in MC, and the Astronauts, sometimes speak over each other, BECAUSE of the time lag).

MPEG Video from Apollo 17, EVA number 3, at Station 6.

This was at MET [Mission Elapsed Time] of ~165:26. (That's 165 hours, 26 minutes since launch).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just thought, maybe it's finally time to add (for the one or two out there who may STILL think that "Jarrah White" and his Apollo "hoax" baloney has any merit whatsoever, some links so that those few lost souls can research, and THEN try to explain how SO MUCH MATERIAL could have been somehow "faked" in so much detail......

Apollo Lunar Surface Journal home page.

From there, you can follow links to a TON of resource material, all part of history.

Here is the direct link to the Apollo 17 section, and just scroll down to "The Third EVA", then click on "Station 6" to find the video posted above.

Now, I expect anyone who has any intellectual honesty will be able to take a look through ALL of that material, and should come away convinced.

edit on 3 October 2010 by weedwhacker because: Added links

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55

Originally posted by Phage
Quit focusing on that single phrase just because Sibrel wants you to/

It was Neil Armstrong that made this statement, no one else.

"There are great ideas undiscovered. Breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers."

Why can't you just offer your opinion courteously on what the protective layers of truth he is talking about are, and why one of them should be removed. I'm sure we can discuss this without the insults.

I answered your question just after you asked it, and you ignored it.

Anyway, here it is for you to ignore again:

He meant that there are some situations in science that are accepted as "truth", until someone comes along that is brave enough to stand up to the conventional wisdom and change it.

A good example is plate tectonics.

It's plainly obvious.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

To summarize, Apollo could have launched to the moon without anybody onboard.
Exactly what were the astronauts used for?
Planting flags? They certainly didn't seem necessary.
So there very well could have been a space craft called Apollo sent to the moon.
Several times, just like the Surveyors. And just like the Surveyors, as non-manned missions.

Where is the proof that men actually went?

The "proof" is the launch of Apollo 12.

During launch the Saturn V was hit by lightning, twice, causing a massive power surge. There were multiple faults showing on the board, and telemetry was down, keeping MC in the dark as to what was happening. It was then that Alan Bean recalled the now-famous "Set SCE to Aux". He hit the switch and saved the mission.

Now how did they know the craft was going to be struck by lightning. and manage to fake all the problems that happened after that?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tomblvd

To summarize, Apollo could have launched to the moon without anybody onboard.
Exactly what were the astronauts used for?
Planting flags? They certainly didn't seem necessary.
So there very well could have been a space craft called Apollo sent to the moon.
Several times, just like the Surveyors. And just like the Surveyors, as non-manned missions.

Where is the proof that men actually went?

The "proof" is the launch of Apollo 12.

During launch the Saturn V was hit by lightning, twice, causing a massive power surge. There were multiple faults showing on the board, and telemetry was down, keeping MC in the dark as to what was happening. It was then that Alan Bean recalled the now-famous "Set SCE to Aux". He hit the switch and saved the mission.

Now how did they know the craft was going to be struck by lightning. and manage to fake all the problems that happened after that?

Because, as I covered this before, this was a clear sign of a simulation being run as the real thing.

At mission control, John Aaron, a bright young flight controller in charge of the electrical system, had no telemetry data on his screen.

Aaron had seen this problem before during simulator runs a year before and knew how to fix it. Confidently he said, "Flight, try SCE (Signal Condition Equipment) to Aux."

This command was so obscure that neither the flight director, Capcom nor Pete Conrad knew what it meant. It was Alan Bean that knew where to find the switch and moments later, telemetry was back.

www.thespaceplace.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hi, I'm still having some niggling questions about the Apollo 11 astronauts demeanor post splashdown.
Apart from the 2 videos I posted a page earlier, this is a photo taken during their debrief whilst still in isolation after splashdown.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6023fcd57d05.jpg[/atsimg]

Being the consummate professionals they are, I find it unlikely they would not realize a camera was taking their picture. I also find it unlikely they wouldn't offer up even the slightest of disingenuous smiles.

These don't look like men that just completed Kennedy's objective..

"No single space project in this period will be more impressive to mankind, or more important for the long-range exploration of space; and none will be so difficult or expensive to accomplish."

"it will not be one man going to the moon--if we make this judgment affirmatively, it will be an entire nation."

Kennedy also said this: (emphasis is my own)

"Recognizing the head start obtained by the Soviets with their large rocket engines, which gives them many months of leadtime, and recognizing the likelihood that they will exploit this lead for some time to come in still more impressive successes, we nevertheless are required to make new efforts on our own. For while we cannot guarantee that we shall one day be first, we can guarantee that any failure to make this effort will make us last. We take an additional risk by making it in full view of the world, but as shown by the feat of astronaut Shepard, this very risk enhances our stature when we are successful."

If they really went to the moon, I think you would have been more likely to see a few smiles in the photo above, regardless of how tired they might have been.

source: www.jfklibrary.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppk55
Hi, I'm still having some niggling questions about the Apollo 11 astronauts demeanor post splashdown.
Apart from the 2 videos I posted a page earlier, this is a photo taken during their debrief whilst still in isolation after splashdown.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6023fcd57d05.jpg[/atsimg]

Being the consummate professionals they are, I find it unlikely they would not realize a camera was taking their picture. I also find it unlikely they wouldn't offer up even the slightest of disingenuous smiles.

These don't look like men that just completed Kennedy's objective..

It looks like they are being held to gage their state of mind.
"Will they crack, will they be able to pull off the scam?"

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

It looks like they are being held to gage their state of mind.
"Will they crack, will they be able to pull off the scam?"

To me, it looks like three men who have been cooped up together for two weeks and who know for a fact that they can get laid by any woman on Earth but Daddy NASA won't let them out.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
To me, it looks like three men who have been cooped up together for two weeks and who know for a fact that they can get laid by any woman on Earth but Daddy NASA won't let them out.
And who just got done spending 8 days pooping in a top hat and having to squish it up with their hands.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Because, as I covered this before, this was a clear sign of a simulation being run as the real thing.

At mission control, John Aaron, a bright young flight controller in charge of the electrical system, had no telemetry data on his screen.

Aaron had seen this problem before during simulator runs a year before and knew how to fix it. Confidently he said, "Flight, try SCE (Signal Condition Equipment) to Aux."

This command was so obscure that neither the flight director, Capcom nor Pete Conrad knew what it meant. It was Alan Bean that knew where to find the switch and moments later, telemetry was back.

As usual you miss the point. I'm beginning to think you are doing it on purpose.

If, as you allege, the astronauts were evacuated from the capsule prior to launch, and the flight was a prerecorded tape, how did they know ahead of time the Saturn V would be struck by lightning???

That is something you cannot fake.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

Again, I totally miss the point here. Are you saying they look like a bunch of actors following a script? Or are you suggesting they were caught on an unscripted moment? What is your point?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hello! I've been gone on vacation and just recently have come back to ATS.

I see that this thread has a few things consistent: The hoax believers still cannot listen, or comprehend true data. Plus others have no intention of ever realizing there view is severely skewed.

As Jarrah "White Noise" White calls himself, "The Grandson of the Apollo Hoax Theory." This guys needs to come back to reality.

I have to admit I took the time to watch all of his videos, and couldn't stop noting the mounting errors that produces over and over, time again.

Very sad indeed.

One thing I would suggest to FOOSM is Philweb59's videos that debunk everything that JW has posted on youtube.

I guess even after a few months, some things never change.

new topics

top topics

<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join