It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Villaraigosa backs L.A. boycott of Arizona over immigration crackdown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

That fool might not know how to walk backwards. But I think will know how to walk out of that office of his once he is voted out, along with those other phony sheriffs out there that oppose this.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I don't think your attacking me. I just don't like when my loyalty to this country is and it's citizens is questioned just because I don't agree on a certain issue. It's the law I don't agree with and the opinions of the people who support it. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with me. Just they way they do it.

Just trying to have my side understood and to understand the other sides views without it turning into a knock down drag out fight with name calling and ridicule.

No hard feelings though, for sure.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here are the rules concerning illegal aliens in Mexico:

MEXICO:
Illegals are FELONS
If you are permited in the country:
You can not interfere in the internal politics of mexico in any way,
You must not commit a crime or be of bad character
You must not speak out against the affairs of mexico
You must not be a burden upon the society and must be able to sustain youself economically
You cannot enter under false pretenses

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
Here are the rules concerning illegal aliens in Mexico:

MEXICO:
Illegals are FELONS
If you are permited in the country:
You can not interfere in the internal politics of mexico in any way,
You must not commit a crime or be of bad character
You must not speak out against the affairs of mexico
You must not be a burden upon the society and must be able to sustain youself economically
You cannot enter under false pretenses

Well that's good for them now can we get back to what we're talking about here? Because I could care else about another countries immigration laws I only care about this law in my country.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by XNeMeSis21

I agree. I'm not sure what Mexico's or any other countries immigration laws have to do with our own. Just because another countries may be worse than ours (subjective to the person with the opinion they are worse, of course) does not mean that American's shouldn't have a problem with their own (if they do).

It would be like saying, "Why do you care if women have to wear dresses down to their ankles? At least it's not like in Afghanistan where they are required to cover their face, even."

It doesn't seem like a logical argument.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by XNeMeSis21
Okay just answer me this how do you think they're going to enforce this law in a fair way without racially profiling people that might be "illegal aliens"? How do you think they're going to filter out the illegal aliens huh, by asking everyone for their documments? I think not, only "suspected illegals" ( brown skinned ) are going to get questioned on a daily basis. I bet if all illegal aliens looked caucasian this law wouldn't exist and things would be done a little different.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by XNeMeSis21]

Newsflash...Its based on ILLEGALS not skin color.

Next, you have to be pulled over for a crime then and only then can you be asked for your legal status...and again it doesn't matter what skin your color is. You can be yella', white, black, blue, green, red, brown...etc. You commit a crime, you will get pulled over and have to prove you legal status.

If you are a Legal citizen, why are you worried? How long does it take to show an ID? your logic makes me

[edit on 29-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

Supporting to allow the government more power is a bad idea.. or hasn't the govt misused their powers already enough for ya? every time they pass some dumb law and super "obama promise" it's only aimed at "insert cause de jure here".. the authority ends up abused and hands on a silver platter.. yet another set of justifiable reasons for govt uniforms to finger-bang ALL of us.

And guess what?, they know people are passionate about it so they advertise the power grab with the same stale con job: It's necessary for all the "right" reasons you adamantly agree with... help us erode more rights!! we promise it will only be used on "them"!, and we don't like them..do we?

Go ahead, cheer-lead more govt authority and power like a 1930s german all riled up about the good of the fath..er,...homeland being harmed by "those people".. just remember it's a stale divisive mind-set fascists rely on..

It's all a game, and you're the pawn:
One generation it's blacks..ok done with them, how about jews!.. ok, hated them.. now muslims!, yeah muslims!!.. the muslim thing is wearing out lets bring "illegals" and mexicans! back in hate fashion, they're always good to turn the local tax-slaves on the labor slaves!!

Ever notice there is always a nefarious evil "doesn't look like me" or have what I have" "them"?.. scary strange people from other zip codes? and isn't it convenient the GOP & DNC purposefully fail to keep "them" from walking here?.. it's almost as if TPTB are using "them" illegals as both cheap labor and a means to perpetuate the fascist need for someone to hate on.

edit: ask yourself who benefits from all this? not you or me, or illegals.. ya'll grow suspicious and resentful of each other.. you divide. You're being rounded up into your tribe by cattle dog politicians nipping at your heels while barking propaganda.. it's all a game, don't play.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by GovtFlu]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Damn you Villaretardo!

This guy IMO sucks as a mayor for Los Angeles.

Isnt his name supposed to be Tony Vilar now? After he got caught bangin that chick from Telemundo I thought his wife left him? His wifes name is Raigosa, they combined their names when they got married. (how quaint )

Its obvious why he has to publicly condemn this immigration bill. Los Angeles is becoming predominately hispanic, and has MANY illegals. How do you think he got elected?!

Of course he probably doesnt want to piss off his Telemundo mistress.

For those of you who dont know, Telemundo is an all spanish speaking channel here in SoCal

[edit on 29-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

Oh yeah, cause illegals have voting rights, right? Do some homework

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Let me clarify and say that this is response to those people who say that our Immigration policies are xenophobic or that this is race based or that we are own Immigration laws are drakkonian affairs concerning those who would like to gain entry into this country. I have no problem with legal immigration, by the way. I'm just pointing out that we have been pretty lax as a country on enforcing our immigration policy. We also allow those who become naturalized citizens the right to vote, bear arms, hold some public offices, own land, and speak freely. This is why I think people should stop making generalizations. Also, what's going to happen when other states get involved in California's business if they actually legalize marijuana in November? I think other states should recognize the 10th Amendment and also but their noses out of the affairs of other states. LA is more than welcome and capable to start welcoming the illegals from Arizona into their communities.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well I just heard on the news, the response to La from the state of Arizona, the bottom line that AZ is telling California, put up or shut up. It seems that the state of AZ holds a few aces up its sleeve and the primary one being electical power. You see California owns parts of power plants out in AZ, and if they are very serious about this boycott, then start the process of cutting the ties to the state of AZ. Course will work against them, as it also means that they lose things like water and electricity. After all it turns out that 25% of the electricity that LA consumes, comes from AZ. So this is going to get very interesting here real quick.
For those who are so welcoming of the illegale immigrants, do you think it would matter if they got the right to vote without being a citizen of the United States of America, able to influence the politics and decisions of the government that they really are not legally entitled to participate in? Do you think that you would be able to go to any country and vote in their election?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by sdcigarpig]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I understand that Mayor Villaraigosa of L. A. is assuring all Illegals have a Mexifornia Driver Licence. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52f20862fbdb.jpg[/atsimg]
Is this True?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by guohua]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join