It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Villaraigosa backs L.A. boycott of Arizona over immigration crackdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I say we should boycott CA and Los Angeles!

www.zazzle.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The only thing wrong with the Arizona Law is the extra strain it's going to put on prisons and law enforcement.

What is the point of catching illegal immigrants if you don't have a boarder?

Is this a sport? Catch and relies fishing tournament? Is there a prize for how times you can catch and deport the same illegal.

The law is retarded unless you have a secure boarder, plain and simple.

Mexicans should not complain about racial profiling because that's what Mexico and every other country does the only difference is Mexico and the rest only have one race to profile LOL.

I just think complaining and passing laws leading to the capture of people because they are here illegally is a wast of energy and money. You should use that energy and money on building a wall then you pass laws like the Arizona Law.

You guys are putting your pants on before the underwear and destroying peoples lives by doing it.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I already stated in another thread I will not buy anything (knowingly) from California after this. Screw them and any illegals here in the U.S.

Do not give me the cock and bull story about how my ancestors came here illegally either. A large part of my ancestry is Native American. I think if you are here legally good for you if not screw off.

Do not tell me they only do jobs others will not. That is crap. If you are too prideful to work any job offered to you when you need one then that might be true. But jobs put food on my families table and when I need one any job will do. Those who support illegals, hire illegals and house illegals are no different than the big corporations so many on here complain about sending U.S. jobs overseas where they have child labor, near slave labor, and slave labor.

Facts are if there were no illegals those hiring them would pay more which would increase wages nationwide as the competition for workers would rise.

Any illegal found should be shipped back to their country of origin (where ever that might be) with no questions asked and should never be allowed to be a legal citizen.

Sorry California (well not really) but you lost any income from me you might receive.

Raist

[edit on 4/29/10 by Raist]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Look America is in a CRISIS situation here. Extreme circumstances call for extremem measures. If it takes a few years of "racial" profiling to get rid of illegals so be it. Real hispanic Americans should have no problem with this. I wouldn't. I'd be HAPPY to get pulled over and show that I'm an American citizen. Hell as a white American PULL ME OVER! I'm AN AMERICAN I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!

The fact is hispanics need to be honest. They WANT illegals to come into this country. In fact a majority of hispanics think Mexico should take back the Southwest and would love for them to do it. But you won't hear them admit it. I just witnessed Carlos Mencia and Joe Arpaio. If your average Mexican thinks like Carlos Mencia they are idiots!!!!!!!!!!11

How can you speak for the "Real hispanic Americans" as a "White American" ? First of all I don't even know what "Real Hispanic Americans" means.
But as a Hispanic American myself I can tell you me and the other Hispanic Americans that I know think this law is full of sh#t, and just so you know Carlos Mencia isn't even mexican his name isn't even Carlos it's Ned Arnel Mencía and his from San Pedro Sula, Honduras, and I personaly hate his a@@ and his stupid comedy because he makes fun of a group of people he has nothing to do with him. Please get your facts straight before you start ranting off.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

I already stated in another thread I will not buy anything (knowingly) from California after this. Screw them and any illegals here in the U.S.

Do not give me the cock and bull story about how my ancestors came here illegally either. A large part of my ancestry is Native American. I think if you are here legally good for you if not screw off.

Do not tell me they only do jobs others will not. That is crap. If you are to prideful to work any job offered to you when you need one then that might be true. But jobs put food on my families table and when I need one any job will do. Those who support illegals, hire illegals and house illegals are no different than the big corporations so many on here complain about sending U.S. jobs overseas where they have child labor, near slave labor, and slave labor.

Facts are if there were no illegals those hiring them would pay more which would increase wages nationwide as the competition for workers would rise.

Any illegal found should be shipped back to their country of origin (where ever that might be) with no questions asked and should never be allowed to be a legal citizen.

Sorry California (well not really) but you lost any income from me you might receive.

Raist

California's economy is the largest of any state in the US, and is the eighth largest economy in the world. I think california will survive without your business, I hope arizona can as well after the boycott that has already begun on them..

[edit on 29-4-2010 by XNeMeSis21]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XNeMeSis21

How well are their finances again?

Let’s take a look at that.

articles.sfgate.com...

"California is deeply in debt. You could say that it's bankrupt," Attorney General - and presumptive Democratic gubernatorial candidate - Jerry Brown told a group of young Democrats earlier this month.

www.businessinsider.com...

thanks to Slate for answering a question that's certainly on the mind of a lot of folks: can California actually go bankrupt?
Long story short: Yes.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Republican U.S. Senate candidate Carly Fiorina suggested that the state of California should consider declaring bankruptcy, apparently unaware that states cannot do that under federal bankruptcy law.

A very quick search tells me they are broke.

I am glad California is not my accountant.

Tell me again though how well they are doing? Please indulge me on how profitable California is. If they are bringing in so much cash I guess they can find their own fix and do it without the rest of the nations help. California can keep to themselves and we can see how well they do.

Raist

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

You are so incredibly wrong about "Real Hispanic Americans" it's down right knee slapping funny.

A real Hispanic american is one of the most racist creatures you will ever meet in your life. There hate for the countries they came from and the shame they feel for being a part of a country they left is so astounding that I guarantee you they would push any red button that would nuk Mexico and it's people off the face of the Earth.

You think Legal immigrants want Mexico to take over the US? You have it backward buddy.

Oh and just to let you know Every Hispanic non Mexican Legal immigrant Hates Mexicans they hate them alll! They are so tired of being confused with a Mexican that they cry in bed at night, they cry soundless tears of revolt.

It's no biggie really I don't like puerto ricans myself actually.

If you guys want to completely stop Illegal immigration into the US all you have to do is put a boarder badge on a bunch of Mexicans and puerto ricans and they will kill any illegal that attempts to cross your boarder, even their own mother.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Do not buy from them.

They are located in California.

Private Company, Headquarters Location
66 Willow Pl., Menlo Park, CA 94025, United States
(800)980-9890, (650)328-6700, www.zazzle.com...

goliath.ecnext.com...

Raist

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
The only thing wrong with the Arizona Law is the extra strain it's going to put on prisons and law enforcement.

What is the point of catching illegal immigrants if you don't have a boarder?

The law is retarded unless you have a secure boarder, plain and simple.

A secure boarder? A boarder is

1.a person, esp. a lodger, who is supplied with regular meals.
2.a member of a boarding party.
dictionary.com

So, how do you propose securing the boarder?? Since you are so much smarter than this law, surely you should know?

It seems these illegal alien invaders fit #2 of that definition, except the boarding party has been going on for years now.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
If you guys want to completely stop Illegal immigration into the US all you have to do is put a boarder badge on a bunch of Mexicans and puerto ricans and they will kill any illegal that attempts to cross your boarder, even their own mother.

What exactly is a "boarder" badge?

If I were renting to a boarder, I sure wouldn't want an illegal to cross him/her. I don't want an illegal to cross me, either.

Perhaps we should put the military on the border and have them kill any illegal trying to cross the border. If you invade a country, you should be at least shot at for it. They don't belong here anyway.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Look at what Mexico does to control illegals in their country:

(Full article can be found here: townhall.com...)

-The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset "the equilibrium of the national demographics."
-They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.
-Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years' imprisonment.
-Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens' arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.
-A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens' identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

Clearly this is what the U.S. should have implemented decades ago and we wouldn't be in the sorry state we're in right now. I wish more states would follow AZ's lead. All this political correctness has lead to the decline of this country.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Several things:
1) The law that has been enacted by the state of Arizona, points are word for word off of the Federal laws, so how is that against the constitution?
2) Is it fair? I hear the calls that this needs to be fair and equal, however if an illegale immigrant kills someone, and then goes back to Mexico, we are not able to have the suspect deported back to the US, unless there is guarantee that the death penalty will not be imposed. But if a citizen of this country were to commit the same crime, they throw the book at the person, including the death penalty, is that fair? How is it that illegale immigrants, who committ crimes, get a far less penalty?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by XNeMeSis21

REAL HISPANIC AMERICANS are those that believe in being American i.e. speaking english as their first language, adopting the Constitution, embracing life, liberty and the puruist of happiness and flying the American flag on top of the Mexican flag........Does that clarify everything for you?

My father moved to the USA at 25 years old from Poland. I know what a real American immigrant is. I'm downright sick of hispanics and mexicans acting like they are the only immigrants in this nation. My father leanred the language and worked his ass off. He never sucked a dime off the government, paid his taxes and raised three kids and put them through college.

And My point about carlos mencia still stands. i don't care where he's from. He pretends to speak for hispanics so I will judge him as such. Eitehr way he's an idiot and any minority that listens to him or agrees with him. Are YOU American? Do YOU know what it means to be an American?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Let them go ahead and boycott because 70% of the country are for

what the Arizona Governor is doing to protect the citizens against the

influx of illegals coming into that state.

I have heard that Americans that support the efforts of Arizona

protecting their citizens from illegals are not boycotting but are

buying goods and services from Arizona on the internet and catalogs to

counter or offset any boycott activity by other states, cities and

organizations. ^Y^

[edit on 29-4-2010 by amari]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
lol at some of you turning this into a california vs the rest of the states thing, kinda childish and rediculous don't you think? This mayor of LA does not represent the thoughts of all people who live here in CA. I personally do not wan't to see ANY MORE illegals here! I don't care if people come through the proper channels and come here legally, then its all good, but we don't need more illegals, and especially here in CA! Although I do not quite agree with this thing in Arizona, it kind of reminds me of racial profiling, which is something I do not agree with!

[edit on 29-4-2010 by jeasahtheseer]

[edit on 29-4-2010 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

I would also add onto where you left off, there are plenty more of LEGAL and US Citizens who can avoid & boycott California or any other state or entity looking to boycott Arizona

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My wife just looked over my shoulder, OMG ( Buddhist )
These people are still ranting and raving about the poor Mexican?

I know of Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and Jamaicans that are here illegally and you know What?
Most plan to stay and be the best illegal citizen they can and continuing to take the bus every where they go.
Hell, Two of the wives (illegals themselves) are attending Phoenix College.
After they get their degree, home they will go, that is what they say.

Anyway, my wife just whispered in my ear,,,,, Don't let them send those poor Mexican Bastards to China,,, Ever heard the phrase Organ Donor?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join