It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Villaraigosa backs L.A. boycott of Arizona over immigration crackdown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by amari

I would also add onto where you left off, there are plenty more of LEGAL and US Citizens who can avoid & boycott California or any other state or entity looking to boycott Arizona

My wife just got off the phone with numerous Big-Time Buyers in China, Many are family and still in the Government and many, many Old friends and they all know more people. All are Buyers and Shippers of something. California will also feel the effects of a Boycott of goods bought there and I guess their shipping cost just went UP!

Arizona does have big and small businesses that deal with China. I understand from the YE family, Arizona is getting a Boost and some really good discounts on shipping.

My wife again with that warning,,, Organ Donor, same day service.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by guohua]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by XNeMeSis21

REAL HISPANIC AMERICANS are those that believe in being American i.e. speaking english as their first language, adopting the Constitution, embracing life, liberty and the puruist of happiness and flying the American flag on top of the Mexican flag........Does that clarify everything for you?

And My point about carlos mencia still stands. i don't care where he's from. He pretends to speak for hispanics so I will judge him as such. Eitehr way he's an idiot and any minority that listens to him or agrees with him. Are YOU American? Do YOU know what it means to be an American?

I see thanks for clarifying that for me okay well under your definition of "Real Hispanic Americans" I am one and I agree with you on that and I do adopt the Constitusion and thats why I won't just stand down as they try to stomp on my constitutional rights.

Because according to MY U.S. Constitution and international treaties and law, every person has the fundamental right to equal protection under the law regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, or national origin. Racial profiling is an insidious violation of these rights. So I'm not going to step a side and let me self be profiled for this stupid law or any other, treat us all the same or get rid of it.

Edited to add flaming angry faces.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by XNeMeSis21]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

So basically your saying that Arizona is going to die of led poisoning......

If I was an angry American full of rage at the illegal Mexican with a shrine in my house glorifying a framed copy of the resent Arizona Law and heard I would have to eat Chinese crap, I'd start wearing a sombrero and sing mariachi music.

"Screw the Arizona Law I want to live "Da, ra ra, ra,ra,ra,ra,ra Da,ra,ra,ra,ra,ra Hiiii yayayayaya!!!"

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
lol at some of you turning this into a california vs the rest of the states thing, kinda childish and rediculous don't you think? This mayor of LA does not represent the thoughts of all people who live here in CA. I personally do not wan't to see ANY MORE illegals here! I don't care if people come through the proper channels and come here legally, then its all good, but we don't need more illegals, and especially here in CA! Although I do not quite agree with this thing in Arizona, it vaguely reminds me of racial profiling, which is something I do not agree with!

[edit on 29-4-2010 by jeasahtheseer]

I agree this isn't california vs the rest of the states. I didn't turn it into that someone else did but anyway I'm glad to see even someone that doesn't agree with what the LA Mayor says about this law. Can "vaguely" see how this might remind him of racial profiling. Now only if the rest could "Vaguely" see that it would be nice.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by guohua

So basically your saying that Arizona is going to die of led poisoning......

If I was an angry American full of rage at the illegal Mexican with a shrine in my house glorifying a framed copy of the resent Arizona Law and heard I would have to eat Chinese crap, I'd start wearing a sombrero and sing mariachi music.

"Screw the Arizona Law I want to live "Da, ra ra, ra,ra,ra,ra,ra Da,ra,ra,ra,ra,ra Hiiii yayayayaya!!!"

I really do understand you are not the very brightest person.
But I happen to like Chinese food and my wife is a Great Cook.
Never heard about this Lead Poisoning thing though. I guess you consumed a lot of lead there, where ever your from or pretend to be from.
I don't remember only speaking about illegal Mexicans, But then at my advanced age, I might of said something only about them.

You can go ahead and wear your sombrero and sing your mariachi music.
Put Please don't interrupted my sleep.
Please do not Thank Me for spelling Sombrero correctly for you.
Now young he/she, You Are Dismissed and Ignored. I don't Play Nice When You Start Bad Mouthing Chinese Food or Culture.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by guohua]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Wow wait one second Sir, I love Chinese food, who doesnt?

I just don't like it to much when my dog spontaneously explodes after eating Purina brand from china Or that Chinese lead painted toys will make already dumb kids even dumber.

There are a lot of Chinese immigrants down here in Mexico I used to have a very good Chinese friend named Mamou and we used to peek through the Chinese peoples window and watch all the cool Chinese wire martial arts films.

I like Chinese immigrants and the food rocks, but as for homeland Chinese, I'd rather not receive their dangerously lower standard products that HAVE killed people and continue to do so till this day.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

If you know they are here illegally and you are supporting them by not reporting them you are just as bad. Illegal is illegal. They either need to sign up to be legal or leave.

This is not about Mexicans, it is about illegals. How hard it that to understand? Nowhere in the law does it say to only ask or arrest those of Latino descent. Please point to the area in the law that says this has anything to do with race or appearance.

Raist

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XNeMeSis21

[edit on 29-4-2010 by XNeMeSis21]

Newsflash...Its based on ILLEGALS not skin color.

Next, you have to be pulled over for a crime then and only then can you be asked for your legal status...and again it doesn't matter what skin your color is. You can be yella', white, black, blue, green, red, brown...etc. You commit a crime, you will get pulled over and have to prove you legal status.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

That part about having to be pulled over for a crime is a bigot apologist talking point lie. If that were so, it would be too hard to harass brown skinned citizens. So they created a new crime of trespass in a public or private place while not having "papers." And the basis for detention was reduced from "probable cause" to "reasonable suspicion.", whatever the hell that means. There is no definition in the law. In effect, the crime is now breathing while brown and you are presumed guilty until you prove your innocence with "papers."

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by guohua

If you know they are here illegally and you are supporting them by not reporting them you are just as bad. Illegal is illegal. They either need to sign up to be legal or leave.

This is not about Mexicans, it is about illegals. How hard it that to understand? Nowhere in the law does it say to only ask or arrest those of Latino descent. Please point to the area in the law that says this has anything to do with race or appearance.

Raist

You Are Absolutely correct. Really You Are!
And I want you to know, I Agree With You! Not to report these people is Wrong.
I made a phone call to the Phoenix I.C.E. office and made a report.

After they looked me up in their data base, I was told that it wold be looked into , investigated and action would be taken if warranted.

Have I heard this before? YUP. I knew as well as every one else here, Our Government would do nothing under Democrat controlled. Ok, Ok, Yes, You could say Repulican too,,, really not anybetter.

Why would they want to interrupt their voting base and future voting base, Hell, all those future poor down trodden people will need the Dem's to look after them.

Raist,,, Sorry I'm Ranting, I just wanted you to know, Yes my wife and I called. It's early for an old retired type to be typing and not have any coffee yet.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Oh, I’m sorry I took it as you knew and were not reporting them, my apologies.

I would agree though either party is not looking to help when it comes to the Federal government. The idea of a “two” party system is a joke, and became so years ago (most likely before I was even born).

I hope this though pushes other states to take the same actions. At least maybe something will be done.

Raist

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I hope I am just overreacting, but does anyone else feel like this issue has the potential to cause serious divisions between the states in the USA? Boycotting your fellow citizens because the state they live in passed a law that cracks down on illegal immigrants.

Be careful, you are being turned against your own countrymen...

[edit on 30/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I still don't get the sense of entitlement.

Illegals come in and then act offended, and as if their rights are being violated when people want them to go back from whence they came.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by guohua

Raist

Of course they can't say that.
But look at this even people closest to this law know it's wrong this is Arizonas Own Mayor had to say about it. Mayor Phil Gordon Best Voted Mayor in North America by the way.

Arizona immigration law: Mayor Gordon still pushing lawsuit

The Democratic mayor said he has requested the City Council on Tuesday to consider suing the state on grounds the new immigration law is "unconstitutional" and "unenforceable."

Read more: www.azcentral.com...

Unconstitutional and unenforceable? what do you think he means by that?
By the way he coudln't find enough support for the suit because people don't have the guts to fight for whats right without being so politically correct, but he sure does his going to sue with his own private money since he believes in this so strongly.

People aren't just making this racial profiling stuff up, not conviced? here is one more for you.

Az. Sheriff Speaks Out Against Immigration Law

Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik didn't hold back in his public attack on the new immigration bill, during a news conference in Tucson on Wednesday.
"I think the law is devisive," said Dupnik. "It's stupid, and it's racist. It's a national embarrassment"

www.kpho.com...
"National Embarrassment"
Oh please tell me how this is all lies and these people who would know best about this law don't know what they are talking about. And you do thanks.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by XNeMeSis21]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am glad these Sheriffs are speaking out against the LAW of the land which Arizona emulated. These are the same people who will be out of a job soon as 70% of Arizona favors the LAWS placed and Majority of Americans favor Arizona's Stance on ILLEGAL Immigration send him a PINK Slip...

Keep it up sympathizers

[edit on 30-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I am glad these Sheriffs are speaking out against the LAW of the land which Arizona emulated. These are the same people who will be out of a job soon as 70% of Arizona favors the LAWS placed and Majority of Americans favor Arizona's Stance on ILLEGAL Immigration send him a PINK Slip...

Keep it up sympathizers

[edit on 30-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

Should they get rid of the Mayor as well? And I'm not a sympathizer of Illegals rights. I'm just againts laws that can't be enforced without racially profiling a group of people, I will never support that no matter how unpopular it is.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Should they get rid of the Mayor as well? And I'm not a sympathizer of Illegals rights. I'm just againts laws that can't be enforced without racially profiling a group of people, I will never support that no matter how unpopular it is.

What the **** are you talking about? How can laws not be enforced without racially profiling? Have you ever traveled on a plane and been through the security at the airport? Everyone gets screened, there is no profiling. So anyone who breaks the LAW will be screened for legal status, there is no profiling.

And Yes the Mayor is getting the pink slip too.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

What the **** are you talking about? How can laws not be enforced without racially profiling? Have you ever traveled on a plane and been through the security at the airport? Everyone gets screened, there is no profiling. So anyone who breaks the LAW will be screened for legal status, there is no profiling.

And Yes the Mayor is getting the pink slip too.

Thanks for making my point exactly and what a horrible use of an example.

Lets take a look at the example you used "going through security at the airport" as you pointed out "EVERYONE GETS SCREENED" Now point to me where it says that in this stupid law, oh wait it doesn't it only says suspected people of being illegal will be stopped and questioned by law enforcement about their legal status. Do you see how that is not the same? NOT EVERYONE just suspected people = racial profiling.

If everyone was really going to be screened I would be all for it but intill that changes I will be againts it sorry.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I completely agree down with this anti hispanic pro racial profiling law just because someone skin is brown they're going to be treated differently forget that, the hispanic community isn't ready to be treated as second class citizens thanks but no thanks! Arizona get ready for the backlash of your anti constitutional laws.

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is all about voter base....really.

This is the same man that said a few years back that a white person couldnt represent latinos in LA, whiel running for office. Racist pile of #.

Sort of like Sotomayors comments. Wise latino woman and white males...blabber blah blah.....racist pile of steaming hot #.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I still don't get the sense of entitlement.

Illegals come in and then act offended, and as if their rights are being violated when people want them to go back from whence they came.

This has nothing to do with what we're talking about here but thanks for trying. We aren't talking about illegals rights we're talking about the racial profling this law is going to bring to the legal Hispanic community.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Let me ask you this. Do you think, if I ever travel to AZ and get pulled over for speeding, being a white female with and "American" accent, and left my ID at my hotel, that I will ever be accused of being an illegal immigrant? I won't show up on their computer. Do you think they will then haul me off to jail until my citizenship can be verified?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join