It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Villaraigosa backs L.A. boycott of Arizona over immigration crackdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Villaraigosa backs L.A. boycott of Arizona over immigration crackdown

latimesblogs.latimes.com

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said Thursday that he supports a boycott of Arizona by the city of Los Angeles, and he called that state's newly passed immigration law "unpatriotic and unconstitutional."

"No person should be treated differently in the eyes of the law," he said at a news conference.

The mayor said boycotts have worked in the past and pointed to the city's divestiture from South Africa in the 1980s to protest apartheid
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I completely agree down with this anti hispanic pro racial profiling law just because someone skin is brown they're going to be treated differently forget that, the hispanic community isn't ready to be treated as second class citizens thanks but no thanks! Arizona get ready for the backlash of your anti constitutional laws.

latimesblogs.latimes.com

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by XNeMeSis21

I completely agree down with this anti hispanic pro racial profiling law just because someone skin is brown they're going to be treated differently forget that, the hispanic community isn't ready to be treated as second class citizens thanks but no thanks! Arizona get ready for the backlash of your anti constitutional laws.

latimesblogs.latimes.com

You obviously failed to look at the existing laws of the land which the Federal government failed to do also.

The only one that needs to get ready for a backlash are you and people like you who support ILLEGAL activities.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
You obviously failed to look at the existing laws of the land which the Federal government failed to do also.

The only one that needs to get ready for a backlash are you and people like you who support ILLEGAL activities.

I was unaware not waiting to be racially profiled and asked for my documents everytime I need to walk down the street, just because of the color of my skin was "Illegal Activities".

[edit on 29-4-2010 by XNeMeSis21]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by XNeMeSis21

The law is a just law, you dont like it challenge it, we protect the rights of illegals over Amerian rights? All there going to do is deport these bastards back to whereever they came from.... Contrary to what the liberals say there not getting on a train to a gas chamber or slave labor.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You can try to turn this into a race-bait thread which the actual LAWS aren't. From one Legal BROWN Skinned citizen to another BROWN skinned person with what ever status, Get with the program or Get out of the way.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There is opposition and there is support...

www.foxnews.com... -+US%29

From Minnesota to Georgia, Politicians Lend Support to Arizona Immigration Law

If it's good enough for the desert, it's good enough for 10,000 lakes. That's what a group in Minnesota is saying as it calls for an Arizona-style crackdown on immigration in the North Star State.

And more than a thousand miles away, in Georgia, a Republican candidate for governor says he's all for it.

Ruthie Hendrycks, president and founder of Minnesotans Seeking Immigration Reform, says Arizona's new immigration law should be mirrored in Minnesota, where roughly 125,000 illegal immigrants lived as of 2007, according to some estimates.

"This issue of illegal immigration and addressing it is long overdue," Hendrycks told FoxNews.com. "The situation is out of control, and until the federal government steps up to the plate to enforce our laws, the states have no other choice than to enforce federal law through state law."

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

The law is a just law, you dont like it challenge it, we protect the rights of illegals over Amerian rights? All there going to do is deport these bastards back to whereever they came from.... Contrary to what the liberals say there not getting on a train to a gas chamber or slave labor.

Maybe you should look at the story of Greene Cottonham, who was arrested for not having "papers" in another racist fascist state, enrolled in that state's version of Arizona's work furlough program, and was sold to US Steel to work as a coal miner for $12 a month paid to the sheriff. In Arizona, if put on work furlough, your paycheck goes to the government official. They re delivered into slave labor. You may be next. Arizona is 2010's 1963 Alabama and Jan Brewer is our century's Bull Conner.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You can try to turn this into a race-bait thread which the actual LAWS aren't. From one Legal BROWN Skinned citizen to another BROWN skinned person with what ever status, Get with the program or Get out of the way.

Okay just answer me this how do you think they're going to enforce this law in a fair way without racially profiling people that might be "illegal aliens"? How do you think they're going to filter out the illegal aliens huh, by asking everyone for their documments? I think not, only "suspected illegals" ( brown skinned ) are going to get questioned on a daily basis. I bet if all illegal aliens looked caucasian this law wouldn't exist and things would be done a little different.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Lets see heis in jail...... hmmm i know alot of state have these programs... not slavery its alled paying back your debt,from free meals and room and board.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Okay just answer me this how do you think they're going to enforce this law in a fair way without racially profiling people that might be "illegal aliens"? How do you think they're going to filter out the illegal aliens huh, by asking everyone for their documments? I think not, only "suspected illegals" ( brown skinned ) are going to get questioned on a daily basis. I bet if all illegal aliens looked caucasian this law wouldn't exist and things would be done a little different.

Newsflash...Its based on ILLEGALS not skin color.

Next, you have to be pulled over for a crime then and only then can you be asked for your legal status...and again it doesn't matter what skin your color is. You can be yella', white, black, blue, green, red, brown...etc. You commit a crime, you will get pulled over and have to prove you legal status.

If you are a Legal citizen, why are you worried? How long does it take to show an ID? your logic makes me

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Damn you Villaretardo!

This guy IMO sucks as a mayor for Los Angeles.

Isnt his name supposed to be Tony Vilar now? After he got caught bangin that chick from Telemundo I thought his wife left him? His wifes name is Raigosa, they combined their names when they got married. (how quaint )

Its obvious why he has to publicly condemn this immigration bill. Los Angeles is becoming predominately hispanic, and has MANY illegals. How do you think he got elected?!

Of course he probably doesnt want to piss off his Telemundo mistress.

For those of you who dont know, Telemundo is an all spanish speaking channel here in SoCal

[edit on 29-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
villaraigosa is a traitor.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
[sarcasm] Okay, let's do this Mexico's way......

Order the tanks and APCs to blockade the border of California, Nevada, new mexico, and Texas. And shoot them as they walk across.

Then let the Illegals here know that they have 30 days to sign up to be a LEGAL Immigrant, Or we will hunt them down and shoot them.

Sounds good to me......[/sarcasm]

Or would they rather we just deport them when we find them?

I still say we need our borders closed.

Edited for typos

[edit on 29-4-2010 by pyrael]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I know of a way to do this without "profiling".
Make EVERYONE do it.

Like people said, its not only Mexicans that are here illegally.

Have a national "American or GTFO" day.

Im willing to prove my citizenship, all they have to do is ask.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
I know of a way to do this without "profiling".
Make EVERYONE do it.

Like people said, its not only Mexicans that are here illegally.

Have a national "American or GTFO" day.

Im willing to prove my citizenship, all they have to do is ask.

Finally someone that makes some sense, I completely agree make everyone do it or don't do it at all. Or else you leave the door open for all kinds of profiling and dicrimination. And I'm more then willing to show anyone my prove of citizenship as well, but I will not be singled out because of this half a@@ law.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Look America is in a CRISIS situation here. Extreme circumstances call for extremem measures. If it takes a few years of "racial" profiling to get rid of illegals so be it. Real hispanic Americans should have no problem with this. I wouldn't. I'd be HAPPY to get pulled over and show that I'm an American citizen. Hell as a white American PULL ME OVER! I'm AN AMERICAN I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!

The fact is hispanics need to be honest. They WANT illegals to come into this country. In fact a majority of hispanics think Mexico should take back the Southwest and would love for them to do it. But you won't hear them admit it. I just witnessed Carlos Mencia and Joe Arpaio. If your average Mexican thinks like Carlos Mencia they are idiots!!!!!!!!!!11

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Finally someone that makes some sense, I completely agree make everyone do it or don't do it at all. Or else you leave the door open for all kinds of profiling and dicrimination. And I'm more then willing to show anyone my prove of citizenship as well, but I will not be singled out because of this half a@@ law.

Another Newsflash: The LAW doesn't single out anyone based on their skin tone. So in other words every one is going to be getting asked about their legal status if they get pulled over for breaking any laws.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Another Newsflash: The LAW doesn't single out anyone based on their skin tone. So in other words every one is going to be getting asked about their legal status if they get pulled over for breaking any laws.

Alright, I didn't think you were retarded, I am sorry for before...

Now... you say it doesn't single out anyone based on their skin tone

OK

Please explain how this will be enforced?

How are police going to find these illegals?

First; humans have five senses

is this right?

So are you saying police are going to identify illegals with hearing, smell, touch and taste?

You tell me EXACTLY how will police identify these illegals?

Are there psychic policemen?

Inform all of us, because you keep saying the same thing...

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Alright, I didn't think you were retarded, I am sorry for before...

Now... you say it doesn't single out anyone based on their skin tone

OK

Please explain how this will be enforced?

How are police going to find these illegals?

First; humans have five senses

is this right?

So are you saying police are going to identify illegals with hearing, smell, touch and taste?

You tell me EXACTLY how will police identify these illegals?

Are there psychic policemen?

Inform all of us, because you keep saying the same thing...

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Janky Red]

Let me get your Gray Matter Neurons firing again, maybe we can save you from being a mindless zombie after all.

The LAW only applies to people pulled over for breaking a LAW whether it be speeding or walking away from a crime scene while fitting description of witnesses, whichever it is once you are pulled over only then a LAW ENFORCEMENT can ask you for you Legal Verification. Whether you are LEGAL, US CITIZEN, and OR ILLEGAL. And then after the said papers are verified, Legal Status can be verified.

YaY for understanding the English Language and then using it to understand the written LAWS>

Notice I don't mention Skin Tone, you can wear all the make up you like...hell I would recommend you even wearing purple make up with Green Eyeshadow & Bleached hair and the same rules will apply.

Now quit trying to formulate something out of nothing....Comprende`.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join