It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Visited Barracks home country Kenya...? HOAX..?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I just cant believe my ears.... but then again, every post almost about Obama and KENYA turns out to be a HOAX... so - I dont know...
ah~ is she lying too...?

watch out ... here come the Judge... Here come the Judge..

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
She never would have said such a thing about her hubbie.
It's probably a computer generated Michelle meant to keep the birther ball rolling and rolling, therefore it's a hoax.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

You do realize that "home country" does not have to mean "born there" ... right?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This has been posted before. Yes, she said that. But theirs another thread which Africans refer to their ancestral home countries as their "home land"

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Its a HOAX,

Everytime someone breaks rank and spits out anything close to the truth it has to be labeled a HOAX or the liberal/progressive Obama zombie elves will come out & make you into dough for their cookies.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
it certainly does look legit. I am sure she didn't really mean it though. Just pulled a Biden, I mean a screw up while on camera. I am so ready for 2012. We can get a new puppet and all this crap will go away. I wonder if he will give a speech on his leaving office and say "Ha bitches! I was born in Kenya!!" Just to rub some salt in the wound.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Again, I concur. Home country does not mean place of birth.
I have known many Italian Americans, Irish Americans and the like who refer to the homelands of their parents and grandparents as "homeland."

It refers to cultural heritage.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
I have known many Italian Americans, Irish Americans and the like who refer to the homelands of their parents and grandparents as "homeland."

Wasn't his mother an US citizen?

Line 2

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
This has been posted before. Yes, she said that. But theirs another thread which Africans refer to their ancestral home countries as their "home land"

I'm sorry but the ancestral home I've always heard mentioned refers to the continent itself, not specific countries.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
one would think that a buy born Hawaii and currently holding the most important position that exists in the country would call USA his home land. Show a bit of class for sh*t sake.

edit to add:
This reinforces my belief that anyone applying for the job of President needs to have served in the Armed forces in some capacity before being put on the ballot. (an no, I didn't think McCain was all that)

[edit on 28-4-2010 by network dude]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Goth'a ya! Thanks for the info amigo.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
one would think that a buy born Hawaii and currently holding the most important position that exists in the country would call USA his home land. Show a bit of class for sh*t sake.

edit to add:
This reinforces my belief that anyone applying for the job of President needs to have served in the Armed forces in some capacity before being put on the ballot. (an no, I didn't think McCain was all that)

Looks like you disagree w/ the constitution on all points here. Must be another one of those conservative judicial activists.

Best,
SN

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
if you call one country your HOMELAND and run another. thats a huge conflict of intrests what would happen if it came down to sideing with one or the other i wonder

i always thought your homeland was the place you think of as home not were your grandparents moved away from for a better life

[edit on 28/4/10 by Aceofclubs]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

Originally posted by network dude

edit to add:

Looks like you disagree w/ the constitution on all points here. Must be another one of those conservative judicial activists.

Best,
SN

no, I just think before someone has the ability to send young men and women off to die for THEIR cause, they should understand what it means to serve and sacrifice. That way they might at least think a little before they sign the paper to send 20,000 troops to some sh*t hole for 15 months. But your right, I must just be one of those idiots.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Anti-Evil

You do realize that "home country" does not have to mean "born there" ... right?

Here we go again.

But ....

home town means born there.

home state means born there.

home country? Nah, NEVER /sarcasm means born there.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

I've never heard other Americans call a foreign country their homeland if they weren't born there before becoming (legal) citizens.

But, even if what you said was true, how exactly does kenya figure into obama's "cultural heritage"?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

If you consider that Obama is (or is accused of...) depending on one's view - either quite politically correct (culturally or otherwise) and is constantly taking into consideration the affects of his words/actions on others (nations included) why would it be so inconceivable that he's throwing a bone to Kenya while appearing to be culturally sensitive? It's entirely possible, some would say probable.

I'm not in this debate one way or another - I just think this "particular instance" has been played out (reference the search link I posted) and therefore, this thread is pointless... that 30 sec. video could have (if not already) been added to the existing debate/witch hunt.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

If you consider that Obama is (or is accused of...) depending on one's view - either quite politically correct (culturally or otherwise) and is constantly taking into consideration the affects of his words/actions on others (nations included) why would it be so inconceivable that he's throwing a bone to Kenya while appearing to be culturally sensitive? It's entirely possible, some would say probable.

I'm not in this debate one way or another - I just think this "particular instance" has been played out (reference the search link I posted) and therefore, this thread is pointless... that 30 sec. video could have (if not already) been added to the existing debate/argument/witch hunt.

Cheers

Except it was his wife that said he was from kenya ...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Same concept applies to her...

Maybe more so since she generally focuses her speeches on family and social/cultural/political aspects.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Same concept applies to her...

So, you mean that she also gets a free pass whenever she slips up and says something she shouldn't have, or gets caught in a lie?

Of course you'd defend her the same as obama.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join