It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona immigration law could drive Latinos out of state

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
It is slavery.

It is most certainly NOT slavery. That statement is nothing but pure ignorance.

You pay these people nothing, you pay them less then you pay your own which is little compared to the actual cost of living.

Yet they still get paid many times over what they could be making in their own country, which is why they are here in the first place, otherwise what would be the point? They not only make enough to live on here, but they send most of their money back home to their families.

Did black slaves get free health care? YES
Did black slaves get free food? yes

Did black slaves get free beatings? YES
Did black slaves get free hangings? YES
Did black slaves get free rapings? YES

Do you see the difference?

Giving people free stuff does not me they are not slaves.

No, a slave would not be able to have a CHOICE to leave. Illegals have that choice, so by definition they are NOT slaves. At any time they choose, they can walk right back over the border without having an "owner" hunting them down.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by hinky

You have no Idea how economics works do you...

Nor do you.

All the money each person gets whether is by leaching or hard work go right into all the shops and businesses in Arizona.

No, a large portion of their earnings is sent back to relatives south of the border. Why are you ignoring this?

Your perspective of how money flows from hand in hand is astounding, it glows of ignorance.

I'd say check your own mirror for ignorance, but I suspect that you are deliberately distorting the truth to further your own agenda.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Blanca Rose

The majority of crime is not done by illegals.

Illegals try to stay on the down low, they do their best to stay under the radar and work where they can.

Legal Mexicans are the ones you should be worried about. they are the ones with rights and mooch of your prison system, get spit right back out after a crime and do it all over again.

The media spit out a word like Illegal and you guys grab it like a fish chokes on a hook.

I would love to see some documentation from reliable sources to back up your statements.

Good luck finding some.

Until then, basically everything you've said at best is nothing more that you stating your opinions.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You know I think it ironic were still arguing about the rights and wrongs of AZ actions ... Yet....

just a little while ago I posted another news story
Internet increases child exploitation problems

So here's a story about charges against a Kansas couple accused of forcing a 16-year-old into child prostitution....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

not a single comment to that one... but this 16 year old victim also happens to be a undocumented Mexican immigrant...

So can anyone here say Illegal immigration was of benefit to her???
If we had a real handle on our borders and the many illegals crossing this story would not be...

What's so wrong with standing up and just saying.
"Look, thanks for coming we hope you enjoyed your visit... but it's time you go home now!" Basically that's just what AZ did...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Once again I'm surprised that no one gets it. especially this being a conspiracy website. why should the state have have to pass laws to protect it from illegals. shouldn't it be up to the Federal Government to protect the borders? its because once again you people dont understand!! the US does NOT want to secure the border. repeat does NOT!!!!! want the border secure. why dont you people read up more on this site maybe you can figure it out. the border will never be secure so keep on crying its NEVER going to happen. the borders will not be secure because thats how the US wants it. so keep blaming the Mexicans. never mind anyone thats from Central or South America gets categorized as Mexican because you people are ignorant!! wake up people. Oh you are awake and still dont get it. to bad you lose!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We already know that they are leaving in droves, some of the worst downtown slum areas and places like Apache Junction are already like ghost towns. The illegals are bolting.

We Arizonans are just waiting for the next round of crime statistics, we all know there will be a significant drop after the 90 day wait period is over.

Seriously, I know of at least 4 separate block parties in my own heighborhood to celebrate the passing of this bill, we are all ecstatic.

We won't be bullied back into submission either, after the murder of a rancher (the thing that prompted this bill) and the statistics relating to deaths caused by drunken illegals, we are literally fighting for our survival here.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DAV25

Dear god not this again.

The Federal Government is NOT supposed to have any other job but to create infrastructure and protect America and its citizens from Foreign AND Domestic violence. This is clearly stated in our Constitution. All the Articles basically say, The Federal Government is NOT allowed over and over again. Heck, the tenth basically says if there is anything we forgot, we cant do that either.

It is supposed to be up to the States to legislate their own laws. But you have people like Barak and his whole group of Murdochs and Aires who think they can run the entire country better than our constitution states.

Its time for the States to step up and pass these anti-ILLEGAL immigration bills for the health and wealth of our country as a whole.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DAV25

So, your saying that the army should step in?

How about an army of angry Arizonan's who can now carry concealed weapons?

They are mad as hell, and they are not going to take it anymore!

This will be a battle won, of the people and for the people, of the State of Arizona!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

so whats the job of Homeland Security? since all the terrorist are coming in supposedly from Mexico. This problems has been going on for decades and nothing has been done to secure the border. what makes you think that anything will happen now. Its not going to happen

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DAV25

HS doesn't even know what there job is

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DAV25

Homeland what? They are looking for gun owners clinging to bibles!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

yes if thats needs to happen. why would the US not protect its borders?its beyond me why this problems has been allowed to happen for decades and nothing has been done. I guess America is not as smart & powerful as we think. Arizona is not the only border state.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by DAV25

Homeland what? They are looking for gun owners clinging to bibles!

If you get one of those real thick heavy bibles and stand it on end...
they make for a good rifle rest so you can make those long shots...

Seriously with all the troubles we've had here in New Mexico and Texas...no one goes unarmed but why were pissed is we, Americans shouldn't have to turn our homes into an armed encampment

[edit on 28-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Has it ever occurred to you that if the illegal population leaves, there are MORE than enough unemployed legals to take their place?

We won't lose any money. I can guarentee you that.

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights

The majority of crime is not done by illegals.

Thats funny...

I live in Kentucky. Do you have any idea where that is in the US? Just about right down the center line of the country. Almost equidistance from either the north or south border. In the City I live in, we have BORDER PATROL STATIONED AT OUR POLICE HEAD END STATION! Why? Because there are four apartment complexes in a two square mile radius that have been overrun by illegal Mexicans and illegal Cubans that have brought with the prostitution, Crack, Coke, Marijuana and Gangs.

The Majority of crime in MY county IS done by illegals.

I'm from Kentucky too.
Not to disagree with you, but I don't see much difference between those guys and that bunch of rogues and ne'er-do-wells I grew up around, other than immigration status.
I believe the farmer down the road who says he gets a government subsidy to hire workers is living pretty high on the taxpayers dime.
He sure looks a lot more like a spotless criminal than a farmer when he steps from his brand new Silverado to collect the rent from 9 people living in a shack, people the government pays him to employ.
Of course, I think people should immigrate legally, but let's enforce all the laws so no-one is made a scapegoat.
Things will seem a lot fairer to me when I see Mr. Joe CountryClub and his family led away from their golf course-adjacent mansion in cuffs because they paid Juanita 175 tax free dollars a week to be their maid.
A criminal is a criminal, after all.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Oh believe me, I think those schmucks who employ illegals are just as much guilty of criminal activity as any other gang banging punk.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

If deportation is the only answer, those who benefit from illegal labor should foot the entire bill. Make the punishment much more costly than what was gained from the crime.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

One would hope that those who are here Illegally would return to Mexico. Not only are they criminals but only a criminal can hire them. The State Law did not change the existing Federal Law. It is the same. The woman in the OP was a criminal before the new Arizona law passed and is still a criminal. Whoever she worked for before and whoever she works for in another State are criminals.

The irony here is that her chances of being IDed are the same now as they were before the law passed. Anyone who read the law knows that. Anyone who read it and says otherwise is a illiterate or you know, lying

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

How much money will be saved in law enforcement? In case people forgot Mexicos drug war is spilling into the US. Wah the actual documentation indicating your here LEGALLY must be produced. Drivers licenses and registration are required by anyone who drives a car in most of the states. Plus inspection and insurance! [not in all 50 ] So what is the problem if the illegal problem is mostly from Mexicans? The bad apples ruined it for the ones who went and spent the time and money to come here legally! Most naturalized citizens are rightly proud of their accomplishments! It's a slap in the face to those types of people to allow the illegals to get away with what they do!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee

If deportation is the only answer, those who benefit from illegal labor should foot the entire bill. Make the punishment much more costly than what was gained from the crime.

THIS is BRILLIANT folks!

Star for you! This is a fantastic idea!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join