It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona immigration law could drive Latinos out of state

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Sadly, there's no way lawmakers will make their family and friends foot the bill, no matter how fair.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

It is most certainly NOT slavery. That statement is nothing but pure ignorance.

It's pretty damned close to it if you ask me.

Yet they still get paid many times over what they could be making in their own country, which is why they are here in the first place, otherwise what would be the point? They not only make enough to live on here, but they send most of their money back home to their families.

Minimum wage.....and that's if they are lucky.

Your telling me that living on minimum wage or less than under the table is enough to make it by.

Illegal immigrants are in the US because they are uneducated and astoundingly stupid. That's what you and yours or feeding off of, the stupidity of illegal immigrants. SLAVES.

Did black slaves get free beatings? YES
Did black slaves get free hangings? YES
Did black slaves get free rapings? YES

Do you see the difference?

Black people have been beaten, raped and hung all through out American history, as slaves and not.

What does being beaten, raped and hung have to do with being a slave?

Being hoodwinked and then forced to live in squalor, with out any ability for progress is what Slavery is.

If you have a master you are a slave. You have no idea what Mexican illegal immigrants have been put through by your so call up right good American employers.

What and you guys are mad because a small fraction of the little bit they make is sent to their children and wives so they can God Damn EAT! You guys are sickos.

No, a slave would not be able to have a CHOICE to leave. Illegals have that choice, so by definition they are NOT slaves. At any time they choose, they can walk right back over the border without having an "owner" hunting them down.

Your definition of what slavery is, is very dangerous and is a natural trait seen amongst slave master minded Americans. i imagine this stems from the genetic mutation your blood line went through after so many years of your ancestors having slaves.

By your definition a Black Slave in the past had the choice to take his own life and stop being a slave or risk running away and getting his foot cut off while fleeing to the north.

How does a Mexican who was stupid enough to sell his home in Mexico to pay a smuggler to get to America, work half his life picking apples, sending half his meager wages to feed his children back to Mexico have the choice to go back empty handed?

You are being blind sighted ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

You really are a piece of work. If they are hungry, why don't they get welfare from there own damn country! Why am I expected to pay for them when they have a government that should be taking care of them?!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Nor do you.

I just love being told this by a people who's country is entirely dependant on credit provided by the very banks robbing them blind. A People who pay a tax directly to a private Bank they think is part of the federal government and who are forced to pay a never ending mortgage on a home that will never be theirs.

No, a large portion of their earnings is sent back to relatives south of the border. Why are you ignoring this?

Because it's irrelevant....

If you had any statistical understanding or the capability to know that your government would not allow it if there was not a net gain for the US in the equation you would not be spouting such nonsense.

I'd say check your own mirror for ignorance, but I suspect that you are deliberately distorting the truth to further your own agenda.

I can see how a hateful person would but a little (
) toward my "Agenda" of helping you not be so dumb.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

please get in line and wait your turn patiently, there is only one of me and several of you on this thread......

I understand you guys are so very used to having Mexicans work faster but unlike Illegals in your country I take my time when i'm not getting paid for it.

I will get to you eventually. So do not worry good Sr.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I would love to see some documentation from reliable sources to back up your statements.

Good luck finding some.

Until then, basically everything you've said at best is nothing more that you stating your opinions.

Very well....

Crime
Empirical studies on links between immigration and crime are mixed. Certain studies have suggested that immigrants are underrepresented in criminal statistics.[133] An Op-Ed in The New York Times by Harvard University Professor in Sociology Robert J. Sampson says that immigration of Hispanics may in fact be associated with decreased crime.[134] A 1999 paper by John Hagan and Alberto Palloni estimated that the involvement in crime by Hispanic immigrants are less than that of other citizens.[135]

Immigrants, both legal and illegal do not raise the rate of crime in the United States and native born Americans are five times more likely to be incarcerated than immigrants.[136] In a study released by the non-partisan research group The Public Policy Institute of California immigrants (legal and illegal) were ten times less likely to be incarcerated than native born Americans.[137]

In his 1999 book Crime and Immigrant Youth, sociologist Tony Waters writes that immigrants themselves are less likely to be arrested and incarcerated. He also noted, however, that the children of some immigrant groups are more likely to be arrested and incarcerated. This is a by-product of the strains that emerge between immigrant parents living in poor inner city neighborhoods, and their sons.[138] According to Bureau of Justice Statistics, for example, as of 2001, 4% of Hispanic males in their twenties and thirties were in prison or jail, compared with 1.8% of white males. Hispanic men are almost four times as likely to go to prison at some point in their lives as white males, although less likely than African American males.[139]

There were an estimated 30,000 street gangs and more than 800,000 gang members active across the U.S. in 2007, up from 731,500 in 2002. New immigrants are susceptible to gang influences and activities because of language barriers, employment difficulties, support, protection, and fear.

Now i'm not sure if you consider Wiki to be reliable source but i am willing to find more if this is not to your satisfaction.

Oh and what do you mean every thing I say is nothing more than stating my opinion?

I thought that that was what we are were doing on this site

Your a funny little confusing person, you know that?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You really are a piece of work. If they are hungry, why don't they get welfare from there own damn country! Why am I expected to pay for them when they have a government that should be taking care of them?!

Yep, the whole welfare tale. They are bleeding us dry. Nevermind that politicians write the laws that spell out who qualifies for what. Nevermind that politicians already put us in a 13 trillion dollar hole.

Bet your one of the 46 million who don't pay taxes.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

There just no helping you understand is there?

over half a million people are leaving your state. another half a million LEGAL Mexicans will also be leaving due to racial profiling and being stopped and questioned because they look like illegal Mexicans because the only difference between a Legal Mexican and a illegal one is documentation.

A Mexican becoming Legal does not make him spontaneously sprout blue eyes or blond hair. You don't think these Legal Mexicans will become perhaps a bit annoyed of of being treated like the people they are ashamed of being a part of?

And Law enforcement must Question allllllllll Brown looking people or the law will have no effect silly.

This will only increase crime caused by legal Mexicans who now feel resentment.

We won't lose any money. I can guarantee you that.

Can I get that guarantee in writing?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Are you serious? Please tell me your joking....

Are you honestly saying that enforcing the mass exodus of every illegal immigrant from Arizona will make things cheaper for law enforcement in that region?

OH My GOD!

Public education in the US is truly as terrible as the rest of the world laughed about, tis it not?

Your poor police are going to be stretched to an unprecedented limit in three months. I'll be surprised if the State of Arizona does not declare a state of emergency for federal funding to help with the rising crime, violence and general kerfuffle this law is going to inevitably cause.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Good news! I predict unemployment will begin to fall in AZ. Texas is next? New Mexico, then California!!!

Flag for the OP.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Well I predict with this much pressure put on a single ethnic group
things might just turn nasty, deadly.. these are desperate people and now there being forced into a corner

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Ok DerbyCityLights I apologise for the slight delay....

If they are hungry, why don't they get welfare from there own damn country!

Because Mexico does not provide welfare for people to mooch off of. People in Mexico have to either pay their own way, struggle for what they accomplish, work really hard for an education amongst a corrupt system or go to the USA and get the royal treatment, with spa and a back massage.

Well that's what your media makes it look like, usually when Illegal immigrants get the USA they have it 10X worse than they did in Mexico.

They stay because they think if they have their babies born there the citizen child might have a better chance then they do but these poor kids usually get immediately indoctrinated to the ghetto gang bang mentality your public educational schools AKA jails.

It's really a tale of woe.

Why am I expected to pay for them when they have a government that should be taking care of them?!

A government is not supposed to take care of anyone, it's not supposed to be your mommy or dictator. sorry to brake that to you, it must be hard for you to understand that government forcing you to give welfare to people who are not even citizens is wrong.

But I'll give you a little hint. If you stop blaming the Mexican and a foreign government you have no control over you might realise that the problem is your government. then you can try to change years and years of extortion an slavery that your government has written into law.

I wish you all the best with that.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by loveguy

Well I predict with this much pressure put on a single ethnic group
things might just turn nasty, deadly.. these are desperate people and now there being forced into a corner

OK. How about they invest all those dollars they worked for into a trip through the proper channels, to come back? Or let their great army invade us? They've been invading us since the Alamo. How about they commandeer their own government policies, and bring the change to them that seek it here, within their own borders?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

There just no helping you understand is there?

over half a million people are leaving your state. another half a million LEGAL Mexicans will also be leaving due to racial profiling and being stopped and questioned because they look like illegal Mexicans because the only difference between a Legal Mexican and a illegal one is documentation.

A Mexican becoming Legal does not make him spontaneously sprout blue eyes or blond hair. You don't think these Legal Mexicans will become perhaps a bit annoyed of of being treated like the people they are ashamed of being a part of?

And Law enforcement must Question allllllllll Brown looking people or the law will have no effect silly.

This will only increase crime caused by legal Mexicans who now feel resentment.

We won't lose any money. I can guarantee you that.

Can I get that guarantee in writing?

Hello,
I've been a coworker in a factory with a bunch of Latins, once. The management pulled some tricks nobody doing the actual labor liked. All the Latins pledged not to show-up the next working day. Yeah, that made my job harder, so what? The point I'm trying to make is that they will stand together for what they believe in. (It's time Americans did the same) Let them go protest to their own government, we have plenty of hands here that can do their jobs. Then, it really is "Made IN America" because it's made by Americans. What's the focus of even having a border?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

my favorite video..lol..

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Oh MAN!

thanks so much for the video man that was freakin hilarious!!

The guy who does these videos is super funny, you got to love the opportunities YouTube gives the average Mexican.

cant stop laughing, it's sooo true.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

Your telling me that living on minimum wage or less than under the table is enough to make it by.

Do you understand that making minimum wage is MUCH more than what they can make back home? And yes they do get by, and have been for a very long time.

That's what you and yours or feeding off of, the stupidity of illegal immigrants. SLAVES.

Wow, what an ignorant statement.

What does being beaten, raped and hung have to do with being a slave?

Do I really have to explain the context of my post? Do you really not get it?

Comparing illegal aliens to black slaves is akin to comparing an orange to a jelly fish.

Being hoodwinked and then forced to live in squalor, with out any ability for progress is what Slavery is.

Ahh, so you want to redefine the definition of slavery to further your seriously misguided argument.

There's a big difference between waiting out in front of Home Depot for a cash paying job, or being whipped and FORCED to work.

Slaves are someones human property and not by choice.

You have no idea what Mexican illegal immigrants have been put through by your so call up right good American employers.

I've lived in Los Angeles, South Texas, and Chicago, I think I have a VERY good idea of what they have been "put through". Funny how I see them hanging out drinking beer, listening to loud mariachi music, and having what sure seems like a good time here in America. Much better than they would have at home.

What and you guys are mad because a small fraction of the little bit they make is sent to their children and wives so they can God Damn EAT! You guys are sickos.

Wow, such drama. They have plenty of means and send MOST of their money back home. Don't believe me, why don't you ask some? Since you know so much about this, surely you must live in an area affected deeply by this.

Your definition of what slavery is, is very dangerous and is a natural trait seen amongst slave master minded Americans. i imagine this stems from the genetic mutation your blood line went through after so many years of your ancestors having slaves.

Here's the definition of slavery, not mine, but from the dictionary :

The state of one bound in servitude as the property of a slaveholder or household.

1. The practice of owning slaves.
2. A mode of production in which slaves constitute the principal work force.

Wow, that sure doesn't match yours, now does it?

...sending half his meager wages to feed his children back to Mexico...

Now it's half? Earlier in your post you said a small fraction, it's so obvious that you have no clue what your talking about, you can't even keep the stuff you make up straight in the same post.

You are being blind sighted ridiculous.

lol

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
And the downside to latinos leaving Arizona is?? I suppose other states are cringing at the thought of a new influx of social services recipients. just what everybody needs. I hear Mexico is a nice place. Maybe they could go back where they came from.

The idea that the illegals are the only ones who will do cheap labor really doesn't wash anymore. With record unemployment in every state, jobs that were once the sole area of the illegal labor pool, are seeing regular chronic unemployed US citizens beginning to look at these jobs more and more.

I have read in the months gone by of predictions by trends forcasters of an increase in hostility toward illegals. I guess the masses have finally figured out that the cheap labor isn't really that cheap. Someone has to pay for those "free" social services that these illegals soak up from the beginning. They want people to feel sorry for them, when no one asked them to come here in the first place.

I welcome any race of people to the US that come legally. That is what made this country what it is today. but we can no longer afford the so called cheap labor that we have had for years here in the US. Someone has to pay for all those social services given to people who pay no taxes whatsoever. The math just doesn't add up. You want to come to the US and live and work--do it legally.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Oh my god HA,Ha,HA I've mad it!!

I'm in heaven!!!

I finally have found people who understand!!!!!

There is hope, THERE IS HOPE!!!!

Can't....breath........too....funny.

*Izzy passes out from pure ecstasy and delight*

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join