It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona immigration law could drive Latinos out of state

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

From what I'd read this bill was passed in hopes of curbing their crime rates. Property crimes are huge there and place a heavy burden on state resources and sky rocketing insurance rates...
While no, not all Illegal’s commit all crimes there, Illegal’s are responsible for a large proportion of said crime... I can’t say as I blame AZ for doing what they can to protect their citizens, can you?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

You have no Idea how economics works do you...

All the money each person gets whether is by leaching or hard work go right into all the shops and businesses in Arizona.

What you honestly think those doctors don't get paid for the work they do?

What about the money from bail, or traffic infractions, parking?

Illegal Immigrants rarely live in trailers, they mostly have homes and mortgages.

Your perspective of how money flows from hand in hand is astounding, it glows of ignorance.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by DaddyBare

Why the hatred for Latinos?

Maybe the illegals should leave but the one's who are there legally have a right to stay... everytime i read a thread on Latinos it's like you are saying you hate all Latinos!

Well then frankly your view may be warped.
He didnt say anything of the kind.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Sure no problem...

First of all you can't get a job unless your a Mexican National or are working under a work visa.

Next you can't own land unless your a Mexican.

Then you shoot people dead who try to cross your southern border.

It's simple really, and it works great.

It's called enforcing immigration laws and not flooding the country with them. America should try it some time.

Ah who am i kidding America would never look out for it's people.

Yeah, still didnt actually answer the question. Here are your laws.

1. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, and all government business will be conducted in our language.

2. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote, no matter how long they are here.

3. Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.

4. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, nor any other government assistance programs.

5. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

6. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are not allowed to own waterfront property. That property is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

7. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no "bad-mouthing" our president or his policies. If you do you will be sent home.

8. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail.

Harsh, you say ?...

The above laws happen to be the immigration laws of MEXICO!

Our laws in the states are not this harsh but if we would enforce them, there would be no illegal immigration. That is what Arizona and possible Ohio is doing. Making legal for them to enforce OUR laws.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Illegal Immigrants rarely live in trailers, they mostly have homes and mortgages.

Your perspective of how money flows from hand in hand is astounding, it glows of ignorance.

And how are they getting these homes and mortgages? Identity theft is a huge problem in Arizona. I know, because it happened to me while I lived there for over 7 years. Crime is a huge problem in Arizona. If it isn't because of illegal drugs, it is because of illegal immigrants! Or both!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I'm actualy very interested to see how this pans out.

Lets see....

Arizona population is at 6,595,778....

The estimated Illegal Immigrant population of Arizona is at 475,000....

I'd say each illegal immigrant generates around 2 dollars a day in Taxes, sales and such.

and around 1 dollar in federal income take under a fake social number a day.

So 3 X 675,000 (because estimates are always under when it comes to these thing) = a loss of around $2,025,000 dollars day in one month that will be $60,750,000 dollars completely lost from the State of Arizona.....Each month.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Izarith]

Well ok figure person...any figures on how much of a drain illegals are to the tax payers? And please include the tax on income that is not collected..please.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Those laws are not harsh at all.

It's called protecting your people from foreigners dude.

Look at those laws, look at them and tell me you do not wish your country did not do the same.

I have nothing against the Arizona law buddy, I'm just trying to point out that the time for enforcing immigration is long gone. Your screwed.

Your parents sat by years ago while this was all happening.

NOTHING WAS DONE NOTHING!!

And now that your country is full of Mexicans you want to kick them out?

Now that your economy is dry and you can't find a job you think kicking them all out will help?

How will it help?

This law will do nothing until you build a wall to keep us Mexicans out.

You need to stop hating Mexicans and start hating the government that should you out.

If you really want every Mexican out of America pass a law saying that every iligal immigrant gets payed 3X more than an American does. and if a company is found to have illegal immigrants working the company must pay each illegal worker 3 million dollars.

No company in America would find it profitable to employ Illegal immigrants and they would be forced to go home.

As you have shown yourself the problem is not the Mexican, the problem is your Government.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

/b]

Thank you for that post, yes here in Ga you can buy yourself an identity for 500 dollars in one littler town.

I am Latina and have no problem voicing my displeasure with illegal immigration and that is the way is going to be.

I have the education, experience (with illegals through public schools and working with a migrant worker lawyer) and I have done my research, illegal immigration is hurting our nation plain and simple.

And for the poster that is calling others Ignorant for( not knowing economics) I also have education in that subject. . .

[edit on 28-4-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Your parents sat by years ago while this was all happening.

NOTHING WAS DONE NOTHING!!

Well, this is a new generation that might want to fix the sins of our fathers. Nothing is ever reversable.

And now that your country is full of Mexicans you want to kick them out?

Quit grandstanding. Nobody wants to kick the ones out that are here legally!

You need to stop hating Mexicans and start hating the government that should you out.

The only person showing any type of hatred here, is you.

As you have shown yourself the problem is not the Mexican, the problem is your Government.

Like I said before, this may be coming late, but it will fix the ILLEGAL PROBLEM. The problem is with illegal Mexicans!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

You have got to be kidding me.

You keep saying our government isn't doing anything about it yet we now have one state that has passed the law and two more approaching similar laws and Im sure the rest of the States will follow.

You do realize that our Federal Government is not supposed to regulate our State laws according to our Constitution? Yeah, we have ben complacent but now we are doing something about it and people like you just want to scream and kick and cry about it because now we ARE doing something about it. And for that matter, fix your own country and your people might want to stay!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

reply to post by DaddyBare

So your saying your grand mom and great grand mom arrived to the US on some boat filled with lice infested scurvy immigrants a long time ago my mom has to go through the proper channels to be good in your book?

What proper Channels did your Great Grand ma go through? Just wondering.

Look you descendant of immigrants, you need to understand that you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too.

Must say this so I can remain grounded in reality.

When my ancestors got here all they needed was a rifle and an ax...and never mind the people already living there.
Well the last part soon became impossible.

Colbert says all they really needed were chicken and what not.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

es porqué Te amo marg

Being an illegal means you have to operate in the seeder underside.

Oh I well understand why they want to be here... All I ask is they do it the right way...

but back to the issue at hand, where are almost half a million illegals going to go, surely not back to Mexico...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Every one pays taxes Friend, everyone.

the federal income tax goes to nothing but interest to a private Bank.

And illegal not paying fed tax does nothing to your country, you paying fed tax does nothing but make a private bank richer. It does not help your country at all.

Yes the drain is big, but that drain is big on your government. Not to you, to you that money goes to shops and business like a stimulus package.

You are hurting your selves by doing this economically.

Any white middle class nincompoop that says otherwise, has led poisoning and was severely damaged by a mediocre public education and has no Idea what is going on.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by marg6043

but back to the issue at hand, where are almost half a million illegals going to go, surely not back to Mexico...

Uh, yes. Thats where they came from and that is where they should have to go back to.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The majority of crime is not done by illegals.

Illegals try to stay on the down low, they do their best to stay under the radar and work where they can.

Legal Mexicans are the ones you should be worried about. they are the ones with rights and mooch of your prison system, get spit right back out after a crime and do it all over again.

The media spit out a word like Illegal and you guys grab it like a fish chokes on a hook.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

but there not... remember this quote from the story

"Yesterday, we sold our trailer," Miranda, 38, said between sobs. "We don't know exactly where. Another state."
their not going back to Mexico their moving elsewhere in the US away from AZ, most probably away from all border states so they don't have to pack up and move again as these laws spread

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The majority of crime is not done by illegals.

Thats funny...

I live in Kentucky. Do you have any idea where that is in the US? Just about right down the center line of the country. Almost equidistance from either the north or south border. In the City I live in, we have BORDER PATROL STATIONED AT OUR POLICE HEAD END STATION! Why? Because there are four apartment complexes in a two square mile radius that have been overrun by illegal Mexicans and illegal Cubans that have brought with the prostitution, Crack, Coke, Marijuana and Gangs.

The Majority of crime in MY county IS done by illegals.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You guys are crazy!!

You are really crazy and there is no reasoning with you.

What is the difference between a Legal Mexican and a illegal Mexican?

We are the same damn thing. A piece of paper does not make a person not steal a car or rob a house or rape.

Your country is full of Mexicans, if you kicked every single illegal out your country would still be full of Mexicans.

IT'S A DONE DEAL, IT'S OVER, YOUR TIME IS LONG GONE!

Now your just beating a dead horse. while your government is just laughing it's ass of making underhand cap and trade deals, robbing you blind of your children's future.

Egging you on to bark at the Illegal, and you guys just perck up with a growl like dopes.

Crazy I tell you.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Is this your own personal opinion, or have you got any statistics to back it up?

Now go ahead and try to prove this one, because the crimes commited by illegals can't be proven, because if they are involved in something really bad, that is when they will move back home to avoid being brought to justice, or they go back and forth commiting crimes with ease. THAT IS part of the problem with illegals!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Logarock

Any white middle class nincompoop that says otherwise, has led poisoning and was severely damaged by a mediocre public education and has no Idea what is going on.

Oh but we are all here for seeds of widom from you'er babys grasp of economics.

Most illegals in the rest of this country and thier employers are being subsidized in effect by escaping employee income tax while Mexico is in turn subsidized by the inflow of tax free cash.

When was the last time the IRS audited an illegal contractor or sub in this country?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join