It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona immigration law could drive Latinos out of state

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by Logarock

Yes.....

Yes that right...Keep blaming the illegal immigrant, you just keep on blaming them....that's good. Take it all out on the illegal immigrant.

But you know what.....

I have never blamed the illegal immigrants more than the people that hire them.

But lets stay on the mark here...we are talking about Arizona.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I hope the legal immigrants of Arizona don't suffer too much over this. As for the illegals, I can see them coming if they need help or money but, c'mon they have to realize what they're doing.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by Izarith

you are now also insulting their parents, or grandparents, etc... That is not cool.

How am I insulting them?

Your and those like you are the ones insulting them......

Did you not read my post correctly, I said you were urinating on their cold dead graves.

They were immigrants, they were put through far worse than mexicans are today. the polish, Irish, Italian, Chinese ALL OF THEM! were treated worse than slime.

Pick up a damn history book and read it. those your your and my forefathers who suffered such things only to have their little whiny mcnugget scarfing descendants treat other the same.

I'll say it again YOU and those like you and defecating on your own great grandparents cold dead graves.

Like I said, this is not about Mexicans. It's about illegals,

Nice cop out, have you ever thought of running for office?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

dont worry about it... Was just trying to keep control and stay on topic...
Kind of lost that though...
at issue is where will they go and to what effect? not if we like them or not...

I'd be interested to hear from our UK brothers and sister's on the subject they to just had a headline

UK home to 1m illegal immigrants

hardly a drop in the bucket compared to our estimated 12 million
but their government is taking the high road, hinting at amnesty for illegals...
but comments from Native citizens there doesnt seem to support that plan???

any UK folks have any thoughts? on both our problems

[edit on 28-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It is slavery.

You pay these people nothing, you pay them less then you pay your own which is little compared to the actual cost of living.

Did black slaves get free health care? YES
Did black slaves get free food? yes

Hell black slaves in America even got free lodging and clothes.

Giving people free stuff does not me they are not slaves.

And again why exactly is all the great fun free stuff given to people who are not citizens of your country?

Oh that's right it's the illegal immigrants fault, nevermind.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Once again, your own twisted point of view.

Yes, my ancestors had it hard, in that you are correct, however, they came here legally, through a process, that was long and painful. In fact, my family name was changed when they got to America, because immigration thought it was too hard to spell and pronounce. Talk about having to deny who you are and where you came from!

They had to learn how to speak English, first of all. They did not have interpreters for their children in schools, like some schools in Arizona provide, and I'm not talking private schools, I mean tax dollar funded public schools.

They did not collect welfare, and many of them were born during the naught years, and although they worked and paid taxes, they were not allowed to collect Social Security to it's fullest.

My immigrant heritage, who came here legally, is what the backbone of this country was built on.

It wouldn't hurt for you to pick up a history book, either.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

What and you don't have people who hire illegal immigrants in Arizona?

Good thing cheep labor checks grow on trees.

Or are you saying the half a million illegal immigrants in Arizona are on welfare and therefore don't need or have jobs?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Well... TBH there are too many here from the middle eastern Country's and now a lot of Africans are here too... a sharp rise in recent years... i'm afraid i have to say that they just don't know when to stop mass producing... too many kids they have... most with 5+ kids per couple and Britain just can't handle this many... if they keep going at this rate then Britain will be mainly Middle Eastern & African in 50 years time...

And it's full here... they need to either go home or they need to stop having so many kids...

I also know you probably don't want to hear this but Muslims are a big cioncern here too... something needs to be done...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

rofl rofl, thats what i was saying its gonna be hilirious. its gonna be like that movie "the day without a mexican"

err.. where is our gardener? err babysitter? err maid? err plumber? err the dude that paints our house? err the dude that builds our house? err omg half the construction companies just shut down. oh no, chicken plants are shutting down, farms, oh no, what are we gonna do we goin bankrupt!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

OK now who is telling fibs MR. Gibbs.

How stupid do you think I am?

Your telling me that they went through a long process of legal documentation and immigration could not write their name correctly?

BS dude, when was this and what race are you and I'll tell you exactly how they came here and what they went through.

Anyone who says America was built on the back Bone of (LEGAL?) immigrants needs to learn how to lie, Gosh.

The only legal immigrants to America we Black slaves from Africa.

Everyone else arrived on a overcrowded boat they flooded out of the moment the damned thing hit harbor.

All immigration did was force single couples to marry each other despite being complete strangers and write a name dawn any name.

On the back bone of legal immigrants HA HA HA

Yeah and the US railroads were built by German watch makers.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think that was the point of the law.

Arizona has about 600,000 illegal immigrants. The cost to the state in terms of social services, education and law enforcement is very high.

In these times of economic stress, it's time for people to recognize where there state taxes are spent.

I live in California. The state is broke yet we spend approximately 10 billion dollars per year on illegal immigrants.

It's time to reform our immigration system. I'm all for legal immigration. But when we have 12 % unemployment we need to be able to limit immigration.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Oh no I well understand what your saying

I also know you probably don't want to hear this but Muslims are a big concern here too... something needs to be done...
they too are escaping violence and and radical elements of their respective nations... So are the Mexicans...and their fear of the drug cartels who seem to have taken control of their country...

It's not those honest families we worry about but the the less scrupulous that follow and feed off them. yes you can say by virtue of being illegal they commit petty crimes, buying forged papers etc, things they need to do to survive.... But there are those who never try to fit in, they take then demand we change to accommodate them....

Right now our biggest fear is their drug war spilling over here, well it has and Americans have died. (Been that way for over a decade) It's not just drugs they bring, human trafficking is also a huge issue! This might be a knee-jerk reaction to our out of control crime rates but to clean up our mess we have to start somewhere and make those unpleasant hard choices... FYI there is talk about amnesty for illegals just not citizenship... Obama wants them to enrol in his health plan after all

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

How stupid do you think I am?

That would be a T & C violation!

Your telling me that they went through a long process of legal documentation and immigration could not write their name correctly?

Yes, that is exactly what I am telling you.

BS dude, when was this and what race are you and I'll tell you exactly how they came here and what they went through.

My family came here from Prussia, and Sweden to be exact. I have records of who they immigrated already. The ships they came on...etc. Some came to the US because of the Lutheran reformation.

Anyone who says America was built on the back Bone of (LEGAL?) immigrants needs to learn how to lie, Gosh.

Why would that be? They moved here, legally, and were integrated into the tax paying society of our country. Illegals do not do that.

The only legal immigrants to America we Black slaves from Africa.

And how do you figure that people who were kidnapped and brought here against their will, compare to people who came here by choice, or for political, or religious reasons? Please enlighten us all!

Everyone else arrived on a overcrowded boat they flooded out of the moment the damned thing hit harbor.

Aha, so you were there to see all of this?

All immigration did was force single couples to marry each other despite being complete strangers and write a name dawn any name.

I'm going to have to ask for proof of this statement. My ancestors were already married when they made the trip, from both countries.

On the back bone of legal immigrants HA HA HA

Yep. They actually participated in the rules of this country. One home, built by one of my ancestors from Sweden, still stands. They did not hire an illegal to build it.

Yeah and the US railroads were built by German watch makers.

Like I said, it wouldn't hurt for you to pick up a history book. A lot of Chinese labor was used to build the early railroads.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

You can lie through your teeth all you want.

But the truth will always be that they got on a filthy stinking boat, had a complimentary lime shoved in their mouth and were checked for lice once they got to America. They they gave their name and flung into the street.

BTW are you sure it was not the German watch makers who built the railroads? The Chinese thing sound a little far fetched, I mean sure they are good at building a huge wall but railroad....Really?

Black Slaves were the only documented people to be transported to America, everyone else just came.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
the issue is not where they come from it's the word ILLEGAL. A simple word really and the law needs to take care of the problem

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
the issue is not where they come from it's the word ILLEGAL. A simple word really and the law needs to take care of the problem

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

It is slavery.

You pay these people nothing, you pay them less then you pay your own which is little compared to the actual cost of living.

Did black slaves get free health care? YES
Did black slaves get free food? yes

Hell black slaves in America even got free lodging and clothes.

Giving people free stuff does not me they are not slaves.

Now you are just talking pure crap. PURE CRAP. They wouldnt be comming here to work the ones that do work which are most, if they were not making it. I know some and they do as well as anybody right now around here. And if they save the dollar is still worth a great deal when exchanged back home with loved ones.

Anyway now its slavery with you. Should have figured you would start in with the craybaby bull crap at some point. They have jobs here and a standard of living and in some places their own cable tv channels.

Get lost you troll.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You can lie through your teeth all you want.

Yeah, if I needed to, I suppose I could. I don't like to lie. It's much more difficult than the truth, because it takes work to maintain.

But the truth will always be that they got on a filthy stinking boat, had a complimentary lime shoved in their mouth and were checked for lice once they got to America. They they gave their name and flung into the street.

Actually no, but thanks for the painted scenario. My relatives actually left their country for political, and religious reasons. They did not come here to seek education, welfare, and all sorts of other freebies. Their lives were actually threatened by staying in the country of their origin, for their beliefs. They did not come here because they could not find a job in their own country.

BTW are you sure it was not the German watch makers who built the railroads? The Chinese thing sound a little far fetched, I mean sure they are good at building a huge wall but railroad....Really?

Google is your friend!

Black Slaves were the only documented people to be transported to America, everyone else just came.

Ya, every kidnapped person is documented! Pfffffffft? Are you reading the words you are typing, via your mind?

I would not be able to document my family history, if it wasn't documented!

edit quote

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think that many people are very sensitive because many illegal immigrants are from Mexico. Personally, I don't think that there should be any illegal immigrants here in the US.

I think that we need to pass laws so employers can't hire people without the proper documentation, landlords cannot rent to people without proper documentation and law enforcement should be required to do a citizen check on every legal interaction with citizens. ( If you get pulled over and the officer asks for license and registration... that is a citizenship check. You only need more documentation if you don't have your license.)

If the Federal government had been doing it's job for the past 30 years, Arizona wouldn't have had to pass this legislation. Now, Texas is considering the same type of legislation.

It is not racist. It is not bigoted. It is a cry from the states for the Federal Government to do it's job.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yeh, i think there's a party here offering this 'Amnesty' the Lib Dems but i don't think that's gonna solve the problems we have now... Over the last 20 years Labour have done too little to stop the flow of immigrants coming here... it's now got to dis-proportionate rates!!

I know it's got a lot to do with our Welfare system and NHS which gives free Medical assistance to anyone and everyone... so it's like they see a big sign saying 'come to Britain it's free here' and they all come...

Not to mention free Legal representation....

And.....

You can't have a World within another World... it doesnt work!!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join