It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown Gaffe : Calls woman a Bigot

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Has anyone considered whether she might actually be a bigot?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
How dare someone have the guts to question a politician?

How dare someone point out a problem with mass immigration?

How dare .....

How dare a politician sell out those who he is supposed to be representing.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86

Since you posed the question to you have an opinion? Is she a bigot for asking how they are going to continue supporting millions of immigrants living off of the state while the debt continues to balloon with his only response seeming to be that the taxpayers will handle it?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Nope, but we've got people making jokes about Gordon having the womans grandchildren raped and general hatred.

I think that about sums ATS up, sometimes.

IMO she seemed rather awkward and rude to talk to in both interviews before and after, Gordon - Right now you seem a bit more human to me, you just got a cool point.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBeatlesWillSaveUs

Nope, but we've got people making jokes about Gordon having the womans grandchildren raped and general hatred.

Where?

Links please cos I certainly haven't seen anything of the sort in this thread?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

or gordon brown?

is having an opinion 'bigoted'?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Originally posted by ararisq
"How old are your grandchildren?"

Yea I heard him say that and my thought was that subconciously he is gonna have them raped and that will teach granny to give him a hard time.

The guy is an embarrassment not to mention the creeps he has around him.

I take it Sue is looking for a new job

Here.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBeatlesWillSaveUs

I suspect that whoever posted that only did so to make the point that Brown looked full of hell near the end of the interview with Mrs Duffy.

Some people are atadge too sensitive some times.

I don't think this thread is 'full of hate'.

Dislike and mistrust maybe, but not hatred.

As both blup and I stated very early in the thread was that we both understand how people can befrustrated, tired or annoyed and say things in the heat of the moment.

If Brown had immediately said, "Yeah, it's being a bit tiring recently and I over-reacted. I was wrong and I apologise" he would actually have gained a bit of kudos.
But no, he had to around blaming everyone else and refusing to acceprt personal responsibility.
It is typical of him.
Everything is always someone else's fault.
It's like dealing with a young school kid.

He then, against MrsDuffy's wishes, proceeds to descend upon her house, with the nations press along with him, and apologise for 45 mins to her.
It's pathetic.

With a bit of luck Mrs. Duffy will exploit her 15mins to the full and screw a national for everything she can get!

Who knows, we may all read her thoughts in tomorrows Sun and persuade her to stand and get elected to parliament, then be asked to form a government and lead us out of this god awful mess we are in.

I suspect she wouldn't do any worse than any pf the clowns that are being rammed down our throat at the moment.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Brown was aiming for a hung Parliament, one would enable him to remain PM in a minority government.

Now Thats all out of the window

Prediction time

Conservative narrow Majority
Oposition lead by Lib Dems
Labour relegated to the opposition left

Something not seen ever!

Can't wait!! MWAH HA HA HA!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Those Brits are a little oversensitive. Our government officials call us racists, bigots, nazis, anti-americans, and every other thing they can think of. They even do it live on TV and they know the mic is on.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I can't believe gordon did this what a silly man,, he has probably lost loads of votes now silly silly silly man.
What a setup though!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Peace Pipe

Nah we're not oversensitive, we just hold our elected representative to a higher standard that we are willing to uphold ourselves.

Just like with the royal family, it gives us something to emulate

Its the British way,

Step on an englishmans foot, he will say sorry

Step on it again, he will say sorry and move away

step on it a third time, and you better run cos you're in for a beating!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm sorry this doesn't make sense to me.

Gordon says that he was set up to speak with a bigoted woman, mentioning Sue playing a role in doing it, yet in the very first video the woman claims she just walked right up to him and started asking questions about politics.

I probably just missed something here.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Rochdale is currently Liberal held and was famously held by the Liberals for many years by Cyril Smith, the spherical Liberal MP.

Labour people might consider voting Lib Dem but not Conservative.

The primary effect of this will be to increase the Liberal firepower in the north and in particular Lancashire.

With pollsters indicating that the swing to the Lib Dems in the north is way bigger than that in the south, my guess is that the Liberals are probably just a couple of points away from the "dam bursting", the point at which they gorge 150 Plus seats from Labout and become the official opposition, concreting over the the Labour Party in the same way that Labour did to them in the 1920's and 1930's.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BladeDraven

After Brown visited the bigot, how much did he pay her for her to accept his apology?

mclinking

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
PREDICTION

With the Tories gaining in strength and, I view, the Liberals likely to sweep Lancashire, inc Manchester and Lancashire as well as much of northern England, I am expecting a result of:-

Tories - A near miss at a majority at about 315 seats.

Liberals - Just scraping home as the official Opposition with about 170 seats.

Labour - In deep trouble, shrinking to about 160 seats.

Now no Tory leader in their right mind would do a deal with the Liberals as PR would stop any future majority Government, hence their is the legendary "Plan B", the "secret protocol". Although by doctrine, they are supposed to be the "Keep Britain together party", the temptation to go for "Plan B" would be overwhelming.

INstead of the Liberals, the Tories tie up with the SNP. This would suiot both parties very well. The SNP get a referendum on whether to stay in the UK which the Tories conveniently loose. Result? ALex Salmond becomes President of an independent Scotland and takes with him so many Labour seats that it becomes mathematically impossible for there to be anything ever again other than a Conservative Majority Government ad nauseam.

(Incidentally, when I was at St ANdrews UNiversity in the 1980's, I lived in St Salvator's Hall of Residence in A29 on A floor; Alex Salmond, at the time, lived in A25 as I remember correctly, so I do know the man and know what I am talking about)

[edit on 29-4-2010 by airvicemarshal]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Brown wasn't that popular before and now he's sank his own boat.

Politicians wearing a public mic, now there's a plan to keep them honest.

I'm a U.S. citizen, but I read UK news and blogs too

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by airvicemarshal

I could live with that, just for the giggles as the Scottish realise they've been lied to and their economy sinks like a lead balloon without the support of the English economy.

To put it into perspective, if Scotland had been independant when RBS needed bailing out, they'd have to inject almost 100% GDP into the Bank. It would make Greece look like a good investment opportunity. Scottish GDP is barely 100 Billion £. To maintain current spending if independant , they would have to set overall taxation to 40% for the entire Scottish economy, which isn't healthy.

Let's not even look at the mess HBOS was in before they got absorbed by LTSB.

It beggers belief that the SNP have hoodwinked the Scottish people into thinking that they can continue spending on public services like they do AND be independant.

And no, oil won't be the answer. If you look at the figures for ALL North Sea production, including "English" fields, it has only been higher than the amount of money sent North by the Treasury a couple of times and not by much.

For quite a few years now Oil revenue pales in comparison to money sent North, by several billion pounds.

All to prop up an economy that is actually smaller than Londons....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
What a doughnut! It can't be easy? But now Mr Brown has given the other two GIMPS political capital and i dread to think what's going to happen now?
We will definately end up on the scrapheap if cameron or the other toff clegg get's in. What saddens me is that the Americans finally get rid of bush and then it looks like we are sealing our own fate with our equivelent conservative. I don't think cameron is as bright as bushe's advisors, but what an irony? Cameron and his tories, including clegg don't even have any policies, which is even more worrying.
Oh well, Greece and Portugul move over here we come!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by airvicemarshal

I'm praying you are correct. That would be fantastic

2nd line

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join