It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown Gaffe : Calls woman a Bigot

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
vote for this guy -

The Respect Party

He is 100% about the truth unlike the other parties (who are all the same party really)

g

LMAO you CANNOT BE SERIOUS lol

maybe he'd be suited to the roll of N.10's Cat!
I'm sure David or Nick would like that because Gordons packing as we speak......

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

OMG..... he pretended to be a cat on a reality tv show so he wasn't bored out of his mind.... that means everything he says and everything he believes and stands for must be rubbish and untrue... for he will always be a cat.

Perhaps if you'd actually had more than just one "encounter" with George, then you'd probably know that he is anti-establishment, anti-big business and is actually ATS' kind of politician.

But yeah.... let's throw all his views out the window and never listen to anything he says or does because of his appearance on Big-Brother.

Just Scroll down the homepage and educate yourself a little.
www.georgegalloway.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Why am I NOT surprised at what Gordon brown said behind that pensioners back, Bye Bye Gordon Brown, do not let the door hit your backside on the way out either.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
To Freeborn and Blub,

Your right about not derailing this thread so am just going to say that what you have both said is the bigest load of claptrap ever. Clearly neither of has any clue what your talking about.

What a quality rebuttal, full of detail.

What a suprise that onewho claims to know AlexSalmond can not come up with anything of substance whatsoever.

Next thing will be the typical 'English are evil and responsible for all of Scotland's woe's and William Wallace and Rabbie The Bruce...blah blah blah'.

Pathetic!

I know a hell of a lot of Scot's people...and you and your ilk are adisgrace to them.

Alex Salmond has sold you a LIE.

He can not deliver and he know's he can't.

If it wasn't because I feel so strongly in The Union and all it's people I would say GO, begone with you, because England certainly doesn't need Scotland, we are better with it, but we don't NEED you...a big difference.
Scotland CAN NOT survive by itself and maintain it'scurrent standards....so you either cut costs and standards drop or you go cap in hand to the EU.
Get real, you'll be worse off than Greece, Portugal and Spain.

Start a thread and we'll discuss this in detail or stop spouting unsupportable nonsense and rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

The English and the Scottish are as bad as each other, they blame each other for their woes, or if anything goes wrong. It has always been that way for centuries, nothing is going to change that fact.

I have had a few arguments myself on this issue with English friends also, seems that the argument goes round and round in circles. At the end of the day we are in this together as a nation. An nothing is going to change that.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Laurauk]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Laura, I have never blamed 'Scotland' for the state England, or even the UK, is in.
One or two Scotsmen have definately contributed, but they are not alone.

And I know that lot's of Scot's don't blame the English.

But the Scots Nats sell this farcical dream that everything that is wrong with Scotland is England's fault and if Sctland could only be independant, under the guidance of Salmond and his cronies, then all will be good and Scotland will be the land of milk and honey and total harmony.
What complete and utter nonsense.
The figures he gives just don't stack up.

And what happens when the SNP don't deliver?
Go to the EU cap in hand and end up becoming just an insignificant part of that corrupt beast?
Or come back to The Union eating humble pie and begging forgiveness?
Or just be stubborn and watch your country go slowly down the pan and become a shadow of the great self you once were?

I despise Tony Blair for selling me a lie.
I hate Thatcher for selling my country off to the biggest bidder and destroying whole communities.
Alex Salmond could easily join those two if he misleads Scotland into breaking The Union and all the consequences that will result from that.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I'll let you start the thread. I don't need to. Your the one calling down Scotland and what it cant do.

It has been shown many times that Scotland put's more into the UK than it gets out in terms of cash.

So obviously in cash terms we would be better off.

Its just the same as the UK puts more into Europe than it gets out, so again the UK would be better off in cash terms out of Europe. But its not always about the money as you seem to think. Not for me it isnt anyway.

And I have never blamed England for anything that has gone wrong in Scotland. The way it is is the way it is. Its the exact same argument about immigration to the UK. As Nigel Farage points out quite rightly nothing can be done about immigration so long as we are part of Europe. If you want to put an end to immigration the UK would need to leave Europe.

So it just depends what your priorities are.

Many things that the SNP have introduced in Scotland are being called for in England, free prescriptions, free care for elderly, free university. These are nothing to do with amount of money. They are to do with priorities.

Scotland has different priorities and would spend whatever money it has on different things to what perhaps an English governmet might. Nothing wrong with that.

We have new schools everywhere and new hospitals opening. Its great. I think it would be even better if we had further powers.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

We'll never know because the Scot Nats insist upon having a say in both Westminster and Holyrood yet deny England the right for it's own elected assembly.

Hypocrites.

I am not knocking Scotland....I am knocking the Scottish Nationalist Party, two very different things.

Yes, SNP does blame England for all its ill's.
Maybe you just don't realise it, your incessant whining makes you look like a nation of whinger's....which you most definately are not!

Ihave a dismal record of starting threads, if you do so I will contribute and try to ensure a reasoned and respectful debate.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by DreamerOracle

OMG..... he pretended to be a cat on a reality tv show so he wasn't bored out of his mind.... that means everything he says and everything he believes and stands for must be rubbish and untrue... for he will always be a cat.

Perhaps if you'd actually had more than just one "encounter" with George, then you'd probably know that he is anti-establishment, anti-big business and is actually ATS' kind of politician.

But yeah.... let's throw all his views out the window and never listen to anything he says or does because of his appearance on Big-Brother.

Just Scroll down the homepage and educate yourself a little.
www.georgegalloway.com...

What you see written down on paper doesn't make the man. I see his soul not his cover. He gladly lowered himself to become a cat to gain the affections of a woman, hardly note worthy quality in a politician or even a PM.
He was bored......can you imagin he's signing a peace treaty. He's waiting for his turn.
Starts to look aimlessly at the cieling.
He approaches his aid...."have you got a saucer of milk"?
The aid rushes off and returns with the saucer.
Mr kibbles gets down on his hands and knees and begins to lap up his saucer of milk...
Obama turns in dismay and even Medvedev, "what are you doing"? they say while the world press has it on live TV.
He replies," I was bored MEOW"!
Anyway onto the matter at hand I'm glad Gordon's on his way but it's just a shame it looks like Nick Clegg isn't going to get a crack at it.
Seems we're stuck with the two bullies of the yard and we keep being pushed and beaten every 10 years or so. Its like being dangle on a pully in a well and we don't go anywhere.....
Labour pull us up abit, Torries let us down abit and all the while we never see the sun as we keep getting stuck on the same rope in the same dark well that is todays Britian. I'm still voting Liberal I want real change not the Bully of the yard politics.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Too see blair coming back in, made me laugh, what a slimeball.

Gordon brown wrecked the economy and then he should not be in his job period. Labour have wrecked so many lifes, thinking the nanny state can run others lifes but they never want there lifes ran by others.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I won't be starting any thread. I'm quite happy to continue to argue that Scotland should run itself.

I've already said that I vote SNP simply to achieve that end. If it were to come about I would not vote SNP I would move to a right wing party within Scotland and argue for cuts to public spending.

And I couldn't care less what anybody from any other country thinks about us nor will I told by them how we should be running our own country.

I think your wrong that the SNP seek to deny the English their own government. Why on earth would they do that. I think England should have it's own government and be able to do exactly what it wants without interference from MP's from Scotland, mainly labour, who make decisions which only affect english people. Its ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If you jocks want Gordon Brown back, you can have him.
Why don't you declare independence and you can have Gordon Brown as your president.
Then you'll know what it's like to be well and truly f#####.

bigotgate - the downfall of Gordon Brown.
newportcity.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
What you see written down on paper doesn't make the man. I see his soul not his cover.

Wow... you must have an amazing gift.
You actually saw his soul... So all his political career is just a cover, all his fighting globalization and big-business and all his criticism of the government and so on... It's all a cover right?

He is truly a cat?

He gladly lowered himself to become a cat to gain the affections of a woman, hardly note worthy quality in a politician or even a PM.

Yeah... I mean what guy has ever done anything stupid for the affection of a woman? I mean god forbid....

He was bored......can you imagin he's signing a peace treaty. He's waiting for his turn.
Starts to look aimlessly at the cieling.
He approaches his aid...."have you got a saucer of milk"?
The aid rushes off and returns with the saucer.
Mr kibbles gets down on his hands and knees and begins to lap up his saucer of milk...

There is a difference between being stuck in a house with a load of weirdos, having to waste away the time playing silly buggers and Acting as a politician and doing your job.

Can you see the difference?

George the Politician and George the guy who had a laugh on a reality TV show...

Or are you too busy looking at his soul.

@

[edit on 30/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Gordon brown wrecked the economy and then he should not be in his job period. Labour have wrecked so many lifes,

Not as many as the tories wrecked in the 80's. Cameron made me laugh when he criticised the loss of construction jobs, his memory goes back only 13 years.

It hasn't been the best of times recently under labour, but the tories would destroy everything again if they were in power.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Exactly the point both blup and I have been trying to make.

I feel so let down by Blair and Brown, New Labour have become a joke.

But I lived through and remember well how bad things were in The Thatcher years and how her and her cronies sold this country off to the highest bidder, destroyed whole communities and started the housung crisis from which we still haven't recovered.

So there we have the predicament:
Hate Labour.
Hate Tories.
Clegg is like a morphed Blair and Cameron and his policies seem so wishy-washy.

If only we could repeal the whole of Parliament and get Vince Cable to run the lot himself!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Yeah man, Can't vote Tories, Can't vote Labour.

Not particularly a Clegg fan but I like some of the Lib-Dems policies, and also like The Tories' Stance on Europe.

Anyway, I though you were a fully-fledged GREEN now?
Test results don't lie and you were set on Amazonian women too

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
At least under the Tories I was never unemployed. Shame I can't say the same about New Labour.

How anyone can still defend New Labour is beyond me. They have had over 10 years in power and completely blown it. Anyone who still blames the Tories for the state that this country is in are uncapable of being honest and truthful, but then what do you expect when all they have is New Labour and that moronic idiot Gordon Brown as their role model. Go figure!

The only people who would vote New Labour are old age pensioners who suffer from Alzheimer's, immigrants & benefit scroungers. I'm sure if you vote for Gordy, he'll be only too happy to increase your giro by £2 a week.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by kindred]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

My wife suffers from Menieres Disease which means she has very poor balance and as a result she gets Disability Living Allowance.

She gets £18.65 a week off this caring Labour Government.

Oh she got a letter yesterday telling her it is going up to £18.95... woopeee

I wonder if Labour thinks that 30p will buy a vote

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Is she able to work at all or is she off work?

That does seem pretty low.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Sorry to hear about your wife, but I find what you said hard to believe unless it's because you're working then it will usually affect what benefits you can claim. Usually it's based on whether the doctor thinks you're fit for work or not. Yes! there are plenty of genuine people, but unfortunately there are plenty of immigrants & youth who have no interest in working and they make up the majority of Labour supporters. Under the Tories they will have to work for their benefits which is how it should be.

There's two types of DLA
Higher rate £49.10
Lower rate £18.65

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 30-4-2010 by kindred]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join