It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown Gaffe : Calls woman a Bigot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I can't help but think that was brilliant. So funny, but do feel sorry for the poor women.

Thing is, this must happen all the time, things said like this when driving away from confrences etc. To be honest alot more could of been said, lucky no profanities were mentioned.

Although i have never liked Brown myself, i do feel a tiny bit sorry for him. This could not of happend at more of a key time to win voters, and he always just seems to have the worse luck.

Still, it's given me a massive smile today, so thanks Gorden

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is grade A entertainment.

Complete hilarity!

Brown's worst opposition is himself!

Who would have thunk it!?

This was really fun to watch.

What if it was all scripted though? Hmmmm

[edit on 28-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

As I have said before, as The English Democrats Party aren't standing in my constituency I am at a complete loss who to vote for.

I follow politics keenly, not just at election time, and a more nefarious, self-centred, corrupt set of bastards I have not come across or read about.

It is so apparent to me that we need urgent and radical social, electoral and parliamentary reform.
The only way this will happen is if we take matters into our own hands and force the issue.

Unless the once and future King is out there and waiting in the wings?
Unfortunately I doubt it.
There is no knight in shining armour.

This election has convinced me that if we are to get the reform we need then it is up to us to make it happen, no-one is going to hand it to us!

Oh, and one other thing I have noticed; the one person who EVERYONE speaks well of....Vince Cable, a man of integrity and honour in a cess pit of avarice, self-agrandisement and corruption.

Edit to correct poor grammar and typo.

[edit on 28/4/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Originally posted by uk today
reply to post by blupblup

Brown must surely realise now, delusional as he is, that the days of this un-elected disaster of a PM are well and truly almost over...thank God !!

Well let's not count our chickens and all that... as has been pointed out by Nick Clegg, among others, Gordon Brown could still remain in No.10 even if he came third in the number of votes received.

Our political system as a whole needs an overhaul and the only ones who want to do it and have been trying to get one , long before this election campaign started, are the Lib-Dems.... But there are still things that annoy me about all the parties and things I like about all the parties.

I'm having a harder time choosing who to vote for than ever before.

Why would anyone want to vote for any of these main parties, when they can't even be honest about where the cuts are coming from to try sort out our broken, bankrupt mess of a country...

Who else is there to vote for.... I mean who else with a realistic chance of winning or changing anything is there to vote for?
My worry is that many, many people will still vote Labour... regardless of what happens during this election... the Tories are still dodgy.... so who is there to choose?

I just really, really don't want labour to get back in.

So who do we vote for ?? Wow this is a tough cookie !!

Yep... As I said above, It's the hardest decision I've had to make as a voter... I usually know who I want to vote for and I'm probably going to vote them again... Lib-Dems, But I'm worried for our country at the moment.

Lib-Dems are, IMO, the lesser of 3 evils.

[edit on 28/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Another knicker wrenching epic fail from MR Brown. I still feel sorry for him is that wrong of me?

In saying that - you gotta laugh

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c84ea5a43fa.jpg[/atsimg]

bb

[edit on 28-4-2010 by badBERTHA]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Its pathetic the way Brown has made HER to look like the "bad guy" in all of this, saying all her questions were focused on Eastern European Immigration when infact all she was questioning him on was the deficit of the country and Tax Laws. A wide spectrum of debateable facts if you look at the origional confrontation, but Brown makes it look like she's some sort of BNP activist to make HIMSELF look better.

Then he has the Audacity to go over to her house (despite her saying she want's nothing more to do with him), bringing half the words press to the front door and harassing her, simply to blackmail her into changing her mind and "accepting" a apology. Either through force or other means.

For shame Gordon.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
l think Brown is out of touch and/or just doesn't listen the Q&A with Mrs Duffy was not that harmful to Brown in fact he answered fairly well so in light of this he clearly understood what was been asked and his excuse of not understanding
what was asked is just rubbish.
l would expect the PM to understand some simple questions and not to lie to hide his incompetence, l expect Mrs Duffy will tell about the 45min apology in one or more of the UK tabliods tomorrow.
It cleary shows how out of touch Brown and his party really are, someone turn him over l think he's done

He wasn't an elected PM anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think this may have put the final nail in Gordon Browns coffin. This story is going to run and run all the way to the election. I would hate to be a Labour Candidate on the hustings in the morning trying to explain GB's latest gaffe.

All he needs now is a run on Sterling in the morning like some are predicting and that will really make his day!

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

[edit on 28/4/10 by Wotan]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I will be voting UKIP...I love this guys plain speaking

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
its a politicians best defense if the other guy don`t agree just label them a bigot or racist and ignore them. does anyone have a vid of the entire conversation i`d like to judge for myself

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
its a politicians best defense if the other guy don`t agree just label them a bigot or racist and ignore them. does anyone have a vid of the entire conversation i`d like to judge for myself

Just look on the SkyNews website.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IanC99000310
To be fair the biggest mistake he has made is APOLOGISING.

This is the current leader albeit unelected leader of the United Kingdom. His opinion was that the lady had Bigoted views and for him not to stand by his convictions just goes to show how weak he actually is.

Mr Brown has a right to an opinion millions of people died for this. MSN, MSM have capatilised on this situation.

Rochdale is a predominantly Labour town and Mr Brown should realise that some Labour supporters verge on the extreme Right.

WRONG. rochdale is lib-dem all the way thats part of why its in the mess its in. do you even know what the woman said? what are you on about millions of deaths for? was she a NAZI. i doubt it. there are not many old women NAZIs round here. i live in rochdale and see what mass immigration did to this once nice town, all she did was mention immigration. she said she was scared of being called a racist. kind of says it all. BTW its a toilet now to be honest

[edit on 28/4/10 by Aceofclubs]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well, the UK media is set against brown anyhow and i'm sure they are willing to catch him out at any given time but when it comes to his opposition i'm sure they'll be willing not to make a big deal of it.
Trust us northerners to be blunt about what we think lol
Should labour have just lost a few seats, i hope libdems pick them up and not conservatives.

No matter what happens, conservatives aint getting my vote.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I don't think this has anything to do with the media "being against gordon brown" at all.... if this had been Cameron or Clegg.... the same thing would have happened.

It was unfortunate that he got caught out and that's really the only thing he's sorry or remorseful about, not saying what he did because you could see he was thinking it during the interview, but actually being heard.

He's a crap politician and we didn't even elect him as PM... the sooner he's gone the better.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I just heard the BBC alluding to Sky and Murdoch doing this on purpose (keeping the Mic on) and paying good money to have the lady ambush Brown... It would not surprise me one bit but it surprises me that this is uttered by the BBC.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
I just heard the BBC alluding to Sky and Murdoch doing this on purpose (keeping the Mic on) and paying good money to have the lady ambush Brown... It would not surprise me one bit but it surprises me that this is uttered by the BBC.

Really.... Hmmmmmm I did wonder if this was a "Joe the plumber" type thing and if perhaps Sky had "Planned" this...but even still, It doesn't excuse what he said and what he truly thinks of people whose opinions differ from his.

An interesting point and one well worth considering, but either way.... Gordon Brown was just an accident waiting to happen.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

He's only human and he would be the only person in the world who doesn't say things he shouldn't - off the record-. He is just unfortunate for getting busted.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
To me it's as if the big 3 parties are collaborating to create a hung parliament because when the shtf in the next year or two what with the economy going down the tubes then they can all blame each other and nobody will be held responsible.

It beats me how anybody could possibly vote for Labour ever again given the mess they have made of just about everything.

But they blindly will

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

I fully appreciate that he's human and even said something similar earlier in the thread.
But being Prime Minister and insulting a woman who did and said nothing wrong and calling the meeting a disaster when nobody else, press included, saw it that way... is just crazy.

It's not only, in fact not even what he said, it's his reaction afterwards and his trying to lay the blame at everyone's door but his own.

The whole thing was embarrassing but his reaction and handling of it was as bad if not worse than the original insult/gaffe.

He's a Moron

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

It's a shame that Political parties are almost forced on people through their parents when they grow up.
Many people just vote whatever way their family has always voted... without ever looking at the policies of any of the parties.

It's very sad indeed that anyone would want to vote for Labour.... although all politicians are self-serving greedy, arrogant bastards really.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join