It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown Gaffe : Calls woman a Bigot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by CX

But if i was the other parties, i would just have ads with this all over the place now, really rub in how bad labour really are for the working masses.

Give it time andy, i know the Lib Dem's have said they don't want to comment on the issue, which is admirable if they do not, i'd bet money the Conservatives with be milking this for all it's worth.

They'll be printing the posters as we speak.

CX.

[edit on 28/4/10 by CX]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Did this happen in Wales?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
To be fair the biggest mistake he has made is APOLOGISING.

This is the current leader albeit unelected leader of the United Kingdom. His opinion was that the lady had Bigoted views and for him not to stand by his convictions just goes to show how weak he actually is.

Mr Brown has a right to an opinion millions of people died for this. MSN, MSM have capatilised on this situation.

Rochdale is a predominantly Labour town and Mr Brown should realise that some Labour supporters verge on the extreme Right.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It gets worse and worse man.... He came out of her house after 40 mins in there, with a stupid, fake/insincere smile on his face and said "it's all ok now, she accepted my apology and that's that"

He was blatantly in there and trying to pressure and BS her into thinking he misunderstood what she said..

What was there to misunderstand?

Why not clarify it there and then when she mentioned it, instead of slagging her off at the first opportunity.

He just doesn't get it....

He's the Prime Minister of the UK and he's insulted a supporter of his own party and then tried to blame her for the comments... and then tried to blame everyone else...

Man up Brown, you F'd up and can't admit it.

His true colours have been shown today..... when there is no spin and no bull****, we can see what he really thinks.

[edit on 28/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The most interesting aspect of this story is how pathetic the 24/7 media hounds are awaiting her response camping out the pavement outside her home. The cops had to tell them to shift from her driveway.

It's 4pm now, and I think this 67 year old woman deserves some peace and quiet after an eventful day. Let her come and find them if she wants to give a statement at a later date.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Man i am just surprised he never sent round mandelson, to hypnotise the woman, lol. I just saw him on tv, the geezer is clearly a hynotist.

Will be interesting tomorrow night, the last debate, lol. Will the bbc talk much about it, and who is doing the debate for the bbc?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

I agree.... but is it a surprise that the press are doing/did this?
They're still there now, just waiting for her to come out.
It is very offensive to see really, just leave her alone and perhaps contact her tomorrow or something?

As they said earlier, Gordon Brown should have invited her to go to see him instead of bringing the media to the woman's door and now effectively making her a prisoner in her own home.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Also bizarre how Brown thought the earlier interview was a "disaster", when it seemed to go well. Is he delusional?!
Mandelson won't accept Brown has a temper with delusional behaviour. Perhaps MP's should have to have lie detector tests during interviews.

This has all become farcical. Apparently this is more important to the BBC than the Greece debt issues spreading to other EU countries, and the rioting in Thailand.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

but is it a surprise that the press are doing/did this?

Nah, not surprising, but just embarrassing on their behalf to see the press behave like children.

She could sell her story to the highest bidder,
I think I would!

And I agree an invitation to see him would have been much better.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

I know... I don't get why he was so pissed off with both how it went and at what the woman said?
It makes no sense whatsoever....

It just adds to the argument that he is truly incapable of leading this country and is also as you pointed out, delusional, and that also he is a very bullish and unreasonable person.
There have been many stories recently about his behaviour and his language and demeanour and now I think we can see a snippet of what he is really like.

I he was so lucky that he only used very mild language/insults in the few seconds they got of him.... It would be interesting to know what more was said as the car sped off out of the street... I wonder if the language continued on in that way or if he was a little more personal and vulgar...

To have been in that car

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IanC99000310

Originally posted by IanC99000310
To be fair the biggest mistake he has made is APOLOGISING.

This is the current leader albeit unelected leader of the United Kingdom. His opinion was that the lady had Bigoted views and for him not to stand by his convictions just goes to show how weak he actually is.

Exactly... he should have just had it out with her then and got to the bottom of it and found out what she meant, not just fob her off awkwardly and totally ignore what she was saying basically.
If it turned out that she did have extreme views or whatever and he combated them and showed her up on TV, people would be praising him now... as it is, he wouldn't let her explain what she meant and just fobbed her off and ignored her concerns and then went on to insult her... and call the whole thing a disaster??

I'm just confused by the whole thing.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
LOL

Im voting Mellow Yellow lol

3rd line

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I find it irritating that the press are not covering the fact he blatently gets interviews like this set up when he was supposed to be out canvassing random voters. Which he also admitted in the captured audio when he asked who set that interview up with her, then he blamed Sue.

Did anyone also catch the bit where some labour spokesman tried to spin the comment from calling her "a biggot woman" to calling her "a big hearted woman"

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cytokine_Strom

I know... there are many things on many levels wrong with this and I also mentioned that it was supposed to be "Random" voters he was chatting to, not set-up interviews.

And I saw a guy on Sky news saying that if his spin doctors had thought quick enough, then perhaps they Could have said that Gordon said that the woman was Big-Hearted and not Bigoted, but I don't believe they were actually trying to say that's what he said, just saying they could have said it.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I just listened to it, and it sounded like he hated that woman and she should not be allowed to speak.

Lol

These are the people we have running society lol.

Listen to him, and he has absolute hate in those words for that woman, lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Even his facial expressions when she was asking the questions, he was just thinking all kinds of thoughts about her and assumed she was some kind of old, busy-body who had bigoted views....

It's just crazy that he acted and reacted in this way.

He's truly cocked-up this one.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
He's coming out now and saying that he just misunderstood what she was saying... After all the events of the day and all the things he should have learned from this, we get " I misunderstood some of the words she used" In regard to immigration, she used about 3 words.... :shk:

Gordon, you're a Moron.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Also bizarre how Brown thought the earlier interview was a "disaster", when it seemed to go well. Is he delusional?!

Yep i did not see nothing too bad other than she put him on spot about immigration. Maybe he just never wanted to talk about negative issues, maybe they just want to focus on positive issues only while talking to the public like that.

But i agree she did not really put him on the spot, i did not hear anything too bad. lol.

But how he reacted in the car was funny, how dare she ask him a question, lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Brown must surely realise now, delusional as he is, that the days of this un-elected disaster of a PM are well and truly almost over...thank God !!

I saw this all unfold on the lunchtime news and it just confirms the sheer arrogance and disregard for the electorate that these disgraceful bunch of so called " Politicians " have...
This is going to be the most interesting election that this country has seen for a long, long time and the result could be a suprise one !
Why would anyone want to vote for any of these main parties, when they can't even be honest about where the cuts are coming from to try sort out our broken, bankrupt mess of a country...

Yep, Gordon is a moron, but unfortunately the rest of em are as well, well Vince Cable is an exception of course.
So who do we vote for ?? Wow this is a tough cookie !!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have been watching it on and off since it broke and I still just don't get it.

The interview went reasonably ok for Brown.
At the outset she said she used to vote Labour implying she didn't anymore.
Even though Brown gave her the brush off over immigration, immediately after the interview she stated that she would now vote Labour.
Surely a job done well.

But Brown was so pissed off that someone dared to bring up immigration that he showed his true colours and insulted her for no apparent reason.

He compunded it by blaming everyone else apart from himself and then forcing the woman to be subjugated to a complete invasion of her privacy by attempting some pathetic damage limitation exercise in calling round her home to eventually apologise.

What a complete balls up!

How to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Rochdale was a Lib-Dem seat but if Brown had simply walked away and kept his mouth shut or turned his microphone off then after today there would have been a good chance Labour coulkd have won it, that's how well Brown had done up till then.

It just beggars belief.

Do Labour actually want to win this election?

I suspect that Andy is right and the vast majority of politicians have nothing but contempt for the electorate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join