It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown Gaffe : Calls woman a Bigot

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86
Has anyone considered whether she might actually be a bigot?

Nothing she said sounded bad to me, it was just he did not want to answer any tough questions on immigration.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully

is having an opinion 'bigoted'?

Bigot is one of those words that can apply to all of us, we all have strong views.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Although I am all for an independent Scotland, always have been and always will be, I do in some ways agree with what you are saying.

It may be that Scotland cannot afford certain things but that doesnt mean we dont want to run our own country.

Whilst I will be supporting the SNP in any election I only do it because its the only way to achieve independence. If we were to gain independence then I would then switch to voting for a right wing party, probably in vain I admit.

But people in Scotland dont seem to realise that once Independence is achieved, basically the SNP's work is done. Technically they should disband, but probably they would carry on as the party with left wing policies. The Labour politicians could actually do very well and gain power in the Scottish government, while existing right wing politicians would continue to push for lower public spending.

With regard to RBS, if it had to go bust well so be it. Scotland has other banks. The Bank of Scotland is one of the oldest bank in the world formed in 1695 before the union of Scotland and Enland. The tax from RBS profits goes to westminster anyway so does not benifit Scotland.

Scottish banks such as TSB and Bank of Scotland have been taken by English Lloyds Bank now.

An independent Scotland would not permit the theft of Scottish assets which happens repeatedly.

just to add: it's possible if Scotland was independent before the bank crises we may have had more controls on banks and RBS would not have been allowed to be in the mess it got, hence would not need to be bailed out.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBeatlesWillSaveUs

Originally posted by CRB86
Has anyone considered whether she might actually be a bigot?

Nope, but we've got people making jokes about Gordon having the womans grandchildren raped and general hatred.

I think that about sums ATS up, sometimes.

IMO she seemed rather awkward and rude to talk to in both interviews before and after, Gordon - Right now you seem a bit more human to me, you just got a cool point.

Actually it wasn't entirely a joke my friend. If you check out my avatar you will discover that there are many who suspect there is a link between Mr Brown and children being abused.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
i would personally feel offended by his comments and pathetic excuse , like how a question about eastern or southern europeans in England would be worthy of such disgraceful comments, if i was to be an eastern european and live and work in uk

I hope he will also lose the possible votes of those well established communities

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
vote for this guy -

The Respect Party

He is 100% about the truth unlike the other parties (who are all the same party really)

g

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

It's a nice idea but he has no chance of winning... so if I vote for him, That's one less vote against labour....Now maybe if 5 million or so were also going to vote for him then yeah, cool...

I'm pretty stumped as to where my vote is going this time, but I know where it ain't going.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I know what youre saying, but the only way for any country to change is if people like you who are fed up to the back teeth of the top parties, start voting for the small fry.

It frustrates me so much that the people who speak the real truth can't get the votes to make a difference. Too many people are scared to change their vote.

REAL CHANGE WILL ONLY COME FROM VOTING FOR THE REAL TRUTH SPEAKERS!

g

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I worked it out.

Figured out that maybe an election is looming (had no idea) so I checked.

Five years since their last election! Next one - May 6th!

Brown has done his tour of duty, and now TPTB want to give the other party some exercise. It looked so set up.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Even politicians sometimes show their true color's Blup!!!

But it is nice to catch them in their true ideal and verbal way of thinking!!! I watched teh video from a local broadcast, if I was the lady, I would be little less than really PO-ed, he is looking at his last "Oops!" in office for sure.
Nice to see you again, hope thing's have been well for you.
S&F

U2U me sometime!!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I know... and I know my attitude is not the right one, I should be voting for who I actually want to win and who is speaking the truth and who is against political corruptness and so on.... but the way our political system is set up, it makes it hard to do that.

We have such a stupid system... you can get the most votes and not even win the election.. that's why we need an overhaul and to be fair, The Lib-Dems have been proposing one long before this election campaign started.

Also... the way it sits now with The Conservatives on 35%, Labour on 28% and the Lib-Dems on 28% with "Others" making up the other 9%.... means we will have a hung Parliament.... how does that make sense?

If you have a clear winner and I'd say 7% is clear enough, why can that party then not be the new government?

Add to that the fact that all 3 main parties have good and bad ideas and are almost as bad as each other and I can see why there is so much voter apathy.

I like your idea and it's definitely the right one and a noble one too.... but until a lot more people start realising that there is choice outside the 3 main parties and start realising the need for change and start demanding change, nothing is gonna change.

There is a lot wrong with this country and the world in general, but do people stand up against the government and those in charge and demand things their way? Not often... and those who do protest are just ridiculed and made to look like trouble makers.

I was among the 1 million protesters who took to the streets in London to protest the Iraq war, and that is a hell of a lot of people.... and did it make a difference?

No...

But if 10 million or 20 million people would have done it... and stopped manufacturing and trade/business in the country for the day or until the government listened, then hell yeah... something would have been done.

Unfortunately.... I don't believe anything like that will happen until it's already too late.
The biggest problems are apathy and ignorance.... and combined, they're almost fatal.

[edit on 29/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

I know... and yes, It's Great to catch them in the act... it's an insight into how they really think and possibly the only sign/example we'll get this entire campaign that at least one of them is a human being, shame he wasn't slagging off the media or something worthwhile, instead on a 67 year old widowed pensioner who dared to raise an important issue with him.... I mean god forbid

And I'm cool thanks mate.... Long time no see?
Hope all is well and yeah, there's a U2U en route

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

The worst thing that could happen to both England and Scotland is the complete abolition of The Union.

However, in some ways I would love to see it happen just to see who the whingers and moaners would blame for all of Scotland's failings in the absence of The English.

I know lot's of Scots and regularly visit Glasgow.
The vast majority are cracking people who just have normal cares and concerns that we all have.
Then you get the minority who blame everything on The English and have a xenphobic hatred of England and blame all of Scotland's ills on them.

I do believe in increased devolution for ALL the countries in the UK, especially England, but with a central government for defence and foreign policy etc.

I assure you, it will not be a bed of roses for Scotland if you ever break away from The Union and Alex Salmond will be found out for the fraud and one trick pony that he is.

It is time to concentrate on that which unites us rather than that which divides us.

I think that if you want to carry on debating Scottish 'Independance' and the break up of The British Union then I suggest someone starts a thread and we continue there rather than derailing this thread.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
It is also shows the complete contempt politician have for us.

Correct!.....and you'll notice thats he's 'mortified', not at having done it, but simply at having been caught! Fake TV discussions, heavily scripted and cotrolled, same deal apparently with 'on the street' canvassing, no place for the truth anywhere it seems.

Scotland declared its intentions by electing SNP as the main party at our last elections, but the three amigos quickly blocked SNP from being allowed their say at the next TV debate !!! WTF! The democraticaly elected government of the scottish people are not allowed to participate ?

Stand by for a few votes for BNP etc as a message to the main parties.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tie No Bows!

Didn't Scotland have their own debates?

And also why didn't Alex Salmond metion this or want to participate when he found out before the start of these elections? Why only now is he causing a stink? He's apparently known since December that he's excluded from the debates so why wait?

And where do we draw the line?

Do we allow the BNP, The Green Party, UKIP, Plaid Cymru and all other parties to participate in this debate?

He's not even an MP at Westminster any more and has no hope of being Prime Minister.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I have resisted commeting further on Scottish independance as I really feel it's for another thread but here in essence we have the hypocrisy of SNP and it's follower's.

They want to have a say in Westminster, deny an English Parlimanent yet have control over there own matters in Holyrood.
In other words, have their cake nd eat it.
You got to ask why?
And it's simply because deep down Salmond knows the figures just don't add up and he simply can't deliver what he has promised.
He needs England to continue subsidisng Scotland.

Will England be weakened by Scottish independance?
Of course.
But so will Scotland.
A lose / lose situation.
What is the point of that?

And the irony of it all is that if Scotland does get total independance from The Union then they will just get swallowed up in the beaurocratic, corrupt behemoth that is The European Union and will lose all of it's own national identity and culture and become just another insignificant part of that gross and crass entity.

Scotland is a valued and integral part of The United Kingdom Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and it is imperative that it remains so, for all of our well beings.
Of course what we have now is not ideal.
We need radical social, electoral and parliamentary reform if we are to move forward and give all of our citizens the life and values that we want and deserve.
But to get those we need to be united and strong in the face of TPTB who would deny us our freeborn inalienable rights.
The ties that bind are strong and long and we should concentrate on that which unites us rather than that which divides whilst recognising and acknowledging that which makes us unique.
That which we have achieved together in the past can pale into insignificance if we remain strong and true to each other in the future.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Totally agree with you man.
I find the whole thing frustrating and part of me wants to say just let them go.. if Wales and Scotland really want to be completely independent and self governed... then let them, see how long it really lasts and see how the EU value their Independence :shk:

The whole things is crazy and I do think that all the Nations of The United Kingdom Of Great Britain and Northern Ireland have the right to govern themselves and act as separate entities, whilst remaining a part of the whole too.

There has to be some kind of happy medium...

And yes, Alex Salmond has no clue how he's going to finance all he's promised and is now trying to stir up hatred for the English parliament because he's made promises that he just cannot honour.

It's all a crazy situation and all this political nonsense needs to be sorted out asap.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

IMHO,

This is a media tactic to divert attention to meaningless dribble. Who gives a crap what either of them said in the grand scheme of things, is someones opinion of someone else no longer welcome, regardless of the hypocrisy or controversy?

People are whores all the time, but did we really need to focus on Tiger Woods for months? People don't get along but do we need to utilize media Joe the Plumber tactics in the UK? It's all one big piece of distraction.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
To Freeborn and Blub,

Your right about not derailing this thread so am just going to say that what you have both said is the bigest load of claptrap ever. Clearly neither of has any clue what your talking about.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
To Freeborn and Blub,

Your right about not derailing this thread so am just going to say that what you have both said is the bigest load of claptrap ever. Clearly neither of has any clue what your talking about.

Sometimes I miss living in that world.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join