It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

98 ATS members and Counting...Australia "Out of Place"

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by coquine

I see your point, but I find it hard to believe that someones consiousness could switch from one multiverse to another and the only clue that it has happened is that a continent appears to be in a different place on a map from what one thought they learnt in highschool geography.

If Australia really was 1000 south in the op's prior multiverse then was Australia also a cold forested place in that multiverse, or was it also warm and tropical with nice beaches like it is in this multiverse.....

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

You really shouldn't encourage them. I'm pretty sure this whole thread is somebody's idea of a joke.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

I was not aware of any topographical/geographical changes.
I am from Australia and the way Australia and NZ look on the map has always been C.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I am very positive... D or E

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

Man I hope this is someones idea of a joke. Didn't we do this once before too? 'Why won't people take conspiracy theorists seriously?' This thread is the answer.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron

You really shouldn't encourage them. I'm pretty sure this whole thread is somebody's idea of a joke.

No, its not a joke and has never been a joke to us who has had this experience.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

So 98 ATS members think that either Australia and/or New Zealand have moved.
Well guys and girls, you are wrong and delusional.
Australia and NZ are still where they have been for millions of years, in the positions shown on map "C".

But you know something, we occasionally move both countries around so as to confuse you people from across the Pacific Ocean, it is our idea of fun.
Tasmania and Stewart Island are really huge outboard motors, which are driven by solar power and which push both countries around, so that you foreigners cannot find us.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
reply to post by Snowi

Australia and NZ are still where they have been for millions of years, in the positions shown on map "C".

But you know something, we occasionally move both countries around so as to confuse you people from across the Pacific Ocean, it is our idea of fun.
Tasmania and Stewart Island are really huge outboard motors, which are driven by solar power and which push both countries around, so that you foreigners cannot find us.

You obviously haven't got a clue what this thread is about...read and educate yourself.
No countries has "moved" as you think...ahh...i give up...to many stupid people here on ATS....
You and the rest of the apes on this forum would NOT understand what WE talk about even if we paid
you money to listen to what WE are saying.
Go and scrub a toilet.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
I all seriousness, how many of these people live in the United States or Britain, and actually really paid attention to maps and Geography over the past several years.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by RuneSpider]

Me and it's C...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snowi

Originally posted by Sailor Sam
reply to post by Snowi

You obviously haven't got a clue what this thread is about...read and educate yourself.
No countries has "moved" as you think...ahh...i give up...to many stupid people here on ATS....
You and the rest of the apes on this forum would NOT understand what WE talk about even if we paid
you money to listen to what WE are saying.
Go and scrub a toilet.

So, tell me, did the countries look the same shape to you? There seems to be a very basic misunderstanding of geology and a whole lot of bad education. It's o.k. you're not alone!
edit on 3-8-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
C is not right :| Close but not quite.

Pull aus down a bit - Move NZ up a bit and it's perfect.

Wouldent it be realy effing hard for Australia to move? Considering we're smack bang in the middle of a tectonic plate? (If i ever feel an earthquake - i will probably poop my pants - as ive never felt one before... lucky me living in Brisbane eh?)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
it is the same post! posted on 28-4-2010
and it was Not about oz moving.
its about some people finding them selves in are dimension.
and seeing OZ out of place for them.
is that right?

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Mumbotron

Man I hope this is someones idea of a joke. Didn't we do this once before too? 'Why won't people take conspiracy theorists seriously?' This thread is the answer.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
If I could jump through the computer and bitchslap people right back to the stone age where they belong, I'd be doing that right now.

Australia and New Zealand have not been moving. The tectonic plate that Australia is on (also some of New Zealand), called the Indo-Australian plate, is pushing north-eastwards up against Indonesia. That's about the only movement that's happening. And it's happening really fast too! At a crazy ~7cm per year!

This is just people who perhaps looked at an inaccurate world map a few years ago and are now combining it with their sheer geographical ignorance.

I work as an oceanographer. Just.... Just believe me when I say that Australia and NZ have most definitely not radically changed positions to anywhere.

Originally posted by TigaHawk

Wouldent it be realy effing hard for Australia to move? Considering we're smack bang in the middle of a tectonic plate? (If i ever feel an earthquake - i will probably poop my pants - as ive never felt one before... lucky me living in Brisbane eh?)

Eastern Australia has experienced earthquakes before, like the one in Newcastle in 1988... or 1989? One of those years. And as I said, the plate is moving relatively quickly. This will cause more Earthquakes eventually.

edit on 4-8-2011 by DeepThoughtCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I always remembered it being by itself surrounded by water, the reason I remember this is because my teacher was showing us on a globe, back in my school days and she was telling us how long a flight would take to get there. She made a point to tell us how it sets way off in the ocean by itself. I remember thinking wow...those people are really on the bottom of no where Earth (random teenager thought).
She went on to say how when it's summer there, it's winter here in the USA. I will never forget it. But I am a person who remembers many things like my first grade teachers name - and every teachers name after that.
What I do NOT remember is the map or globe looking like it does now...
edit on 22-3-2012 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I remember all through grade school we'd look at the globe and laugh at Australia who was all by herself hundreds of miles from any land in any direction. Us grade school kids would put the globe on Aussie and imagine being there away from everyone else in the world, isolated so far away. I always remembered wondering what it would be like to live on such a remote huge island in the middle of nowhere but vast amount of ocean all around. I remember asking the teacher and my parents about what the Australians did to visit other countries and was told they had to either take a ship for a day or so or fly to get to mainlands in a few hours. This was in the mid to early 80's

And then, 2 years ago I think was when I noticed something was amiss and found ATS and found the other post about Aussie being wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too close to other lands. I too was in shock to see it touching some other land sticking off one of the huge countries! So many of us for YEARS always felt for Aussie for being so far away from other land masses. Like massive ocean all around then plop. Aussie is there in the middle of the water all alone.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I've explained this like 3 times on this thread.. people just don't want to listen.
It's due to their first memories of Australia being on inaccurate, sparsely detailed continent worksheets in school.
They showed only the continents (likely none of the islands and etc) and were usually poor examples anyway. So later in life people take a look at a better detailed map.. not to mention so many more pictures from space and for some reason jump to the conclusion they are in a time slip in which.. only australia is a little different.

Precisely what I think would be the reason for me and the poster above my post above's confusion. It only makes sense that globes were messed up in some manufacturer places and some schools got the bad ones.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Snowi
Australia “used” to be located in the middle of nowhere with huge ocean on all sides and far far away from Papua new Guinea.

How can this be explained...???

1) You're making it all up.
2) You don't know anything about geography.
3) You remembered wrong.

Pick your poison.

right, I remember watch documentaries on Guadaucal Canal and the island hopping campaign that ended WWII

many good marines died fighting in that area.... Semper Fi

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
E looks most familiar too me.

Interesting thread, S & F.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cicero
I, too, remember Australia as sitting all by itself with no other land masses nearby. I am not arrogant enough to presume that I couldn't be wrong; however, I do find it interesting that there are a number of folks who remember it so differently.

That it exactly how I remember it. Papua New Guinea wasn't even close to it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Without reading this whole thread or the one before it D looks right to me.

edit to add: I just asked the other 2 members of my family and they say a
edit on 6-4-2012 by shamdaddy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join