It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found! Noah's Ark - 4000m Up Mt Ararat

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

Originally posted by saabster5
The difficult thing for me to wrap my tiny insignificant brain around is where did the water go? 4000m of water above today's current sea levels to place this "Ark" on a mountain has to go somewhere? I believe if an "Ark" did exist we would find it close or around today's current sea levels. 4000m of water on a localized level is unfathomable. 4000m on a regional level is beyond unfathomable. That much water would have to come from somewhere. Ice Age couldn't account for that much water. 4000m of water just doesn't evaporate overnight, let alone 4800 years. The water that is here on earth today has taken millions of years to develop. I guess after the great flood, God asked Mel Brooks for his Mega-Maid and sucked up all the excess water.

You;ve obviously suffered from pardigmical indoctrination.

Try thinking outside the box.

How about this??? If pangea existed, what happens with all of the land under the oceans?

Could it be that this land formed and caused teh break up of the continents? and as it formed, it increased the size of the earth. Maybe the earth is a living growing entity. look at the extremely large sizes of the dinosaurs. Dinosaurs could not have lived on earth with current gravitic conditions. too many reasons to get into a debate as to why right now.

If the earth was smaller in the past, then there would be more than enough water to cover the earth.

Where did it go though. That's a good question, there are many possible eplanations. I'm at work right now and can't take the time to truly delve into them though.

TTYL

Jaden

You are right, the earth was a third it's size with a frozen but melting core hence "it had not rained, but a steam came up from the ground to water the face of the earth". That steam is what grew the earth to the size it is now and this happened rapidly killing most everything on the surface except for those who took refuge under the arcs which is why you find pyramids all around the globe, some even still under water.

Never ever ever was it a boat, though they did have boats with them. Look at the mayan carvings of the flood or the boat found in kufu's pyramid.

Noah means Rest. Not a man, but an action.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Perhaps even though the story was mangled over the years, there was indeed an ark. Or... perhaps more than one. Which would make more sense, as I have serious doubt about all the animals going to one location. Perhaps several arks sailed with critters on them. Just an idea.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
As previously stated this is not the first time 'Noah's Ark' has been 'found' on Mount Ararat.

And how high must see level's have risen for a boat to be stranded on Mount Ararat....surely someone on ATS will be able to do the math...what,effect would that have had globally, surely there would be more evidence of something that wouldn't have just been a flood but a global deluge on a scale previously unknown.
And surely there would be evidence of such an event all over the world.

Hey, I'm no expert, just my initial thoughts on something I know very little about.

If the earth were covered in that much water... enough to submerge even Mt. Everest... the air would have been so humid that you would drown in seconds just from breathing.
Talk about a crappy way to die!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
2 of every kind of animal of his lot so they can reproduce. but who knows maybe it was everything from elephants to lizards. Sounds like hardwork to me but so does building that boat.

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Nice to find the remains of an old ship...however...

1) If they don't find the ship, the story can't proven true.
2) If they find the ship, the story can be proven wrong. No matter what ship they find, it'll never be large enough to hold "2 of all kind". Ergo, the story is hogwash.

Nothing against archeology though, it is a nice find, and it'll tell us a lot about how people during those times traveled...and how far they were able to travel.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
I'll say it again. Noahs ark cant be real just for the simple fact that OTHER PEOPLE HAD BOATS BACK THEN!!! Other people wouldve have survived a worldwide flood in their boats. period. I've been saying this since I was 5 years old.

But it seems like they found something and my guess is its an old house/temple or something. every old wooden structure on a mountain is NOT Noahs Ark.

did others around the world did the same thing as Noah many tales and storys claimed they have .

just maybe some of the Nephilim survived also from this in the Hebrew literature there is the tale of OG ! en.wikipedia.org...

Noah is not the only one i believe that gathered life on earth

what was the cause of the flood to rise ? pole shift ? slowing down the rotation of earth less gravitation ? water canopy collapse, what could be the cause ? that's my interest ?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeytheHair
Lol... Why are they claiming to have found a story book characters boat?? Don't they know it's not real?

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.
When will people ever learn?

Ugggh... If you believe in the Ancient Astronaut theory - ALL OF IT can be true. Just realize that god(s) = egotistical aliens and it all fits.

I'm actually being serious!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Interesting points kingofmd, I enjoyed reading your posts. Most of which I hadn't heard proposed before. The video was interesting as well, unbiased and descriptive. What will become of the result? I don't know, but will continue watching.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
reply to post by Masterjaden

Mountains dont rise 4000m in 4000 years...

maybe in 400 million years?

Still thinking inside the box.

Think of Einstein's theories of relativity. Now, instead of the universe being infinite, think of it as being finite and of space stretching as the universe expands.

Now, think of what happens to time when space is compressed and go back in time to when the space surrounding earth was more compressed and now tell me that it took 400 million revolutions of the earth around the sun for mountains to rise
?>??

Jaden

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Skipping the religious discussion, I still personally beleive (based on the evidence to date) that the Noah story does revolve around a meteor strike and mega-tsunami

mathildasweirdworldweblog.wordpress.com...

Such a strike would explain many aspects such as the 40 days of rain, also the physical evidence in other areas match.

As to Noah's preperation time or pre-warning, if the evidence lines up this does suggest some entity gave prior warning of the strike.

I do not believe the 2 of every animal is literal, I think it was enough to 'help' repopulate the immediate area where Noah then settled.

Sadly many people must either take all of the story or none of it, forgetting that myths passed over generations do pickup errors in the retelling. But the myth (often) began based on a real event.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

I am not an expert, but the wood in these pictures looks too young to be 4800 years old. Is anyone better informed on the subject? Also i found this article that suggests that there is not enough water on earth to place a boat on that mountain, I don't know how they came up with this conclusion but it is something to consider.

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
So far from what I've read everyone is debunking everything else related to religion. Even if this discovery was shown to be the actual ark, people would still not believe that the Bible is an accurate record of history. For years many have debunked the possibility of a flood so recent and the existence of an ark. If this is it (and it seems it is?) it will make very little difference to those who don't want to believe it because believing it means the Bible is true and if it's true it means we are accountable to God as it says. And if we don't 'want' to be accountable then we find other things to critisize or debunk to make us feel better in our unbelief - like evolution (which actually requires more faith than one believing in God).

Apart from that, to find a 4000-6000 year old wooden structure still intact is amazing. You wonder what else lies under the ice caps and mountain tops yet to be revealed as we go through a short natural warming period.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Great thread, very interesting

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod
Skipping the religious discussion, I still personally beleive (based on the evidence to date) that the Noah story does revolve around a meteor strike and mega-tsunami.

I like to think that a lot of the "Flood" stories revolve around half-forgotten tales of what happened as a result of a meteor/asteroid strike that kicked off the climate blip of the Younger Dryas and resulted in the mid-Atlantic Ridge sinking along with the proto-civilization of Atlantis, as well as causing all kinds of weather turmoil around the world. This happened 13,000 years or so ago, however, and not around 6,500.

Impact Creating the Younger Dryas

And I personally think an angled impact into what is now Iceland was probably responsible, with some of the associated debris crashing into the Carolina Bays.

Or not. Pretty hard to prove, one way or another, although people are working on it. Fun stuff.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I also noticed someone saying it could be a boat anyone had built. With a roof? Who ever built a boat with chambers and a roof when at the time the average boat was no more than an open dingy?
Think a little more. If it's real, it is not an ordinary boat. No one has ever been able to build a boat from scratch that would survive a torrential rain flood as well as subterranean surges yet only start building it when the flood starts. Thats just idiotic.
Noah was supposssed to have started building this when it was dry didn't he and with prior knowledge, in a land far from the sea, and in a manner unlike anything any local would have built for any purpose relating to seamanship.
We didn't start building boats with many levels and chambers like that until close to the 1500's.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

The late Ron Wyatt found this and much more in the 70's and 80's. Research his discoveries. If you don't believe them, I have interesting news for you. The illuminati have their own people pretending to find them all over again. In fact, they have already started. They are hoping that due to their total dismissal of him in the media, that you have never heard of Ron Wyatt nor his discoveries before. Otherwise the jig is already up for their little coming deception.
Educate yourself.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by AliensAreDemons]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is not the first discovery of THE Ark, but how do we know there is only one? It would make sense to find more than one "ark" would it not? How many civilizations or peoples had their "Noahs" that built an ark?
The world needed more than one ark. You could not get all of the world's creatures on JUST one Ark from ONE region. God wanted to save the innocent creatures and a few Noahs with their families.
Possibly they all ended up in the same place, the cradle of civilization.
Maybe, we find one in Peru?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by havok

Your talking about all these flood myths as if they all happened at the same exact time. Point of fact is, many cultures that live near sources of water that regularly flood, do indeed contain flood myths, but the kicker is, none all discuss the same flood or were created at the same time nor are all the stories similar enough to even be used a 'smoking gun' for a world wide flood.

The Babylonian text "The Epic of Galgamesh" 1,8 and the Hebrew story are essentially identical with about 20 major points in common. Their texts are obviously linked in some way. Either:
bullet Genesis was copied from an earlier Babylonian story, or
bullet The Galgamesh myth was copied from an earlier Hebrew story, or
bullet Both were copied from a common source that predates them both.

In both the Genesis and Galgamesh stories:
bullet The Genesis story describes how mankind had become obnoxious to God; they were hopelessly sinful and wicked. In the Babylonian story, they were too numerous and noisy.
bullet The Gods (or God) decided to send a worldwide flood. This would drown men, women, children, babies and infants, as well as eliminate all of the land animals and birds.
bullet The Gods (or God) knew of one righteous man, Ut-Napishtim or Noah.
bullet The Gods (or God) ordered the hero to build a multi-story wooden ark (called a chest or box in the original Hebrew).
bullet The ark would be sealed with pitch.
bullet The ark would have with many internal compartments
bullet It would have a single door
bullet It would have at least one window.
bullet The ark was built and loaded with the hero, a few other humans, and samples from all species of other land animals.
bullet A great rain covered the land with water.
bullet The mountains were initially covered with water.
bullet The ark landed on a mountain in the Middle East.
bullet The hero sent out birds at regular intervals to find if any dry land was in the vicinity.
bullet The first two birds returned to the ark. The third bird apparently found dry land because it did not return.
bullet The hero and his family left the ark, ritually killed an animal, offered it as a sacrifice.
bullet God (or the Gods in the Epic of Gilgamesh) smelled the roasted meat of the sacrifice.
bullet The hero was blessed.
bullet The Babylonian gods seemed genuinely sorry for the genocide that they had created. The God of Noah appears to have regretted his actions as well, because he promised never to do it again.

www.religioustolerance.org...

The Jewish Noah's Ark legend appears to be a mixture of three Hindu flood myths: Satyavarman, Vaivasvata, and Nahusha. The Mahabharata states:

"The progeny of Adamis and Hevas (Adam and Eve) soon became so wicked that they were no longer able to coexist peacefully. Brahma therefore decided to punish his creatures "Vishnu" [right] ordered Vaivasvata to build a ship for himself and his family. When the ship was ready, and Vaivasvata and his family were inside with the seeds of every plant and a pair of every species of animal, the big rains began and the rivers began to overflow."

Not only are the names of the main players in the Noah story the same as the family of Satyavarman, but, like the Vaivasvata part that the Old Testament authors plagiarized from the Mahabharata, the rains fell for forty days and forty nights

www.viewzone.com...

We are definitely outside the realm of pure coincidence. .

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

The boat was not found in Khufu's pyramid. The flood in Mayan mythology is from the Popul Vuh and not a water flood.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is puzzling, because it should have been the first place to look. Or, did they know it was there all along and perhaps they were waiting for the right moment.

Genesis 8:4
And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The amount of water to cover even Mt Everest is a lot. In fact it is 14 Atlantic Oceans. That's a lot of water. So where is it? Did someone pull the plug and drain it into Pellucidar? How very inconsiderate!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join