It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found! Noah's Ark - 4000m Up Mt Ararat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Yet again, another claim.

www.smh.com.au...

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers said on Monday they believe they may have found Noah's Ark - 4000m up a mountain in Turkey.

The team say they recovered wooden specimens from a structure on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey that carbon dating proved was 4800 years old, around the same time the ark is said to have been afloat.

"It's not 100 per cent that it is Noah's Ark but we think it is 99.9 per cent that this is it," said Yeung Wing-cheung, a Hong Kong documentary filmmaker and member of the 15-strong team from Noah's Ark Ministries International.

The structure had several compartments, some with wooden beams, which were believed to house animals, he said.

The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds that one had never been found above 3500m in the vicinity, Yeung said.

Local Turkish officials will ask the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status so the site can be protected while a major archaeological dig is conducted, Yeung added.

Pictures & Videos at this source.

www.noahsarksearch.net...
Sorry in Chinese, but a small section in English

www.thenoahark.com...
English translation, thanks to being pointed out by "loner007"

[edit on 27-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
the site you linked has an english translate button in the top right so no biggie..:p
They do seem to have found something a hidden cave like structure with wooden beams.

Interesting Hopefully we get confirmation about what this find really is when others people take a look

[edit on 27-4-2010 by loner007]

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Lol... Why are they claiming to have found a story book characters boat?? Don't they know it's not real?

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.
When will people ever learn?

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Again????

Havent they previously "found" it on Ararat. And other places too. Must be a strange place that mountain, seems to be littered with shiprecks.

Ararat home of the sirens?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Thanks for the heads up on that, now I can read more as well.

reply to post by SmokeytheHair

Thanks for the laugh at your avatar. Very brave man to post that.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

Again????
Havent they previously "found" it on Ararat. And other places too. Must be a strange place that mountain, seems to be littered with shiprecks.

That's why I said "Yet again, another claim."

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Its interesting that their website makes out like they found it first. Its been all over the internet for the unscensored world at least. Perhaps the chinese government knows its the real thing and they are using it as a "boost" for china, like how they wanted the games and to go to the moon, cept they werent first for those, they wanna be the first at something big perhaps. The supposed "discoverers" have been recognized by some "honorable citizens" award.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Haha no problem

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Perhaps the chinese government knows its the real thing and they are using it as a "boost" for china, like how they wanted the games and to go to the moon, cept they werent first for those, they wanna be the first at something big perhaps. The supposed "discoverers" have been recognized by some "honorable citizens" award.

China didn't try to boost themselves with this "honorable citizens" award. It was award by the Turkish government in Agri Province, Turkey where the discovery was made.

www.thenoahark.com...

In appreciation of the Hong Kong search team’s dedication and contribution to the Ark search on Mount Ararat in Agri Province and its subsequent discovery, Mr. Murat Güven, Lieutenant Governor of Agri Province announced four of the team members as Honourable Citizens. They are the first foreigners to be recognized this status.

Agri Province is part of Turkey
39°37'36.92"N, 43° 1'17.75"E
en.wikipedia.org...

Ağrı is a province on the eastern borders of Turkey, bordering Iran to the east, Kars to the North, Erzurum to the Northwest, Muş and Bitlis to the Southwest, Van to the south, and Iğdır to the northeast.

Shows map to prove it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

Again????

That's why I said "Yet again, another claim."

I know. Was mocking the article, not you

completely unneccessary second line

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

That's cool, didn't take it as personal mocking.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

So wait... are you essentially stating that because I don't believe in a far fetched story from a religious text I need to "grow up"?

I believe you in fact need to grow up, mentally of course.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Well they obviously found something very old and interesting. Whether it's Ark? who knows? I just hope more comes to the surface.

Great find.
Ark or no Ark

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
First I want to say I have no problem with people who choose to subscribe to a organized religion although I believe we should all think for ourselves...

With that said, I don't really know how we can take the bible as a true 'history book' per-say. We know most, if not all, of the stories are exaggerated or made up to be viewed and interpreted differently by everyone. So the whole story about Noah's Ark is a bit hard for me to believe, and a lot of others as well.

However I will admit it is possible there was a giant flood, but that doesn't mean there was a boat with 2 of every animal on it... (once again I'm not mocking religion I'm just pointing out how ridiculously impossible that sounds).

But remember this "flood" has not been proven either, so we have no idea exactly what happened to the earth back in those days - we could have had a large climate change with a giant heat wave over a long period of time which melted glaciers which flooded certain parts of the world... or an asteroid could have hit the earth and landed in the ocean creating a huge tsunami. We could keep speculating all day though...

I would love for us to discover a true boat though dating back thousands of years ago high up on a mountain. That would really be a cool discovery so
if this turns out to be something new.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeytheHair

Says the one dressed like that!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
As previously stated this is not the first time 'Noah's Ark' has been 'found' on Mount Ararat.

And how high must see level's have risen for a boat to be stranded on Mount Ararat....surely someone on ATS will be able to do the math...what,effect would that have had globally, surely there would be more evidence of something that wouldn't have just been a flood but a global deluge on a scale previously unknown.
And surely there would be evidence of such an event all over the world.

Hey, I'm no expert, just my initial thoughts on something I know very little about.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hmmm. Maybe Noah really just built a really big building higher up on the mountain than anyone else rather than a boat! Would make more since to build a huge building high up on a mountain to avoid a flood rather than a boat that would sink, flip over or just fall apart to the on rush of water.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

And how high must see level's have risen for a boat to be stranded on Mount Ararat....surely someone on ATS will be able to do the math...what,effect would that have had globally, surely there would be more evidence of something that wouldn't have just been a flood but a global deluge on a scale previously unknown.
And surely there would be evidence of such an event all over the world.
Hey, I'm no expert, just my initial thoughts on something I know very little about.

I'm not religious so I don't post this to support any religious belief.

Many claim flood by god others claim natural forces for marine evidence on mountain tops.

God
www.springerlink.com...
In chapter 3
Sorry won't let copy have to open page to see.

Natural forces
www.platetectonics.com...

Fossilized Sea Shells near Himalayan Peaks?
When archaeologists found the fossilized remains of ancient sea-creatures near the peaks of the Himalayas they were, understandably, puzzled. Intriguing questions were raised. Was there once an ocean or other large body of water at the top of this enormous mountain range? Unlikely.

Had the entire planet, Himalayas and all, at some point in Earth’s long history, been submerged underwater? Possibly - but highly improbable. No theory could fully explain this apparent paradox. Until the theory of plate tectonics was put forth.

Briefly, it goes like this: As the Indo-Australian Plate, with India firmly embedded, approached the Eurasian continent 20 million years ago, its leading edge, comprised of oceanic crust, was first to be crumpled and uplifted. Slowly, the Himalayas rose and the leading oceanic crust of the Indian sub-continent, carrying the fossilized remains of its ancient ocean inhabitants, was thrust up by the crumpling crust in its wake. Thus, plate tectonics explains how the majestic peaks of one of the world’s great mountain ranges were once the deep sea-floors of an ancient drifting plate.
The European Alps have been formed in similar fashion, starting some 80 million years ago when the outlying continental fragments of the African Plate collided with the Eurasian Plate. Unyielding pressure between the two plates continues even today, resulting in the gradual closing up of the Mediterranean Sea.

PS Who is that hosting video, seen him before, but can't remember who he is.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

yeah, there is. there's whole islands where frozen mammoths have been WASHED to in siberia by some flood probably; in australia, the megafauna went extinct - remains in caves - washed into; in sth america - massive graves of extinct mega fauna also - all mixed with dirt etc as if left by a flood - its worldwide. why people cannot put this together i dont know.

there's plenty of evidence of a global catastrophe in the recent past. altho i would say maybe 10,500 bc ish.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join