It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found! Noah's Ark - 4000m Up Mt Ararat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I'm thinking this is a fake or hoax honestly. They do a lot of knocking on the wood as if they're trying to 'prove' it's really wood.

Fresh 4600 year old hay? Seriously? No one else noticed that? Not to mention that they were walking on the wooden floor which just magically has no deterioration and didn't crumble right out from under their feet? The lack of decent pictures showing the overall structure of the site itself.

Call me crazy, but I don't think this is it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

It is easy to explain fossilized sea shells being found in The Himalya's due to displacement of the earth's crust due to tectonic plate movement theory and the the realatively long timeline involved.

'The Flood' happened relatively a very short time ago and if it had raised sea level's enough to strand Noah's Ark 4000metres above sea level then there would be blatant evidence all around the affected area.

There is far too many tales of some sort of flood in different myths and legends etc for it not to be based on truth.

As for the religous aspect?

I prefer facts rather than the unporovable.

[edit on 27/4/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
There is structural evidence of a vessel that was stranded high on Mount Ararat.
The entire story of Noah ends with his vessel stranded in the exact same place.

There are floods stories from around the world.
Flood Stories From Around the World
Yet, people still disagree that there was a historically massive flood on Earth.

Egypt:
People have become rebellious. Atum said he will destroy all he made and return the earth to the Primordial Water which was its original state. Atum will remain, in the form of a serpent, with Osiris. [Faulkner, plate 30] (Unfortunately the version of the papyrus with the flood story is damaged and unclear. See also Budge, p. ccii.)

Mongolia:
Hailibu, a kind and generous hunter, saved a white snake from a crane which attacked it. Next day, he met the same snake with a retinue of other snakes. The snake told him that she was the Dragon King's daughter, and the Dragon King wished to reward him. She advised Hailibu to ask for the precious stone that the Dragon King keeps in his mouth. With that stone, she told him, he could understand the language of animals, but he would turn to stone if he ever divulged its secret to anyone else. Hailibu went to the Dragon King, turned down his many other treasures, and was given the stone. Years later, Hailibu heard some birds saying that the next day the mountains would erupt and flood the land. He went back home to warn his neighbors, but they didn't believe him. To convince them, he told them how he had learned of the coming flood and told them the full story of the precious stone. When he finished his story, he turned to stone. The villagers, seeing this happen, fled. It rained all the next night, and the mountains erupted, belching forth a great flood of water. When the people returned, they found the stone which Hailibu had turned into and placed it at the top of the mountain. For generations, they have offered sacrifices to the stone in honor of Hailibu's sacrifice. [Elder & Wong, pp. 75-77]

Assyrian:
The gods, led by Enlil, agreed to cleanse the earth of an overpopulated humanity, but Utnapishtim was warned by the god Ea in a dream. He and some craftsmen built a large boat (one acre in area, seven decks) in a week. He then loaded it with his family, the craftsmen, and "the seed of all living creatures." The waters of the abyss rose up, and it stormed for six days. Even the gods were frightened by the flood's fury. Upon seeing all the people killed, the gods repented and wept. The waters covered everything but the top of the mountain Nisur, where the boat landed. Seven days later, Utnapishtim released a dove, but it returned finding nowhere else to land. He next returned a sparrow, which also returned, and then a raven, which did not return. Thus he knew the waters had receded enough for the people to emerge. Utnapishtim made a sacrifice to the gods. He and his wife were given immortality and lived at the end of the earth. [Sandars, chpt. 5]

Sharur destroyed Asag, demon of sickness and disease, by flooding his abode. In the process, "The primeval waters of Kur rose to the surface, and as a result of their violence no fresh waters could reach the fields and gardens." [Kramer, p. 105]

Ifugao (Philippines):
A great drought dried up all the rivers. The old men suggested digging in a river bed to find the soul of the river. After three days of digging, a great spring gushed forth rapidly enough to kill many of the diggers. While the Ifugaos celebrated the waters, a storm came, the river kept rising, and the elders advised people to run for the mountains, as the river gods were angry. Only two people made it to safety, a brother and sister, Wigan and Bugan, on the separate mountains Amuyao and Kalawitan. Both had enough food on the summits, but only Bugan had fire. After six months, the waters receded, creating the rugged terrain that exists today. Wigan traveled to his sister on Mt. Kalawitan, and they settled in the valley. The sister later found herself with child and ran away in shame, following the course of the river. The god Maknongan, appearing as an old man, assured her that her shame had no foundation, since she and her brother would repopulate the world. [Demetrio, p. 262; Dixon, pp. 179-180]

Only a brother and sister named Wigam and Bugan survived a primeval flood, on Mount Amuyas. [Gaster, p. 104]

I am not even about to quote all the stories from that site.

I don't see this as a well played [HOAX] either. But it could be.
Its all too strange that the evidence is displayed for all to see, in CHINA!

I can't see how all these cultures have the same story without some truth to it.
Mostly all without knowledge of each other, or from separate continents/eras.

It doesn't matter if the main character is Noah or Gilgamesh.
Point is, there was a flood, there is a boat. And a story passed generations down.

It all depends on one's belief. Or lack of thereof.
Hmm....

[edit on 27-4-2010 by havok]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Your talking about all these flood myths as if they all happened at the same exact time. Point of fact is, many cultures that live near sources of water that regularly flood, do indeed contain flood myths, but the kicker is, none all discuss the same flood or were created at the same time nor are all the stories similar enough to even be used a 'smoking gun' for a world wide flood.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
all this arart stuff is starting to irritate me.

i just read 'disclosure' from someone ex military who said they found a wooden giant boat via satellite and another 'object' even further above it; and they sent in SEALS to investigate and recover 'artifacts' from the higher up object, and that as a result its all classified 'above top secret'.

well im sick of all the secrecy. it bores me.

BOR- ING.

show me the boat, and show me the ufo or whatever they found above it; and whatever techno gadgets they recovered, or genetics bank or whatever, otherwise i dont really care. the innuendo is so irritating.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

if you have seen 2012, you would the Chinese can already build arks, damn good looking ones too.Manybe they have been sitting on this for awhile

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Nice,thankyou for this
Have they tested the wood to see what type it is and were it came from?

Treat others how You wish to be treated~jesus christ

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by YehudasTheEnabler

As far as I'm aware only the age at approx 4800 years old.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Well, sirnex, have you read all the stories?

They are all pretty similar in my eyes, the problem is, we don't know the exact time frame of each individual story. So, you are right. But, to me, all the stories just prove that there was a historically massive flood.

Then again, we don't even know the correct time frame of each culture just because we base our time on a calendar invented around 2000 years ago?
Julian Calendar

So who's to say what culture is right or wrong?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I'll say it again. Noahs ark cant be real just for the simple fact that OTHER PEOPLE HAD BOATS BACK THEN!!! Other people wouldve have survived a worldwide flood in their boats. period. I've been saying this since I was 5 years old.

But it seems like they found something and my guees is its an old house/temple or something. every old wooden structure on a mountain is NOT Noahs Ark.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
I'll say it again. Noahs ark cant be real just for the simple fact that OTHER PEOPLE HAD BOATS BACK THEN!!! Other people wouldve have survived a worldwide flood in their boats. period. I've been saying this since I was 5 years old.

But it seems like they found something and my guees is its an old house/temple or something. every old wooden structure on a mountain is NOT Noahs Ark.

The problem with your reply is that it's not accurate.

They didn't find a wooden house. They found a big boat.
That big boat is called an ARK.
The story goes to say that the ARK was found on Mount ARARAT.
Not just some mountain with no name. Ararat.
Just like the mountain claimed in the story.
Also, the story of Noah says that no one survived the flood.
SO there couldn't be other boats.

So according to the story, which the OP is based on, it is Noah's Ark.

Remember the phrase, according to the story. Noah's story.

Whether you believe that or not....is up to you. (obviously you don't)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
wow, i just read the site and watched the video of the inside of the ark.

i think they really found it this time. what else could it be?

even has some hay and ropes left inside...

how big is it - length and width and height, does anyone know? they say 'massive' structure - surely they can image it somehow with technology and build a 3D picture of it or something??

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

i believe, according to the story, that the mountain was flooded. not much point building a house on it then, is it?

when the waters receded, the ark got stuck on it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Well, sirnex, have you read all the stories?

Indeed I have. I've researched various religions for a long time now.

They are all pretty similar in my eyes, the problem is, we don't know the exact time frame of each individual story. So, you are right. But, to me, all the stories just prove that there was a historically massive flood.

They are not similar at all and the form the story takes is culturally and religiously dependent on what region the story is told. Look at Native Americans, those who live near waters that regularly flood, have flood stories, those who don't, don't have flood stories. Your grasping at straws here.

Then again, we don't even know the correct time frame of each culture just because we base our time on a calendar invented around 2000 years ago?
Julian Calendar

Which is a modification of an earlier invented calendar, which is also a modification of an earlier invented calendar, etc. and so on. Your point is what?

So who's to say what culture is right or wrong?

Ah, screw history and claim the the religious culture that's only a few thousand years old is more correct than older religions and cultures? It's not Noah's Ark, as that is a ripoff of Gilgamesh. So maybe it's the Ark of Gilgamesh and the Annunaki are really real and Nibiru is coming and OMFG WE'RE ALL DEAD! AAAARGH!!! o.0

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

pole shift theory would explain it - i.e. there was a poleshift and the whole earth was flooded in the process - which i believe is what some ppl say would happen - and then bits of land go down and bits go up - are pushed up and it all happens very quickly. then when the waters recede you get a different looking planet wiht different looking continents.

a new start...

pole shift.

einstein thought it was possible, so did charles hapgood.

would explain the flood myth..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

utnapishtim's ark or whatever he's called.

but the same story however.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Key wording here.
According to the story.

For all we know, this could be an elaborate [HOAX].

But, according to the story, they found Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat.

Then again, there are stories from WWII about pilots seeing the ark from the cockpit.
And why would the Turkish gov't hide something that wasn't important for so long?
If there was no Ark, or historical vessel on the Mount...Why did they gate off the Mountain?

This was in 1970 though, and I forget when it was lifted.
Ban on Ararat

Again in 2005, 2003, and 2002 the gov't denied access.
Noah's Ark Search

2005 July
No research organizations allowed permission on Mount Ararat in 2005. Both ArcImaging and ARP received denial notices.

2004 April
National Geographic article about search for Noah's Ark.

June 2002 & June 2003
ArcImaging received a call from the Turkish Embassy on June 4th stating that all permission for all foreigners to Mount Ararat was being denied for the year of 2002. The reason for denial was security in the Military Zone, which encompasses both Greater & Lesser Mount Ararat and extends to the Turkish border with Iran.

Wonder why they have access now?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I think you like to argue with me!

A few name changes here and there and you have a similar story.

Hey, I'm not saying that anyone is right or wrong, my friend.

I am clearly stating the OP is about Noah's Ark and the story is based on Ararat.

This is all based on belief. Yours or mine.
Just like the pyramids from all over the world are similar. NOT EXACT. Hmm...
So are these stories.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

What about type of wood and were it is from?
thanks

Edit-My bad,i see,will be interesting to see the outcome of those tests.hopefully they will conduct them soon.

Treat others how You wish to be treated~jesus christ

[edit on 27-4-2010 by YehudasTheEnabler]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

very plausible

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join