It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found! Noah's Ark - 4000m Up Mt Ararat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Well they obviously found something very old and interesting. Whether it's Ark? who knows? I just hope more comes to the surface.

Great find.
Ark or no Ark

Agreed!
I don't much believe they would have to search very far to find a boat that could house 2 of every animal on the face of the earth plus enough food and water to sustain them and the humans for 40 days, that would be something huge...Huge.....HUGE!!!
But old wood planks on a hillside would indicate a good archaelogical dig.
Can't wait to see what they unearth.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

many cultures, @ least ancient peoples who study astrology and even many respectable scientist of today know there was a great flood that consumed the earth at one point in time. there are even Many believe this is where life came out of, the ocean, (Evolution, babylonian religion, and im sure various other religions/cults/beliefs) even native american tribes and the mayans civilization all knew there was a point where most of the world was covered in water. But through the Biblical aspect, this flood was not the beggining of life, but the continuation and renewal of it through noah and his sons and their wives. And the sons and daughters of the sons and daughters of noah and his sons and their wives, began to come up witht heir own conclusions to where they came from, rejected god, and made themselves to be gods. Example, Nimrod of the Babylon and the tower of Babel.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by clock1

Yup.

Black Sea deluge theory

Flood hypothesis

Black Sea today (light blue) and in 5600 BC (dark blue) according to Ryan and Pitman's hypothesis.In 1997, William Ryan and Walter Pitman published evidence that a massive flooding of the Black Sea occurred about 5600 BC through the Bosporus, following this scenario.[3] Before that date, glacial meltwater had turned the Black and Caspian Seas into vast freshwater lakes which were draining into the Aegean Sea. As glaciers retreated, some of the rivers emptying into the Black Sea declined in volume and changed course to drain into the North Sea.[4] The levels of the lakes dropped through evaporation, while changes in worldwide hydrology caused sea level to rise. The rising Mediterranean finally spilled over a rocky sill at the Bosporus. The event flooded 155,000 km2 (60,000 sq mi) of land and significantly expanded the Black Sea shoreline to the north and west. According to the researchers, "Ten cubic miles [42 km3] of water poured through each day, two hundred times what flows over Niagara Falls ... The Bosporus flume roared and surged at full spate for at least three hundred days."

Samplings of sediments in the Black Sea by a series of expeditions carried out between 1998 to 2005 confirmed the conclusion of Pitman and Ryan.[5] These results were also completed by the Noah project led by the Bulgarian Institute of Oceanography (IO-BAS).[6][page needed] Furthermore, calculations made by Mark Siddall predicted an underwater canyon that was actually found.[7]

Right place, (apparently) right time, so this is interesting. Although, this is more in line with the 'Local Flood' interpretation of Scripture (e.g., Old-Earther Hugh Ross') and not the young-earthers' global one that most Sunday-schoolers are familiar with and, of course, all it's problems currently being discussed here (all those animals, where did the water come from/go to, fossil record(s), etc., etc.) which become moot with the Local Flood hypothesis/interpretation.

Either way, nice find, OP.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I would imagine if the ark existed it would have disintegrated by now, wouldn't it?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I hope this doesn't evolve into a Shroud-of-Turin-debate-like debate, if you know what I mean.

Either way, great post. I recommend this read as well:
cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

Remember that carbon dating tests today are more accurate than ever, so I beg you not to bring up an absurd argument such as "Oh no, 4800? The tests are wrong because blah blah blah..."

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

great glaciers in the north pole and south pole may have melted to cause the great flood. And nowadays, we are melting the caps again to create another great flood. but the problem is man is cause this thinking to be god and that they can control the weather. God said he would never cause the world to flood ever again, but blasphemous men who think of themselves as gods think they can do it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The ark is not a boat nor is it singular.

Here is what you are looking for.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8d451ae57e0.jpg[/atsimg]

A diagram with the instructions to build it.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca720ecb1fed.jpg[/atsimg]

The pyramids are the 7th wonder of the world for a reason.

Peace

If you read the story in Hebrew...it will make a lot more sense.

Also, it was never wood. The wood they talk about wasn't inserted until after the 17th century, before that it wasn't even translated.

G and K look almost identical in hebrew. The scribe messed up on a letter changing the word from Kopher (STONE) to an unknown word Gopher used only one time in the bible and non existent in both geological record and historical record.

God said build a pyramid not a boat.

Peace

[edit on 27-4-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Originally posted by adriantba
Um, how did Noah keep enough food for our 10 million species ?

Also, was it big enough to hold all the whales, sharks, and elephants ?
Was it climate controlled to allow them all to survive ?
How did he traverse the world collecting them all ?

After the flood was over did he drop them all in one location, or traverse the world to drop them off individually ?

How did he catch that really fast cheetah that can run up to 120 km/h or 75 mph?

I'm just curious, that's all, must be one hell of an ark.

1. Noah brought 2 of every "kind" not species. For example 2 wolves can account for the hundreds of dog species that exist today. There is no point in bringing every sepecies. With 2 muts you could essentially breed out most of the species in existance today within 10 generations ............

6. Again, animals came to Noah, but cheetahs are the result of centuries of natural selection/speciation. They did not exist back then (hence no fossils)

I thought this site was about denying ignorance? You seem to be as unbiased as the 'Evangelical archaeologists', who discovered this 'ark'

1. There is only one species of dog.

6. Cheetahs have evolved over millions of years, not thousands. Scientists know this because they have studied fossils, the ones that you say don't exist.

Two of every kind is still a huge number of creatures to be crammed on to a boat. I think that the flood tales (including the older sumerian and gilgamesh tales) could have a basis in truth but something tells me the stories are not literally, word for word true accounts. Maybe it's just common sense and the evidence that has swayed me to think this way?!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KilluminatisRex

I don't doubt for one minute that there was a great flood, there are too many accounts of it from all over the world for there to be no substance in it.

Was there lots of local floods or one cataclysmic event that affected most of the world?
I don't know.

But what I do know is that even if it was the event that resulted in the formation of The Black and Caspian Seas then there still wouldn't have been enough water present to raise a boat to 4000metres above sea level.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by saabster5

Yeah, that was something I couldn't quite get my head around.

I googled it and all I could find is articles talking about mm, cm and metre rises in the sea levels.
And that is if all the glaciers, ice caps, permafrost etc continues melting at alarming rates.

The amount of water required to raise a boat to 4000metres above sea level is immense and would possibly require the whole polar ice caps to melt.
This would take centuries to occur.

The Bible says it rained as well and that the whole flood etc occurred over 40 days.

How much water would be required, in this short period to lift a boat up 4000metres, even if it were just a local flood.

Levels remained the same for 110 days then it took 73 days for levels to reduce.

All this water disappeared in just over two months.

Ok, keep in mind i'm no scientificologist. but, just say a volcano spewed at what was then a pole or just a plate shift allowed magma to flow into the glaciers.
That would cause alot of meltage and alot of steam for clouds, therefore makin rain enough for 40 days.
And as for where it went? i think gravity would put it back at the poles / or new poles, causing new glacier caps.
I'm not on board with any of the religions tales of floods and god tellin peeps to make boats. but a flooded earth i can totally see happening.
Again i may have flawed thinkin but i'm no genius.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

Two of every kind is still a huge number of creatures to be crammed on to a boat.

Even worse: Genesis 7: 2-3 - 2Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

3Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

(emphasis mine)Seven is even huger

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

No you're wrong. It was not two of every kind. It was 7 pairs of clean animals and 2 of unclean. The list of clean and unclean can be found in leviticus. It totals about 400 animals in all. Not only that there was more then one arc. Think ARCH not ARK.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If they just stopped with stupid crap like Noah's ark I would probably not laugh at them half as much.

Anyone that believes some old dude built a boat big enough for 2 every animal on earth, then "god" flooded the earth, and then hid all evidence of a global flood ... should be on medication.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by nophun]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You are dead on. The earth grows as is evident with the aging of the sea floor. The newest parts of the earth are all under water to cool the newly forming crust. The earth used to be much smaller about a third the size it is now and all of that water was frozen inside of it.

Here is a record in MYA of the ages of the sea floors. Follow the ages and you will see how the earth has grown.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae526a7a4b13.gif[/atsimg]

The pyramids of Giza which are the "ARK" shows the earth in its subsequent sizes starting from the smallest age up until now...the fifth age. The sphinx guards this age and is the KRST representitive...that is Christ, Kronus...Saturn, the Haloed one.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun
If they just stopped with stupid crap like Noah's ark I would probably not laugh at them half as much.

Anyone that believes some old dude built a boat big enough for 2 every animal on earth, then "god" flooded the earth, and then hid all evidence of a global flood ... should be on medication.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by nophun]

Noah is not a guy, no more then the NWO is a guy.

Peace

[edit on 27-4-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's rather strange that these Chinese "evangelists" can get access to a national treasure like Noah's Ark is to the Nation of Turkey, and no one else in the world is not.

Chinese Evangelists? Christians, in China? and then again... you have to be religious to get access to dig around in Turkey's Treasure Box?

um... then again, how many years of scientific method did these "Evangelists" train for regards Archeological Proceedure... to preserve the integrity of said Turkish National Treasure?

I posted an article on this very topic not too long ago... pertaining to another part of the ship known as Noah's Ark... the portion that was broken off and was removed from it's original resting place upon MT. Ararat by lava flow.

you can read about that post here:

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

In this article, which shows undeniable proof that the structure is indeed the Ark, the scientist who REDISCOVERED the location was not allowed by the Turkish government to dig.

These Chinese "Evangelists are?

I really don't think I'm convinced of this story...

[edit to Add]

Well I've looked at thier site and guess what.... THIS POST - THAT ADVERTISES THIER LIES - IS A HOAX...

i don't think i'll be buying the dvd that they're selling - about thier supposed archeological "discovery" (which i'll wholeheartedly guarantee you is a stage act) because it's not a discovery at all, but a group of con artists trying to sell you their hype on dvd...

If you want to discuss Noah's Ark - the REAL Noah's Ark - do so here:

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

Good Day !!.. =)

[edit on 27-4-2010 by DarkspARCS]

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Tue Apr 27 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5
The difficult thing for me to wrap my tiny insignificant brain around is where did the water go? 4000m of water above today's current sea levels to place this "Ark" on a mountain has to go somewhere? I believe if an "Ark" did exist we would find it close or around today's current sea levels. 4000m of water on a localized level is unfathomable. 4000m on a regional level is beyond unfathomable. That much water would have to come from somewhere. Ice Age couldn't account for that much water. 4000m of water just doesn't evaporate overnight, let alone 4800 years. The water that is here on earth today has taken millions of years to develop. I guess after the great flood, God asked Mel Brooks for his Mega-Maid and sucked up all the excess water.

You;ve obviously suffered from pardigmical indoctrination.

Try thinking outside the box.

How about this??? If pangea existed, what happens with all of the land under the oceans?

Could it be that this land formed and caused teh break up of the continents? and as it formed, it increased the size of the earth. Maybe the earth is a living growing entity. look at the extremely large sizes of the dinosaurs. Dinosaurs could not have lived on earth with current gravitic conditions. too many reasons to get into a debate as to why right now.

If the earth was smaller in the past, then there would be more than enough water to cover the earth.

Where did it go though. That's a good question, there are many possible eplanations. I'm at work right now and can't take the time to truly delve into them though.

TTYL

Jaden

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

Mountains dont rise 4000m in 4000 years...

maybe in 400 million years?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Nice to find the remains of an old ship...however...

1) If they don't find the ship, the story can't proven true.
2) If they find the ship, the story can be proven wrong. No matter what ship they find, it'll never be large enough to hold "2 of all kind". Ergo, the story is hogwash.

Nothing against archeology though, it is a nice find, and it'll tell us a lot about how people during those times traveled...and how far they were able to travel.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
the one found prior was stone or as some say petrified wood. They just had a debate documentary on where they said wood cant petrify that fast others said it can from volcanic ash. These pictures show wood and chambers which I am so pleased. I have read countless records dating back to the talmud of what they seen up there including an Altar noah made at the base of the mount. Which said alot.

Read these countless sightings of time's past. very interesting:

www.nwcreation.net...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join