It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found! Noah's Ark - 4000m Up Mt Ararat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by adriantba
Um, how did Noah keep enough food for our 10 million species ?

Also, was it big enough to hold all the whales, sharks, and elephants ?
Was it climate controlled to allow them all to survive ?
How did he traverse the world collecting them all ?

After the flood was over did he drop them all in one location, or traverse the world to drop them off individually ?

How did he catch that really fast cheetah that can run up to 120 km/h or 75 mph?

I'm just curious, that's all, must be one hell of an ark.

1. Noah brought 2 of every "kind" not species. For example 2 wolves can account for the hundreds of dog species that exist today. There is no point in bringing every sepecies. With 2 muts you could essentially breed out most of the species in existance today within 10 generations

2. Noah was instructed to brind land animal kinds that breathe through the nostrils. That eliminates all marine creatures and insects which could survive on their own.

3. The earth itself was climate controlled, that is why tropical plant fossils and dino remains are found in the antarctic. The whole planet was tropical

4. Animals came to him

5. Everything left from Arrarat, and moved to their respective locations. Ocean levels were lower during the ice age (which occured right after the flood) therefore you could walk from Asia to Australia.

6. Again, animals came to Noah, but cheetahs are the result of centuries of natural selection/speciation. They did not exist back then (hence no fossils)

7. Ark was big enough to hold 500 railroad box cars. It's purpose was not to provide luxurious travel conditions but to simply be a cargo vessel to preserve life from the flood.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So you're telling me he not only had to collect 1 .. but 2 of those sloths.
How did he get them out of the trees ? .. they move so slow.

Originally posted by kingofmd
1. Noah brought 2 of every "kind" not species.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Maybe if they look hard enough on the wooden planks they might find "Noah Was Here" carved into them. That would help solve who built it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I would just like the bible burners and the bible thumpers to consider that the flood story is also recorded in the ancient Sumerian fragments of tablets. Kinda getting sick of the non religious always getting stuck in the perimeters of religion. If you want to debate religion then head to the proper forum, but at least stick to the merits of the claim. Looks like they found something that is constructed of wood and it seems pretty old...and it happens to be on a mountain. Let em dig it out and see what it is and once that is determined you can start arguing about it's purpose. Right now it is just a wood structure in the ground.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You gotta have faith.

animals where only aboard 40days and nights so breeding is no probs,
i think he had 100years to build the ark and he gathered animals with sons

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You gotta have faith.

why so many hate god,the threads about a discovery on Ararat, any way he created us to not have to toil or work but to live in bliss,the serpent screwed it up with eve,
we in the begining, being designed to be above the angels,
we would of lived in paradise except for the serpent read Enoch.
Our every whim catered to ,,,no grafting to eat,nothing but do want we wanted think of how far we would of come with science ,and stuff art ,the angels would of provided nature to would of done as ordered ,all but a few stars did as they was told but a few came late and the earth wobbles creating seasons so we die,because some planets disobeyed god

[edit on 4/27/2010 by dashar]

[edit on 4/27/2010 by dashar]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by adriantba

Genesis 6:20

Of the birds after their kind, of animals after their kind, and of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind, two of every kind will come to you to keep them alive.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The difficult thing for me to wrap my tiny insignificant brain around is where did the water go? 4000m of water above today's current sea levels to place this "Ark" on a mountain has to go somewhere? I believe if an "Ark" did exist we would find it close or around today's current sea levels. 4000m of water on a localized level is unfathomable. 4000m on a regional level is beyond unfathomable. That much water would have to come from somewhere. Ice Age couldn't account for that much water. 4000m of water just doesn't evaporate overnight, let alone 4800 years. The water that is here on earth today has taken millions of years to develop. I guess after the great flood, God asked Mel Brooks for his Mega-Maid and sucked up all the excess water.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashar
You gotta have faith.

The account said that it rained for 40 days & 40 nights. Then 5 months after the deluge began the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat. Finally after 1 year and ten days after the flood began, the door was opened and Noah and the animals left the Ark.

With regard to breeding, Noah could have kept the males & females apart so that no breeding could occur...but that is just speculation.

Believers don't need physical proof, and non-believes will never accept physical proof. LOL

This discovery could end up being like the rest of the claims. Some will see wooden timbers and conclude that they were planks for the ark, some will see timbers and conclude it was simply a structure.

The real mystery is how it got to such a high elevation.

[edit on 4/27/2010 by Sparky63]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

Yeah, that was something I couldn't quite get my head around.

I googled it and all I could find is articles talking about mm, cm and metre rises in the sea levels.
And that is if all the glaciers, ice caps, permafrost etc continues melting at alarming rates.

The amount of water required to raise a boat to 4000metres above sea level is immense and would possibly require the whole polar ice caps to melt.
This would take centuries to occur.

The Bible says it rained as well and that the whole flood etc occurred over 40 days.

How much water would be required, in this short period to lift a boat up 4000metres, even if it were just a local flood.

Levels remained the same for 110 days then it took 73 days for levels to reduce.

All this water disappeared in just over two months.

Literally, where on earth did it go?

It couldn't have frozen so quickly, physical impossibility.

So, I just can't help but think there is something wrong here.

Either that just isn't Noah's Ark or there's something seriously wrong with the Biblical account!

Personally I suspect there is something amiss with the Biblical version of events and that if, and it's a big if, the structure is proven to be a wooden boat then the only possible explanation is that someone / thing sailed the oceans in wooden boats millions of years ago.

Now where are those ancient civilisation and astronaut threads at????

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Pre flood world was mostly land (it took a lot of fossils/forrests to create all the oil/coal/natural gas, therefore there would have had to have been much more land). The majority of the water came from the "fountains of the deep". You will notice when reading the account that it stopped raining, and yet the waters were still rising. The rain contributed little to nothing of the flood waters. Water receded off the land to the ocean basins, and a lot of it froze on the poles. Where did all the water go? The earth is 80% water, its still here.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by kingofmd]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

This is pure speculation on my part, but if the ocean basins sank and deep trenches like the Mariana Trench opened up it would have provided a place for all the water to drain. It's interesting that plate tectonics allows for rising and falling of the continental plates although on a much slower geographic scale.

If God could cause the flood could he also drastically change the levels of the land masses & ocean floor, in a very short period of time?

When we look for natural causes and explanations for a supernatural event we are left with nothing but questions.

I am not saying that we should not ask questions, I am just saying that we should not expect to find the answers.

[edit on 4/27/2010 by Sparky63]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

It couldn't have done so in the timeline laid out in The Bible.

There is no other evidence to suggest that there was that much sub-terraneous water and that probably contradicts fossil evidence of widespread crustaceons and other sea going aqautic life forms.

The only logical explanation I can think of, I must admit there many sharper minds than mine thinking about this who maybe able to think of something else, is that the boat / structure was present at site when The Ararat mountains were at sea level or below and was preserved over the millenia as the region was raised due to the constant tectonic activity of the earths crust.

Don't get me wrong, someone may quite possible prove that theory wrong and I would be the first one to admit I was wroong if someone does using sound, scientific theory.

But for some other's blind faith is enough for them to believe what they do, and I respect their opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I admit that that is a possibility but as of yet not witnessing or being convinced of the possiblity of God invoked acts of the supernatural I try to formulate an opinion based on the facts available rather taking a leap of faith.

I recognise that this can sometimes limit my ability to understand theories etc but I do respect other opinions as long as they are reasoned and considered.

Edit to add.

And as for asking questions but not expecting answers, too true.

[edit on 27/4/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is very intresting, this is the third or fourth "ark" that has been found.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashar
You gotta have faith.

Excuse me sir, but can you tell me where you got that sig from?
I read that many years ago in some old book about early churches while on a fishing boat at sea.
I have been looking for the source of that quote for years now.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
After all those years of Turkey's ban on research of mt Ararat they finally got up there and found something made of wood that looks like a big ship. Whatever it is it will be called Noah's Ark simply because it is there. How many discovery's like this that had something with bible did you see in your lifetime. None. So who cares if didn't contain every animal (sloths, lemurs, pit bulls) except some that people can eat and survive.
Where did all that water go?
Where did all water, that formed Black sea in a catastrophic event, come from. Black sea is not far away and nobody mentions that event that is for sure linked with great flood.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
this is old news, the Arc of noah, which measures to the same size of the old testament description in genesis 6:14 through 6:16. read on for even more detail! the arc has been discovered and covered up by or completely avoided by governments and major media for decades if not centurys.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

Originally posted by adriantba

2. Noah was instructed to brind land animal kinds that breathe through the nostrils. That eliminates all marine creatures and insects which could survive on their own.

what about when the rivers flood and fresh water fish mixed with saltwater fish..

[edit on 27-4-2010 by StealthKix]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I doubt the wood is from the real Ark. According to Sheldan Nidle's sources Noah's flood occured about 10,000 yrs. ago. More people than Noah survived around the planet. The real Ark has fallen down into the glacier on top of Ararat from what I've read. Just my 2 cents.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join