It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Actually I have seen a couple of other sites doing the same.

The thumb tack is a bit harsh don't you think?

You are famous now!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Proto "You did it! You did it! You said that you would do it,
And indeed you did."

A line from My Fair Lady

Thank you my friend.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Proto "You did it! You did it! You said that you would do it,
And indeed you did."

A line from My Fair Lady

Thank you my friend.

Thank you my friend, though we all have played a wonderful part in making the thread such a success.

You and everyone else has contributed in ways that have made this happen, and I am eternally grateful to you and everyone else involved.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HothSnake

Dear Hothsnake, I will ask Wide-eyes if he has a spare pair of eyeglasses you could have. He knows what tried is all about!

Just look at his last post from here, lol

#posted on 7-5-2010 @ 10:15 AM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

I am starting to think:

ALL ROADS LEAD TO HELL!

Maybe I should take a break

Now that’s tired, huh!

This thread is not for the weak, or the strong in some cases.

edit to add: I recommend the three days of feasting and games, oh and a big pillow soon after.

edit AGAIN to add: I think I'm the one who needs to take my own advice as my eyes and brain seem to cramp up when I try to keep up ]

Happy feasting everyone!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by sweetliberty

[edit on 25-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I could care less about that my friend. I believe that during the course of this discussion on Rome and its influence on our present day comings and goings, I have learned a few things. I know we have been quoting Marcus and rightly so, but do let me share a few words of wisdom from a very talented writer. At the very start of thread, after reading your opening posts I would have to say that this best describes the stance I had taken.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before...Edgar Allan Poe

I soon took hold of myself and realized that there were other forces at work here.

All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry...Edgar Allan Poe

Yes it was a startling revelation and one that had to be considered. I looked boldly at the system that had encapsulated our existence.

Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger portion of the truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant...Edgar Allan Poe

So I questioned the motivations of the powers that be and was horrified to see a well thought out plan that enslaved every soul toward its own greedy purposes. To keep myself in check, I had to be sure.

To vilify a great man is the readiest way in which a little man can himself attain greatness...Edgar Allan Poe

Was this my motivation? Could it be that I would set myself above those who have achieved great status so as to make myself appear great? The harder I looked, the more I understood that this was not the case. The conspiracy was real.

So I had determined to find a way to unseat the plan as it were, but where would I begin? How might I achieve the impossible? They played upon our emotions and were masters of the human nature. They were reading our very thoughts it seemed and achieved their goals with a ruthlessness that could be compared to the devil himself!

The hope was in making people aware I perceived. So I participated in the discussion and strained to understand this enemy. I had to become one of them actually to attain that understanding. I had to know them from the inside out. So I watched people. I watched them closely.

As I endeavored, during the brief minute of my original survey, to form some analysis of the meaning conveyed, there arose confusedly and paradoxically within my mind, the ideas of vast mental power, of caution, of penuriousness, of avarice, of coolness, of malice, of blood-thirstiness, of triumph, of merriment, of excessive terror, of intense-of supreme despair. I felt singularly aroused, startled, fascinated. "How wild a history," I said to myself, "is written within that bosom!" Then came a craving desire to keep the man in view-to know more of him.

I awoke today with a sense of displacement. I did not belong here really, it seemed. Nothing was as it seemed before and I, knowingly or unknowingly, did not remember the world as it was the day before. As I walked from the bedroom and through the living room my ears were filled with news reports of the day. Oil spills, wars, economic disasters and world wide catastrophe.

I stopped and looked at the television quizzically, then smiled. Oh yeah that's right, I have some work to do.

www.brainyquote.com...

classiclit.about.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Great post jackflap, you have an excellent way of putting things into perspective for all of us.

Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Jaques:
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages.

William Shakespeare

Per-son: Etymology: Middle English from Anglo-French persone, from Latin persona actor’s mask, character in a play, person, probably from Etruscan phersu mask, from Greek prosδpa, plural of prosδpon face, mask.

So as we can see the immortal bard was not far off in likening the world to a great play, and you Jackflap were not far off in that we all must assume several roles throughout our lives, with the great bard reckoning 7.

Of course there is a large and well sourced school of thought that William Shakespeare was non other than Sir Francis Bacon the Masonic and Rosicrucian father of the United States of America and the New Atlantis Concepts that may in fact have made there way to him via Rome having originated in Troy so long ago in the aftermath of the great flood.

Yet the truth is that we are all actors in our own right as we think of the right words and attitudes and comportment to match the circumstances and people we come in contact with throughout our daily lives. Most do tend to guard very carefully the ‘real me’ and their secret fears, hopes and dreams for fear they will be misunderstood or rejected by their peers.

Until you walk a mile in another man's moccasins you can't imagine the smell.
Robert Byrne

Yet the truth is we all have our crosses to bear, the cross being as symbolic as it is metaphorical as we are all truly crossing from this world to the next and inextricably so.

While some of us will in fact be indomitable and indefatigable in nature, some of us shall be submissive to ever which way the wind blows, while most will be somewhere in between, depending on cause and circumstance.

Yet each one of us plays a part, and not any one of us is all that different from the next. Certainly not to the extent that we have taken to killing and murdering one another in such casual ways, yet here we are cast into these often debilitating and defeating roles, acting out what either others expect us to, or we task ourselves too, and invariably alternating between those two, of trying to please our individual audiences and trying to please ourselves.

This touches once more upon points I made scores of pages ago, about how in many way our religious texts, the Bible, the Talmud, the Torah the Quran and our historical texts to a certain extent too, cast us by way of a great story being used as a backdrop and a loosely running script to be actors one and all in a production that never strays to far away from those books.

We see it all the time, God wants, and God says, and the Constitution says, and the Bible says, and Jesus says, and Mohamed says, and Confucius says, and when we aren’t dealing with that we must contend with Mother says, Father says, Teacher says, the Police Officer says, my Wife says, my Husband says, and just when we are certain it can’t get any more tedious, aggravating or confusing then we end up having to deal with what Proto says!

Or Jackflap, or Acquarius1 or Sweet Liberty, or Serbsa, or HothSnake and on and on.

Each of us Actors but each of us Directors too in both small and great ways.

It is all though just a story, living theatre, in surround sound, each of us coming in the world the same way, naked and crying, and going out the same way, dead and lifeless as a doornail, in reality we are all the same, just cast into different roles for the sake of a play, of a story, that no one quite wants to close the book on and start a better or different one anew.

For all the adversities, and manipulations and deceptions and conspiracies, life though does remain very much what you make it, and I suspect we will never adopt a kinder, gentler, nobler script to act out our time here, until one and all truly understand and accept the responsibility for the unique role(s) that they play in this seemingly unending drama.

Here's to the next 2500 years!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I do apologize, when I started reading the site in question there was no need to go any further because I had already read it on ats. Anyways as it has been pointed out at the end it gives you credit!

Thus, I recant my statement, and I only have one request...with your talent I would have loved to see a web page dedicated to this topic!
Anyways, keep up the good work, and that sucks people are stealing your work!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I come back to this thread with but half a thought that might be worth adding and then I read what Jack and Proto have put up and here I be, "naked and crying".

Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow: Why, anybody can have a brain. That's a very mediocre commodity. Every pusillanimous creature that crawls on the Earth or slinks through slimy seas has a brain. Back where I come from, we have universities, seats of great learning, where men go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts and with no more brains than you have. But they have one thing you haven't got: a diploma.

Doh!!! I knew I forgot something!

Dorothy to the Scarecrow: I think I'll miss you most of all.

At least the brainless guys get the chicks.

Great posts fellas. As harsh and depressing as this subject is to contemplate, my heart is buoyed by reading all of the informative and heartfelt posts. Congratulations on winning the "Bronze" Proto.
The thread is worthy of "Gold". As Dorothy said: "There's no place like Rome...."

Wizard of Oz: Back where I come from there are men who do nothing all day but good deeds.
They are called phila... er, phila... er, yes, er, Good Deed Doers.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yet it’s important to understand as far as the myths go that Trojans did not establish the city of Rome as a colony but rather the descendants of one solitary Trojan did.

No, the city of Rome was formed in Etruscan lands and the earliest Roman Kingdom was ruled by Etruscan kings. Your sources say that Rome is the legacy of Troy, where is the evidence? There is none. You sound like a logical and grounded individual, why ignore the evidence (linguistic, archeological, etc.) which clearly points to the Etruscan connection and just choose to follow along some fairy tale?

Before the consuls, before the emperors, before Rome ever reached its zenith at the height of the world, it was a small town ruled by the Etruscan kings. Seven kings of Rome took the throne until the Republic was formed.

The first king of Rome was Romulus, the founder who killed his brother Remus. Ruling from 753 to 716 BC, his rule tainted by the incident with the Sabine women. As Rome's population growth was stagnating, there weren't enough women. So, Romulus invited the entire Sabine population to the festival of Consulia. During the festival, the Roman men abducted the women.

In most monarchies, the eldest son of the king inherits the throne. However, the successors of Roman kings were their sisters sons. The second king, Numa Pompilius ruled from 715 to 674 BC. Son to Pomponius, Numa himself was born on the day of the founding of Rome.

Rome was founded by Etruscan nobles (Ruma in Etruscan). The name of the mythical founder of the city of Rome, Romulus, is connected with the family name Rumelna found in Volsinii (close to Orvieto, look at map) and with the Etruscan forename Rumele.

Many Roman words such as populus was derived from Etruscan puple, there are many more examples which can be provided.

Here is a map of the Etruscan area of influence:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/270c1652731a.jpg[/atsimg]

Rome was created by Etruscans and has NO links with Troy.

You say that the ONLY link between Troy and Rome supposedly being a legacy of it, is with the God Apollo. This baffles and surprises me.

It's important to note that Apollo was purely a Greek god, he had no Roman counterpart, the only worship of Apollo was derived from the Hellenic model. Apollo was worshiped on a larger scale though, and not only in Rome and Greece. You say the secret societies hold the secrets of Rome and have some form of Apollo worship, etc. Firstly, there is no proof of this and directly contradicts the evidence I've provided above. Second, why tie Apollo so close to Rome? If anything Apollo should be tied to Greece and the Delphic tradition and not Rome.

The whole fable about Aeneas coming from Troy to found Rome is just that, a fable. It was encompassed in the Aeneid written by the poet Virgil in the 1st century. It was a poem, not a historical account.

Again, there is no Trojan link to the founding of Rome. Scholars and experts in the field have consensus with the Etruscan foundation of Rome and the evidence can be viewed by anyone, the links are quite clear. So no Proto, again I believe you are wrong with this respect and I think if you examine the evidence by following the (very) brief information I have presented in this post and the one prior, you will reach the same conclusion.

Rome & Troy = No No.

This whole Roman global plan gets weaker when you actually research each aspect, no disrespects to you and your effort of course. I think using the argument that the modern world has been influenced by Roman social structures therefore meaning Rome is still running the world is a VERY weak argument...

We took democracy and education from Greece, we took military tactics from God knows how many armies, etc, etc. It is simply the nature of human progression. How would this world be if as soon as one generation invented something which would benefit humanity, the next generation ignores it?

In summary I believe your source is either totally uneducated on the issue, or simply refuses to see the facts.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Woah woah guys... guys, calm down with all the luvvy duvvy stuff, its not as if some grand global conspiracy has been totally uncovered. I'm all for praising the OP, he did a fantastic job and he should be commended, BUT, we as contributors are still in the process of exploring and if necessary, exposing all avenues and elements of the OP. Read my post above, there is a major flaw in all of this and it starts right at the foundation. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things in the OP that do add up and should be investigated further, but a LOT of things (like the supposed Trojan origin) do not add up and when you begin to research deeper, you may find (which I did) more solid evidence which directly contradicts the OP.

Just saying to no get ahead of ourselves, this thread is a process, not a revelation, I think its important to keep that in mind.

Keep it up.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Once again though, can we rely on traditional sources of history? Yes the more you research traditional sources of history, the more traditional history you will know!

I have seen events that have happened in my life time grossly distorted in the history books for the sake of politics.

There is one difference though in there are a lot more varied and independent sources of recent history than there are of ancient history.

However if you want to see exactly how this process works for yourself go to the New York Times Archives. They date back to the 1880's and almost all of them are free.

Start reading about World War I in 1914 when it was just a European War.

Follow a long and keep reading straight through 1919 and the intriques of the Treaty of Versailles.

It's a lot of reading.

Then compare what you have learned from the actual accounts as they happened when they were published as fresh news with the actual official history books.

When you do you will see two disturbingly different accounts that don't reconcile at all with one another.

What happened as real time events unfolded in a war where first we had no real side, with a slight favoritism towards Germany, to a complete shift of sides to choosing sides brought on by various European entities, to a war time propoganda effort, once in the war, back to close to the naked truth when presented with a treaty that was more or less meant to bankrupt the United States and Germany and the reactions in Congress and the populace to the European duplicity.

These are all photstats of the original newspapers, not rewritten or reedited accounts.

Then comapare them honestly with official versions of World War I, and the white washing and political bent taken to justify subsequent portions of history become glaringly aparent.

Now go back 240 years to find surviving contemporary accounts of the Revolutionary War and you are going to be hard pressed to find any at all.

You will find select snippets of 'history' to support the myths that have been preserved to support the myths.

As you go back further and further in time from there, the fewer and fewer sources you are going to find, when there were no printing presses, and most people could not read or write, and most of what was allowed to be written and shared, had to be approved by the Vatican or a monarchy beholden to the vatican.

Eventually as you go further back entire critical portions of world history are only supported by one account.

Classic example when you look at the Maya and 2012, it is nothing but speculation, because in reality there really are no surviving accounts.

Then consider Judean/Roman/Christian/Greco history where often there is just one surviving account of pivotal and world changing events.

Now understand you are really taking just one person's word for what happened.

Then once again when you look at archeology how much of it is funded by the Vatican or Governments that are beholden to it, and how often is the aim of it, to support the one surviving account? Keeping in mind that it is a highly interpretive science, largely conducted by people who are looking to find things to substantiate and not disprove one surviving account.

As far as your contention that myths and legends can not influence and heavily influence a society, you are missing wholesale the nature of our world. To say the Christian world is not influenced by myths of Christ and mightily so, would be just as redundant as saying that the Germanic world was not influenced by Odin and Thor and the Eddas.

What really happened or didn't becomes irrelevant once people are convinced something did happen and is relevant, and when you control the sources of information and its desimination to the masses it is very easy to convince them of just about anything.

I applaude your determination to read traditional history, but when you consider the sources of it, and then look around at the world today are you well served believing those traditional sources.

I live in the United States a land rich in resources and people, yet our government is at least 14,000,000,000,000.00 in debt despite having plenty of resources to actually be turning a profit. We have been in bankruptcy since shortly after World War I, and accounts of that Bankruptcy and how it is being administered are almost impossible to find in the information age.

How do you explain that other than censorship.

Can you deny censorship exists?

If censors can totally alter recent history, say like the Islamic Revolution in Iran of the late 70's, and succesfully portray it politicized ways that ommit a huge portion of what happened, and get the people who were alive at the time and saw it happen as it happened to then believe something that their eyes didn't see and didn't happen, wouldn't you say that it would be much easier then to misconstrue and misrepresent what happened 2,500 years ago.

In reality one need look no further than the UN Logo to see the Laurel Leaves of Apollo and Rome wrapped around a globe.

[edit on 26/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Ahh Proto, that was a very cheap answer, I thought you would at least back up what you're saying with something concrete. Your post above directly contradicts the logical and reasoned persona you have presented yourself to be, you are literally denouncing all of history as one massive lie. History is one mans tale, but there are many men, something that you seem to be forgetting. I am well versed in the history of the world wars and I completely understand how you're trying to use it under the premise of a logical mirror reflection, but it fails in many respects. In essence, you're saying that no 'traditional' history can be trusted and instead we should rely on one ancient source of poetry? I won't lie... I was somewhat taken aback by your response. Answer me honestly though, have you examined any works which trace the connections between the Etruscan foundation of Rome? There are many 'ideologically untied' historians who have conducted their own research and reached similar conclusions. You then state that all the archaeological evidence has been fabricated and I repeat the utter frustrations of a member who previously posted in this thread in regards to this aspect, this is just pure ignorance.

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Now understand you are really taking just one person's word for what happened.

No, that is what you are doing with your 'source'. Understand that history is a game of many men... its easy to label one a liar, but a (at times) loosely connected consensus is not as easy to denounce.

As far as your contention that myths and legends can not influence and heavily influence a society, you are missing wholesale the nature of our world. To say the Christian world is not influenced by myths of Christ and mightily so, would be just as redundant as saying that the Germanic world was not influenced by Odin and Thor and the Eddas.

What? I don't know where you got this from, I never said this. Mythology has played a large role in influencing and becoming an abstract (mostly linguistic) element of modern day sciences and arts. So what? I own a small gold pendant that I wear on my necklace with the eye of Horus on it, does it mean I worship Horus? No, it means there is a perpetuating fascination with the mysticisms of the past, nothing more, nothing less.

Wholeheartedly disappointed with the response,
serbsta.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Once again you are missing the obvious, it is not how mythology just drives the modern world, but how it drove the world at the time it was part of an active belief system.

In reality all you are trying to do is debunk a grand conspiracy with the very sources of false information aimed at covering it up in the first place.

Of course you are going to arrive right back at the conclusion they wanted you to draw in the first place. Which is why they published false accounts in the first place.

No I don't think common sense is cheap, in fact I think it's rather rare and priceless, especially in this day and age.

In all reality this is a grand conspiracy and the one driving all world events and has been for a very long time, which is why so much effort is placed on obscuring it through false versions of history.

If I wanted to prove my wife was cheating on me, the place to find evidence of that would not be accounts from her girlfriends who in fact have been covering for her the whole time and determined for her sake to keep the truth from me.

Once again that's common sense, and the human propensity is often, when confronted with something disturbing to seek out sources of information that are best described as "Say it ain't so Joe, so it ain't so".

Joe tells you what you want to hear, and you take a deep sigh of relief and go right back to suffering from what you don't know, while you stumble through life sensing that something is amiss but never quite understanding what is or able to put your finger upon it, for when you do like a moth to a flame you realize then in that searing moment of reality, that it hurts and you retreat back to a safer yet darker place away from the white hot light of the truth.

Once again I have simply offered people great advice to investigate on their own how contemporary real time accounts of events are later distorted and omitted so you can in fact realize if you want to, that history is written as a tool to manipulate the masses and substantiate political controls, agendas and perspectives.

Ultimately you have to decide for yourself but I am here to tell you it pays to choose wisely, and that those who don't will invariably pay a price for that, for in this world what you don't know can hurt you.

Classic example would be the German Jews who spent the better part of years in deliberate denial in regards to how dire their circumstances had become and often were right up until their incarcertaions into the slave labor camps and ultimately their own deaths.

These are not cheap references these are entreaties to people to understand those who don't know history are condemned to repeat it, and one need not look far to find ample evidence that we keep repeating history over and over again in cycular ways, because we never learn real history and as such how to avoid the traps that cause us to repeat the same events over and over again.

Even the word Revolution means to revolve!

[edit on 26/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Wow... so anything that does not make sense with this 'grand conspiracy' has to be a forgery, all of history, no evidence to back up what you're saying other than to deflect it? I'm all good for debating but since you played the 'everything you say is a lie' card, I really can't compete.

Fair enough, to each his own. I'm done with this thread, thanks for your time.

Regards.

[edit on 26/5/2010 by serbsta]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Wow... so anything that does not make sense with this 'grand conspiracy' has to be a forgery, all of history, no evidence to back up what you're saying other than to deflect it?

Fair enough, to each his own. I'm done with this thread, thanks for your time.

Regards.

[edit on 26/5/2010 by serbsta]

To discount how powerful a motivational tool mythology and imagery is when it comes to manipulating and priming the masses is not wise.

Here we have Hitler featured from a World War II German Poster as a Teutonic Knight. Hitler’s Wagnerian concepts of traditional Germanic legends were key to his Master Race sales pitch meant on motivating the masses and rallying them to one bonding central theme to justify, quantify and legitimize the war effort in the minds of the masses.

Interestingly enough the spear Hitler is carrying is portrayed as the Spear of Longinus the Roman Centurion’s who is reputed to have stabbed Christ through the heart to end his suffering, and in that process, Christ’s blood turning the spear into one with magical Excalibur like powers.

So we see again how All Roads Lead to Rome.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/774a21da4a1e.jpg[/atsimg]

Does this stop with such nations as Nazi Germany? Of course not it’s a common practice.

Here we have good old Uncle Sam.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7ff02f0cf54.jpg[/atsimg]

A fictional character draped in an outfit most of us would not be caught dead in, rolling up his sleeves in fighting style, portrayed as aged and wizened, yet vibrant and vital, wrapped in the symbols of the flag, to provoke emotional sentiments to extol people to fight a battle where they are just as likely to end up being caught dead in it.

Like most mythical figures Uncle Sam is not and was not a real person. He is though an iconic figure, that revolves around worship to the state, and sacrifice to the state, for the sake of the state, by conjuring up all the imagery of the state and embodying it in a old wizened figure, always determined to fight and sacrifice for the state.

Prominently featured are the battle colors of Roman Legions in Uncle Sam’s outfit so once again we see All Roads Lead to Rome.

In reality we have seen in endless examples how Roman thinking and Roman tradition is woven into almost every fabric and aspect of our life, can so many coincidences in fact be coincidence?

It is clear populations are manipulated by myth, and myths of destiny, to create shared identities and perspectives especially in time of war.

It does not matter in fact if there is any actual real basis to the myth, as we see in Uncle Sam, it simply matters how well the myth can be sold and how it can be used through doing that in shaping shared identities and perspectives.

Can you in fact see the forest through the trees my friend?

Most people in fact can’t.

All I am saying to you in fact is do some real study of more recent history through contemporary accounts reported as they happened and then later versions of official history and look for the glaring discrepencies, and then to ask yourself honestly how accurate then is official history?

That is an attempt simply to empower you to understand that all that glitters is not necessarily gold my friend.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
ProtoplasmicTraveler brought back to ATS, its real goal, which is to exposed hidden historical secrets, that elites modified throwout centuries, to gain control over the populations.

His impressive wisdom makes him by far imo, the most respected here and could make some become jealous of his popularity....Proto, your patience and good temper is imperturbable and it makes you even more honorable and worthy of respect.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mick1423
ProtoplasmicTraveler brought back to ATS, its real goal, which is to exposed hidden historical secrets, that elites modified throwout centuries, to gain control over the populations.

His impressive wisdom makes him by far imo, the most respected here and could make some become jealous of his popularity....Proto, your patience and good temper is imperturbable and it makes you even more honorable and worthy of respect.

That’s very kind of you to say my friend. I can say in regards to ATS that in fact many of the members do have a real genuine interest and desire to delve more deeply into and understand the grand conspiracies. This thread and others I have written on some more recent events but weave the lengthy history of how the conspiracy to manipulate the current events often began hundreds of years ago, by showing them people from hundreds of years ago, and their agendas, and their businesses, and organizations that they created back then, that still widely and largely influence events today have been very popular with the membership.

So I think the real desire is there, there just aren’t too many members taking the time to research and present these things.

The truth is I am not trying to force my theories and my own research and personal knowledge gleaned from first hand life experiences on anyone.

I am simply sharing it with people, and bear no malice whatsoever to anyone who wishes to exercise their own freewill to make a different determination.

Yet invariably when some people fail to convince me not to believe my own eyes, and experiences, and research, in favor of sources I don’t view as being anywhere near as valid or accurate they do become upset.

This is not about me trying to convince them, this about them trying to convince me, and choosing to believe I am being unreasonable or irrational when they can’t.

I do consider everything; I just also consider the source, when considering it.

In reality my rebuttals are simply meant as an explanation as to why I will and do reject certain things, so that they can understand why I am making that choice.

People, who have failed to convince me of something they sincerely believe in or even simply wish to believe in, should not take it personal.

I don’t take it personal when people choose not to agree with me.

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

A quote from Virgil's Aeneid.

"Remember, Roman, that it is for thee to rule the nations. This shall be thy task, to impose the ways of peace, to spare the vanquished, and to tame the proud by war."

Rome's Origins...According to ancient legend, Rome was founded in 753 B.C. by the twin brothers Romulus and Remus, who were saved from death in their infancy by a she-wolf who sheltered and suckled them. According to Virgil's Aeneid Romulus' ancestor was Aeneas, a Trojan who after the fall of Troy founded a settlement in Latium. The Aeneas story, invented by Greek mythmakers, pleased the Romans because it linked their history with that of the Greeks.

history-world.org...

So all we have is ancient legend and Greek mythmakers to go by. I do find it interesting that the Aeneas story pleased the Romans. This leads me to believe that if it did not please the Romans, it would have been changed. Who was in charge of making sure that the correct story was portrayed for the ages? The Romans apparently.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The truth is that individuals carrying out crimes and conspiracies always have an eye towards weaving events to create what they term as “Plausible Deniability” when it comes to their actual machinations.

So very often as you look in to the who, what, how when and where of things, you are going to encounter endless tales woven by the conspirators that in fact give the who, plausible deniability, when it comes to the what, and how and when and often the where of things.

The aim is to distance your self from involvement in the conspiracy, while distancing everyone else from the truth of the conspiracy.

Even our whole political system is set up to create plausible deniability as one leader blames the problems on another leader, and one party blames the problems on another party, while more time is spent on accessing blame that is never ultimately arrived at or affixed than it is in correcting the problems.

All the while the major players conspire to create plausible deniability.

So it really boils down to since it is our leaders who then rewrite history, can we trust our leaders based on the outcomes of their leadership.

We are in fact 14,000,000,000,000.00 in debt and that’s not good leadership.

Why are we 14,000,000,000,000.00 in debt? Largely over the War on Terror, yet when you look at the events of 9-11 is the War on Terror actually being fought to protect us from a very small group of Islamic Fundamentalists or is it being fought to bankrupt us and drive us towards a one world government?

For the reality is there have been scant success in Afghanistan or Iraq, but the installation of puppet regimes, that rule from inside heavily fortified zones while the country sides of those nations devolve into endless cycles of factional and sectional violence that simply perpetuates the occupation and the drain of money to pay for it, and the increasing of the debt we are burdened with.

Arguably this is not creating peace or evening coming close to achieve it as the war is simply broadened into more countries in undeclared ways like Pakistan and the constant drone attacks, and Iran and the massively funded Intelligence Efforts to undermine it.

So the stated strategy is not working, and the stated goal not being reached, but you do have plausible deniability, but when you flip it around and see how 14,000,000,000,000.00 in debt aides the International Banking Cartel, and their desire to acquire the vital resources of these war zones, and it weakens the whole international system making it teeter on collapse with constant calls for a one world currency and one world government from many of the leaders, then how possible does it become that the real goal is actually the real outcome, being the 14,000,000,000,000.00 in debt, and appeals for a one world currency and government?

The latter becomes more logical based on the outcome, until you get to plausible deniability where cover stories and back stories are created simply to legitimize an agenda that is only being loosely followed to another end, and goals that aren’t being reached, that do then take us to another end.

When you consider that 10 years after 9-11 not one person has been charged in an open and transparent court of law, that the press and even lawyers are denied access to those accused in custody, and they aren’t even being held on U.S. Soil where anyone could accidently even interview them, then yes, you see a very orchestrated attempt to create a story all aimed at plausible deniability and likely for the sole purpose of portraying a false set of facts and circumstances, by eliminating the sources of evidence and witnesses to the crime.

I personally don’t think it is safe to trust our leaders based on the results that they achieve, and the way that they constantly seek out scapegoats and plausible deniability by controlling the information and the flow of it to the public.

So it really becomes then a matter of how far down the garden path do the people want our leaders to take us into debt, into war, and into manipulating circumstances to deny us quality of life and life itself, all the while doing everything they can to convince us they are doing us a favor by doing that?

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join