It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SOONER

I have no website and exclusively post only on ATS. The most recent discovery of another site having copy and pasted my original post has been reported to the staff by me.

In addition I promoted this thread for 2 months before posting it here on ATS to which many other members can testify.

I even had original art work done by another member for the thread, to which that member can testify.

The thread involved a massive amount of research and I made it largely because a number of other members asked me to post my entire theory on Rome after having discussed portions on it on a number of threads.

Springer has contacted me in response to my request for ATS to take action, and believe me when I say that ATS's policies are so strict on plageriasing that I would be banned for doing such.

This is not the first time someone has questioned whether I wrote the thread, and the site Hothnsnake found this on, is not the first site to have plagerized it either, and this is not the first time I have asked the staff to pursue the other sites on ATS's behalf and my own, and this is not the first OP I have written that has been plageriased either.

My Tax Day thread and Skull and Bones Health Care thread was too, and in those cases fellow members who spotted the articles verbatim on other sites also made accusations only to be proven wrong.

Sadly it appears that Hothnsnake is more concerned about other sites than ATS and his friends here, in the approach he took to bringing this to my attention.

Quite ironic that everything to do with Rome always boils down to divide and conquer.

Not only did I write this article I can easily prove it, and if you go to the most recent site that stole it they failed to include most of the sources I included as part of the background.

So do you really think I dug up multiple sources to support an article that someone else wrote, and linked them, but not the source of the article itself?

Hardly.

I wish people would do a little research before levelling these accusations.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Proto, in regards to your information stating that Rome was created and derived from the legacy of Troy. I have found no information to support this assumption, I have however, found a plethora of evidence to support the more plausible theory that Rome (in its prime form) was created by the Etruscan's who were peoples which resided in the regions which is now called Tuscany, in Italy. In fact, so many Roman words are derived from Etruscan roots that its almost impossible distinguish in some cases. The accepted timeline for the Etruscan civilization is from around 1250BC-550BC while the Roman Kingdom was said to have arisen in the 8th century BC and subsequently the Roman Republic in the 6th century BC, so the timelines line up perfectly as well. The Etruscan kings began what later became the Roman senate. I've just begun examining scholarly material on the topic from academics such as Tim Cornell and his book The Beginnings of Rome.

In fact the only "evidence" to support the theory that the Roman city/state arose from Troy comes down to pure mythology.

Aeneas. At the fall of Troy, Aeneas left the city in flames, and after wandering in the Mediterranean sea, came to Italy and founded the state that later became Rome. He was son of Anchises 1 & Aphrodite

homepage.mac.com...

Like I said, there is archeological/linguistic/textual evidence to support the Etruscan/Roman connection and in fact it makes perfect sense.

In surmise, I believe your theory on the Trojan history of Rome is totally false and therefore claiming that the Roman legacy has subsequently derived from even further antiquities is placed from the 'highly unlikely' to the 'impossible' column. Awaiting your reply on this matter.

As always, kind regards.

[edit on 25/5/2010 by serbsta]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
You should really write a novel! It'd be a great one. However im not sure I can believe a lot of the claims you put forward, but still, a good read and one which was quite entertaining.
The main thing I didnt agree with is the whole Caesar-Hebrew conspiracy, and them spreading out to spread disinformation, seems like a bit of a stretch with little evidence to back it up

Still this would be a great piece of fiction or whatever to see in a full length novel...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Sadly when it comes to what happened in the world 2700 years ago all we pretty much do have is myths.

Yet it’s important to understand as far as the myths go that Trojans did not establish the city of Rome as a colony but rather the descendants of one solitary Trojan did. So in theory what the city was founded on in that fashion was Trojan Philosophy and not architecture, handed down to a small line of offspring that were not born in Troy but born locally.

With limited to nonexistent records from that period, in fact all we can do is look for the slightly more plentiful bits of archeological ruins that have survived from that period and theorize.

However Rome did expand rather rapidly once it changed from a monarchy into a republic and has it expanded it relentlessly absorbed the technologies, architecture, weaponry, languages, and religions of those it incorporated into the Republic and then later the Empire in ways meant to always keep Rome one step ahead in all of these departments.

What is more relevant than the myths is the Secret Societies that guard Rome’s secrets and treasures, who do seem according to my sources to consider as do the myths that Rome was/is the legacy of Troy.

I believe one of the things we have uncovered is the influence and signs of Apollo, Troy’s chief deity interwoven throughout history in various and subtle ways right on up to and through the founding of America and the modern day.

So even if you aren’t directly privy to the inner workings of the Secret Societies we can see that factor in play in various forms from architecture to art, to writings, to even things like our early space program, which in my humble opinion lends credence to the Trojan Myth.

It is entirely possible like so many political manipulations are, that it was a fabrication by the early rulers of Rome who saw the Greeks as there first major challenge of conquest beyond Italy, and the idea of conquest and subjugation of the Greeks was sold to the early Romans as a form of revenge for their sacking and destruction of their fabled founding ancestor’s original home.

Yet the truth is we aren’t going to find any conclusive proof of much of what transpired pre-Roman times, in part because of erosion and loss of those records, and in part because the Vatican has long controlled the telling of history from ancient times through both distortions and omissions that has included tampering with and controlling many significant archeological efforts.

So we are left with two less than stellar options, accepting Rome’s own word for all of history, or theorizing as best we can what we imagine happened, based on outcome.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonnieprince
You should really write a novel! It'd be a great one. However im not sure I can believe a lot of the claims you put forward, but still, a good read and one which was quite entertaining.
The main thing I didnt agree with is the whole Caesar-Hebrew conspiracy, and them spreading out to spread disinformation, seems like a bit of a stretch with little evidence to back it up

Still this would be a great piece of fiction or whatever to see in a full length novel...

Actually in regards to the Roman-Hebrew connection, there is an incredible amount of strong circumstantial evidence to draw that connection. Christians literally could not have easily woven the myths of Christ who is/was alleged to be the son of the Hebrew God.

Hebrews tended to follow closely in the footsteps of the Romans and then the Christians where ever the Romans and Christians seemed to go. While Rome and Christians have alternatively persecuted the Hebrews they have also embraced them and welcomed them as a distinct separate and often equal people. History does display that Hebrews often conducted trades forbidden by Christianity itself but yet still an integral part of the predominantly Christian communities that they came to dwell in as areas were depopulated of pagans and Christianized. So we do see each sect often performing exclusive but complimentary functions towards and for one another. Once again Hegelian principles can be seen at play here, were two rather conflicting cultures, each retaining its own ways and identities clash and conspire to create an outcome that is not ideal per the tenets and belief of either culture.

Yet most of this focuses on the House of Dan and the Pharisees and not the average Hebrew who like the average Christian was for the most part simply manipulated and kept wholly ignorant of the purposes and desired outcomes of the lifestyle and belief systems their leaders, and elders and pontiffs extolled them by way of great penalty they must adhere to and follow.

The House of Dan in particular is key to this whole portion and its Viking history, and banking history is a fascinating and intriguing angle to the theory.

Even today, in Israel an archeological excavation at a building project that has been put on hold while it is conducted to determine whether the building project can go through has unearthed a pagan/heathen house of worship in the Holy Land dated to the time of Christ.

The good news is that the building project may now proceed displacing an ancient cemetery and the house of worship, yet the more interesting news is even in the time of the mythical Jesus and Hebrew, there was a real pagan/heathen presence inside of Judea. It is thought to be local and not a Pagan Roman cemetery. So as to just what was really going on in Judea back when this all began to morph into Rome is uncertain as we really only have Josephus’s non-biblical historical account to base that on, and Josephus was indeed a Roman Citizen as well as allegedly a Jew.

Personally I think all the religions of the world have been manipulated to play certain roles and skillfully so. While this has caused wholesale destruction and slaughter of indigenous and pagan peoples and at times one another, it is not a reflection of the foot soldiers in the trenches per say, whose perspectives on reality have been tightly manipulated for them, to make them the product of those machinations.

So rest assured this is not an ‘evil Jews’ tie in, but an ‘everyone has evil leaders’ tie in.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I recieved an Email this morning from the person who runs the site that Hothnsnake discovered yesterday that had republished the article, who sent this link to the final page of the piece Revelations-2012

Where at the very bottom he displays this:

All Credit for this short history of Rome must go to ProtoplasmicTraveler@ Abovetopsecret.com
Many Thanks

Evidently Hothnsnake must not have followed on through to the end of the article.

However there is a problem in that at the point that this appears, my opening piece has had the research of some other members regarding the Sun Dials mixed into it, which to my knowledge were additions to the thread by JackFlap and Hothnsnake that are being attributed to me.

So it's a little bit messy in how this person has mixed a whole lot of my work and then a smaller portion of other members work at the end and then attributed it at a point that he is attributing and citing me for the works and writings of other members.

I have written to him explaining this, and hope they will straighten that out, and try to cite who did what in ways you don't have to scroll through 40 pages of HTML to get to it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I asked them if they got their article from ATS and a member named Protoplasmic Traveler and they sent me an e-mail today and told me that they in fact did take it from ATS and that there is accreditation at the end of 'their' plagiarized work! At least they are not hiding the fact.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HothSnake
Did you happen to get your information for this post from this source ?

Actually I must now ask you if you got your information from this Source?

Because according to the site you have found, all your sundial Isis/Apollo work is being attributed to me!

So did you get your own work, after both of our work was stolen, and then all of it attributed to me from this other site?

Why would you steal your own work from me after some other site stole it from you and attributed it to me?

Have you no shame? I am shocked I tell you, it's bad enough I steal from me, but must you steal from you too, just because I steal from me?

Where will all this robbing of self end?

Clearly our similiar compulsions have gotten the best of us.

I have written the site owner stating that his vatican page tied in at the end of his Roman Empire 1 and Roman Empire 2 pages (my original piece) should be attributed to you and Jackflap I am not sure which of you or both of you he took those passages from, but they are all things you and Jackflap wrote extensively on earlier in the thread.

You might want to follow up on that too!

Please get some help and stop stealing from yourself and posting your own work as your own.

I will try to do the same and together we can overcome this dreaded affliction!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

I asked them if they got their article from ATS and a member named Protoplasmic Traveler and they sent me an e-mail today and told me that they in fact did take it from ATS and that there is accreditation at the end of 'their' plagiarized work! At least they are not hiding the fact.

In all fairness they did make an attempt to cite the work, but in ways that weren't entirely fair to me, or you (jackflap) and hothnsnake.

The person seems to mean well enough, they just fall a bit short in my humble opinion of doing well enough.

Thanks for writing them and you should read the Vatican Page on that site and figure out how much of it comes from you and hothnsnake.

Thanks my friend.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Personally I think this might have all been a conspiracy to get me to return here to Rome after being gone for several days elsewhere on ATS.

Running the empire is such a demanding job!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Hey, I finally checked out the last few pages on that site. They did use exactly what I wrote and they used the pictures as well. At least I feel better knowing that I was plagiarized along with one of the greatest minds on ATS. Thanks for clearing that mess up for us Proto.

Edit to add along.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by jackflap]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Actually, I wasn't accusing you Proto, sorry for the misunderstanding. After reading most of the site, I realized that it was just a compilation of various conspracy theories, probably lifted from ATS, a lot of it contradicts the religious aspects of the title of the site and various other sections of the site. In other words, there is no clear working theme here, just a compilation of other peoples work, clearly not written by one individual.

I was just wondering if this was your site or something? I can see the confusion, because some people might accuse me of plagiarizing on here from my own website, not realizing that it is my own website that I quote from sometimes. I should probably provide a link to it in my signature, in order to belay this confusion, huh? Anyhow, it was late last night, and I was quite tired, so didn't read the whole site til this morning and it is clear that it isn't your site, and that they stole the article from you.

Clearly your work has been plagiarized from this thread and others in several places on the web, and the website that I found is clearly one of these.

Again, sorry for the confusion, I should've clarified what I was aking you in my earlier post, which wasn't my intention to come off accusatory. I meant to ask you if it was your website, but clearly I shouldn't research and type on here when I'm tired..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

All Credit for this short history of Rome must go to ProtoplasmicTraveler@ Abovetopsecret.com
Many Thanks

I just read this section of the site yesterday afternoon and I missed this. Not sure it was there when i read it, but I might have missed it.

It would've been nice if they would've included this little snippet at the beginning, as opposed to the end of the article in the bottom right corner of the page.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by HothSnake]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Actually, all of that came from Jack.. Way to steal that info from them Jackflap!

Maybe they'll steal my stuff connecting Washington and the Vatican next?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
History isn't researched. History is created.
And of course, like everything else this will be of no significance whatsoever to the experience of anybody...

That was an interesting statement.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HothSnake

Please HothSnake, the gig is up, we have both been caught stealing from our selves. We must stop deflecting away now from our sickness, and perform penance or else continue to suffer the wrath of the gods!

We must confront our evil ways head on, and realize that only through our shame and admissions of guilt will we find salvation from our very sins against ourselves.

I know this is hard, but we must accept full responsibitlity for our actions.

We are theives, and we have stolen from ourselves and we must humbly seek foregiveness from ourselves and pay a steep price for our actions so we never steal from ourselves again!

We must no longer pretend for the sake of our own eternal salvation!

I don't have a website that I publish my conspiracy writings too, I may have a web site for meeting members of the opposite sex though, but that's another confession for another time.

I am so ashamed!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HothSnake

Have you no shame man, can you not admitt you have stolen from yourself!

Poor Jackflap now being accused of stealing from himself just so you can avoid the responsibility of stealing from yourself!

REPENT!

Or the gods shall have no mercy!

Get behind me Satan and cleanse the heart of this troubled soul taken by the Hoth and the Snake!

REDEEM HIM!

REDEEM HIM I Say!

By the way please drop a 50.00...wait...no a 100.00 in the collection plate and all shall be foregiven!

Actually, all of that came from Jack.. Way to steal that info from them Jackflap!

Maybe they'll steal my stuff connecting Washington and the Vatican next?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Please HothSnake, the gig is up, we have both been caught stealing from our selves. We must stop deflecting away now from our sickness, and perform penance or else continue to suffer the wrath of the gods!

Maybe if I offer my son up for sacrifice, the Gods will spare me? Or should i just say a couple of hail Marrys?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is a great day for Rome on its one month anniversary, we have fended off yet a pirate attack, but more importantly we have taken our 300th Flag, officially signifying Rome’s entry into the Bronze Age!

If the thread were a member with 300 flags, 300 replies and 300 stars it would achieve Bronze Content Contributor Status!

Thanks to everyone for participating and bringing so much critical attention to the thread, and such a wealth of additional information.

The good news is that we shall declare three days of feasting and games to celebrate our glorious entry into the Bronze Age!

The bad news is we will have to raise taxes, create new laws, and enforce them more strictly!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HothSnake

Maybe if I offer my son up for sacrifice, the Gods will spare me? Or should i just say a couple of hail Marrys?

I will be doing a sailor dive off the couch, diving headlong into a thumbtack for stealing from myself. That ought to teach me. I would have sacrificed my dog but I already did that way back at the beginning of the thread.

How can someone copy and paste someone else's work and make an entire web site out of it? Unbelievable. At least the information is being spread I guess and we are working out our own redemption for it.

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join