It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public picks best Mars pics (Great Choices!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Very interesting indeed. Thank you for explaining that.

Instead of Volcanos I would much rather think it is some old Alien UFO entereance that leads to a huge outpost, or even main group of beings. Hell bent on taking over Earth.....

Thanks again for all your input. I would like to watch a team explore that-live like- (as live as it could get).

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Because that photo is from a different mission.

I suppose you didn't read what that page says.

The team in charge of the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment, or HiRISE, is soliciting suggestions for pictures to be taken by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

And I don't think that's a good photo either, there are more interesting geological features on Mars.

Ahh just found this again while looking at this pic again

The link I give doesn't even say this and it's not a HiRISE pic. Also when I google your external quote it only brings me to ATS.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
The link I give doesn't even say this and it's not a HiRISE pic.
I know t's not a HiRISE photo, that's what I was saying.

Also when I google your external quote it only brings me to ATS.
It's funny how frequently that happens, and it shows the importance of providing a link to the source (which I didn't, sorry
), but they are still accepting suggestions in their HiWish page.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

How do you come about an image NASA has suppressed?
Fail.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

How do you come about an image NASA has suppressed?
Fail.

Um where did I say that?

Don't put words in my mouth. How is it suppressed when I linked to it....

Before you type, look.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ahhh ok now i get what you meant by that...COOL!

I'll suggest it

When you said you think others are more interesting, which one do you find most interesting?

I spent most my afternoon looking at Mars pics lol I'm worn out

Thanks

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Wow I just signed up and that site is awesome!

I forsee me suggesting many places

Also what would you suggest for someone like me who wants to learn how to figure out size of objects in pictures. I am not good with the photo imaging stuff but I'd like to learn so when I see these kinds of pics I can do what is necessary before posting them.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

When you said you think others are more interesting, which one do you find most interesting?
Considering that I have seen at least part of more than 18,000 photos, it's a little difficult to say.

Valleys, mountains, canals, holes, mesas, everything has its own special appeal. And yes, I do like rocks.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Considering that I have seen at least part of more than 18,000 photos, it's a little difficult to say.

Valleys, mountains, canals, holes, mesas, everything has its own special appeal. And yes, I do like rocks.

lol

Im on that site now lol It's tricky but I like it!

18,000?! WOW Ive seen thousands, under 10...I have a ways to go!

Thanks for linking me to that site. My financee is gonna love that, less time spent talking to him

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Also what would you suggest for someone like me who wants to learn how to figure out size of objects in pictures.
It depends, what photos are you talking about? There are great differences in resolution, but HiRISE photos usually have a 0.5 or 0.6 metres per pixel resolution.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Also what would you suggest for someone like me who wants to learn how to figure out size of objects in pictures.
It depends, what photos are you talking about? There are great differences in resolution, but HiRISE photos usually have a 0.5 or 0.6 metres per pixel resolution.

I guess for any picture really... I am not versed in pixelations and such but willing to learn

Mostly the Spirit Rover pics.

Yea I just need a book on how to read all of this stuff...

Any suggestions?

I really want to learn since Im getting more comfortable with such topics on here even if not everyone agrees

Thanks for you replies!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

For rover photos there's a program that takes the photos from the left and right camera and, based on the distance between the cameras and the angle they make relative to each other, shows at what distance the objects are or what size they are.

I don't remember the program's name, but I have it installed, so I will look for it.

Edit: the program is AlgorimancerPG.
edit on 26/12/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
sorry to go OT, but I didn't wanna make another thread. but if you guys in the states go out now you'll catch quite a nice view of venus and the moon in S/SW sky.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you so much!

With all the sites you have linked me to my fiancee with have to compete now with Mars lol

Thanks again Armap

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join